Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty 20:19 - Aug 26 with 42073 viewsconnell10

1-1 and I'd take that .....followed by a penalty shoot out win!!
[Post edited 27 Aug 8:03]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:08 - Aug 27 with 3184 viewsbaz_qpr

Pretty awful game truth be told, pleased for Santos who did well and even got to have a go at right back.

I think I actually prefer Walsh in goal to Nardi commands the area much better and has more of a presence
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:10 - Aug 27 with 3120 viewsNed_Kennedys

On the back foot most of the game but thought we defended well overall.
Great penalties.
Considering they had most of their first team playing most of the game whereas we rested some it helps for Friday.
Morrison my MOTM: looks a very good defender.
Good performances from Walsh. Paal and Heverton.
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:10 - Aug 27 with 3121 viewsOakR

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:06 - Aug 27 by Spaceman_P

Connell you're on this again Friday!!!

Whilst I bow to your Match Thread expertise, surely Connell should just do the Cup run Threads?

Poll: Will we stay up?

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:13 - Aug 27 with 3025 viewsaston_hoop

Oh and Alfie Lloyd, more of that please. Showed great intent when he came on. Wanted the ball, ran at defenders. Would persist with him in the team as a bench option for now

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:14 - Aug 27 with 2996 viewsMyke

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:06 - Aug 27 by Spaceman_P

Brilliant to get through and some much improved individual performances. The more often they play and train together the better they will get. At less one more game for Walsh too which is important for his development. Avoid defeat on Friday night, settled squad after window closes and then two weeks with Marti on the training ground. Hopefully September we'll really start to get a few wins
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:15 - Aug 27 with 2952 viewsDorse

Great result. Really pleased for the players and for the nutters who go to watch us more in hope than expectation! URs!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:19 - Aug 27 with 2813 viewsHoopsie

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:50 - Aug 27 by Superhoops2808

Well played Connell, you called it fella

Sponsored by numpty, thanks fellas, good one ☝🏼

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:20 - Aug 27 with 2783 viewsdaveB

I thought we did really well against a very strong Luton side, under the cosh at times but defended well. Walsh was excellent, impressed with Morrison. Santos did quite well on the right wring and also at right back. Lloyd good when he came on and thought after a poor first half Varane got better second half

Lots of positives tonight and chance of a a nice tie in the next round
Login to get fewer ads

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:20 - Aug 27 with 2757 viewsdaveB

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:13 - Aug 27 by aston_hoop

Oh and Alfie Lloyd, more of that please. Showed great intent when he came on. Wanted the ball, ran at defenders. Would persist with him in the team as a bench option for now

yeah similar to Smyth off the bench, very eager and caused them problems
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:23 - Aug 27 with 2657 viewsnumptydumpty

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:19 - Aug 27 by Hoopsie

Sponsored by numpty, thanks fellas, good one ☝🏼

I did the first round and said I would do all the cup games through to our final victory but Connell got in there first but put the saver on as me, but think Connell you got this sussed.

Nice home victory over Chelsea next round. 🙂

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:29 - Aug 27 with 2472 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:20 - Aug 27 by daveB

I thought we did really well against a very strong Luton side, under the cosh at times but defended well. Walsh was excellent, impressed with Morrison. Santos did quite well on the right wring and also at right back. Lloyd good when he came on and thought after a poor first half Varane got better second half

Lots of positives tonight and chance of a a nice tie in the next round

Bring on Man City I would love to see that one at Loftus Road .Lloyd gave Luton lots to worry about when he came on plus had to vision and calm head to pick out Madson who swung his leg at it but the keeper did his job and Luton got to penalties .
We look real dangerous going forward so far this season so that in itself is progress
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:31 - Aug 27 with 2411 viewsnumptydumpty

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:29 - Aug 27 by CLAREMAN1995

Bring on Man City I would love to see that one at Loftus Road .Lloyd gave Luton lots to worry about when he came on plus had to vision and calm head to pick out Madson who swung his leg at it but the keeper did his job and Luton got to penalties .
We look real dangerous going forward so far this season so that in itself is progress

Yes and although the opposition have been creating lots of chances - last two games only two worldies have breached our net.

Currently the defence is looking solid.

That game was a great workout for a few of our new players and all of them gave reasons to be hopeful.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:32 - Aug 27 with 2404 viewsCiderwithRsie

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 20:36 - Aug 27 by stainrods_elbow

That's first choice of two, if/now Dykes is on his way, right?

Gulp!

Just going back to pick up on this.

Now, OK, there's a very fair point here.

But this time last year it was Dykes and Armstrong. Frey got added in the New Year (and was pretty clearly not fully fit.)

Previous year it was Dykes, Mac Bonne, Armstrong, Tyler Roberts and Chris Martin, which on paper is more players but in reality it was pretty much just Dykes, wasn't it?

At the time we signed Dykes and Bonne, we previously didn't actually own a striker at all.

Not saying that was acceptable, it wasn't, and I know we'd all like to get back to the times when (eg) we had Michael Robinson and Johnny Byrne, two proper internationals, fighting it out to play alongside Gary Bannister, but that's not where we are at, at all.

With our finances, is it really unreasonable to think that, in a side that plays with one centre forward, Frey and Celar plus maybe Alfie Lloyd are what we need to get along with? And if that doesn't work out, we go into the loan market around Christmas?
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:34 - Aug 27 with 2347 viewsNorthantsHoop

Walsh had another good game, could be pushing for a league start soon if Nardi has a wobble. Lloyd good impact on the left, Varane starting to find his feet, Dixon- Bonnar lacklustre again and Colback a liability. Dembele looks a different class to be honest and a solid performance by Celar some nice touches. We will have to up our game on Friday as Luton look strong and try and deal better with Doughty stop him dominating down the line and whipping those crosses in.
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:40 - Aug 27 with 2223 viewsAntti_Heinola

Enjoyed that game. Thought Luton were going to blow us away but slowly we got into it and did well against a strong, physical side.
Some very interesting subs. I think Varane wanted to come off and wasn’t happy when it was Colback instead. And talking off Dunne was incredibly brave given Doughty’s set piece delivery. Was Marti almost forcing one or two players into really difficult situations to see how they stood up to it?

Great pens, pleased for Hevertton, really would like Celar to get a goal. Good pen, mind.

Bare bones.

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:42 - Aug 27 with 2184 viewsBoston

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:48 - Aug 27 by perpignanR

I think that’s called daylight robbery.

But it finished in the dark.
[Post edited 27 Aug 22:42]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:43 - Aug 27 with 2154 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:13 - Aug 27 by aston_hoop

Yes, he really played on the front foot which we lacked at times tonight. He always looked to attack them.
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:44 - Aug 27 with 2118 viewsBoston

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:53 - Aug 27 by PlanetHonneywood

Just booked my flights back for 16 March.

Just in time...for Paddy's Day.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:45 - Aug 27 with 2119 viewsrbee

What a wonderful evening. Our 'B' team managed to take the lead and then after Luton equalised we weathered the Luton storm. Marti gradually made positive substitutions and we dominated parts of the game.

Four excellent penalties and a Walshy save.

The likes of Santos turned in better performances, hopefully they will all improve with time.
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:47 - Aug 27 with 2052 viewsNed_Kennedys

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:32 - Aug 27 by CiderwithRsie

Just going back to pick up on this.

Now, OK, there's a very fair point here.

But this time last year it was Dykes and Armstrong. Frey got added in the New Year (and was pretty clearly not fully fit.)

Previous year it was Dykes, Mac Bonne, Armstrong, Tyler Roberts and Chris Martin, which on paper is more players but in reality it was pretty much just Dykes, wasn't it?

At the time we signed Dykes and Bonne, we previously didn't actually own a striker at all.

Not saying that was acceptable, it wasn't, and I know we'd all like to get back to the times when (eg) we had Michael Robinson and Johnny Byrne, two proper internationals, fighting it out to play alongside Gary Bannister, but that's not where we are at, at all.

With our finances, is it really unreasonable to think that, in a side that plays with one centre forward, Frey and Celar plus maybe Alfie Lloyd are what we need to get along with? And if that doesn't work out, we go into the loan market around Christmas?

We cannot do half a season with just two strikers. A major injury leaves is with one forward in the squad. People say what about Kolli and Lloyd but they are not strikers, have very little experience and have never scored a league goal between them yet.

We need a third forward to be signed this week and I’m certain Cifuentes is of the same opinion.
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:51 - Aug 27 with 1985 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 21:50 - Aug 27 by Boston

Our cup runneth over.

Normally that would read our cup run is over Boston happy times coming back under Marti
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 23:01 - Aug 27 with 1815 viewsdm97

Walsh rightly getting a lot of love, but I thought Morrison was absolutely fantastic. Looks a real find, plays with a high degree of maturity and calmness. Joint MOTMs for me.
[Post edited 27 Aug 23:02]
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 23:03 - Aug 27 with 1793 viewsdmm

Nothing to add to all of the above apart from we've learned EDB is not a no. 10.

The pens were really good fun.
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 23:03 - Aug 27 with 1787 viewsLblock

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:47 - Aug 27 by Ned_Kennedys

We cannot do half a season with just two strikers. A major injury leaves is with one forward in the squad. People say what about Kolli and Lloyd but they are not strikers, have very little experience and have never scored a league goal between them yet.

We need a third forward to be signed this week and I’m certain Cifuentes is of the same opinion.

We’ve done a fair few seasons lately without a single striker worthy of the description at all

In Nourry and Marti we trust

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 23:06 - Aug 27 with 1750 viewsconnell10

No I only do cup games

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024