Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peterborough bid for Hogan 20:10 - Jan 7 with 51765 viewsoddjob007

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 15:10 - Jan 9 with 4714 viewsBigKindo

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 13:47 - Jan 9 by RotherhamDale

Rumour over here in Sarf Yarkshire is that Forest want COG for 1.5 million.

Hope so... cha ching.

Cog went from Dale to Wednesday to Barnsley. Would a sell on clause still apply?
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 15:17 - Jan 9 with 4633 viewsRalphs12

What a tosser Ferguson is, hope scott's had a listen to that.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 15:56 - Jan 9 with 4366 viewsRotherhamDale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 15:10 - Jan 9 by BigKindo

Cog went from Dale to Wednesday to Barnsley. Would a sell on clause still apply?

Oh yeah, I forgot he went to Wednesday! Not sure then.

Possession with progression.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 16:02 - Jan 9 with 4310 viewsdingdangblue

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:14 - Jan 9 by Mass_Debater

Would Glenn Murray have scored any more goals than Rene Howe?

Yes

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 16:05 - Jan 9 with 4282 viewsNotEyreClue

In other news, Scunthorpe are said to be signing Paddy Madden for 300k

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 16:22 - Jan 9 with 4167 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Im sure I was told that if Lambert moves again we get something.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 16:41 - Jan 9 with 4027 viewsaleanddale

The squad on Saturday will be an interesting Hogan pointer!!

regarding sell ons the % still stands i think on profit?

so we got the agreed % sell on for the cog move Wednesday to Barnsley.

If he moves to Notts Forest for the bigger fee Wednesday will owe us the same % of the sell on profit they make???*

*or am i miles off!!!!!
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 16:45 - Jan 9 with 3994 viewsMass_Debater

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 16:02 - Jan 9 by dingdangblue

Yes

But you don't know that for definite.
Login to get fewer ads

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 17:01 - Jan 9 with 3879 viewsfitzochris

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 16:05 - Jan 9 by NotEyreClue

In other news, Scunthorpe are said to be signing Paddy Madden for 300k

Well, let's purchase a forward of our own and then get this chap in on loan to help him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_Donnelly

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 18:17 - Jan 9 with 3511 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:05 - Jan 9 by ColDale

as far as I am aware, none. He was playing without a contract at Hyde.

Good!

Best bit of news about this whole saga.

Don't go,Hulk,don't go!
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 18:18 - Jan 9 with 3503 viewsdingdangblue

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 16:45 - Jan 9 by Mass_Debater

But you don't know that for definite.

I know who Id rather have in my team. Hill said it cost us promotion - I'll go with his judgment.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 18:35 - Jan 9 with 3404 views442Dale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 18:18 - Jan 9 by dingdangblue

I know who Id rather have in my team. Hill said it cost us promotion - I'll go with his judgment.

Not something that I agreed with at the time, nor do now.

* Murray had come off the back of a rich vein of form when he was sold - 6 goals in 7 games. But prior to that he had been inconsistent, only 3 league goals before December. Such was the concern about his form that there were debates on here about leaving him on the bench when McEvilly returned on loan.

* Howe got 9 goals in 19 starts, Murray 9 from 21

* Murray's last game for Dale was at Chesterfield when we won 4-3. We we 9th after that game and 8 points off automatic promotion.

* From the remaining 22 games after his departure we gained 39 points, which is automatic promotion form.

This isn't a debate about whether Murray is better than Howe, we all know he is. But having the latter in the side instead didn't cost us promotion.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2014 18:39]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 18:43 - Jan 9 with 3344 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 18:35 - Jan 9 by 442Dale

* Murray had come off the back of a rich vein of form when he was sold - 6 goals in 7 games. But prior to that he had been inconsistent, only 3 league goals before December. Such was the concern about his form that there were debates on here about leaving him on the bench when McEvilly returned on loan.

* Murray's last game for Dale was at Chesterfield when we won 4-3. We we 9th after that game and 8 points off automatic promotion.

* From the remaining 22 games after his departure we gained 39 points, which is automatic promotion form.

This isn't a debate about whether Murray is better than Howe, we all know he is. But having the latter in the side instead didn't cost us promotion.

You can't say that for sure. Nobody can know, either way, what would have happened had we kept hold of Murray.

Back to Hogan, if we have already accepted a bid from Posh, then it's only a matter of time before he goes. Even with this "snag". I just hope it's no less than £500k.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 18:48 - Jan 9 with 3299 viewsSaxonDale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 18:35 - Jan 9 by 442Dale

It's impossible to say either way. However I do think you've missed the most important point.

Had Murray still been a Rochdale player I expect he would have started at Wembley, something which Howe did not. We definitely would have been a better side on the day with Murray upfront with Le Fondre/Dagnall rather than the pairing of both. Still might have lost though.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 18:48 - Jan 9 with 3301 views442Dale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 18:43 - Jan 9 by SimpkinsLeftPeg

You can't say that for sure. Nobody can know, either way, what would have happened had we kept hold of Murray.

Back to Hogan, if we have already accepted a bid from Posh, then it's only a matter of time before he goes. Even with this "snag". I just hope it's no less than £500k.

You're right, I should have said nobody can say one way or another whether it cost us promotion. The stats indicate it didn't.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 18:52 - Jan 9 with 3277 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 18:48 - Jan 9 by 442Dale

You're right, I should have said nobody can say one way or another whether it cost us promotion. The stats indicate it didn't.

It's all hypothetical, but you could twist the stats the other way and say that Murray, and the team, had finally clicked in those matches just before his departure. That run could have carried on. We could have ended in the top three or won at Wembley. But hey-ho.

I just hope we're not having a similar debate this summer!
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 18:56 - Jan 9 with 3241 views442Dale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 18:48 - Jan 9 by SaxonDale

It's impossible to say either way. However I do think you've missed the most important point.

Had Murray still been a Rochdale player I expect he would have started at Wembley, something which Howe did not. We definitely would have been a better side on the day with Murray upfront with Le Fondre/Dagnall rather than the pairing of both. Still might have lost though.

Murray might have been injured or suspended. Impossible to say as you point out. We might have won at Stockport in the league in March, meaning they went on a bad run culminating in not reaching the playoffs and Dale losing in the playoffs to someone else!

Selling him was not a turning point that cost us though. Perkins getting sent off though....

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 19:37 - Jan 9 with 3020 viewsfrenzied

id be suprised if we got more than 400k for Hogan...hes only had half a season at league 2 level ..im not convinced hes a championship level player either..but if posh want to throw a few quid at Dale thats fine..good luck to Scott
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 19:46 - Jan 9 with 2965 viewsD_Dale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 01:24 - Jan 9 by love_the_dale

I'm certainly not devaluing his contribution, but I had the same thoughts. We had a pretty good record when he was out injured. No-one is indispensable, and if we can a good sum of money, then happy if we have to sell, happy if he asks to go and all best wishes to him.

5th Oct Portsmouth A L 0 - 3 (Hogan playing)
8th Oct Port Vale A W 1 -0 Rafferty (JPT) (Hogan on the bench)
12th Oct Newport H W 3 - 0 Vincenti, Cummins, Héry (Hogan out injured)
19th Oct Cheltenham A W 2 - 1 Henderson (2) (Hogan out injured)
22th Oct Northampton H W 3 - 2 Henderson, Rose, Donnelly(Hogan out injured)
26th Oct Dag and Red A L 1 - 3 Dicker (Hogan out injured)
2nd Nov Wimbledon H L 1 - 2 Allen (Hogan out injured)
9th Nov Torquay A W 2 - 0 Hogan, Vincenti (FA Cup) (Hogan playing)

I think Hogan came on as a second-half sub against Wimbledon, but the general point remains.

Another point: just because all the players had a bad day at Scunny barely a week ago, and because of the great performance against Leeds, the criticisms of Hogan (how lucky he was to escape a red card etc., and his low fans' rating - 4.3 was it?) on that day seem forgotten.

Someone mentioned Kevin Townson. On '9/11' - 11 September 2001 - when he was 18 he came on as a sub and tore the Fulham defence apart, scoring twice (Dale were unlucky to lose aet on pens). Before Christmas he'd scored 10 goals in 18 appearances and it seemed the club was sitting on a fortune. He had a few other good games that season, such as in April 2002 when he and McCourt both came on as subs, ripped through the Hull defence and scored a goal each. The next season he was a different player, managing just one goal. The moral: a club like Dale has to cash in at the earliest opportunity.

Last point: should we assume KH would very much regret Scott's departure? He enjoys 'shape-shifting', taking on new challenges and having (as he would in this case) a few thousand to spend on a newcomer. And when he comes to making a move himself (not too soon, I hope) he'd have another achievement on his c.v. : 'Signed Scott Hogan on a free, summer 2013, transferred him January 2014 for £?00,000.'
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:05 - Jan 9 with 2858 viewsNotEyreClue

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 19:46 - Jan 9 by D_Dale

I think Hogan came on as a second-half sub against Wimbledon, but the general point remains.

Another point: just because all the players had a bad day at Scunny barely a week ago, and because of the great performance against Leeds, the criticisms of Hogan (how lucky he was to escape a red card etc., and his low fans' rating - 4.3 was it?) on that day seem forgotten.

Someone mentioned Kevin Townson. On '9/11' - 11 September 2001 - when he was 18 he came on as a sub and tore the Fulham defence apart, scoring twice (Dale were unlucky to lose aet on pens). Before Christmas he'd scored 10 goals in 18 appearances and it seemed the club was sitting on a fortune. He had a few other good games that season, such as in April 2002 when he and McCourt both came on as subs, ripped through the Hull defence and scored a goal each. The next season he was a different player, managing just one goal. The moral: a club like Dale has to cash in at the earliest opportunity.

Last point: should we assume KH would very much regret Scott's departure? He enjoys 'shape-shifting', taking on new challenges and having (as he would in this case) a few thousand to spend on a newcomer. And when he comes to making a move himself (not too soon, I hope) he'd have another achievement on his c.v. : 'Signed Scott Hogan on a free, summer 2013, transferred him January 2014 for £?00,000.'

So just because Townson had one good season, we should always sell our best players are the earliest opportunity?

You hit the nail on the head, ALL the players were poor at Scunthorpe, not just Hogan. Let's not try and play down his importance just because it looks like he's going to be moving on very shortly.

In my opinion, he's gotten better and better as the season has progressed and his performance in the last round should show what he could do to defences in this league which are considerably worse than what Leeds have got.

Keith would 100% percent love to keep Hogan at the club if he had his way, that you can be sure of. Goalscorers are invaluable to a team, especially ones that seem to be as well rounded as Hogan is potentially). We would have a much better chance of promotion with Hogan in the team and promotion is KH's short-term goal with Rochdale.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:33 - Jan 9 with 2554 viewsdingdangblue

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 18:56 - Jan 9 by 442Dale

Murray might have been injured or suspended. Impossible to say as you point out. We might have won at Stockport in the league in March, meaning they went on a bad run culminating in not reaching the playoffs and Dale losing in the playoffs to someone else!

Selling him was not a turning point that cost us though. Perkins getting sent off though....

Yeah but Rene Howe gave the penalty away that meant we only won the 2nd leg 2-1 and not 2-0. Had the game not gone to extra time we would've had Perkins in the final and I know for sure he would've scored the winner.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 00:23 - Jan 10 with 2220 viewsRotherhamDale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 18:56 - Jan 9 by 442Dale

To this day, I still can't stand thinking about that referee (Beeby?)

I'm not one to complain about refs or get annoyed with them at games, but i'm convinced that fella had something against us. The penalty and Perkins sending off were utterly ridiculous.

Possession with progression.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 08:31 - Jan 10 with 1991 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Agree with you, it's a decision that stil rankles with me. Perks was cheated out of a Wembley final by Foster and Beeby, we were cheated out of having our first choice midfielder in the team.

Could be worse though...we could've been Stockport :-D
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 09:07 - Jan 10 with 1909 viewsdingdangblue

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 00:23 - Jan 10 by RotherhamDale

To this day, I still can't stand thinking about that referee (Beeby?)

I'm not one to complain about refs or get annoyed with them at games, but i'm convinced that fella had something against us. The penalty and Perkins sending off were utterly ridiculous.

Yeah, to give a penalty for something so innocuous in such a big game with the stakes so high beggared belief. The Perkins tackle - although we are biased - you can see he went in quite dangerous - had he connected with their player he could've got hurt - but he didn't touch him in the end. A tricky one. Still very harsh red card knowing he would miss the Wembley final.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 09:13 - Jan 10 with 1888 viewsColDale

Having read all the quotes on Hogan this morning, I get the feeling he is holding out for a Championship club rather than it being financial. Silly money doesn't get mentioned but rather waiting for other clubs. I know Brum and Cardiff have been rumoured (can't see Brum paying silly money after missing out on him last Summer).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024