Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Play Off Thread 19:08 - Apr 29 with 33961 viewsToast_R

Might as well take an interest, its actually more interesting this season then previous ones with the emergence of Luton, Coventry and Millwall having a go. No Norwich or any of the other Yo-Yo clubs as yet.
Hoping West Brom don't sneak in as I'm rather looking forward to them going into a financial mess.

Like to see Coventry go up. Unpopular opinion I know but also think it would be good for football if Luton win the ultimate prize and get in the big time with their hammer and nails stadium.
The Play Off Thread on 20:22 - May 12 with 2914 viewsNorthernr

I’d have saved that.
The Play Off Thread on 20:28 - May 12 with 2876 viewsLoyalitat

Both sides playing from the back, defenders providing options for the goalkeeper, options available for the player in possession of the ball, playing through the thirds, whilst still working hard off the ball and covering the obligatory miles.

Whichever team is promoted, playing with this intent and manner will increase their prospects of staying in the Championship. Barnsley and Bolton also play in a similar manner to these two teams.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 9:14]
The Play Off Thread on 20:41 - May 12 with 2810 viewsaston_hoop

Surely not Wednesday bottling it again

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Play Off Thread on 20:58 - May 12 with 2749 viewsDieByYourSide

Take Duke-McKenna & Drewe's contracts off the table and use the money to get Peterborough's scouts in. Consistently unearthing diamonds.

Poll: And it's hi ho

The Play Off Thread on 21:11 - May 12 with 2711 viewsMick_S

Game over.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The Play Off Thread on 21:44 - May 12 with 2643 viewsNorthernr

Goodness
The Play Off Thread on 21:47 - May 12 with 2627 viewsactonman

29 goals for Clarke Harris this season ?? An actual dykes type big awkward tattoo bearing bstard but can score goals
[Post edited 12 May 2023 21:49]
The Play Off Thread on 21:54 - May 12 with 2596 viewsNorthernr

A back three with immobile wing backs against Peterborough. It’ll work one day…
Login to get fewer ads

The Play Off Thread on 21:54 - May 12 with 2592 viewsloftboy

Got to be a gutter hasn’t it 96 points and not going to even get to Wembley.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The Play Off Thread on 21:56 - May 12 with 2583 viewsaston_hoop

That Ephron Mason-Clark is a good player. Always looks good on the highlights but certainly has something. Will go to someone with money in the Championship in the summer for sure

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Play Off Thread on 22:16 - May 12 with 2507 viewsBoston

The Play Off Thread on 21:11 - May 12 by Mick_S

Game over.

I think you're right.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Play Off Thread on 23:19 - May 12 with 2404 viewsbosh67

I was kind of hooping it would be Wednesday coming up as we seem to get beat by the Posh every time... obviously everyone else as well.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Play Off Thread on 23:58 - May 12 with 2358 viewsKonk

The Play Off Thread on 20:58 - May 12 by DieByYourSide

Take Duke-McKenna & Drewe's contracts off the table and use the money to get Peterborough's scouts in. Consistently unearthing diamonds.

I watched a lot of Barnet as a kid cos they were easy to get to from home. Barry Fry has always had a brilliant eye for talent - especially forwards. I know he has a reputation as being a wide boy but I genuinely reckon he’d be a really great chief scout for a club of Fulham or Rangers size.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

The Play Off Thread on 08:52 - May 13 with 2122 viewsLoyalitat

The Play Off Thread on 21:47 - May 12 by actonman

29 goals for Clarke Harris this season ?? An actual dykes type big awkward tattoo bearing bstard but can score goals
[Post edited 12 May 2023 21:49]

Totally agree. Surprised he remained there this season. He scored 12 goals for relegated Peterborough and actually uses his physical strength to make life very difficult for defenders.

The lad at Blackpool, Jerry Yates, scored an impressive 14 league goals. I'm sure that he will be playing in the Championship next season.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 9:10]
The Play Off Thread on 10:22 - May 13 with 2028 viewsWatford_Ranger

The Play Off Thread on 23:58 - May 12 by Konk

I watched a lot of Barnet as a kid cos they were easy to get to from home. Barry Fry has always had a brilliant eye for talent - especially forwards. I know he has a reputation as being a wide boy but I genuinely reckon he’d be a really great chief scout for a club of Fulham or Rangers size.

I love that clip of him negotiating with some random striker’s agent and agreeing a five figure bonus if he got 30 goals. He ended up on about five.

Sold to the fat bastard in the blue blazer.

Clarke-Harris has a good record in L1 but hasn’t really done it in this league albeit in poor teams and he’s 29 soon. If he’s cheap, which he won’t be, we could do a lot worse and probably will.
The Play Off Thread on 10:51 - May 13 with 1985 viewsWatford_Ranger

Fancy Sunderland today with a full house getting tanked up all day and fit, young team. Two teams punching above their weight.

Much as we dislike Luton and it’s a ‘unique’ away day, it would be a great story to see them in the Prem and a bit of a two fingers up to the Football League
The Play Off Thread on 13:02 - May 13 with 1889 viewsToast_R

Gonna slide this one in here...

Bamford just relegated Leeds with that dreadful penalty.
The Play Off Thread on 15:19 - May 13 with 1800 viewsBoston

The Play Off Thread on 13:02 - May 13 by Toast_R

Gonna slide this one in here...

Bamford just relegated Leeds with that dreadful penalty.

No European Cups next year then, sigh...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Play Off Thread on 15:59 - May 13 with 1759 viewsqueensparker

Watching the non League play off final Chesterfield against Notts County.

Quality of football is better than I saw down Rangers this year, in all seriousness. A good game
The Play Off Thread on 16:00 - May 13 with 1756 viewstraininvain

More quality on display in the national league playoff final than I’ve seen us produce in months. Both teams looking to play with the ball on the deck and get numbers forward to attack.

I’m not entirely convinced that we’d beat either of them!
The Play Off Thread on 16:43 - May 13 with 1701 viewsNorthernr

Sitting here thinking how good the Bolton goalkeeper looks. Look him up… on loan from Man City
The Play Off Thread on 17:20 - May 13 with 1653 viewstraininvain

The Play Off Thread on 16:43 - May 13 by Northernr

Sitting here thinking how good the Bolton goalkeeper looks. Look him up… on loan from Man City

Meanwhile the goalkeeping in the national league playoff final is real amateur hour stuff.
The Play Off Thread on 17:28 - May 13 with 1627 viewsSnipper

I actually cheered when Notts County equalised.

Didn’t realise John Bostock was playing at that level.
The Play Off Thread on 17:47 - May 13 with 1594 viewsNorthantsHoop

Like to see Luton go up, they have really built a good platform to progress since coming back from outside the EFL, after their nightmare years. They seem to find players at all levels we just don't seem capable of finding.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 17:50]
The Play Off Thread on 18:03 - May 13 with 1539 viewsLanhoop

National league final is like watching slow motion. They are all out on their feet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024