Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The election results thread 19:10 - Jun 8 with 56495 viewsexiledclaseboy

Polls close 10pm. BBC, ITV and SKY release the results of their joint exit poll also at 10pm. Some of you may remember election night two years ago when the exit poll predicted a Tory win. It was roundly ridiculed by politicians of all parties and most us on here. You could see Professor John Curtice (who oversees the poll) visibly wilting and wondering if he'd just wrecked his career and reputation. The same Prof Curtice got progressively more smug as the night rolled on and it turned out his poll was more or less spot on.

First result due about 11pm. From Sunderland.

The outcome may be a foregone conclusion but it should be exciting for about an hour or so.

Get it stickied for 24 hours or so please, mods.

Oh, and can someone keep Perch and Bluey away from sharp objects please. Just in case.

Poll: Tory leader

The election results thread on 13:49 - Jun 9 with 1440 viewsHighjack

The election results thread on 13:02 - Jun 9 by Ebo

Hmmm I do recall many on here and elsewhere stating that Corbyn was unelectable, he'd get hammered in an election etc...

Didn't pan out that way did it?

Yeah it did. Now he's done a lot better than people thought he would but he still wasn't elected and got beat by 60 odd seats by the worst PM and worst campaign in living memory. People putting this down to corbyn is forgetting how f ucking bad the Tories have been recently. I think a more sensible labour leader would have won comfortably last night.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The election results thread on 13:54 - Jun 9 with 1430 viewsKerouac

The election results thread on 13:38 - Jun 9 by oh_tommy_tommy

I voted for remain & labour

I would politely say to you , go f@ck yourself👍🏻

Yeah it's just that Article 50 has been triggered now, your mob voted for it remember(?!?), and we will be leaving in 2 years regardless.
By voting for the politics of La La Land to spite the Tories and we Brexiteers you have ensured we will get f*cking walked over in these negotiations.
It will be our children who pay.

Still nevermind what is good for the country and our people as a whole, just so long as you can look in the mirror and tell yourself;
"I'm a great person, I think everybody should get everything their heart desires (we deserve it) on the free and I did my bit yesterday."
as well as enjoying a bit more Tory bashing ay.

This country needs to f*cking grow up.
We can't have the services we want for our rapidly expanding, ageing, population without paying for it...and we can't afford to pay for it unless we grow the Private sector...and we can't grow the Private sector fast enough while we remain as the financial centre of the EU and neglect other sectors that would HUGELY benefit from trading more with the rest of the World (where all the growth is)....and we should not be burdened with extra costs associated with expanding the German empire when we are a junior, ignored, part of that empire.
We need change and we need to make it happen ourselves not kid ourselves that others will pay for us.

Oh, and go f*ck YOURself and may all your children be blessed with tiny cocks, especially the girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

The election results thread on 13:57 - Jun 9 with 1423 viewsDarran

The election results thread on 13:02 - Jun 9 by Ebo

Hmmm I do recall many on here and elsewhere stating that Corbyn was unelectable, he'd get hammered in an election etc...

Didn't pan out that way did it?

See this is where we are going wrong. I'm so pissed off watching the news channels I feel like putting my head through the screen.

Corbyn hasn't been elected,May is still PM and the Tories are still in Government.

Yes Labour have done much better than we all expected and we now have a stronger opposition but they've won fuçk all.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The election results thread on 13:59 - Jun 9 with 1418 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The election results thread on 13:54 - Jun 9 by Kerouac

Yeah it's just that Article 50 has been triggered now, your mob voted for it remember(?!?), and we will be leaving in 2 years regardless.
By voting for the politics of La La Land to spite the Tories and we Brexiteers you have ensured we will get f*cking walked over in these negotiations.
It will be our children who pay.

Still nevermind what is good for the country and our people as a whole, just so long as you can look in the mirror and tell yourself;
"I'm a great person, I think everybody should get everything their heart desires (we deserve it) on the free and I did my bit yesterday."
as well as enjoying a bit more Tory bashing ay.

This country needs to f*cking grow up.
We can't have the services we want for our rapidly expanding, ageing, population without paying for it...and we can't afford to pay for it unless we grow the Private sector...and we can't grow the Private sector fast enough while we remain as the financial centre of the EU and neglect other sectors that would HUGELY benefit from trading more with the rest of the World (where all the growth is)....and we should not be burdened with extra costs associated with expanding the German empire when we are a junior, ignored, part of that empire.
We need change and we need to make it happen ourselves not kid ourselves that others will pay for us.

Oh, and go f*ck YOURself and may all your children be blessed with tiny cocks, especially the girls.

Go and pick your dummy up off the floor , suck on it ,sit in a dark room for a couple of weeks and think about where you want to go in life .

🖕🏻

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The election results thread on 14:03 - Jun 9 with 1403 viewsLohengrin

The election results thread on 13:22 - Jun 9 by GreatBritton

I take it you are referring particularly to the first Sunday of the catechism - the Misery of Man?

Now they are in a position to wring all manner of concessions from a floundering administration I would imagine DUP minds would be concentrated on Part II - Deliverance.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The election results thread on 14:03 - Jun 9 with 1403 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The election results thread on 13:57 - Jun 9 by Darran

See this is where we are going wrong. I'm so pissed off watching the news channels I feel like putting my head through the screen.

Corbyn hasn't been elected,May is still PM and the Tories are still in Government.

Yes Labour have done much better than we all expected and we now have a stronger opposition but they've won fuçk all.

You wanted a stronger opposition and your still f@cking moaning mun .

The election results thread on 14:04 - Jun 9 with 1395 viewsPrivate_Partz

The election results thread on 13:26 - Jun 9 by Kerouac

Corbyn and his crew have been successful in fundamentally changing the Labour Party and the centre of gravity in UK politics will alter.

Brexit will be bad for this country now as the EU will have the government over a barrel.
There is f*ck all point of having a Brexit which is not actually a Brexit...so f*cking foolish.

Our kids will pay.
It seems like it's just a game for most on here.

Anyone who voted for Brexit but swallowed the Labour Party's bullshit is a moron as far as I can see.

I think you will find May called the election so it's all her fault. Labour did not want it.
I voted to remain and I vote for Labour nationally.
Imho it is good news that May now actually has to get a deal that is good for Britain. Not hard Brexit and walking away. Davis is leading the way in softening the appraoch.
I agree it is most certainly not a game. Brexit, and the pathetic referendum caused by Tory self interest, will eff us up for years. You have to allow me a wry smile at the demise of the Nasty Party however. ;-)
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 14:07]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The election results thread on 14:05 - Jun 9 with 1385 viewsLohengrin

The election results thread on 14:03 - Jun 9 by oh_tommy_tommy

There's just no pleasing some people, Tom.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

The election results thread on 14:07 - Jun 9 with 1370 viewsDarran

The election results thread on 14:03 - Jun 9 by oh_tommy_tommy

I wanted the Tories out you bell whiff.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The election results thread on 14:07 - Jun 9 with 1367 viewsKerouac

The election results thread on 13:59 - Jun 9 by oh_tommy_tommy

Go and pick your dummy up off the floor , suck on it ,sit in a dark room for a couple of weeks and think about where you want to go in life .

🖕🏻

Go and pat your local Labour MP on the back for losing the election and f*cking up this countries future in the Brexit negotiations.
Ask them if they have anymore fairy tales for gullible f*ckers like yourself to read before bedtime (apart from their manifesto).

...and then take a short flight to Berlin and suck some German sausage, you know you want to

The election results thread on 14:09 - Jun 9 with 1360 viewsPrivate_Partz

The election results thread on 14:07 - Jun 9 by Kerouac

Go and pat your local Labour MP on the back for losing the election and f*cking up this countries future in the Brexit negotiations.
Ask them if they have anymore fairy tales for gullible f*ckers like yourself to read before bedtime (apart from their manifesto).

...and then take a short flight to Berlin and suck some German sausage, you know you want to

Grapes are sour today ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The election results thread on 14:09 - Jun 9 with 1358 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

You've turned into blue & Perch on steroids

The election results thread on 14:11 - Jun 9 with 1344 viewsFlashberryjack

The election results thread on 13:38 - Jun 9 by oh_tommy_tommy

I voted for remain & labour

I would politely say to you , go f@ck yourself👍🏻

Then Lost on both votes Tommy

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The election results thread on 14:14 - Jun 9 with 1342 viewsblueytheblue

The election results thread on 13:49 - Jun 9 by Highjack

Yeah it did. Now he's done a lot better than people thought he would but he still wasn't elected and got beat by 60 odd seats by the worst PM and worst campaign in living memory. People putting this down to corbyn is forgetting how f ucking bad the Tories have been recently. I think a more sensible labour leader would have won comfortably last night.

Well, if you're replacing Corbyn, then let's replace May as well.

Rudd or Davidson with a coherent strategy would have easily won.

Labour's "success" was to get themselves back to 2010 levels. That has to be borne in mind given Labour's campaign had incredibly low expectations attached.

I doubt any of the parties have anything to celebrate about today..

Poll: Alternate POTY final

The election results thread on 14:14 - Jun 9 with 1341 viewsProfessor

The election results thread on 13:03 - Jun 9 by Kerouac

You sound sensible.
Why the f*ck did you vote for Corbyn's mob?
You must be able to see what a load of shite their manifesto is...

As on balance it offered more. I don't agree with it all. More than anything it is seeing change in circumstances. How austerity hits people. When I go into Liverpool I used to see a hard core of rough sleepers-around 10 for who this was clearly a way of life. Now I see perhaps 30 or more. Not the drunks by the car park, but younger people-early 20s in doorways, wherever there is some shelter. People with nowhere else to go, reading books to pass the day, asking for food not money. As much as I agree with some LibDem policy and disagree with some of Corbyn's, I still believe that Labour offers the best hope of social inclusion, the best hope for kids, the best hope for these people in doorways. I wish we were a meritocracy, a republic, a fairer country. I can but dream.
The election results thread on 14:17 - Jun 9 with 1329 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The election results thread on 14:11 - Jun 9 by Flashberryjack

Then Lost on both votes Tommy

Work in progress mush 😉

The election results thread on 14:23 - Jun 9 with 1309 viewsblueytheblue

The election results thread on 14:17 - Jun 9 by oh_tommy_tommy

Work in progress mush 😉

Not like time is on Corbyn's side though Tommy is it?

Back to 2010 levels in terms of seats. Should Corbyn retire / peg it who then?

The election results thread on 14:23 - Jun 9 with 1309 viewsWarwickHunt

The election results thread on 13:49 - Jun 9 by Highjack

If Labour had a more sensible leader she wouldn't have called the election...
The election results thread on 14:24 - Jun 9 with 1306 viewssotonswan

I'm in a minority here, but I think a hard Brexit is even more likely now.

If it becomes impossible to get Parliament to agree on a suitable arrangement with Europe then none will be made. This suits Europe too.

I expect a lot of people on all sides to pretend to be very earnestly busy at negotiating with the EU whilst secretly knowing it's hopeless.

So hard Brexit it will be.
And Middlesborough will flatter to deceive as well. ;-)

We are the NORTH BANK POPULAR FRONT ! (in no way affiliated to those splitters the North Bank Alliance.) WWG1WGA

The election results thread on 14:26 - Jun 9 with 1297 viewsswan_si

The election results thread on 09:02 - Jun 9 by BrynCartwright

Well done to Tonia Antoniazzi for winning Gower back from the Conservatives. How they must be "Harumphing" behind their Daily Mails and Telegraphs down in Horton and Port Eynon. Get your blue signs down now losers. People of Gorseinon and the Bont have spoken at last. Surely Theresa's campaign could not have been helped by this disaster of an outfit...

Hopefully the prospect of chinless wonders once again blundering around the countryside mullering foxes legally has been averted.

my dear old mum reckons that Theresa May looks like Fred Gwynne (Herman Munster), spooky.

The election results thread on 14:30 - Jun 9 with 1289 viewsblueytheblue

The election results thread on 14:24 - Jun 9 by sotonswan

I'm in a minority here, but I think a hard Brexit is even more likely now.

If it becomes impossible to get Parliament to agree on a suitable arrangement with Europe then none will be made. This suits Europe too.

I expect a lot of people on all sides to pretend to be very earnestly busy at negotiating with the EU whilst secretly knowing it's hopeless.

So hard Brexit it will be.
And Middlesborough will flatter to deceive as well. ;-)

In terms of getting deals with non Eu nations done, we could get some done fairly quickly.

Where there's already an EU deal in place, we could always as an interim measure copy and paste the terms and conditions of those existing deals. Maybe set a timeframe for them to be in place, 2 years etc, whilst renegotiating those deals to be beneficial to both parties.

The election results thread on 14:37 - Jun 9 with 1265 viewsKerouac

The election results thread on 14:14 - Jun 9 by Professor

As on balance it offered more. I don't agree with it all. More than anything it is seeing change in circumstances. How austerity hits people. When I go into Liverpool I used to see a hard core of rough sleepers-around 10 for who this was clearly a way of life. Now I see perhaps 30 or more. Not the drunks by the car park, but younger people-early 20s in doorways, wherever there is some shelter. People with nowhere else to go, reading books to pass the day, asking for food not money. As much as I agree with some LibDem policy and disagree with some of Corbyn's, I still believe that Labour offers the best hope of social inclusion, the best hope for kids, the best hope for these people in doorways. I wish we were a meritocracy, a republic, a fairer country. I can but dream.

Don't you think that New Labour's tenure, the mess they made of education and the economy, might have something to do with the massive increase of rough sleepers you are seeing now?
Don't they share some responsibility as well as society as a whole?

I just don't see how the Labour party has any answers.
Their policies are usually directed towards the symptoms not the cause.

If it were possible for any government in any country to tax the richest a whole lot more and borrow some money on the markets, say the magic words and hey presto everybody who is poor is given a wedge of cash...everyone with a need has it met...every state employee has a pay rise as well as a job for life and the best terms and conditions...and boom(!) the economy starts growing, with the economy growing quicker everybody is quids in, even the rich who are being taxed so much more.
Don't you think it would be in any governing party's interests to do that?
Bit of a vote winner don't you think?

It is not that simple is it.
For me wealth creation starts with education and training and the encouragement of good behaviour.
Rule of law, efficient collection of tax, pride in ourselves and our communities.

We have turned into a soft society that encourages people to quit and offer up any old excuse as a reason why they have a right to settle down in the gutter.
Life is hard, you have got to be harder.
People aren't born that way it is taught.

If we concentrate on the basics, the truths of humanity, and produce robust, bright, young people with ambition and a good moral compass...as a society we will be able to look after the weak.
Labour have got things the wrong way around.

The election results thread on 14:44 - Jun 9 with 1249 viewsMeraki

OOOh someones woken up on the wrong side of bed this morning.

The election results thread on 14:49 - Jun 9 with 1235 viewslonglostjack

The election results thread on 14:30 - Jun 9 by blueytheblue

In terms of getting deals with non Eu nations done, we could get some done fairly quickly.

Where there's already an EU deal in place, we could always as an interim measure copy and paste the terms and conditions of those existing deals. Maybe set a timeframe for them to be in place, 2 years etc, whilst renegotiating those deals to be beneficial to both parties.

Without paying any membership dues? Dream on. You Tories really don't get it do you.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The election results thread on 15:03 - Jun 9 with 1210 viewsProfessor

The election results thread on 14:37 - Jun 9 by Kerouac

Don't you think that New Labour's tenure, the mess they made of education and the economy, might have something to do with the massive increase of rough sleepers you are seeing now?
Don't they share some responsibility as well as society as a whole?

I just don't see how the Labour party has any answers.
Their policies are usually directed towards the symptoms not the cause.

If it were possible for any government in any country to tax the richest a whole lot more and borrow some money on the markets, say the magic words and hey presto everybody who is poor is given a wedge of cash...everyone with a need has it met...every state employee has a pay rise as well as a job for life and the best terms and conditions...and boom(!) the economy starts growing, with the economy growing quicker everybody is quids in, even the rich who are being taxed so much more.
Don't you think it would be in any governing party's interests to do that?
Bit of a vote winner don't you think?

It is not that simple is it.
For me wealth creation starts with education and training and the encouragement of good behaviour.
Rule of law, efficient collection of tax, pride in ourselves and our communities.

We have turned into a soft society that encourages people to quit and offer up any old excuse as a reason why they have a right to settle down in the gutter.
Life is hard, you have got to be harder.
People aren't born that way it is taught.

If we concentrate on the basics, the truths of humanity, and produce robust, bright, young people with ambition and a good moral compass...as a society we will be able to look after the weak.
Labour have got things the wrong way around.

Oddly the one thing Blair got right was to improve education and in particular at primary level. I also think it is the conservative's biggest disaster. Poor behaviour is, in my opinion related to the expect everything and greed fostered by the 1979-1997 Tory government and the loss of social structure-the classless society that lead to an underclass.

Don't buy the Gove theory that moving to a rigid structure brings attainment up to levels n Singapore or China- the whole learning system is different. We used to foster thinking and innovation-that system is designed to supply moderately educated drones.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024