Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barbet 20:32 - Jun 1 with 25601 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

Having read the way that Beale wants to play with a back four, and the comment that “all of the players are young and have their best days ahead of them”, I fear for Barbet

It could be Dunne and Dickie as the first choice CBs. Possibly with Masterson as a back up as they’ve banged on so much about developing and bringing in the youth.

It would be such a shame for Barbet to just be released. I bet he comes back to Loftus Rd with another team and is motm!
Barbet on 22:27 - Jun 6 with 3670 viewsbosh67

That’s a huge blow to be honest. Such a brilliant example to all the other players. Sounds like they were trying to pay him with vouchers?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Barbet on 22:40 - Jun 6 with 3584 viewsdaveB

Good luck to him, was really good for us over the 3 years, I'd have liked to see him stay but we have no idea what he wanted in terms of money or length of contract, hope he does well back in France
Barbet on 22:45 - Jun 6 with 3549 viewsdavman

Pretty sad really.

A sign that even Yoann Barbet is too expensive for our budget - let that be the benchmark for future "#signsomeone" twitter campaigns.

Au revoir Yoann; will always remember your performance against WBA(h) = good luck!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Barbet on 23:12 - Jun 6 with 3409 viewsA40Bosh

https://youtube.com/watch?v=F1iC7SzZ4N8&feature=share

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Barbet on 23:16 - Jun 6 with 3388 viewsToast_R

That's a really silly move. The club appear to be chucking things overboard pretty quickly. Another 4 seasons of scratching around 16th is on the cards. Grim.
Barbet on 23:36 - Jun 6 with 3307 viewsNorthernr

I think it’s a huge mistake. Purge of the Warbs lads for the sake of purging.

As ever though, depends what he was on, what he was asking for, and what the alternative is.
Barbet on 23:42 - Jun 6 with 3270 viewsHanwellHoopster

Barbet on 23:36 - Jun 6 by Northernr

As ever though, depends what he was on, what he was asking for, and what the alternative is.

I'm not so sure I'd jump to the conclusion that it's a purge of the Warbs lads for the sake of purging.

Beale seems to play with a back four, and that reduces the number of CBs we need & Barbet is much better on the left side of a back 3 than he was in a centre back pairing. Ask Brentford fans and they'll say the same.

Change of system + him being one of the better paid players in the squad makes this make sense. We can't have one of our best paid players being someone who doesn't fit the system our new coach wants to play.

Doesn't stop this being sad, as Barbet has been a brilliant professional who has run through a huge amount of pain for our club and deserves a huge amount of thanks and credit for that.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2022 23:47]
Barbet on 00:28 - Jun 7 with 3160 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Understandable if it was a strategic or financial decision or the player wants to move but wholly outrageous if it was brinkmanship gone wrong.

I’d like to know which.

Good luck to him.
Login to get fewer ads

Barbet on 01:27 - Jun 7 with 3095 viewsMiss_Terraces

Barbet on 00:28 - Jun 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Understandable if it was a strategic or financial decision or the player wants to move but wholly outrageous if it was brinkmanship gone wrong.

I’d like to know which.

Good luck to him.

I'd be really surprised if it was anything but financial

I'm guessing there was a big difference in, what he and what we were prepared to pay. I'm ok with that just p!ssed off he has gone but the reasoning is sound

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Barbet on 01:55 - Jun 7 with 3067 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We don't know anywhere near enough to judge this yet.

As ever with Rangers, the truth will out in time.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Barbet on 02:57 - Jun 7 with 3010 viewsHAYESBOY

Well that's not going to help me sleep. FFS.

I suppose we have enough centre halves, but we are poorer without Barbet.

Dickie, Masterson, Dunne and De Wijs.

Bollx.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Barbet on 07:27 - Jun 7 with 2732 viewsPunteR

Beale wouldn't have seen him yet training or even spoke to him probably so doubt its a decision based on the team formation or whatever.
Either he wanted more money or the club wanted to decrease his wage is probably the reason.
Who knows?
Shame though. He was decent for us but that's the way things go at QPR.
We don't seem to keep players on for long.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Barbet on 07:34 - Jun 7 with 2709 viewsHarbour

Thank You Yohan for great 3 years you will be missed. A classy player who gave his all for the team wish him the best of luck. Think a mistake we are letting him go. Time will tell.
Barbet on 07:37 - Jun 7 with 2691 viewsMyke

Barbet on 23:36 - Jun 6 by Northernr

Not sure if it can be called a purge of Warburton's players for the sake of it, when the move was first flagged back in December/January. I think it was one of those 'promotion or not wait and see decisions' that needed to be made, depending on wages looked for by Barbet.
Also at 29, give him any kind of a lengthy deal and his re-sale value becomes nil, which as we know is NOT what we want to be doing.
We know that he is not strong in a four which is Beale's preferred option
If he had gone to another Championship club I would be pissed off, but going back to France makes sense for him and his family.
Wish him all the best, but on we go.
Barbet on 08:22 - Jun 7 with 2576 viewsenfieldargh

Barbet on 07:37 - Jun 7 by Myke

Not sure if it can be called a purge of Warburton's players for the sake of it, when the move was first flagged back in December/January. I think it was one of those 'promotion or not wait and see decisions' that needed to be made, depending on wages looked for by Barbet.
Also at 29, give him any kind of a lengthy deal and his re-sale value becomes nil, which as we know is NOT what we want to be doing.
We know that he is not strong in a four which is Beale's preferred option
If he had gone to another Championship club I would be pissed off, but going back to France makes sense for him and his family.
Wish him all the best, but on we go.

Je suis d'accord

Merci Johan pour tout ce que tu as fait pour nous et tr bonne chance dans ta nouvelle equipe Bordelaise

J'ai besoin de beton pret a l'emploi

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Barbet on 09:31 - Jun 7 with 2376 viewsdaveB

one of those where if we give him a 3 year deal come January if he is not playing we ask why did they give him 3 years shambles etc and if the replacement is not as good we say why did we let him go shambles etc

The easy thing would have been to give him what he wanted, I'd be inclined to let Adomah go as well to be honest but think he will stay

Key thing for the club is to look ahead and say will this player be key for us in a years time, if they think yes a 30 year old Barbet will be then give him 3 years if not they've probably made the right call. When you think they will likely need to improve contracts of Willock, Dieng, Dickie and maybe even Dunne & Amos this summer they can only stretch the budget so far

Much like with Warburton it's all about who they replace him with
Barbet on 09:40 - Jun 7 with 2348 viewsPhildo

Barbet on 09:31 - Jun 7 by daveB

one of those where if we give him a 3 year deal come January if he is not playing we ask why did they give him 3 years shambles etc and if the replacement is not as good we say why did we let him go shambles etc

The easy thing would have been to give him what he wanted, I'd be inclined to let Adomah go as well to be honest but think he will stay

Key thing for the club is to look ahead and say will this player be key for us in a years time, if they think yes a 30 year old Barbet will be then give him 3 years if not they've probably made the right call. When you think they will likely need to improve contracts of Willock, Dieng, Dickie and maybe even Dunne & Amos this summer they can only stretch the budget so far

Much like with Warburton it's all about who they replace him with

Really depends how the new system goes. If Beale's back 4 goes well all will be forgotten. If however he is sacked in the first half of the season and we end up with another back 5 it will look terrible business. Not too sure how the likes of Adomah and Johansen fit in to an energetic press either but that is for another day I guess.
Barbet on 10:01 - Jun 7 with 2278 viewsDannytheR

Barbet on 09:40 - Jun 7 by Phildo

Really depends how the new system goes. If Beale's back 4 goes well all will be forgotten. If however he is sacked in the first half of the season and we end up with another back 5 it will look terrible business. Not too sure how the likes of Adomah and Johansen fit in to an energetic press either but that is for another day I guess.

If we do re-sign Adomah, you'd imagine it will strictly be for 15 minutes cameos off the bench when we're either chasing or closing out games. (And that he's getting paid in bus fare and replica kits.)

The club would surely walk over broken glass to somehow be shot of Johansen and his contract. I'd be surprised if he features much at all on the pitch from here.
Barbet on 10:02 - Jun 7 with 2273 viewsfrancisbowles

I've been waiting three years but now will never see him score from one of those free kicks.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2022 12:58]
Barbet on 10:12 - Jun 7 with 2227 viewsDieByYourSide

Sad to see him go and a shame about the way it's happened.

The talk of us playing 4ATB and the fact he's not going to another Championship team does soften the blow though.

Great move to a big club, sure he'll be able to help get Bordeaux back to Ligue 1 and more than hold his own in that league.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Barbet on 10:19 - Jun 7 with 2194 viewsslmrstid

A shame to see him go but I suppose it depends what else he's had elsewhere.

If we were only offering him a year, or two years, and as reported earlier in this thread Bordeaux have been able to offer him three years then it makes it a bit of a no-brainer for him, particularly as Bordeaux is the club he started his career at.

I can't imagine the French Second Division is anywhere near the same standard as the Championship either, so he'd probably be a standout performer over there.
Barbet on 10:22 - Jun 7 with 2186 viewsterryb

Of course it might be wages that caused a breakdownt in negoiations.

Though it might have been the length of contract offered. Three years to a professional footballer is a hell of an incentive. I can't imagine that the club would have offered that.

Sometimes agreement can't be reached when neither side is guilty of being stingy or greedy.
Barbet on 10:29 - Jun 7 with 2157 viewsSonofpugwash

Meanwhile League 2 ability academy players are getting four year deals.

à bientôt Yoann,you deserved better than this.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Barbet on 10:33 - Jun 7 with 2130 viewsBucks_Ranger

Tweet now deleted
Barbet on 10:45 - Jun 7 with 2080 viewsStanFan

The only way I can make any sense of this at all is that we have quite a few CBs and need to spend our wage budget on other positions.
No, it doesn't convince me either!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024