Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next manager and reasons why... 17:17 - Aug 18 with 77816 viewsSheffield_dale

Shame it didn't work for Robbie. IMO he didn't get the team prepared for the season and unfortunately deserves to go. I can understand what he wanted to achieve with the formation but didn't coach them well enough/quick enough to put it into action. We would be too far adrift before things clicked into place.

So, who do we want next.

I'll throw in a suggestion.

Dave Artell.

Steadily built up a Crewe team on a low budget and got promoted.

Not perfect by any means but he would be within our budget and has decent L2 experience and success.

Next manager and reasons why... on 14:36 - Aug 26 with 2736 viewsIOMDale

Next manager and reasons why... on 14:26 - Aug 26 by rkershaw

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1142405830?-1906:1007

FLW seems to get its exclusives from agents - they’re not always on the money (think Dean Campbell going to Stevenage in pre season) but the information they receive does seem to be correct at the time of tweeting.

UTDNFS

Next manager and reasons why... on 15:55 - Aug 26 with 2374 viewsJames1980

Here are the managers for the top teams in National league South and North last season. How do any of these names look as a potential manager for us?
Maidstone - Hayrettin
Ebbsfleet - Kutrieb
Dartford - King
Dorking - White
Gateshead - Williamson
Brackley - Wilkin
Fylde - Bentley
Kidderminster - Penn

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Next manager and reasons why... on 16:09 - Aug 26 with 2279 viewsTVOS1907

Next manager and reasons why... on 13:00 - Aug 26 by DaleiLama

I'm getting a bit fed up of hearing "we aren't exactly an exciting proposition are we?"

We're a well run club, with a much bigger board possessing a lot more experience of life, business, leisure etc in the boardroom. We are fan owned, we aren't about to go pop after a rich benefactor has loaded us with debt and fecked off down the road and we have a very loyal fanbase with a good away following. We have excellent values on and off the field (sometimes too "fairplay" on it) and we are a club to be proud of in almost every way other than home crowds, which is mostly not the club's fault, but which I'm sure when MH have backed down or been told to back down, will be addressed in the future.

OK, the playing budget is never likely to resemble Smaug's hoard in this millennium but just as with young players, we may be seen as a potential stepping stone to bigger and better things for managers too. Admittedly the two previous managers didn't last too long, but there are very good reasons both were let go which can easily be discussed in an interview and indeed, it gives an excellent opportunity to show what the club and fans don't want. Dull, uninspired, coaching-by-the-book, playing-not-to-lose snoozeball.

No one but the most deluded has aspirations of PL football, but this is not a club without ambition either. Frankly, if we are seen or perceived as not wanting progression or not being capable of it, then trot on. You're not the right man or woman for us anyway.

Excellent post, DL, me too.

You should see some of the stuff people post on the Facebook and Twitter pages.

Because we have allegedly missed out on these managers, the mentality is to automatically assume it's because we're a "basket case" or "in the sh1t" and nobody will want to manage us.

Nobody? Really?

Maybe, in the case of Alexander, he is settled north of the border after his Motherwell spell and wants to stay there.

In the cases of Artell and Askey, they could be making demands we can't or won't be able to support.

There could be a multitude of reasons why we haven't been able to arrange for our initial targets to join us.

"Missed out" and "turned down" are two completely different reasons for why the aforementioned allegedly haven't joined us, but unfortunately, those who revel in misery and negativity, and enjoy using derogatory phrases like "LAUGHING STOCK" to describe the club they claim they support, just can't or won't see it.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 16:27]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Next manager and reasons why... on 16:15 - Aug 26 with 2233 viewsEllDale

That's a great point about being to come to an agreement with the demands of prospective managers.
I seem to remember a story that, after the second sacking of Steve Parkin, Andy Ritchie was offered the manager's job at Dale.
As a condition though he apparently wanted to bring in an entirely new backroom staff with him including a physio.
That package was declined and Hill got the job instead.
Next manager and reasons why... on 16:16 - Aug 26 with 2228 viewsNorthernDale

I fully support the board in what they have achieved, but we need a manager in and signings made by next Wednesday. To me, it is obvious that McNulty is not up to it, we need a manager to kick ar*e, rather feel sorry for the players, likes he keeps saying.

Tomorrow is a six pointer, lose and I fear for the future of the club.
Next manager and reasons why... on 16:23 - Aug 26 with 2176 viewsDaleiLama

Next manager and reasons why... on 16:09 - Aug 26 by TVOS1907

Because we have allegedly missed out on these managers, the mentality is to automatically assume it's because we're a "basket case" or "in the sh1t" and nobody will want to manage us.

Nobody? Really?

Maybe, in the case of Alexander, he is settled north of the border after his Motherwell spell and wants to stay there.

In the cases of Artell and Askey, they could be making demands we can't or won't be able to support.

There could be a multitude of reasons why we haven't been able to arrange for our initial targets to join us.

"Missed out" and "turned down" are two completely different reasons for why the aforementioned allegedly haven't joined us, but unfortunately, those who revel in misery and negativity, and enjoy using derogatory phrases like "LAUGHING STOCK" to describe the club they claim they support, just can't or won't see it.

Thanks TVOS - I don't really do Facebook and I only tend to use Twitter as a news feed rather than getting involved in exchanges, so I've been spared most of that ....... I think the old adage "never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" was attributed to Mark Twain but it's perhaps even more pertinent now than it was then, in terms of some of those platforms and the trolls who dwell there.

Don't know about you but can't wait for this current spell to be handed down to the "chip paper" section of history, and we get on with trying to sort the team out and supporting the new manager in getting us back to something approaching an even keel.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Next manager and reasons why... on 16:29 - Aug 26 with 2124 viewsTVOS1907

Next manager and reasons why... on 16:16 - Aug 26 by NorthernDale

I fully support the board in what they have achieved, but we need a manager in and signings made by next Wednesday. To me, it is obvious that McNulty is not up to it, we need a manager to kick ar*e, rather feel sorry for the players, likes he keeps saying.

Tomorrow is a six pointer, lose and I fear for the future of the club.

I think we all know that; it's being said many times at the moment.

But whatever happens tomorrow won't dictate the future of the club; to say so is ludicrous. It's what happens over the next few weeks and months.

Next manager and reasons why... on 16:38 - Aug 26 with 2062 viewsfitzochris

Next manager and reasons why... on 14:36 - Aug 26 by IOMDale

FLW seems to get its exclusives from agents - they’re not always on the money (think Dean Campbell going to Stevenage in pre season) but the information they receive does seem to be correct at the time of tweeting.

Is it possible to knock back something you haven't been formally offered?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Next manager and reasons why... on 16:45 - Aug 26 with 2017 viewsNorthernDale

When I say 'I fear for the future of the club' , I refer to our league status, in that, if we are relegated, I cannot see us coming back into the EFL, this may be pessimistic, but also an honest assessment.

That is why I am worried about our position, in terms of points, the lack of a manager and the squad.
Next manager and reasons why... on 16:48 - Aug 26 with 1980 viewsfitzochris

Next manager and reasons why... on 16:09 - Aug 26 by TVOS1907

Nobody? Really?

Exactly this.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Next manager and reasons why... on 16:58 - Aug 26 with 1887 viewsTVOS1907

Next manager and reasons why... on 16:45 - Aug 26 by NorthernDale

When I say 'I fear for the future of the club' , I refer to our league status, in that, if we are relegated, I cannot see us coming back into the EFL, this may be pessimistic, but also an honest assessment.

That is why I am worried about our position, in terms of points, the lack of a manager and the squad.

But you said 'lose and I fear for the future of the club', with specific reference to tomorrow's game.

Next manager and reasons why... on 16:59 - Aug 26 with 1881 viewsQuigley_dale

I know the season started a week earlier than normal...but "6 pointers" in August!?
Next manager and reasons why... on 17:17 - Aug 26 with 1790 viewsBrierls

BV appear to have removed the Next Rochdale Manager market...
Next manager and reasons why... on 17:18 - Aug 26 with 1776 viewsNorthernDale

I do apologise, but if we lose tomorrow, the gap in points may be a struggle to recover and that will have a consequence for the club league status, whereas a win could lift a dark cloud and raise confidence. That is one reason, that tomorrows game is so important.
Next manager and reasons why... on 17:23 - Aug 26 with 1749 viewsTVOS1907

Next manager and reasons why... on 17:18 - Aug 26 by NorthernDale

I do apologise, but if we lose tomorrow, the gap in points may be a struggle to recover and that will have a consequence for the club league status, whereas a win could lift a dark cloud and raise confidence. That is one reason, that tomorrows game is so important.

But not the be all and end all, as you implied.

I agree, a win would lift a dark cloud, but by the same token, it still wouldn't remove further potential struggles as the season progresses.

As a comparison, Hartlepool United lost their first five games of 1989/90 (and had only two points after eight games), but finished the season in 19th place.

Ironically, one of their points was against us!
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 17:44]

Next manager and reasons why... on 17:26 - Aug 26 with 1743 viewsBrierls

Next manager and reasons why... on 17:18 - Aug 26 by NorthernDale

While I'm seriously worried about the start to the season and the manager situation...

WE ARE 2 POINTS FROM SAFETY!!!!!!!
Next manager and reasons why... on 17:31 - Aug 26 with 1702 viewsNewbury_Dale

David Unsworth has left Everton's academy in the hope of finding a manager's role. I think he would be an interesting candidate.
Next manager and reasons why... on 17:32 - Aug 26 with 1683 views442Dale

Next manager and reasons why... on 17:26 - Aug 26 by Brierls

While I'm seriously worried about the start to the season and the manager situation...

WE ARE 2 POINTS FROM SAFETY!!!!!!!

On the flip side we are FINISHED if we are relegated.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Next manager and reasons why... on 17:34 - Aug 26 with 1669 viewsBrierls

Next manager and reasons why... on 17:32 - Aug 26 by 442Dale

On the flip side we are FINISHED if we are relegated.

Apparently so.
Next manager and reasons why... on 17:35 - Aug 26 with 1655 viewsSuddenLad

Next manager and reasons why... on 17:31 - Aug 26 by Newbury_Dale

David Unsworth has left Everton's academy in the hope of finding a manager's role. I think he would be an interesting candidate.

He left Everton in April and still hasn't secured a manager's role. It's not like he's left Everton to accept an offer. Old news.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Next manager and reasons why... on 17:35 - Aug 26 with 1649 viewsQuigley_dale

Next manager and reasons why... on 17:23 - Aug 26 by TVOS1907

I agree, a win would lift a dark cloud, but by the same token, it still wouldn't remove further potential struggles as the season progresses.

As a comparison, Hartlepool United lost their first five games of 1989/90 (and had only two points after eight games), but finished the season in 19th place.

Speaking of Hartlepool and bad starts...The "Jamie Taylor match" sticks in my mind, as Hartlepool had a terrible start to that season also (95'96) didn't score in the first 4 games including the 4 - 0 reverse at Dale - which was the 4th game in their scoreless run.
Next manager and reasons why... on 17:40 - Aug 26 with 1628 views442Dale

Next manager and reasons why... on 17:23 - Aug 26 by TVOS1907

In 2016/17, our last decent season when we were fourth going into January, we didn’t win in the first seven games and had three points.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Next manager and reasons why... on 17:45 - Aug 26 with 1573 viewsTVOS1907

Next manager and reasons why... on 17:35 - Aug 26 by Quigley_dale

Speaking of Hartlepool and bad starts...The "Jamie Taylor match" sticks in my mind, as Hartlepool had a terrible start to that season also (95'96) didn't score in the first 4 games including the 4 - 0 reverse at Dale - which was the 4th game in their scoreless run.

Yep, although they beat Northampton the week after that game.

Next manager and reasons why... on 17:50 - Aug 26 with 1545 viewsrichfoad32

Next manager and reasons why... on 17:40 - Aug 26 by 442Dale

In 2016/17, our last decent season when we were fourth going into January, we didn’t win in the first seven games and had three points.

But looking at that team compared to this one, we had Hendo in his pomp, Mendez, Jamie Allen, Joe Raff, Rathbone, Lund, Conrad Logan, etc....
Next manager and reasons why... on 17:58 - Aug 26 with 1472 viewsQuigley_dale

Next manager and reasons why... on 17:50 - Aug 26 by richfoad32

But looking at that team compared to this one, we had Hendo in his pomp, Mendez, Jamie Allen, Joe Raff, Rathbone, Lund, Conrad Logan, etc....

Yes, but we was in the league above, with higher objectives than merely avoiding a relegation battle.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024