Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Antibiotics 19:38 - Dec 8 with 2779 viewsmax936

Apparently some are becoming scarce to obtain because of the War in Ukraine, apparently a lot of Antibiotics are produced out there, probably since Thatcher decimated GB's manufacturing industries.
Unbelievable.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Antibiotics on 21:20 - Dec 8 with 1951 viewsKeithHaynes

I blame brexit.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Antibiotics on 21:33 - Dec 8 with 1937 viewsFlashberryjack

I blame climate change.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Antibiotics on 21:48 - Dec 8 with 1921 viewsmajorraglan

According to our Health Minster there’s no shortage, but pharmacists in the UK are reporting shortages as are the health authorities in Franc, the US, Spain, Canada and Australia. So who do we believe, Steve Barclay MP or pharmacists and health professionals. Mmmm, it’s a tough one!😟

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/dec/07/strep-a-uk-pharmacists-report-an
[Post edited 8 Dec 2022 21:49]
Antibiotics on 21:56 - Dec 8 with 1914 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Even if there is not a shortage the media will take great comfort in stirring up the story.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Antibiotics on 21:58 - Dec 8 with 1912 viewsmax936

Antibiotics on 21:20 - Dec 8 by KeithHaynes

I blame brexit.

Part of the problem without a doubt.

Antibiotics on 22:04 - Dec 8 with 1910 viewsmax936

Antibiotics on 21:48 - Dec 8 by majorraglan

According to our Health Minster there’s no shortage, but pharmacists in the UK are reporting shortages as are the health authorities in Franc, the US, Spain, Canada and Australia. So who do we believe, Steve Barclay MP or pharmacists and health professionals. Mmmm, it’s a tough one!😟

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/dec/07/strep-a-uk-pharmacists-report-an
[Post edited 8 Dec 2022 21:49]

Shortage of Strep A antibiotics, if some antibiotics are getting in short supply how long before it affects other meds, that could be a serious issue for some.

Antibiotics on 22:12 - Dec 8 with 1904 viewsGwyn737

I expect Michelle Mone can lay her hands on some…
Antibiotics on 22:20 - Dec 8 with 1900 viewsmax936

Antibiotics on 22:12 - Dec 8 by Gwyn737

I expect Michelle Mone can lay her hands on some…

She can use the money she's gained from the PPE fiasco to finance their acquisition then.

Login to get fewer ads

Antibiotics on 00:06 - Dec 9 with 1860 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Antibiotics on 21:33 - Dec 8 by Flashberryjack

I blame climate change.

I blame it on the boogie

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Antibiotics on 00:27 - Dec 9 with 1850 viewsJack123

Antibiotics on 22:04 - Dec 8 by max936

Shortage of Strep A antibiotics, if some antibiotics are getting in short supply how long before it affects other meds, that could be a serious issue for some.

Now that doesn't bare thinking about.. If medication we take for granted, went scarce.

libera nos a malo

Antibiotics on 13:04 - Dec 9 with 1783 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Blaming a present-day shortage on something you alleged happen over 40s years is nonsense. The UK is the world's 7th largest manufacturing country.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Antibiotics on 17:41 - Dec 9 with 1747 viewsmax936

Antibiotics on 13:04 - Dec 9 by felixstowe_jack

Blaming a present-day shortage on something you alleged happen over 40s years is nonsense. The UK is the world's 7th largest manufacturing country.

Everything is nonsense when its criticism directed at your beloved Tory politicians.

No alleged about it. Its a fact!

Antibiotics on 18:55 - Dec 9 with 1719 viewsTogg

A lot of Pharmacies have run out of Penicillin and patients are having to get their prescriptions changed. From someone on the frontline so to speak.
Been a huge demand recently, not only because of Strep A but a lot of nasty respiratory viruses out there. The problem I believe, is peoples antibodies layed dormant for a few years while we all locked down. Young kids especially were not having their bodies exposed to the various illnesses to build up their immune systems.
Antibiotics on 19:08 - Dec 9 with 1710 viewsmax936

Antibiotics on 18:55 - Dec 9 by Togg

A lot of Pharmacies have run out of Penicillin and patients are having to get their prescriptions changed. From someone on the frontline so to speak.
Been a huge demand recently, not only because of Strep A but a lot of nasty respiratory viruses out there. The problem I believe, is peoples antibodies layed dormant for a few years while we all locked down. Young kids especially were not having their bodies exposed to the various illnesses to build up their immune systems.

"The problem I believe, is peoples antibodies laid dormant for a few years while we all locked down. Young kids especially were not having their bodies exposed to the various illnesses to build up their immune systems."

That's a very good point.

Antibiotics on 18:43 - Dec 10 with 1653 viewsCatullus

Antibiotics on 21:58 - Dec 8 by max936

That doesn't explain France and Spain having a shortage though?

I was in the Chemist yesterday to pick up my BP meds, there was a mother in front of me with a sick baby being tod they couldn't source Amoxycillin and ther chemists locally had the same issue apparently.

So at the same time as we have a Strep A outbreak that is killing children (even in secondary schools now) we have a shortage of antibiotics. I wonder, if an MP or MS's kid gets ill, will they have trouble getting these meds?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Antibiotics on 18:50 - Dec 10 with 1647 viewsonehunglow

Antibiotics are a con,like vaccines aren’t they .
Don’t work.
Do they ,like vaccinations don’t

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Antibiotics on 19:00 - Dec 10 with 1641 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Antibiotics on 19:08 - Dec 9 by max936

"The problem I believe, is peoples antibodies laid dormant for a few years while we all locked down. Young kids especially were not having their bodies exposed to the various illnesses to build up their immune systems."

That's a very good point.

It’s a combination of things. When I was a kid we were always out doing something almost everyday. Playing football climbing trees building dens. Used to come home covered in mud and cuts and grazes. Kids tend to stay in more these days. Probably not getting enough vitamin D and not being exposed to as much stuff as we used to.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Antibiotics on 20:03 - Dec 10 with 1628 viewsonehunglow

Antibiotics on 19:00 - Dec 10 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

It’s a combination of things. When I was a kid we were always out doing something almost everyday. Playing football climbing trees building dens. Used to come home covered in mud and cuts and grazes. Kids tend to stay in more these days. Probably not getting enough vitamin D and not being exposed to as much stuff as we used to.

Many kids can’t even swim

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Antibiotics on 20:52 - Dec 10 with 1609 viewsCleddau

My local pharmacy has been struggling to fulfil my monthly meds request on time for some months now. When I go to collect, there is usually at least one that is not ready. For years, I would put my repeat request in to my GP practice and within three days the pharmacy would have the order ready for collection but these past few months, I have been requesting them two weeks in advance to give them more time to source. I don't think it's just antibiotics there is a problem with in the supply chain.
Antibiotics on 01:58 - Dec 11 with 1574 viewsDJack

Antibiotics on 18:43 - Dec 10 by Catullus

That doesn't explain France and Spain having a shortage though?

I was in the Chemist yesterday to pick up my BP meds, there was a mother in front of me with a sick baby being tod they couldn't source Amoxycillin and ther chemists locally had the same issue apparently.

So at the same time as we have a Strep A outbreak that is killing children (even in secondary schools now) we have a shortage of antibiotics. I wonder, if an MP or MS's kid gets ill, will they have trouble getting these meds?

Take it from someone who sees the availability... there is a supply of amoxicillin. I dont know the capacity levels but I've seen wholesale shelves with stock.

So what the f**k are you talking about?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Antibiotics on 11:32 - Dec 11 with 1539 viewsCatullus

Antibiotics on 01:58 - Dec 11 by DJack

Take it from someone who sees the availability... there is a supply of amoxicillin. I dont know the capacity levels but I've seen wholesale shelves with stock.

So what the f**k are you talking about?

Really? As I posted, a mother in the Chemust was told they are in short supply. It was not merely a claim on my part but a referral to something I heard a chemist say.

Do you work for a wholesaler then?

Why get so triggered?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Antibiotics on 21:21 - Dec 11 with 1501 viewsmajorraglan

Antibiotics on 11:32 - Dec 11 by Catullus

Really? As I posted, a mother in the Chemust was told they are in short supply. It was not merely a claim on my part but a referral to something I heard a chemist say.

Do you work for a wholesaler then?

Why get so triggered?

As it happens I spoke to a dispensing pharmacist today, there is most certainly a shortage of antibiotics at the moment, there have also been shortages of other medications over the last few years including some pretty heavy duty pain killers.
Antibiotics on 22:05 - Dec 11 with 1493 viewsmax936

Antibiotics on 21:21 - Dec 11 by majorraglan

As it happens I spoke to a dispensing pharmacist today, there is most certainly a shortage of antibiotics at the moment, there have also been shortages of other medications over the last few years including some pretty heavy duty pain killers.

My lad is on regular antibiotics, for three days every fortnight every other day through one week.

Antibiotics on 22:33 - Dec 11 with 1486 viewsmajorraglan

Antibiotics on 22:05 - Dec 11 by max936

My lad is on regular antibiotics, for three days every fortnight every other day through one week.

Make sure you speak to your chemist and ensure he gets what he needs.
Antibiotics on 10:38 - Dec 12 with 1464 viewsBoundy

Antibiotics on 21:58 - Dec 8 by max936

and yet we led the world when it came to vaccines for Covid

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024