Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti Cifuentes 17:14 - Dec 3 with 103463 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nah me neither.

I’m about to listen to this podcast though. Non Swedish part starts 55 seconds in:

https://t.co/5DqLhBP4vL
[Post edited 3 Dec 2022 17:16]
Marti Cifuentes on 18:39 - Oct 31 with 2799 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Marti Cifuentes on 18:38 - Oct 31 by daveB

does that mean we can still blame Les if it goes wrong

Yeah I think that’s how it works.
Marti Cifuentes on 18:43 - Oct 31 with 2768 viewsGloucs_R

Marti Cifuentes on 18:13 - Oct 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

One thing that’s going unsaid that shouldn’t be.

This is effectively a Les Ferdinand signing. He gets bad mouthed enough, so I think he deserves some credit.

I doubt Les came across this guy by himself. Surely part of the wider network he had under him?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Marti Cifuentes on 19:06 - Oct 31 with 2670 viewsqueensparker

Marti Cifuentes on 12:57 - Oct 31 by lassel

Another Brit in Stockholm here- former ST holder in the Upper Loft and just wanted to add a few bits.

Firstly, I was lucky enough to be ITK for the first time in my life as my wife is on the board at Hammarby so I’ve known for a few weeks the deal was happening but all parties agreed to keep quiet out of respect for both teams. I’ve also been lucky enough to meet Marti a few times and I know he wanted this move and has been watching our games this season, so I think he will come in and hit the ground running - he has also turned down a couple of offers since the deal failed last year, including a Spanish top flight club.

His Hammarby team have played some lovely football but last nights game summed them up in that they can be open defensively at times, and Marti will never send his team to the corner flag to see out a match….

Also not sure if it’s been said but after the team was gutted last season he has not played much with a ‘traditional’ CF, rather 2 wingers who interchange with a ‘10’ or a build up striker so I wouldn’t be surprised to see Chair as a ‘false 9’ at times and a Chair, Willock and Smyth/Richards front 3 interchanging. Potentially Dykes sold in January to raise some funds to reinvest?

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Armstrong doesn’t feature much in all honesty, I think he might end up out on loan come Jan 1st as Im not sure where he would fit into a Marti team….

On the prospect of signings, I would look at Oscar Petterson (23, winger, 9 goals this season) and Samuel Holm (26, CM, 6 assists) from Brommapojkarna both young and raw but malleable. Allsvenskan teams have been fitting Bromma for their best youngsters for the last few years. I wouldn’t be shocked if someone like Freddie Hammar came on a short loan over winter from Hammarby.

My only concern would be that the more questionable members amongst the fan base will quickly turn on him when rather than our winger kick and running, he checks back inside and recycles play….otherwise I think we have a huge coup on our hands here.

Outstanding, thank you.

In 20+ years of reading football related bollox on the internet, this is the first genuine “in the know” post I’ve ever seen. Should be put in a digital museum
Marti Cifuentes on 19:16 - Oct 31 with 2636 viewskensalriser

Marti Cifuentes on 19:06 - Oct 31 by queensparker

Outstanding, thank you.

In 20+ years of reading football related bollox on the internet, this is the first genuine “in the know” post I’ve ever seen. Should be put in a digital museum

And like all actual ITKs who have half a brain and a sense of decorum, kept shtum!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Marti Cifuentes on 19:20 - Oct 31 with 2621 viewsSuperhoops2808

This is effectively a Les Ferdinand signing. He gets bad mouthed enough, so I think he deserves some credit.

TBF... We could have signed anyone and if it didnt work out some would blame Les you know that
Marti Cifuentes on 19:23 - Oct 31 with 2608 viewsbosh67

Lordy... It seems he has leapt out the frying pan and into the fire!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Marti Cifuentes on 19:41 - Oct 31 with 2491 viewsTK1

Marti Cifuentes on 18:43 - Oct 31 by Gloucs_R

I doubt Les came across this guy by himself. Surely part of the wider network he had under him?

I wonder who put that network together?

I didn't want LF to be the first to fall on his sword, I think we've genuinely missed him since he's gone and he'd be very valuable to a coach new to the country, the league and the club right now. But if we can't have him, we do need a smart, competent DOF urgently now to keep the whole thing in place.
Marti Cifuentes on 19:44 - Oct 31 with 2478 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Marti Cifuentes on 18:43 - Oct 31 by Gloucs_R

Well as others have said, he gets the blame for the bad things and no credit for the good.

It’s early days but a lot of support for MC which I think he deserves credit for personally.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2023 19:47]
Login to get fewer ads

Marti Cifuentes on 19:48 - Oct 31 with 2457 viewsPunteR

If Les done all the ground work last year then i agree it should be acknowledged .
Shame he didnt get the deal over the line though and went for Critchley or was it Beale instead.?
Also a shame he never got a team together that would suit Marti type manager.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Marti Cifuentes on 19:52 - Oct 31 with 2431 viewsessextaxiboy

Marti Cifuentes on 13:14 - Oct 31 by Quirrel

Just read they had to pay around 250000-300000 pound in compo to Hammarby. He had 1 year left on the contract i think. So it seems there is a small coffer somewhere.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2023 14:11]

Les Ferdinands salary will cover that .
Marti Cifuentes on 20:03 - Oct 31 with 2365 viewsHooparoo

Maybe I’m just an eternal optimist but I have a feeling that this will turn out well. As others have said on here, reminds me of the De Canio appointment in the Tango and Cash era.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Marti Cifuentes on 20:04 - Oct 31 with 2356 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Marti Cifuentes on 19:48 - Oct 31 by PunteR

If Les done all the ground work last year then i agree it should be acknowledged .
Shame he didnt get the deal over the line though and went for Critchley or was it Beale instead.?
Also a shame he never got a team together that would suit Marti type manager.

I mean, you can never be sure with this club but Barbet, Dickie, Dozell, Paal, Willock, and arguably Chair are all LF players who should be thriving under this kind of football.
Marti Cifuentes on 20:11 - Oct 31 with 2337 viewsGloucs_R

Marti Cifuentes on 19:44 - Oct 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

Well as others have said, he gets the blame for the bad things and no credit for the good.

It’s early days but a lot of support for MC which I think he deserves credit for personally.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2023 19:47]

Point being, you are speculating. Neither of us know. Therefore, you can't really praise someone who may not have done it.

However, I do agree with you that he wasn't all bad. Still a legend in my eyes (as a striker not as a DoF!!)

Poll: Are we staying up?

Marti Cifuentes on 20:27 - Oct 31 with 2268 viewshubble

Depends which way you look at it. If Les chose Beale over Cifuentes (and he was crowing about the selection process before things went tits up with Beale), then that's on him too.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Marti Cifuentes on 20:33 - Oct 31 with 2230 viewslassel

Marti Cifuentes on 18:08 - Oct 31 by FDC

Thanks for sharing this. Have to say it's all very encouraging, and only serves to further my increasing excitement about a manager I had not only not heard of 24 hours ago, but also referred to on another thread as a "random Swedish guy"....

Do we know why he would have turned down a top flight Spanish club?

Honestly, no idea - a Wikipedia check says there were 16 manager changes in La Liga last season so if you’re not Barca, Real or Atleti you seem to be 2 draws away from the sack, but I’m just guessing.

Not that QPR are ever immune to 3/4 manager season but I’d imagine he has been promised time to do his thing even if we were to go down.
Marti Cifuentes on 20:40 - Oct 31 with 2176 viewsHunterhoop

Pretty sure Clive says in his article or a post that he was in the running when Beale got it and then they would have gone for him after Beale but the compensation needed to get him was too much a year ago.

Either way he was identified through the process Les ran. That much is clear. They banged on about how detailed the process was last summer too, so I assume Hoos just dug that out work and went through it with Belk. Seems a reasonable assumption.
Marti Cifuentes on 21:02 - Oct 31 with 2103 viewsbaz_qpr

Its gotta be said for all the stick the board has been given this was pretty ruthless. It sounds like Ainsworth's fate was sealed possibly before Blackburn, maybe even at the end of last season and they have been biding their time to get their number one choice. Makes sense now why they stayed so silent, no vote of confidence, no nothing. I wonder if Gareth knew at all
Marti Cifuentes on 21:05 - Oct 31 with 2082 viewshubble

Marti Cifuentes on 20:40 - Oct 31 by Hunterhoop

Pretty sure Clive says in his article or a post that he was in the running when Beale got it and then they would have gone for him after Beale but the compensation needed to get him was too much a year ago.

Either way he was identified through the process Les ran. That much is clear. They banged on about how detailed the process was last summer too, so I assume Hoos just dug that out work and went through it with Belk. Seems a reasonable assumption.

Fair enough.

Re. the other Baz's post above, yes, if as it appears they had decided on GA's fate some time ago and were just waiting till their man became available, you could call them ruthless, but also perhaps far more competent than they've been given credit for?
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 8:42]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Marti Cifuentes on 21:43 - Oct 31 with 1933 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

They would have been in an awkward spot if we’d have beaten Leicester wouldn’t they.
Marti Cifuentes on 21:47 - Oct 31 with 1918 viewsdaveB

Marti Cifuentes on 21:43 - Oct 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

They would have been in an awkward spot if we’d have beaten Leicester wouldn’t they.

would have been similar to Middlesbrough when they got rid of Warnock after a win to bring in Chris Wilder
Marti Cifuentes on 22:15 - Oct 31 with 1812 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Marti Cifuentes on 15:13 - Oct 31 by Juzzie

This is why I wish people would reel in in a bit and not think they know how to run and/or manage a football club/team or at least criticise when they don't know the full in's & out's. We just don't know.

Still, leopards and spots and all that.

Oh, the sweet irony of you criticising fans for criticising. You reel it in, pal.
Marti Cifuentes on 09:01 - Nov 1 with 1397 viewsNorthernr

A fourth link between QPR and AaB in Denmark. Anybody fancy having a stab at the other three?
Marti Cifuentes on 09:01 - Nov 1 with 1388 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ramkilde.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Marti Cifuentes on 09:05 - Nov 1 with 1349 viewsNorthernr

Marti Cifuentes on 09:01 - Nov 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Ramkilde.

The people's champion. That's one.
Marti Cifuentes on 09:06 - Nov 1 with 1343 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Marti Cifuentes on 09:05 - Nov 1 by Northernr

The people's champion. That's one.

No idea on the other two.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024