Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7 Swans a swimming Match thread. 09:20 - Sep 3 with 30384 viewsconnell10

I'm going 1-1 ....Willock to score .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 17:11 - Sep 3 with 2784 viewsstevec

Gonna be wonder goals or no goals it seems.

Of course, the most important thing, Dykes needs to jump up and down a bit. No shots or goals, as long as there’s plenty of jumping about, that’s the main thing.
7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 17:19 - Sep 3 with 2666 viewsbaz_qpr

7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 17:11 - Sep 3 by stevec

Of course, the most important thing, Dykes needs to jump up and down a bit. No shots or goals, as long as there’s plenty of jumping about, that’s the main thing.

Dykes not the problem today, we created nothing because they did us tactically and Beale did not respond effectively
7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 17:24 - Sep 3 with 2592 viewsstevec

7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 17:19 - Sep 3 by baz_qpr

Dykes not the problem today, we created nothing because they did us tactically and Beale did not respond effectively

That has been the case if we don’t get an early lead against lower sides, but it’s hard to have a Plan B when you don’t have a centre forward who can dig you out of these situations.

Everyone knows it’s the Willock/Chair show and if that stalls for whatever reason the option of going a bit more direct is not an option.
7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 17:27 - Sep 3 with 2557 viewsdmm

Hmmm, disappointed at some of the negativity. Yes we didn't click today and made too many errors but I didn't think there was much in it. We did enough to take a point and would have done if the ref wasn't a homer.
7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 17:30 - Sep 3 with 2528 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 11:36 - Sep 3 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I have got every prediction wrong so far, so hopefully my rich vein of form will continue and I'll go for 1-0 to Swansea.

FFS, I finally get a result right. It sounds like it was game to far to name the same team third time in a week. I notice the Dyke haters are out in force already!!
7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 17:32 - Sep 3 with 2502 viewsflynnbo

7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 17:30 - Sep 3 by Wilkinswatercarrier

FFS, I finally get a result right. It sounds like it was game to far to name the same team third time in a week. I notice the Dyke haters are out in force already!!

Unbelievable aren't they? Did they even watch the match?
7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 17:37 - Sep 3 with 2442 viewstraininvain

7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 17:11 - Sep 3 by stevec

Just out of interest which of our 12 goals scored so far this season would you consider wonder goals?

I’ll give you Willock vs Middlesbrough and Chair vs Hull. Possibly Chair free kick vs Sunderland and Dieng’s freak goal but that’s stretching it a bit and still only four out of 12. I.e. 33% of the goals we’ve scored.

Not time to panic just yet.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2022 17:42]
7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 17:46 - Sep 3 with 2340 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
Swansea 1 QPR 0
In any top level sport — you can’t afford to make mistakes — especially unforced errors.
And that’s what we did - unforced errors and some sloppy passing.
And it cost us the chance to come away from Wales with a point.
Dickie, Dunne, Field and even Seny were culpable and we were punished.
All four are the spine of our defence.
Despite all that I still believe we are improving and we will be in with a shout at the end of the season.
It was a Field error midway through the first half that cost us dearly.
A poor chest-high pass from Dickie, trying to clear - Field could not control it - Cooper swooped and Piroe scored easily.
You couldn't have an easier goal.
And that was only five minutes after Seny had made a low-down save to his left from a poor Piroe penalty. Dunne had hand balled - according to referee Oliver Langford.
However it's good to know that Seny can make saves from spot kicks!
But his ditherings - outside the box - trying to let the ball go for a corner - nearly cost us big time. Yes - a bit harsh I know.
But Seny will learn from that. He is an excellent keeper.
So if we wish to make a run for the play-offs — and we do have the players to do it — then cut out those errors.
That’s why after just 8 Championship games we have still to keep a clean sheet.
Top marks though to Swansea boss Russell Martin.
Close marking of our vulnerable centre-backs paid them dividends — not only because of the mistakes we were forced into - but we were unable to release the ball quickly for us to strike at the other end.
This meant that Willock and Chair were more subdued than normal.
They just didn't have the space for their exocet missile strikes.
Then you can add in those poor passes - plus still hugely vulnerable from corners with Cabango twice missing clear headers - and that cake mix means we have nil points from a match that we should have perhaps drawn.
But Swansea, tactically smart, made us huff and puff.
We were a bit like wading through treacle.
The only clear chance it seems was Chair breaking through in the first half but keeper Benda deflected his shot.
This was not the glorious first half against Hull last Tuesday or the battling performance at Watford last Saturday.
But - and a big but - there were still enough morsels to show that we are on the right path.
Two steps forward and one step back.
I'm confident - despite this defeat - that we can make a run for the top six. Why not?
I know that's against the better judgement of many of you but the secret may be that Beale's loans and signings will improve this side massively.
Beale it seems has got a great eye for bringing in the newbies.
I fully expect Dickie and Dunne - at centre-backs - to come under pressure from the new boys.
So I can see a side like this - subject to fitness.
Dieng,
Laird, Balogun, Clarke-Salter, Paal,
Iroegbunam (impressive in his 20 minute cameo), Jojo/Dozzell, Chair, Willock, Richards,
Roberts/Dykes;
That is all seven of Beale's newbies in the starting eleven
Make no mistake Beale is surely aiming for a top six spot.
He has ambition - not only for himself of course - but for the club.
And his side so far - has played with a style that is easy on the eye.
As for the referee Oliver Langford - he was irritating.
Inside the first minute Willock on the edge of the box was pulled back.
A red card should have been shown and Swansea would have been down to 10 men.
But - let's face it - he didn't have the guts to call a foul let alone send a player off within seconds of the start.
Swansea almost to a man - were pulling shirts, pushing and niggling and we should have had a host of free kicks. But instead when we partly retaliated we were immediately penalised.
Maybe I'm looking at this through rose-tinted glasses - but come on - let's be fair.
As we all agree the standard of refereeing - especially in the Championship - is awful.
But onwards and I'm sure upwards we go.
We have 11 points from 8 matches - that's just one less after eight games at the start of last season when we were impressive.
We will get better and better and a win at home to lowly Huddersfield at Loftus Road next Saturday could see us in the top six.
I'm convinced - are you? If not - why not?
Login to get fewer ads

7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 17:47 - Sep 3 with 2298 viewsSonofpugwash

Don't know why but this feels very much like a defeat.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 17:51 - Sep 3 with 2297 viewsLblock

Thought we deserved a draw today

Was concerned that Pete didn’t seem to respond to their 4-1-3-2 set up which stifled us.
But we seemed to get better as game went on.
Two good efforts on goal and if they’d been a yard further to side of keeper then we’re definitely goals.

The ref must’ve been lost as surely he was due at Twickenham? Never seen that amount of holding, shirt pulling and general blocking and grounding go unpunished. As for the penalty…. My word.

Hats off to Senny for the save - long time coming that.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 17:55 - Sep 3 with 2250 viewsVancouverHoop

7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 17:47 - Sep 3 by Sonofpugwash

Don't know why but this feels very much like a defeat.

Because we'd played so well in the previous two matches?
7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 17:56 - Sep 3 with 2222 viewsdmm

7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 17:46 - Sep 3 by Greenbay

FT REPORT
Swansea 1 QPR 0
In any top level sport — you can’t afford to make mistakes — especially unforced errors.
Despite all that I still believe we are improving and we will be in with a shout at the end of the season.
A poor chest-high pass from Dickie, trying to clear - Field could not control it - Cooper swooped and Piroe scored easily.
And that was only five minutes after Seny had made a low-down save to his left from a poor Piroe penalty. Dunne had hand balled - according to referee Oliver Langford.
But his ditherings - outside the box - trying to let the ball go for a corner - nearly cost us big time. Yes - a bit harsh I know.
So if we wish to make a run for the play-offs — and we do have the players to do it — then cut out those errors.
Close marking of our vulnerable centre-backs paid them dividends — not only because of the mistakes we were forced into - but we were unable to release the ball quickly for us to strike at the other end.
Then you can add in those poor passes - plus still hugely vulnerable from corners with Cabango twice missing clear headers - and that cake mix means we have nil points from a match that we should have perhaps drawn.
The only clear chance it seems was Chair breaking through in the first half but keeper Benda deflected his shot.
This was not the glorious first half against Hull last Tuesday or the battling performance at Watford last Saturday.
But - and a big but - there were still enough morsels to show that we are on the right path.
I'm confident - despite this defeat - that we can make a run for the top six. Why not?
I know that's against the better judgement of many of you but the secret may be that Beale's loans and signings will improve this side massively.
I fully expect Dickie and Dunne - at centre-backs - to come under pressure from the new boys.
Dieng,
Iroegbunam (impressive in his 20 minute cameo), Jojo/Dozzell, Chair, Willock, Richards,
Roberts/Dykes;
But - let's face it - he didn't have the guts to call a foul let alone send a player off within seconds of the start.
Swansea almost to a man - were pulling shirts, pushing and niggling and we should have had a host of free kicks. But instead when we partly retaliated we were immediately penalised.
Maybe I'm looking at this through rose-tinted glasses - but come on - let's be fair.
As we all agree the standard of refereeing - especially in the Championship - is awful.
We have 11 points from 8 matches - that's just one less after eight games at the start of last season when we were impressive.
We will get better and better and a win at home to lowly Huddersfield at Loftus Road next Saturday could see us in the top six.

Good analysis and post, Greenbay. Agree with most of it and I too feel positive despite today's result.
7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 18:03 - Sep 3 with 2150 viewsParkRoyalR

7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 17:46 - Sep 3 by Greenbay

FT REPORT
Swansea 1 QPR 0
Dieng,
Roberts/Dykes;

Great summary, seems our midfield lacked the legs to get close enough to support the front 3 today let alone run past then, Sinclair for me should be playing off Dykes in his late cameo's,

CB wise we need another dominant defender to help defend corners + set pieces as seems an obvious weak point, especially after withdrawing Dykes + Field so early, as Dickie for me not physical enough on set piece defending leaving us with Dunne as only dominant player in the air to defend set pieces for last half hour, which is a big risk in the Championship.
7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 18:41 - Sep 3 with 1923 viewstraininvain

7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 18:03 - Sep 3 by ParkRoyalR

Great summary, seems our midfield lacked the legs to get close enough to support the front 3 today let alone run past then, Sinclair for me should be playing off Dykes in his late cameo's,

CB wise we need another dominant defender to help defend corners + set pieces as seems an obvious weak point, especially after withdrawing Dykes + Field so early, as Dickie for me not physical enough on set piece defending leaving us with Dunne as only dominant player in the air to defend set pieces for last half hour, which is a big risk in the Championship.

I’m more concerned by the lack of pace between Dunne and Dickie with the high line that Beale wants to play. But I doubt that Dunne will be starting once JCS returns and Balogun gets up to speed.
7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 18:55 - Sep 3 with 1833 viewsdavman

... and ANOTHER thing. TEN substitutes, a lengthy injury for the shoulder and the length of time Swansea took over every break of play = 4 minutes. FOUR.

Just fck off everything and everyone claiming to officiate this game.

Nigel Pearson got it right the other week and he is a raving lunatic. The fact that this happens when the EFL has issued a directive to cut back on time "management".

Yes, we were poor, but those officials were still ten times worse.

C**ts

Off my soapbox now.

... and relax!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 19:01 - Sep 3 with 1798 viewsParkRoyalR

7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 18:41 - Sep 3 by traininvain

I’m more concerned by the lack of pace between Dunne and Dickie with the high line that Beale wants to play. But I doubt that Dunne will be starting once JCS returns and Balogun gets up to speed.

High line yet to prove the issue all expected, whereas defending corners + set pieces has, must have been 4 decent headed chances Swansea had in the box today from corners + set pieces and this has been a pattern this season and the latter half of last season.
7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 19:40 - Sep 3 with 1660 viewstraininvain

7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 19:01 - Sep 3 by ParkRoyalR

High line yet to prove the issue all expected, whereas defending corners + set pieces has, must have been 4 decent headed chances Swansea had in the box today from corners + set pieces and this has been a pattern this season and the latter half of last season.

Set pieces a problem but high line also an issue last weekend vs Watford and the goal we conceded vs Hull. Noticeable that pretty much every team we’ve played this season has looked for the ball in behind our defence.

I would expect a back three of Dickie, Balogun and JCS if all defenders fit. Balogun to address set piece issues and JCS for a bit more pace.
7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 19:46 - Sep 3 with 1637 viewsdmm

Strangely, Beale says in his post match interview on the offy that he didn't know why the back line was so high. Surely he could have got them to drop back a bit?
7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 20:11 - Sep 3 with 1529 viewsdavman

7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 19:46 - Sep 3 by dmm

Strangely, Beale says in his post match interview on the offy that he didn't know why the back line was so high. Surely he could have got them to drop back a bit?

Well he could have told them to, couldn't actually do it for them though. Get the feeling it may be Dickie and Balogan next week and Tim may well start over Sam Field...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 20:33 - Sep 3 with 1459 viewsBoston

On the bright side, with only a basic knowledge of the English language, neither the Brazilians or Italian realized we had lost.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 22:52 - Sep 3 with 1266 viewsRangers67

Dykes isn’t very good
7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 23:57 - Sep 3 with 1156 viewsplasmahoop

I wasn't at the game, but if pace is the issue as has been suggested, surely dunne is a bit faster than dickie?
7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 07:27 - Sep 4 with 998 viewsderbyhoop

We seemed to lack the energy that we'd shown against Watford and Hull.
But, if the ref hadn't been a coward, we'd have been playing 10 for 89 minutes. If he'd awarded a free kick for foul on Willock, he'd have to produce a red card as well. But he chickened out.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 08:40 - Sep 4 with 909 viewsnix

7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 07:27 - Sep 4 by derbyhoop

We seemed to lack the energy that we'd shown against Watford and Hull.
But, if the ref hadn't been a coward, we'd have been playing 10 for 89 minutes. If he'd awarded a free kick for foul on Willock, he'd have to produce a red card as well. But he chickened out.

It is infuriating because if he hadn't been fouled, Willock is the player from our team you'd most like in that position, as he'd almost certainly have scored. It doesn't just seem like a clear goal scoring opportunity but almost a banker.

We would almost certainly have won that game if we'd scored first as they couldn't have adopted the tactic of just closing us down, pulling us back, and for a bit of novelty, kicking us up into the air. They would have had to try and win the game a bit more. I know they had a few chances but I think the whole team was a bit rattled after the Willock fiasco.

Also I wish they could put into the LOTG at which point you can actually be booked, sent off, granted a penalty, just so we know when it isn't 'too soon' so we can not even bother to attack against a dirty side like Swansea, because frankly there's no point when you've got such crap officials.
7 Swans a swimming Match thread. on 11:19 - Sep 4 with 763 viewsSonofpugwash

Maybe it was just a bollocks to it afternoon where you know whatever you do you'll get cheated.Rather like a bent judge boxing match.
Seen rather a lot of these over the years.Just lick your wounds and keep punching.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024