Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti Cifuentes 17:14 - Dec 3 with 103465 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nah me neither.

I’m about to listen to this podcast though. Non Swedish part starts 55 seconds in:

https://t.co/5DqLhBP4vL
[Post edited 3 Dec 2022 17:16]
Marti Cifuentes on 13:25 - Nov 1 with 3674 viewssimmo

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/november/01/marti-cifuentes-first-interview/

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Marti Cifuentes on 13:28 - Nov 1 with 3630 viewstkqpr

Yea Great interview on the Offi.

Hes very likeable and upbeat, but with technical nouse it seems.

Loved how he never mentioned the 'project' once, thats always nice.

Welcome Marti ...mumble mumble :)
Marti Cifuentes on 13:32 - Nov 1 with 3572 viewspriceyparkrangers

Fantastic first interview. We have to get behind this guy.

No more “hard work” “the lads giving everything”, a football manager genuinely talking about tactics! Refreshing
Marti Cifuentes on 13:58 - Nov 1 with 3413 viewsAntti_Heinola

Marti Cifuentes on 21:43 - Oct 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

They would have been in an awkward spot if we’d have beaten Leicester wouldn’t they.

As Alex Horne would say, 'big if'

Bare bones.

Marti Cifuentes on 14:10 - Nov 1 with 3343 viewsBklynRanger

Also sounds from the interview like he's done his homework as far as the players are concerned.

Would make sense if this has been in the pipeline for a few weeks.
Marti Cifuentes on 14:11 - Nov 1 with 3341 viewsGaryBannister86

Hang on though, no mention that he used to stand in the Loft as a kid?

Boooooo.
Marti Cifuentes on 14:30 - Nov 1 with 3228 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

MC’s last away game

MC’s next away game

Marti Cifuentes on 14:31 - Nov 1 with 3223 viewsDannyPaddox

Marti Cifuentes on 13:25 - Nov 1 by simmo

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/november/01/marti-cifuentes-first-interview/

03.40: ”It’s about scoring as many goal chances as you can and concede the less you can. This is my ultimate target as a coach”

I think we’ve found our man 😆

Seriously though this is the most inspiring new manager interview I’ve heard at the Rs. Says all the things I want to hear. Playing formations to fit the players and not the other way around. Focusing on the players technical abilities. Attacking! Seems like a buen huevo too. Definitely got me excited. Now to see what happens on the pitch. Bring it on!
Login to get fewer ads

Marti Cifuentes on 14:40 - Nov 1 with 3154 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Marti Cifuentes on 14:31 - Nov 1 by DannyPaddox

03.40: ”It’s about scoring as many goal chances as you can and concede the less you can. This is my ultimate target as a coach”

Seriously though this is the most inspiring new manager interview I’ve heard at the Rs. Says all the things I want to hear. Playing formations to fit the players and not the other way around. Focusing on the players technical abilities. Attacking! Seems like a buen huevo too. Definitely got me excited. Now to see what happens on the pitch. Bring it on!

The accent was intriguing.

Started off all Sven Goran Eriksson then ended up like Pep.
Marti Cifuentes on 14:42 - Nov 1 with 3136 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Breath of fresh air for sure .He watched Gareths interviews and probably thought Jesus that poor guy had been reduced to a shell I want to try and avoid that
Loves the fans here also and wants them to drive us on but insists he will give them entertainment and value for their money .How refreshing I just wish the first game was at home Saturday .
To the usual dedicated travelling fans enjoy the new QPR you deserve it
Marti Cifuentes on 15:00 - Nov 1 with 3038 viewssimmo

Some takeaways...

- Very enjoyable way to say 'quality' - like the Spanish version of the Germans use of 'topics'. Hoping to hear it more

- His comment that he's the one that will watch the team more than anybody else, so he wants to enjoy what he's watching. Made me wish I could have heard his thoughts when reviewing our last few games - Ainsworth is probably his mortal enemy

- I liked the little dig at Russell Martin style possession football, commenting that it's not an achievement to keep the ball amongst your centre backs. This interpretation of controlling the game is bollocks, IMO, I'm pleased he highlighted the difference

- He clearly has some personality and charisma, which has obviously burned us in the past but generally speaking we're not a fanbase that likes boring people

- 'We need to be angry when we lose' - way ahead of you mate! I do also think it's refreshing (if not a little dangerous) to actively invite pressure from a fanbase, good on him for having the nuts to call for that level of accountability right from the off

- There's no way 80% of this fanbase is pronouncing his name correctly, no matter how easy it is once he's told them how

¡Vamos Martí!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Marti Cifuentes on 15:01 - Nov 1 with 3035 viewsCateLeBonR

Marti Cifuentes on 14:30 - Nov 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

MC’s last away game

MC’s next away game

Last one.

Next one…
Marti Cifuentes on 15:21 - Nov 1 with 2945 viewslassel

Marti Cifuentes on 15:00 - Nov 1 by simmo

Some takeaways...

- Very enjoyable way to say 'quality' - like the Spanish version of the Germans use of 'topics'. Hoping to hear it more

- His comment that he's the one that will watch the team more than anybody else, so he wants to enjoy what he's watching. Made me wish I could have heard his thoughts when reviewing our last few games - Ainsworth is probably his mortal enemy

- I liked the little dig at Russell Martin style possession football, commenting that it's not an achievement to keep the ball amongst your centre backs. This interpretation of controlling the game is bollocks, IMO, I'm pleased he highlighted the difference

- He clearly has some personality and charisma, which has obviously burned us in the past but generally speaking we're not a fanbase that likes boring people

- 'We need to be angry when we lose' - way ahead of you mate! I do also think it's refreshing (if not a little dangerous) to actively invite pressure from a fanbase, good on him for having the nuts to call for that level of accountability right from the off

- There's no way 80% of this fanbase is pronouncing his name correctly, no matter how easy it is once he's told them how

¡Vamos Martí!

I did say yesterday I suspect he had to get deep into a bottle of fläder akvavit to get through Ainsworth’s matches
Marti Cifuentes on 15:41 - Nov 1 with 2820 viewsjoolsyp

Marti Cifuentes on 15:21 - Nov 1 by lassel

I did say yesterday I suspect he had to get deep into a bottle of fläder akvavit to get through Ainsworth’s matches

At the same time he was very respectful to Gareth, recognising his status here as a player and expressing solidarity with him as a coach. I liked that interview a lot.
Marti Cifuentes on 15:53 - Nov 1 with 2741 viewsconnell10

Good interview but they all sound good until they don't... definitely keeping my powder dry until I see what he does.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Marti Cifuentes on 15:54 - Nov 1 with 2740 viewscharmr

Football could well be back
Marti Cifuentes on 15:59 - Nov 1 with 2705 viewsBklynRanger

Marti Cifuentes on 15:53 - Nov 1 by connell10

Good interview but they all sound good until they don't... definitely keeping my powder dry until I see what he does.

Most of us did love Gareth's pride and enthusiasm when he came in, so point taken
Marti Cifuentes on 16:17 - Nov 1 with 2606 viewskernowhoop

Inspiring interview, but we shall have to have some patience. He and the team will be on the road to Rotherham before he has had a serious chance to evaluate the squad. He will have watched videos, but he will need time at Heston - plenty of it.
Marti Cifuentes on 17:08 - Nov 1 with 2474 viewsHunterhoop

Marti Cifuentes on 15:00 - Nov 1 by simmo

Some takeaways...

¡Vamos Martí!

Agree with all of that, Simmo. Very encouraging and exciting. He’s very likeable. Needs to be backed regardless of how things go this season.
Marti Cifuentes on 18:34 - Nov 1 with 2276 viewsDTIG

Marti Cifuentes on 14:31 - Nov 1 by DannyPaddox

I was going to say exactly the same thing!

I mean...the genius of it. Why hasn't anyone else thought of that philosophy??
Marti Cifuentes on 18:39 - Nov 1 with 2238 viewsdmm

I'm enjoying the accent of our first Spanish Manager as it makes me think, Guardiola, del Bosque, Benitez...
Marti Cifuentes on 19:49 - Nov 1 with 2094 viewsbosh67

Yes he comes across very well in the interview. From what I have sen and heard about him he is very much more Warbsball than Gazzaball so I expect to see a lot more pressing and possession.

I wonder if anyone has actually told him he has one striker who doesn't score many goals, 2-3 rookie strikers who don't score any, midfielders who don't have hamstrings, defenders who are seldom fit and half a team out through red cards?

It is a very tough ask but I wish him luck and hope he gets time to start playing possession football and at least play to the player's strengths... whatever those are.

I predict a 3-2 win at Rotherham. 2 nil down after 15 minutes and a second half where we actually believe and click.

I think whatever it will become clear to him after Rotherham what the size of the challenge is here.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Marti Cifuentes on 20:04 - Nov 1 with 2007 viewsBakes

Lots of photos from training today

https://www.shutterstock.com/editorial/sets/14175505

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Marti Cifuentes on 20:07 - Nov 1 with 1995 viewsdm97

I know we can’t think this way, but I wonder how much better off we’d be if he’d taken over post Beale. He’s exactly what we should have been (and were) doing following Warbs. Gotta go back to this genre and stick with it, league 1 or otherwise.
Marti Cifuentes on 20:22 - Nov 1 with 1945 viewsAndybrat

Marti Cifuentes on 20:07 - Nov 1 by dm97

I know we can’t think this way, but I wonder how much better off we’d be if he’d taken over post Beale. He’s exactly what we should have been (and were) doing following Warbs. Gotta go back to this genre and stick with it, league 1 or otherwise.

Hammerby wouldn’t release him when we tried earlier
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024