Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Balogun fans meeting minutes 22:53 - Apr 12 with 8419 viewsRangersw12

http://qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=83252

Pretty interesting meeting and I wonder if he's been promised a new contract here if he stays fit
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 11:47 - Apr 13 with 2039 viewsThird_Division_South

One of the most interesting points to come out of this for me is the implied criticism of our medical team. With Balogun being misdiagnosed seeking his own treatment and what GA said it seems like this is another area where there’ll be big changes in the summer.
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 11:48 - Apr 13 with 2037 viewsNorthernr

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 11:47 - Apr 13 by Third_Division_South

One of the most interesting points to come out of this for me is the implied criticism of our medical team. With Balogun being misdiagnosed seeking his own treatment and what GA said it seems like this is another area where there’ll be big changes in the summer.

Or they're going to chuck some low paid members of staff under the bus to cover up and provide excuses for their own shortcomings?
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 11:51 - Apr 13 with 2026 viewsThird_Division_South

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 11:48 - Apr 13 by Northernr

Or they're going to chuck some low paid members of staff under the bus to cover up and provide excuses for their own shortcomings?

Hopefully not, but with our injury record and the number of employees we have at the club this is an area of the club that shouldn’t escape scrutiny.
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 11:55 - Apr 13 with 2004 viewsrobith

Made my head hurt reading that. Just goes round in circles, because the central conflict isn't going to be resolved with talk. I can understand why he'd want to talk to fans but ultimately the players' performances have been unacceptable for a while now. And the way to put that right is to play better.

The only scenario I could countenance him being here next season is if he played for free, and even then I'd accept it under duress
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 12:13 - Apr 13 with 1932 viewsmonners1969

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 07:43 - Apr 13 by Northernr

We had three 34 year olds starting for us on Monday.

There's some proper insane stuff going round at the moment. We've drawn one game at West Brom. Two wins in 25 now. 33 defeats in the last 63 games. And we're talking contract renewals. Mind blowing.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Its interesting Clive, because we have 13 (including loans in and out) out of contract in Summer. I cant imagine for one minute we will sign 13 new players so there will have to be some extensions or renewals?

The question is who? and how many....? given the tightening of purse strings needed, does it make sense for more renewals than incomings (less agent fees?)

If we are still in Champ come May then Ainsworth is going to be facing his most difficult close season by a mile
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 12:15 - Apr 13 with 1928 viewsdenhamhoop2

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 11:38 - Apr 13 by PhilmyRs

You mean giving a penalty away after being out for around 3 months and unsurprisingly being very rusty. I don’t find this something to get too worked up about. How about a quick look at our record with and without him before the injury?

Stoke away, we drew 0-0, kept a clean sheet, decent performance
Won 2-0 away at Millwall, another cleansheet.
Lost 1 nil at Stoke, stoke missed a pen (Balogun wasn’t playing).
Lost 2 nill at Birmingham.
Beat Wigan 2-1 (Balgoun scored)
Beat Cardiff 3-0.
Lost away at Luton 3-1 (no Balagun).
Beat Reading 2-1
Beat Sheff Utd away 1-0
Beat Bristol City away 2-1,
Lost to Coventry 2-0 (Balgun wasn’t playing)
Lost to Huddesfield 2-1
Lost to West Brom 1-0
Drew away with Norwich 0-0

So of those 14 games, we lost 6 and in half of those games there was NO Balogun). Every cleansheet and every win during that period we had Balogun as centre back. We know how things have been during the period of him being out. This is my reason for saying we’re a better team with him in, the stats seem to back it up. Compare his performances to Rob Dickie and it’s night and day. But NO, I wouldn't waste money signing him on a new contract but it's clear we are better with him in the team.

Being the pedant I am Balogun did actually start at Luton away at Right back and went off after 14 minutes
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 12:20 - Apr 13 with 1900 viewsPhilmyRs

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 12:15 - Apr 13 by denhamhoop2

Being the pedant I am Balogun did actually start at Luton away at Right back and went off after 14 minutes

And you are of course correct, just remembered that one but when he left the field it was 0-0 so still supports the argument of us being better with him in the team.
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 13:35 - Apr 13 with 1721 viewsNorthernr

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 12:13 - Apr 13 by monners1969

Its interesting Clive, because we have 13 (including loans in and out) out of contract in Summer. I cant imagine for one minute we will sign 13 new players so there will have to be some extensions or renewals?

The question is who? and how many....? given the tightening of purse strings needed, does it make sense for more renewals than incomings (less agent fees?)

If we are still in Champ come May then Ainsworth is going to be facing his most difficult close season by a mile

What we learned from the last set of accounts is we are, once more, carrying a wage bill in excess of what we can afford within FFP.

So, they were going to need to do yet another enormous overhaul anyway, because having spunked £28m on wages resulting in a £24m loss trying and failing to get promoted last season they've needed to reduce that this season by a good 4-5m. You've seen them try and do that by ditching Austin, Gray, Odubajo, Wallace, Barbet etc.

We're going to be operating on a vastly reduced budget next season, and that was going to be the case whether this year went well or not. So they've tried to do this season with loan players, who they know they can send back at the end of the season. Beale was well aware of this when he spoke to us back in August, that's where the '£10m shortfall' figure came from. I think this is a big part of why he was so keen to get out.

So, whether this season went well or badly, there was going to be yet another huge overhaul this summer regardless, because of the gamble they made last season. They were always going to have to put next season's team together on a wage bill closer to £16m-£18m a year as opposed to the £28m we spent last year. Whether that's youth players, lower league players, loans again, we'll wait and see. But it was always going to be yet another 13 in and 13 out summer. Perhaps they've brought Ainsworth in to do that, though I absolutely cannot wait to see them let him bring a team like that together this summer, then fire him to keep the supporters happy in October and pull their 'trendy European' lever leaving Ajax Youth Coach 3.6 talking through pattern of play with Josh Scowen.

The fact these players have been completely useless cnts for the best part of 14 months now just makes it really, really easy for us because there isn't (or really shouldn't) even a debate about whether we should maybe make an exception here, or maybe give a contract there. Get rid. Get rid of everybody and everything. I assume we've taken up Willock's option of an extra year, other than that you renew any contracts on any player who's been involved in this season I won't know whether to laugh or cry. Obviously not. Obviously not. Two wins in 25 games guys - clear your lockers on your way to getting into the fcking sea.

I'm also very much hoping the ridiculous two years Adomah got has a break clause, and we can Charlie Austin our way out of Johansen's monster three years as well.

Nobody who's been involved in this deserves to still be here next season really. If they are you'll just see exactly the same thing happen next season as it has this, and as it did last.

Balogun, for instance, coming back to the thread, who's come back and cost us a goal at Wigan, cost us a goal v Preston and could/should have cost us two others, almost cost us another at West Brom. Here's his league starts per season going back a bit...

22/23 - 14 starts for QPR
21/22 - 17 starts for Rangers
20/21 - 15 starts for Rangers
19/20 - 10 starts for Wigan (plus two in the cup for Brighton, let's give him those)
18/19 - 5 for Brighton
17/18 - 14 for Mainz
16/17 - 13 for Mainz (are we sensing a theme yet?
15/16 - 17 for Mainz
14/15 - 20 for Darmstatdt

But, yeh, it's our medical team standing behind him and world domination. Sack the physio, give him another year, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Login to get fewer ads

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 13:38 - Apr 13 with 1706 viewsR_from_afar

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 10:10 - Apr 13 by terryb

For the 100th time, this was just social media talk.

He lived in London, married a London girl & had his inlaws living close enough to carry out the baby sitting.

Plus he said that he wanted to stay & play for Queens Park Rangers, but the club wouldn't make him an offer!

Ouch! Well that's me told, then :(

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 13:59 - Apr 13 with 1635 viewsSuperhoop83

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 13:35 - Apr 13 by Northernr

What we learned from the last set of accounts is we are, once more, carrying a wage bill in excess of what we can afford within FFP.

So, they were going to need to do yet another enormous overhaul anyway, because having spunked £28m on wages resulting in a £24m loss trying and failing to get promoted last season they've needed to reduce that this season by a good 4-5m. You've seen them try and do that by ditching Austin, Gray, Odubajo, Wallace, Barbet etc.

We're going to be operating on a vastly reduced budget next season, and that was going to be the case whether this year went well or not. So they've tried to do this season with loan players, who they know they can send back at the end of the season. Beale was well aware of this when he spoke to us back in August, that's where the '£10m shortfall' figure came from. I think this is a big part of why he was so keen to get out.

So, whether this season went well or badly, there was going to be yet another huge overhaul this summer regardless, because of the gamble they made last season. They were always going to have to put next season's team together on a wage bill closer to £16m-£18m a year as opposed to the £28m we spent last year. Whether that's youth players, lower league players, loans again, we'll wait and see. But it was always going to be yet another 13 in and 13 out summer. Perhaps they've brought Ainsworth in to do that, though I absolutely cannot wait to see them let him bring a team like that together this summer, then fire him to keep the supporters happy in October and pull their 'trendy European' lever leaving Ajax Youth Coach 3.6 talking through pattern of play with Josh Scowen.

The fact these players have been completely useless cnts for the best part of 14 months now just makes it really, really easy for us because there isn't (or really shouldn't) even a debate about whether we should maybe make an exception here, or maybe give a contract there. Get rid. Get rid of everybody and everything. I assume we've taken up Willock's option of an extra year, other than that you renew any contracts on any player who's been involved in this season I won't know whether to laugh or cry. Obviously not. Obviously not. Two wins in 25 games guys - clear your lockers on your way to getting into the fcking sea.

I'm also very much hoping the ridiculous two years Adomah got has a break clause, and we can Charlie Austin our way out of Johansen's monster three years as well.

Nobody who's been involved in this deserves to still be here next season really. If they are you'll just see exactly the same thing happen next season as it has this, and as it did last.

Balogun, for instance, coming back to the thread, who's come back and cost us a goal at Wigan, cost us a goal v Preston and could/should have cost us two others, almost cost us another at West Brom. Here's his league starts per season going back a bit...

19/20 - 10 starts for Wigan (plus two in the cup for Brighton, let's give him those)
18/19 - 5 for Brighton
17/18 - 14 for Mainz
15/16 - 17 for Mainz

But, yeh, it's our medical team standing behind him and world domination. Sack the physio, give him another year, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Suffering since 1978.

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 14:09 - Apr 13 with 1561 viewsWegerles_Stairs

18/19 - 5 for Brighton
17/18 - 14 for Mainz
15/16 - 17 for Mainz

Oh my, his stats. I hadn't realised he'd played so little for nearly a decade. Wow.
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 14:11 - Apr 13 with 1563 viewscolinallcars

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 10:10 - Apr 13 by terryb

For the 100th time, this was just social media talk.

He lived in London, married a London girl & had his inlaws living close enough to carry out the baby sitting.

Plus he said that he wanted to stay & play for Queens Park Rangers, but the club wouldn't make him an offer!

Why would anyone want to move from the UK to France ?
Well, apart from the food, railways, roads, architecture, countryside, economy, shops.
But apart from that…..
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 14:52 - Apr 13 with 1457 viewsgolborne

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 11:38 - Apr 13 by PhilmyRs

You mean giving a penalty away after being out for around 3 months and unsurprisingly being very rusty. I don’t find this something to get too worked up about. How about a quick look at our record with and without him before the injury?

Stoke away, we drew 0-0, kept a clean sheet, decent performance
Won 2-0 away at Millwall, another cleansheet.
Lost 1 nil at Stoke, stoke missed a pen (Balogun wasn’t playing).
Lost 2 nill at Birmingham.
Beat Wigan 2-1 (Balgoun scored)
Beat Cardiff 3-0.
Lost away at Luton 3-1 (no Balagun).
Beat Reading 2-1
Beat Sheff Utd away 1-0
Beat Bristol City away 2-1,
Lost to Coventry 2-0 (Balgun wasn’t playing)
Lost to Huddesfield 2-1
Lost to West Brom 1-0
Drew away with Norwich 0-0

So of those 14 games, we lost 6 and in half of those games there was NO Balogun). Every cleansheet and every win during that period we had Balogun as centre back. We know how things have been during the period of him being out. This is my reason for saying we’re a better team with him in, the stats seem to back it up. Compare his performances to Rob Dickie and it’s night and day. But NO, I wouldn't waste money signing him on a new contract but it's clear we are better with him in the team.

and we were pony under Beale before he arrived. shamefully, the writing was hitting the wall for me with Beale after those first 5 games. Then Balugon arrived, along with the return in form of Willock to save his bacon.
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 14:53 - Apr 13 with 1459 viewsDavieQPR

The club wouldn't make him an offer he wanted.
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 14:57 - Apr 13 with 1441 viewsLoyalitat

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 14:11 - Apr 13 by colinallcars

Why would anyone want to move from the UK to France ?
Well, apart from the food, railways, roads, architecture, countryside, economy, shops.
But apart from that…..

No shortages/rationing of fresh produce lines at supermarkets. Mutual free movement within 30 countries. Not restricted to the 90 days' ruling. Freedom to work and travel across Europe.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2023 9:36]
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 15:09 - Apr 13 with 1393 viewstoboboly

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 15:09 - Apr 13 with 1389 viewspaulparker

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 07:43 - Apr 13 by Northernr

We had three 34 year olds starting for us on Monday.

There's some proper insane stuff going round at the moment. We've drawn one game at West Brom. Two wins in 25 now. 33 defeats in the last 63 games. And we're talking contract renewals. Mind blowing.

Spot on North

Let’s get stay up FFS !!! and then look at who we keep
Personally I would get rid of him at the end of the season with a number of others
This club needs a major shake up and doesn’t need anymore injury prone has beens

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 15:24 - Apr 13 with 1360 viewskensalriser

18/19 - 5 for Brighton
17/18 - 14 for Mainz
15/16 - 17 for Mainz

Similar sort of thing when we signed Johnson and Zamora. Incredibly to no-one that wasn't responsible for signing them, their appearances and goals continued on the same low flying trajectory.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 15:34 - Apr 13 with 1335 viewsLazyFan

Kakay should be given a new contract.

He is cheap, loves the club, and will run all day, was improving before his injury, never shirks his job, international (played 10 times now).

For QPR this season he has played 23 times and was available a further 14 times as an unused sub. So, was available for 37 matches in total.
Only 2 of those were cup games as we get knocked out all the time.

No need for many loans, we only need 1-2 loans and then play the young uns.

zzzzzzzzzz

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 15:38 - Apr 13 with 1327 viewsmonners1969

18/19 - 5 for Brighton
17/18 - 14 for Mainz
15/16 - 17 for Mainz

I think I set you up for that sorry bud

I've been lucky that coaching reqs have stifled me to 4 trips this season - The catholic in me feels like I should do some penance featuring nipple clamps and wiring.

Last year's project failed and has left the gaping whole youve talked about.

the 13 in and 13 out is such an indictment on the club its unreal. Our over reliance on Loans is killing the club imo. Its got in the way of finding out whether some of our "own players" can make it or not. Masterton, Shodipo, Oteh, Smyth, Owens - some of whom are on there 4th or 5th iteration of contract but still only 30-40 games for the Rs under their belt. We need to adopt a 2 contract cycle with players, scout and COACH professionally, get them to 40-60 odd appearances then you'll know if they make the next contract cycle. Stop the pissballing around with people like Travelman.

Its killing the club (and the player's development)

As you say, GA has been brought in to oversee the next overhaul and whilst I think hes a good coach of younger players - some of the quotes in that Balogun dialogue set off alarm bells with me around senior player management (not that he'll have many next season)

23/24 isnt going to improve your mood I dont think - on the plus side I have invested in Peroni shares
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 16:28 - Apr 13 with 1182 viewsterryb

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 13:38 - Apr 13 by R_from_afar

Ouch! Well that's me told, then :(

Sorry R from Afar, reading it back I did seem a little aggrieved!

It was just that I've read this so many times this season & I've posted in reply (as have many others), time and again, that Barbet said that he wanted to stay, but the club wouldn't make an offer.

I certainly think he would have preferred to be playing for us rather than in the French third division.
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 16:36 - Apr 13 with 1160 viewsTacticalR

OK, I didn't have the time to read through it earlier.

Having read through it now, the fans' advice to Balogun is pretty sensible. If it's a defeat then applaud the fans, preferably with the whole team, but don't try and get into a discussion with fans just after a game when emotions are raw. Balogun seems pretty naive if he doesn't get this.

Air hostess clique

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 16:57 - Apr 13 with 1127 viewsThird_Division_South

18/19 - 5 for Brighton
17/18 - 14 for Mainz
15/16 - 17 for Mainz

If I’ve read the wage cap rules for div 1 right, should we go down this would influence who we retain. If I’m right, players who are on a 3 year contract signed before September of the season do not count towards the 60% of turnover wage cap, so would be more likely to be retained. Not sure who this applies to though.
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 17:01 - Apr 13 with 1122 viewsNorthernr

Balogun fans meeting minutes on 16:57 - Apr 13 by Third_Division_South

If I’ve read the wage cap rules for div 1 right, should we go down this would influence who we retain. If I’m right, players who are on a 3 year contract signed before September of the season do not count towards the 60% of turnover wage cap, so would be more likely to be retained. Not sure who this applies to though.

The rules the division below are actually more in our favour than they are in the Championship, because although you can only spend 60% of your revenue (bad) the owners can put as much as they like on top of that as long as they convert it to equity and dodn't burden the club with debt, which is what ours do anyway.

But as Dave Mc says, it's imperative we take advantage of that to build the sort of team Ipswich and Sunderland did, with young players with the capability of going into the upper end of the Championship and beyond. Not, under any circumstances, but together a clogging league One team to try and scrape us a promotion only to land us back in the Championship requiring another huge summer reset within the FFP rules.
Balogun fans meeting minutes on 17:13 - Apr 13 with 1063 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Reading that was like being on a merry go round, I want to get off!

Why are we still hearing about how young this team is?

Rob Dickie 27, 298 appearances, but unable to communicate.
Jimmy Dunne 25, 170 appearances.
Senny Dieng 28, 186

Not exactly 18 year olds, but they keep trotting it out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024