Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peterborough bid for Hogan 20:10 - Jan 7 with 52827 viewsoddjob007

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 09:14 - Jan 10 with 3567 viewsDaley_Lama

Had Perkins been available and had Dale been promoted at Wembley however, the knock on effects would have been not so nice.

Dale would have been relegated a season earlier, at the same time as Bury were promoted.

This would mean that we would have missed out on THAT game at Gigg where our absolutely gash team tore Bury a new one in the first 20 minutes and despite being so bad that season that we finished rock bottom, played Grimes as a target man and Pim Balkenstein as a full back, we managed to do the double over them.

Perkins left for nowt to Colchester when his contract expired so I'm not mithered about him missing wembley and Stockport are now worse than the girl guides B team.

If a butterfly flaps it's wings in the Amazon jungle....

Poll: DF in or out

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 09:35 - Jan 10 with 3489 viewsSuddenLad

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 09:13 - Jan 10 by ColDale

Having read all the quotes on Hogan this morning, I get the feeling he is holding out for a Championship club rather than it being financial. Silly money doesn't get mentioned but rather waiting for other clubs. I know Brum and Cardiff have been rumoured (can't see Brum paying silly money after missing out on him last Summer).

What we would term 'silly money' for a transfer fee is a months wages to a premiership player. To clubs like Brum & Cardiff, (compared to Dale) it's loose change from the petty cash box.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 10:10 - Jan 10 with 3354 viewsdingdangblue

After last sat you wouldn't be surprised if Leeds were keeping tabs on our players. There was a rumour in the paper that the owners were going to give McDermott some cash to spend in Jan to get their season back on track.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 10:32 - Jan 10 with 3253 viewssandylaner1

KEITH HILL HAS CONFIRMED SCOTT HOGAN WANTS TO STAY !!! ????
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 10:34 - Jan 10 with 3238 viewsTrue_Blue2

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 10:32 - Jan 10 by sandylaner1

KEITH HILL HAS CONFIRMED SCOTT HOGAN WANTS TO STAY !!! ????

Doesn't mean he will though.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 10:36 - Jan 10 with 3248 viewssandylaner1

anyone know whats been said on daleplayer
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 10:38 - Jan 10 with 3230 viewsBeckWMG

I'm not surprised by this. I said around pages 6/7 of this thread that "the snag" simply may have been that Scott may not wanted to have moved somewhere miles from family and friends.

Sure he will be offered a better deal here now.

More cash and a promise that he can go should we not get promoted.

Everyone's a winner.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 10:40 - Jan 10 with 3213 viewsleedsdale

Just listening to it now: Hill says that the offer for Hogan was a tremendous offer, and one which was bigger than for any other player we have ever received. That said,Hogan has told him he wants to stay at Rochdale and Hill is understandably delighted about that!

Hill seems very understanding about the whole situation and doesn't appear to be upset at the club or the situation
Login to get fewer ads

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 10:48 - Jan 10 with 3137 viewsCockneyDale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 10:40 - Jan 10 by leedsdale

Just listening to it now: Hill says that the offer for Hogan was a tremendous offer, and one which was bigger than for any other player we have ever received. That said,Hogan has told him he wants to stay at Rochdale and Hill is understandably delighted about that!

Hill seems very understanding about the whole situation and doesn't appear to be upset at the club or the situation

Comes across as a win/win situation. We either get "tremendous" money or Hogan stays. The club and Hill want him to stay, but the offer is too good to say no. Sounds also like Hogan understands.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 10:54 - Jan 10 with 3072 viewsDaleFan7

Said it on Page 2 - 'Hopefully he has told them he doesn't want to go. Here's dreaming.'

I suppose dreams do come true ;)!
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 10:58 - Jan 10 with 3040 viewsBiggusDickus6969

Article titled 'Hogan wants to stay' on official website now.

What a babe <3
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:15 - Jan 10 with 2901 viewsD_Alien

Massive respect to Scotty Hogan for his decision.

He will move on, possibly at the end of this season - or even before the end of January if a club such as Bolton or Wigan came in for him, meaning he didn't have to uproot. So lets not get too excited just yet, especially if we don't make it into the fifth round.

#waits for 31 Jan

Lets hope he stays injury-free, further enhances his reputation and fires us into the fifth round and at least the playoffs. We might then get an "even more tremendous" offer. Yes, I know thats what everyone who thought the club were being hasty in accepting Posh's offer were saying should happen, but KH accepts the reality of football so lets give everyone due credit for handling this situation the right way.

[Post edited 10 Jan 2014 11:16]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:26 - Jan 10 with 2838 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Manager Keith Hill has confirmed that the club has accepted a “tremendous” bid from Peterborough United for Scott Hogan, but says the striker wants to stay at Rochdale.

In an exclusive interview, he told www.rochdaleafc.co.uk: “The fact of the matter is that we’re a business as well as football team. It was obvious to me that we were probably going to start getting enquiries for Scott, but with respect to Peterborough they’ve put their money where their mouth is and have come up with a tremendous amount of money.

"With respect to showing their intent, and from a Football Club’s perspective, I 100% cannot complain with the Football Club [for accepting the bid] from a business aspect. It’s a tremendous amount of money and while I’ve been at this Football Club, including during my previous regime, we didn’t receive any bids of this amount for any of the players.

"Bravery and respect must go to Peterborough because it’s a decent amount of money that we have had to accept, but then it was over to Scotty.

"Scott was then given the opportunity to speak with Peterborough and at this moment in time he’s adamant that he wants to stay and I’m over the moon with that. It shows his intent and his trust in myself, the football club and the players. He’s enjoying his football and at this moment in time Scott remains a Rochdale football player and that is absolutely superb news for the supporters.

"But everyone has got to understand that there is a business angle to provide the funds and the financial security for the future. As a Football Club we could not turn down the advances of Peterborough, the one person who can do is Scott and at this moment in time I’m glad that he is doing."

Read more at http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/hill-hogan-move-1285565.aspx#SArrltlhS
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:50 - Jan 10 with 2687 views1907

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:26 - Jan 10 by Albert_Whitehurst

Manager Keith Hill has confirmed that the club has accepted a “tremendous” bid from Peterborough United for Scott Hogan, but says the striker wants to stay at Rochdale.

In an exclusive interview, he told www.rochdaleafc.co.uk: “The fact of the matter is that we’re a business as well as football team. It was obvious to me that we were probably going to start getting enquiries for Scott, but with respect to Peterborough they’ve put their money where their mouth is and have come up with a tremendous amount of money.

"With respect to showing their intent, and from a Football Club’s perspective, I 100% cannot complain with the Football Club [for accepting the bid] from a business aspect. It’s a tremendous amount of money and while I’ve been at this Football Club, including during my previous regime, we didn’t receive any bids of this amount for any of the players.

"Bravery and respect must go to Peterborough because it’s a decent amount of money that we have had to accept, but then it was over to Scotty.

"Scott was then given the opportunity to speak with Peterborough and at this moment in time he’s adamant that he wants to stay and I’m over the moon with that. It shows his intent and his trust in myself, the football club and the players. He’s enjoying his football and at this moment in time Scott remains a Rochdale football player and that is absolutely superb news for the supporters.

"But everyone has got to understand that there is a business angle to provide the funds and the financial security for the future. As a Football Club we could not turn down the advances of Peterborough, the one person who can do is Scott and at this moment in time I’m glad that he is doing."

Read more at http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/hill-hogan-move-1285565.aspx#SArrltlhS

Scott Hogan has just firmly cemented himself as one of my all time favourite Dale players
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:53 - Jan 10 with 2659 views100notout

Respect to Hogan.

He could however (along with his agent) just be calling Peterboroughs bluff re wage demands and if they meet them he could be off like a whippet! Barnsley / Keith Hill springs to mind............. and we all know what happened there!

Personally I'll be made up if he stays - I think he can do better than Posh (although unlike r Craig at the baggies I think he would play regularly at Posh) and he will get better under the guidance of Hill / Beech and then as said above we could get an even more "tremendous" offer.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:11 - Jan 10 with 2561 viewsCedar_Room

Think this means we will either:

1. see Hogan stay, which is great news for the club and gives us a great chance to succeed this season
2. see Hogan leave for Peterborough after rumoured personal terms are met - meaning we receive a "tremendous" amount of money which keeps the club going for the forseeable, and hopefully means we can get in a quality replacement and/or other players
3. see Hogan leave for A.N. Other club - but you'd have to assume only if the bid matched that of Peterborough, meaning 2 still applied.

either way - seems alright to me. Especially as Hill speaks so positvely about the bid. He is our main asset at this club, not any individual players, and keeping him sweet should be the chairman's main priority.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:19 - Jan 10 with 2495 viewsFrog

Fair play to Hogan if he does stay as his stock may fall next season, look at Done, rumoured to be attracting bids of £600k not so long ago and now back with us.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:41 - Jan 10 with 2329 viewsbazingadale

How selfish of hogan. We need that money to survive and he's just being greedy with his wage demands that's why he's staying don't let him fool you.
Let him rot in the reserves
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:47 - Jan 10 with 2284 viewspaulscho

Hold your breath for another 21 days !!!

livinginadalewonderland

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:48 - Jan 10 with 2279 viewsfunkkk

Hoping this means he wants to stay until at least the end of the season and not just that he wasn't interested in this offer.

There's a lot of potential to make even bigger money for the player and club if he holds out.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:48 - Jan 10 with 2274 viewspaulscho

Could be a few Barry Fry +Darren Fergurson songs around at Hartlepool tomorrow !!!

livinginadalewonderland

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:52 - Jan 10 with 2236 viewsfitzochris

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:52 - Jan 10 with 2238 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:48 - Jan 10 by paulscho

Could be a few Barry Fry +Darren Fergurson songs around at Hartlepool tomorrow !!!

What rhymes with 'pair of cúnts'..?
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 13:00 - Jan 10 with 2184 viewsdingdangblue

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:52 - Jan 10 by Albert_Whitehurst

What rhymes with 'pair of cúnts'..?

Kenny Lunt ?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 13:01 - Jan 10 with 2181 views1907

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:41 - Jan 10 by bazingadale

How selfish of hogan. We need that money to survive and he's just being greedy with his wage demands that's why he's staying don't let him fool you.
Let him rot in the reserves

What an absolute pillock you really are. If that's your attitude go and support someone else.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024