Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Balogun fans meeting minutes 22:53 - Apr 12 with 8420 viewsRangersw12

http://qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=83252

Pretty interesting meeting and I wonder if he's been promised a new contract here if he stays fit
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 17:35 - Apr 13 with 1626 viewsGloucs_R

Great post Clive. Makes the Taylor transfer look even more mental. What were the club thinking? Unless they've agreed a deal for Chair or Willock to go the other way?? Fking nuts whatever the deal is.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 17:51 - Apr 13 with 1568 viewsE15Hoop

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 17:35 - Apr 13 by Gloucs_R

Great post Clive. Makes the Taylor transfer look even more mental. What were the club thinking? Unless they've agreed a deal for Chair or Willock to go the other way?? Fking nuts whatever the deal is.

Not necessarily, although it might have been done on the basis that they thought PBBC was "nailed on" to get us promoted, given his "I'm f*cking great" demeanour.
Could be that a fully fit Taylor Richards becomes the lynchpin around which you can build a young and hungry team with maybe 3 or 4 han- picked battle-hardened old pros thrown in just to keep the young guns in line.
If Forest come back down and have to do a fire sale, there may be some bits and pieces we can pick up for £2.50 there, plus I'm sure I read that Leicester will be right in the whatsit as well, as they will have to deal with "bending the rules" back from when they originally got promoted whenever that was.
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 18:14 - Apr 13 with 1500 viewsPinnerPaul

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 09:38 - Apr 13 by SK_hoops

The penalty against Wigan, trotting along aimlessly with the ball near the box, falling over and almost giving them a goal against Preston, him and Dunne running into each other for the second Preston goal and then just jogging back, while Dunne busted a gut to try and win the ball back.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2023 11:04]

But, you could write an equally long list of calamities very similar to all those that have cost us goals from Laird, Kakay, Dunne, Dickie, Paal and Dieng!

In fact the whole team including the strikers who have missed easy chances and penalties.

Pretty obvious that no one has performed consistently well - hence the league position!
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 19:17 - Apr 13 with 1419 viewsdistortR

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 17:35 - Apr 13 by Gloucs_R

Not sure I see the point in taking the Willock option, unless he agrees to sign a longer contract.
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 19:24 - Apr 13 with 1413 viewsJamesB1979

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 13:35 - Apr 13 by Northernr

What we learned from the last set of accounts is we are, once more, carrying a wage bill in excess of what we can afford within FFP.

So, they were going to need to do yet another enormous overhaul anyway, because having spunked £28m on wages resulting in a £24m loss trying and failing to get promoted last season they've needed to reduce that this season by a good 4-5m. You've seen them try and do that by ditching Austin, Gray, Odubajo, Wallace, Barbet etc.

We're going to be operating on a vastly reduced budget next season, and that was going to be the case whether this year went well or not. So they've tried to do this season with loan players, who they know they can send back at the end of the season. Beale was well aware of this when he spoke to us back in August, that's where the '£10m shortfall' figure came from. I think this is a big part of why he was so keen to get out.

So, whether this season went well or badly, there was going to be yet another huge overhaul this summer regardless, because of the gamble they made last season. They were always going to have to put next season's team together on a wage bill closer to £16m-£18m a year as opposed to the £28m we spent last year. Whether that's youth players, lower league players, loans again, we'll wait and see. But it was always going to be yet another 13 in and 13 out summer. Perhaps they've brought Ainsworth in to do that, though I absolutely cannot wait to see them let him bring a team like that together this summer, then fire him to keep the supporters happy in October and pull their 'trendy European' lever leaving Ajax Youth Coach 3.6 talking through pattern of play with Josh Scowen.

The fact these players have been completely useless cnts for the best part of 14 months now just makes it really, really easy for us because there isn't (or really shouldn't) even a debate about whether we should maybe make an exception here, or maybe give a contract there. Get rid. Get rid of everybody and everything. I assume we've taken up Willock's option of an extra year, other than that you renew any contracts on any player who's been involved in this season I won't know whether to laugh or cry. Obviously not. Obviously not. Two wins in 25 games guys - clear your lockers on your way to getting into the fcking sea.

I'm also very much hoping the ridiculous two years Adomah got has a break clause, and we can Charlie Austin our way out of Johansen's monster three years as well.

Nobody who's been involved in this deserves to still be here next season really. If they are you'll just see exactly the same thing happen next season as it has this, and as it did last.

Balogun, for instance, coming back to the thread, who's come back and cost us a goal at Wigan, cost us a goal v Preston and could/should have cost us two others, almost cost us another at West Brom. Here's his league starts per season going back a bit...

22/23 - 14 starts for QPR
21/22 - 17 starts for Rangers
20/21 - 15 starts for Rangers
19/20 - 10 starts for Wigan (plus two in the cup for Brighton, let's give him those)
18/19 - 5 for Brighton
17/18 - 14 for Mainz
16/17 - 13 for Mainz (are we sensing a theme yet?
15/16 - 17 for Mainz
14/15 - 20 for Darmstatdt

But, yeh, it's our medical team standing behind him and world domination. Sack the physio, give him another year, I'm sure it'll be fine.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Yeah but the implication before was that some of them players, mainly Beale players, weren’t really injured, they just couldn’t be arsed to play for us. This doesn’t seem to be right at all. He’s old(ish) and injury prone but that’s not his fault. No, we shouldn’t be giving him another contract. No, he’s probably not the type of player we need. But it seems that he was genuinely injured. And that isn’t consistent with a lot of the stuff said about him and others when he wasn’t playing.
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 19:33 - Apr 13 with 1399 viewsdaveB

A lot of the injuries have been muscle injuries which stinks of players not looking after themselves and preparing for games in the right way rather than the medical team are all useless
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 20:09 - Apr 13 with 1309 viewsNorthernr

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 19:33 - Apr 13 by daveB

A lot of the injuries have been muscle injuries which stinks of players not looking after themselves and preparing for games in the right way rather than the medical team are all useless

Our half time “warm up” is incredible for a professional club.
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 20:59 - Apr 13 with 1169 viewsgigiisourgod

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 10:10 - Apr 13 by terryb

For the 100th time, this was just social media talk.

He lived in London, married a London girl & had his inlaws living close enough to carry out the baby sitting.

Plus he said that he wanted to stay & play for Queens Park Rangers, but the club wouldn't make him an offer!

His Missus is far too fit to be English
Login to get fewer ads

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 13:27 - Apr 14 with 784 viewsR_from_afar

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 16:28 - Apr 13 by terryb

Sorry R from Afar, reading it back I did seem a little aggrieved!

It was just that I've read this so many times this season & I've posted in reply (as have many others), time and again, that Barbet said that he wanted to stay, but the club wouldn't make an offer.

I certainly think he would have preferred to be playing for us rather than in the French third division.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 14:13 - Apr 14 with 681 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 20:59 - Apr 13 by gigiisourgod

His Missus is far too fit to be English

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17626581/footballers-valentines-day-stars-wags/

From Bordeaux apparently.

Also, Jamal Lowe's tale is sweet.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2023 14:14]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024