Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich Reflections. 17:52 - Feb 10 with 9400 viewsbluenwhite10

A really good entertaining game at HQ today v Norwich and probably in fairness a fair result and at the end of season we will see if it is a good point or not. The starting 11 and the bench for QPR was the strongest for us I have seen in a long time except for Field with the Transfer Window looking good for us with Hayden, Frey, Hodge, Anderson looking upgrades for Dozzell and Duke- McKenna although it will be interesting to see if Anderson, Frey can cope with the pace of the championship. The Colback finish to put us 1-0 was a good finish from a good break from Chair who seemed to go into traffic to find Willock instead of going the other way where the overload was on but it worked out alright. The Norwich equaliser and I guess Marti has got to stop believing his own words and understand we are struggling to defend corners come from a well worked Norwich corner which was a kick in the teeth to conceed. The goal to put Norwich was from a quality cross which made it easy to finish for Sargent. At 2-1 I could not see anything other than a Norwich win a couple of strange subs I could not get my head around taking Armstrong off when we where 2-1 as I think we needed a focal point of 2 and we was losing the threat of his pace. The goal to make it 2-2 came from a good ball in from Anderson and I am could be being unfair in saying did he mean it from Frey who I think could be a useful impact player. At 2-2 with Norwich having a lot possession without really creating anything but still being a threat due to them having a lot of the ball I could not understand the call to hook Hayden for Dykes as u thought it would expose us a bit. I thought a Willock, Smyth swap earlier in the 2nd half would of been a smart move. Ashley Barnes played the ref well today and is the sort of player you want on your side but when he is opposing side he is one of the things that is wrong with the modern game. The ref had a mad 10 mins at the Norwich try the break the record of free kicks given to one side. Lots of final thoughts even though they had lots of the ball we did not let them create much resulting in saves from Bergovic, the midfield is going to look stronger and more Physical with an axis of Hayden, Field and Colback , you can’t 90 mins out of Willlock and Rangers come back like Huddersfield when we thought they where dead showing some never give up attitude, more options on the bench. A special mention to the Norwich 23 Kenny McLean who I thought run the game today and we struggled to get near and stop him from dictating play. Some good performances today but my MOM was Jack Colback . Up the R’s
Norwich Reflections. on 21:14 - Feb 10 with 3154 viewsBoston

Norwich Reflections. on 20:56 - Feb 10 by nix

Thanks for this.

It’s interesting the rate at which we’re gaining on those around us in the last four matches:

8 points over Stoke
7 points over Rotherham and Millwall
5 points over Swansea
4 points over Sheffield Wednesday, Blackburn and Birmingham
3 points over Bristol City and Huddersfield.

They won’t all do as badly as some of them have been doing and we’re not likely to be quite so successful either but at least now there’s some hope. AND we’re scoring some goals now!

This is the month to do it, March looks tough on paper.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Norwich Reflections. on 21:46 - Feb 10 with 3054 viewsderbyhoop

Norwich Reflections. on 19:50 - Feb 10 by nix

It was weird as he was more even in the first half apart from a few he gave them in and around our box that looked like nothing challenges but after we equalised it was indeed farcical.

Marti seemed to think their second was offside. Any views?

I thought they had 2 players in offside positions for the first. Arguable whether they put anybody off.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Norwich Reflections. on 23:03 - Feb 10 with 2876 viewsdannyblue

I was very frustrated with their first. 23 was totally unmarked and unblocked in at least two corners in the first half. That should have been sorted in the game and definitely at half time. It wasn’t. And he was the one to score.

Overall, before the subs, I was pleased with the movement and angles of the midfield. So much better.
Norwich Reflections. on 23:04 - Feb 10 with 2869 viewsrsocks

We still didn’t win at home regardless.
Norwich Reflections. on 23:25 - Feb 10 with 2777 viewsRangersw12

Norwich Reflections. on 23:04 - Feb 10 by rsocks

We still didn’t win at home regardless.

We still didn't lose at home regardless.......
Norwich Reflections. on 23:38 - Feb 10 with 2734 viewsTrom

A massive point as it gives us the possibility to escape the drop zone with just 1 win.
Norwich Reflections. on 00:07 - Feb 11 with 2645 viewsT_Block

Totally agree.Previous post is unrealistic improvement takes time.4 games unbeaten and two wins . Emergence of Armstrong ,Cook playing consecutive games ,new loaners,all encouraging.Keep this up and survival is assured.
After the start the start to the season we should all be pleased .Marti is doing well.Even a month ago we would have lost this game.Norwich were very good.Only the top 2/3 will take points off them in the next 15 games.
Norwich Reflections. on 09:29 - Feb 11 with 2371 viewsslmrstid

I actually felt exhausted just watching that game yesterday.

I thought we looked an infinitely better side with the new players in it. I just fear we're running out of games. We've got 8 points from the last 4 just to catch up and are still in the bottom 3.

Here's hoping we can crawl, and stay, above that line.
Login to get fewer ads

Norwich Reflections. on 10:05 - Feb 11 with 2278 viewsTomS

Norwich Reflections. on 09:29 - Feb 11 by slmrstid

I thought we looked an infinitely better side with the new players in it. I just fear we're running out of games. We've got 8 points from the last 4 just to catch up and are still in the bottom 3.

It was nerve-wracking following the ebb and flow of scorelines during the second half yesterday. All was sweetness and light as we started the second half with a 1-0 advantage. Then we went behind and Huddersfield were leading against Southampton. That would have put 6 points between us!

That moment in time was horrible, as it highlighted how precarious our current predicament is, despite our recent form. It bought back recent memories of how I felt when we went 1-0 down to Huddersfield. The threat of relegation is very real, despite the feel good factor around the place.
[Post edited 11 Feb 12:35]
Norwich Reflections. on 10:07 - Feb 11 with 2262 viewskensalriser

We do need to win more games and it's frustrating we haven't got out of the bottom three yet. But there is still nearly a third of the season left.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Norwich Reflections. on 10:08 - Feb 11 with 2261 viewsrobith

Yesterday was the first time this season I felt like I was watching a team that could stay up
Norwich Reflections. on 12:00 - Feb 11 with 2069 viewsSpaceman_P

Norwich Reflections. on 10:05 - Feb 11 by TomS

It was nerve-wracking following the ebb and flow of scorelines during the second half yesterday. All was sweetness and light as we started the second half with a 1-0 advantage. Then we went behind and Huddersfield were leading against Southampton. That would have put 6 points between us!

That moment in time was horrible, as it highlighted how precarious our current predicament is, despite our recent form. It bought back recent memories of how I felt when we went 1-0 down to Huddersfield. The threat of relegation is very real, despite the feel good factor around the place.
[Post edited 11 Feb 12:35]

I too feel this way.

Just too much damage done during the Beale/Critchley and especially for this season Ainsworth eras.

The hiring of Ainsworth will be the ruin of us this season. I like the bloke by the way, but he screwed us this year. If we stay up of course everyone will forget and be super happy, but we are running out of games.

And we all know how we are when playing teams around us.

We sadly are bottle jobs. I'm positive but there is a lot of clenching
Norwich Reflections. on 12:32 - Feb 11 with 1956 viewslassel

Biggest takeaway from yesterday was that right after their second goal Clarke-Salter immediately started limping and looking to the bench to save him from his latest career ending injury. They told him to fck off and get on with it and rather than sit down and force the issue, he got on with it and quickly stopped limping.

Clearly the level of respect for Marti is leagues above what Ainsworth ever had and gives us just an outside chance of surviving.
Norwich Reflections. on 12:36 - Feb 11 with 1952 viewsmart_Goblin

Saw the game quite differently to some aspects of the original post.

The 2 subs you complained we about were forced. That weren’t a choice .
Armstrong despite having a very good first half do it for longer than an hour and that’s being kind. He has to start as it forces the opposition back and gives us space to play in but even after half time yesterday he was spent. Could barely break into a sprint, like the half time break stops his momentum and he can’t get it going again. Hayden clearly had an issue hence him getting treatment 2 mins before . Hopefully it’s just fatigue .
But the earlier subs worked. We were 2-1 down and losing a foothold .

The best player on the pitch by a mile was Hayden. Was a touch of class I thought and very important to us now.
Norwich Reflections. on 12:45 - Feb 11 with 1915 viewsdmm

Hayden was very good yesterday but I'd be cautious in starting him v Stoke. He'll still be coming back to full fitness and he has had knee injury issues in recent seasons. To ensure he plays against Brizzle next Saturday, who are a better team than Stoke, I think Field should start in his place on Wednesday.
Norwich Reflections. on 14:20 - Feb 11 with 1781 viewsMick_S

Norwich Reflections. on 12:32 - Feb 11 by lassel

Biggest takeaway from yesterday was that right after their second goal Clarke-Salter immediately started limping and looking to the bench to save him from his latest career ending injury. They told him to fck off and get on with it and rather than sit down and force the issue, he got on with it and quickly stopped limping.

Clearly the level of respect for Marti is leagues above what Ainsworth ever had and gives us just an outside chance of surviving.

Blimus!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Norwich Reflections. on 14:53 - Feb 11 with 1707 viewskensalriser

Norwich Reflections. on 12:00 - Feb 11 by Spaceman_P

I too feel this way.

Just too much damage done during the Beale/Critchley and especially for this season Ainsworth eras.

The hiring of Ainsworth will be the ruin of us this season. I like the bloke by the way, but he screwed us this year. If we stay up of course everyone will forget and be super happy, but we are running out of games.

And we all know how we are when playing teams around us.

We sadly are bottle jobs. I'm positive but there is a lot of clenching

How are we when we play the teams around us?

Last three efforts we’ve beaten Blackburn and Millwall and drawn with Huddersfield.

Norwich Reflections. on 15:16 - Feb 11 with 1638 viewsLazyFan

We are unlucky in that Huddersfield are actually a decent side. It's been a spate of nasty injuries that resulted in them losing many games and drawing too many (13 joint highest). Darren Moore was harshly sacked as his new signings and players returning would mean Huddersfield would rise away from us as they have been. So, it's unusual that they were down there.

We have been lucky in other ways, with the last-minute goal against Hudders and injured players now staying fit. This has kept us close to them, and now the others are being drawn in by us and Hudders.

Huddersfield won't go down, Blackburn will escape now they have Eustace, Swansea and Plymouth will have enough. This leaves us with Millwall, Stoke and if too much damage was done before Mowbray arrived, then Brum as well.

That's three teams we can catch and overtake. The Stoke game this week is massive for us. We need to win this game.

zzzzzzzzzz

Norwich Reflections. on 16:04 - Feb 11 with 1537 viewsSpaceman_P

Norwich Reflections. on 14:53 - Feb 11 by kensalriser

How are we when we play the teams around us?

Last three efforts we’ve beaten Blackburn and Millwall and drawn with Huddersfield.

we're usually shockingly shite mate and you know it.

behold Rotherham and Sheff Wednesday!!
Norwich Reflections. on 16:41 - Feb 11 with 1447 viewsBurnleyhoop

Still in the bottom 3, but have closed the gap on teams above Huddersfield. No longer 3 from four, it’s looking more like 3 from 6.

We’re hunting the pack down and they’re looking over their shoulders.
Norwich Reflections. on 18:53 - Feb 11 with 1255 viewskensalriser

There's only one team that looks as though they're down and that's Rotherham. The others could be any two from the bottom 10, or more likely, bottom 7.

Norwich Reflections. on 18:57 - Feb 11 with 1235 viewsthemodfather

thought we played well, noriwch were organised, quick to close down and we never gave up, the team and new guys all did their bit. we are 4 unbeaten and hopefully one win to get out that bottom 3 and then the grey skies lift and we can move towards the 50 pts
Norwich Reflections. on 19:01 - Feb 11 with 1211 viewsHastings_Hoops

I am confident that we’ll stay up given the improvement when Cifuentes took over, which brought a noticeable improvement with limited resource. His signings have brought better resources for him to manage now, so the uptick will continue.

A third of our players are grafters with limited talent, a third are older players with limited appetite (talented players with a decision to make as to whether they can be bothered or not) and a third are talented with a poor attitude. It seems that the addition of the new players in Jan May have tipped the balance for our talented 2/3 of the squad to make a go of it.

I think we’ll avoid relegation just in time to go to Coventry with no pressure… just

We’ll then have the benefit of the new boss, new players and a good following and stuff Coventry to finish 6pts above the drop.

How does that sound?
[Post edited 11 Feb 19:12]
Norwich Reflections. on 19:04 - Feb 11 with 1195 viewsHastings_Hoops

Norwich Reflections. on 20:23 - Feb 10 by FG_R

According to ‘SoccerStats’ I was surprised to see that our most recent form (last four games) is only bettered by Southampton, Leeds and Leicester.

Our actual form is:
Last four games: – 4th best in the Championship.
Last six games: – 10th best in the Championship.
Last eight games: - 16th best
Last ten games: 21st best
Last twelve games: 17th best
I think Marti has now been in charge for 19 games.
We definitely seem to be on an upward trajectory and so there might now be some cause for hope – especially after the January signings.

https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2

Just read this after my post… totally agree.
Norwich Reflections. on 20:58 - Feb 11 with 969 viewsgazza1

I thought that Norwich edged it yesterday and we were a little fortunate to get a point, Norwich were a good side, certainly one of the better teams to visit us this season - well done to us to grind out a point.

The two goals conceded were disappointing and I am sure that MC will be reviewing them at length. The first was again 'lack of marking' although it was a good run from the Norwich lad to loose Hodge in the area. Not sure if Begovic could or should have done better. The second we were all over the place, we had a particularly bad time during that period of the game.

Our goals were very well taken by Colback (oh no, not him again!!) and a very neat clinical finish from Frey.

Overall, we were in the contest for most of the match which is a massive improvement. Our new signings, Hayden was 'proper' in his defensive CM role and even got forward and one of our best players, if not our best. Hodge also done a very decent job, busy player and gets around - both very useful full debuts. In saying that I thought that we had a few decent performances out there yesterday, Cook & Clark Salter, Colback, Chair to name a few. The other two new boys, Frey & Anderson looked like they should be good additions but need a bit more time. My view, it was a good point earned against a very decent Norwich team who wanted to win the match as much as we did. A good game to watch for the loyal Ranger fans.

As for our very own Sam Field - fair play to his performances over the past couple of years, he has been a real rock. Yesterday, though, it showed what the Manager wanted, pass the ball forward, lets attack but sadly Sam struggles to do that, he is easy ball, play the way you are facing, keep it simple, tackle, tackle tackle, be safe, etc, etc......the Manager wants more. In saying that I am sure that Field will be an important member of the squad and will be needed on many occasions this season. His attitude is better than most so that may get him through - I hope so because he deserves it. Me thinks, tough times ahead for LD.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024