Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonne Gone 16:31 - Jan 4 with 13448 viewsToast_R

Mutual termination.

Filed that one under : meh

Clearly a League One standard player much like Connor Washington and that Wheeler chap. One of these days we'll get one right but begs the question when QPR are scouting from the division below, what are they looking at in a striker, is it all done on statistics thesedays instead of someone's keen eye for what's required?

[Post edited 4 Jan 2023 16:38]
Bonne Gone on 21:36 - Jan 4 with 2786 viewsNortholt_Rs

Bonne Gone on 21:35 - Jan 4 by danehoop

Agree to an extent - unless of course it has been made clear to the manager at the time that if you do play him it will trigger a further payment that will come from the available transfer funding. That means you wont be able to sign someone that you might want instead, so please be very sure of him if you play him. That sort of conditionality is like to make every manager adverse to playing him one suspects.

That and the fact he is dog sh1t….

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Bonne Gone on 03:03 - Jan 5 with 2436 viewsThaiHoop

Bonne Gone on 21:36 - Jan 4 by Northolt_Rs

That and the fact he is dog sh1t….

Ok, so some signings don't work out, I get that and at the time it may have worked out.

What I don't understand is why we didn't let him go in the summer. If I understand correctly we blocked his move as he wanted a bit more money and that stopped us signing someone else...if that's true then that's just crap management by all.involved.
Bonne Gone on 05:05 - Jan 5 with 2388 viewsSydneyRs

Bonne Gone on 16:49 - Jan 4 by Antti_Heinola

tbf Bonne had scored a few goals at Champ level in a struggling Charlton team, so wasn't JUST a lower league signing.
We'll find a bargain one day.

Charlton fans did however laugh at what we reportedly paid for him and didn't rate him.
Bonne Gone on 06:26 - Jan 5 with 2335 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Bonne Gone on 03:03 - Jan 5 by ThaiHoop

Ok, so some signings don't work out, I get that and at the time it may have worked out.

What I don't understand is why we didn't let him go in the summer. If I understand correctly we blocked his move as he wanted a bit more money and that stopped us signing someone else...if that's true then that's just crap management by all.involved.

This. We've effectively played half a season a striker down as we were never going to play him. Staggering incompetence.
Bonne Gone on 07:16 - Jan 5 with 2292 viewsNorthernr

Little bit more complicated than that.

We wanted to pay him up a lump sum amount on what was left on his contract, less than what we owed him, plus we'd save on the tax. That money could have been put towards loaning Jamal Lowe from Bournemouth. At the last minute (and I mean like 22.59 on deadline day) Bonne's agent realised they needed him gone to get Lowe and he had them over a barrel, so he asked for the full amount. At that point it then doesn't become worth doing, because you're not saving enough money to do the other deal anyway, you're obviously not going to get it all done in time, and the bloke's being a dick. Furthermore, Bournemouth have a late transfer of their own fall through so Lowe suddenly thinks he's got a chance of being in the 25 man squad down there and isn't as keen to move. It just all got complicated on them and they ran out of time - why football clubs always leave this sht until the last minute in the window annoys me. Plus the principal of somebody behaving like that, I'd have probably put the phone down on him as well - you want your client to sit here in the stiffs another six months over a lousy £18k, fine.
Bonne Gone on 07:42 - Jan 5 with 2229 viewsdistortR

Bonne Gone on 07:16 - Jan 5 by Northernr

We wanted to pay him up a lump sum amount on what was left on his contract, less than what we owed him, plus we'd save on the tax. That money could have been put towards loaning Jamal Lowe from Bournemouth. At the last minute (and I mean like 22.59 on deadline day) Bonne's agent realised they needed him gone to get Lowe and he had them over a barrel, so he asked for the full amount. At that point it then doesn't become worth doing, because you're not saving enough money to do the other deal anyway, you're obviously not going to get it all done in time, and the bloke's being a dick. Furthermore, Bournemouth have a late transfer of their own fall through so Lowe suddenly thinks he's got a chance of being in the 25 man squad down there and isn't as keen to move. It just all got complicated on them and they ran out of time - why football clubs always leave this sht until the last minute in the window annoys me. Plus the principal of somebody behaving like that, I'd have probably put the phone down on him as well - you want your client to sit here in the stiffs another six months over a lousy £18k, fine.

'A lousy £18k'. Sigh.
More then I earn in 6 months.
And I know what you mean, and thanks for posting that - it's good to hear what really happens. But these ungrateful bastards don't know that they're born, what they earn for being third-rate, even.
Bonne Gone on 07:45 - Jan 5 with 2220 viewsdmm

Interesting stuff, Clive. Leaves me wondering who has come out of this the worst. QPR or Bonne?

Let's hope there's a little ray of sunshine for us with Bonne's wages freed up to finance a new striker loan which must surely be on the cards now.
Bonne Gone on 07:48 - Jan 5 with 2192 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Tres Bonne.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Bonne Gone on 07:49 - Jan 5 with 2190 viewsRs_Holy

Bonne Gone on 05:05 - Jan 5 by SydneyRs

Charlton fans did however laugh at what we reportedly paid for him and didn't rate him.

I remember seeing an interview with Lee Bowyer just after we signed Bonne.... said something along the lines of "very good business for Charlton and an offer the club could not turn down." ... He looked like the cat who got the cream.
Bonne Gone on 07:50 - Jan 5 with 2181 viewsted_hendrix

Basically he's crap.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Bonne Gone on 07:53 - Jan 5 with 2175 viewsLoftgirl

Bonne Gone on 07:48 - Jan 5 by Metallica_Hoop

Tres Bonne.

One was enough.
Bonne Gone on 08:15 - Jan 5 with 2095 viewsnix

Thanks for that Clive. It's like those tossers that try and do that when you're about to exchange contracts on a house. Erm no, I'm not going to drop the price by ten thousand and I'd rather sell to someone else. Not great for the agent either as I doubt they'd be keen to deal with that particular agent again.

The principle is worth fighting for because I'm sure word gets around on those things. We used to be seen as a soft touch and rather than poor practice I actually think it's a good message to put out there. It's also enlightening as to why it's so hard to get a striker. We do everything right and then it all goes tits up for factors outside our control when it's too late to get anyone else.
Bonne Gone on 09:58 - Jan 5 with 1885 viewsterryb

Could somebody please tell me whre the "we had to offer a new contract if he played 45 games" comes from?

It seems like a strange number to have in a contract & I wondered if this was just some social media crap. Not, of course, that we have any supporters that make stuff like this up.
Bonne Gone on 09:59 - Jan 5 with 1888 viewsThaiHoop

Ah ok, fair enough, thanks for making that situation make a little more sense!
Bonne Gone on 10:19 - Jan 5 with 1828 viewsBlue_Castello

Thanks Clive that's very enlightening but not surprising, it's no shock that agents have made lives very difficult for clubs, so basically if the agent hadn't been involved the deal probably would have gone through, Bonne would have become a free agent and could have signed another deal elsewhere leaving the pay off money sitting in a Savings account for him to Invest.
Far too many people running the club down at every opportunity when it's fairly obvious we are running to a very tight budget, let's focus on the positives which do exist, the fact we've managed to do this deal and that we're supporting Critchley with the budget.
Bonne Gone on 10:23 - Jan 5 with 1812 viewsdaveB

Bonne Gone on 09:58 - Jan 5 by terryb

Could somebody please tell me whre the "we had to offer a new contract if he played 45 games" comes from?

It seems like a strange number to have in a contract & I wondered if this was just some social media crap. Not, of course, that we have any supporters that make stuff like this up.

No one knows, just something people have guessed at after the deal they gave Austin had a similar clause. Austin one likely to be different though as I imagine his wages were higher and at the stage of career he was at the club quite rightly wanted to make sure if it didn't go well they could say goodbye after a year
Bonne Gone on 10:31 - Jan 5 with 1787 viewsfrancisbowles

Bonne Gone on 07:45 - Jan 5 by dmm

Interesting stuff, Clive. Leaves me wondering who has come out of this the worst. QPR or Bonne?

Let's hope there's a little ray of sunshine for us with Bonne's wages freed up to finance a new striker loan which must surely be on the cards now.

I'm not sure what kind of striker we can get with what's left of Bonne's wages, after reaching a settlement with him.

I think it's more about getting him away from the squad, if he is not going to play anyway for whatever reason.

He is no longer our responsibility.
Bonne Gone on 10:53 - Jan 5 with 1695 viewsdmm

Bonne Gone on 10:31 - Jan 5 by francisbowles

I'm not sure what kind of striker we can get with what's left of Bonne's wages, after reaching a settlement with him.

I think it's more about getting him away from the squad, if he is not going to play anyway for whatever reason.

Yep, indeed fb. It's a bit concerning we've got one recognised striker and one rookie striker left in the squad. Roberts or Willock can play a false 9 but that's a formation that might not work on a regular basis.

We may not be able to bring in a loan striker but I feel sure we're looking hard.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2023 10:54]
Bonne Gone on 10:55 - Jan 5 with 1677 viewsNorthernr

Bonne Gone on 10:31 - Jan 5 by francisbowles

I suspect it'll be another loan if it's anything at all, which I'm sure they'll give it the big "view to a permanent" PR spin like they did in the summer to cover up the rather daft "we won't be doing loans, we want people who want to be here" previous PR spin.
Bonne Gone on 11:06 - Jan 5 with 1612 viewsTheChef

Bonne Gone on 10:55 - Jan 5 by Northernr

I suspect it'll be another loan if it's anything at all, which I'm sure they'll give it the big "view to a permanent" PR spin like they did in the summer to cover up the rather daft "we won't be doing loans, we want people who want to be here" previous PR spin.

Signing strikers and getting value on them is tough enough all year round, let alone in the January window when quality tends to be even worse. So yeah probably another loan.

Would really like to see Armstrong to get more game time though - he's not going to get experience/improve otherwise.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Bonne Gone on 11:21 - Jan 5 with 1537 viewsdaveB

Bonne Gone on 10:55 - Jan 5 by Northernr

I always think January is more of a market to fix problems rather than any long term thinking so even though it's been a bad last 10 games we are still a good week away from being back in the picture again so they might go for another Austin/Wells type experienced proven etc get us 7/8 goals in the last few months which could make the difference

Lowe at Bournemouth seems a good fit for us. Ideally you get a Cameron Archer type before they are going to cost a fortune like Preston did last year
Bonne Gone on 12:17 - Jan 5 with 1389 viewsstanistheman

That was my point exactly.

We kept him so that he can sit out games and we pay him. Great management all round.
Bonne Gone on 12:38 - Jan 5 with 1294 viewsDannyPaddox

Bonne Mammon
Bonne Gone on 13:14 - Jan 5 with 1193 viewsTheChef

Bonne Gone on 12:38 - Jan 5 by DannyPaddox

Bonne Mammon

Mmmm Danone.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Bonne Gone on 13:32 - Jan 5 with 1153 viewsDannyPaddox

Bonne Gone on 13:14 - Jan 5 by TheChef

Mmmm Danone.

Perfect post and avatar combo : )
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising