Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next manager and reasons why... 17:17 - Aug 18 with 77644 viewsSheffield_dale

Shame it didn't work for Robbie. IMO he didn't get the team prepared for the season and unfortunately deserves to go. I can understand what he wanted to achieve with the formation but didn't coach them well enough/quick enough to put it into action. We would be too far adrift before things clicked into place.

So, who do we want next.

I'll throw in a suggestion.

Dave Artell.

Steadily built up a Crewe team on a low budget and got promoted.

Not perfect by any means but he would be within our budget and has decent L2 experience and success.

Next manager and reasons why... on 14:49 - Aug 24 with 5330 viewsSuddenLad

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Next manager and reasons why... on 15:10 - Aug 24 with 5211 viewsDaleiLama

0 goals conceded from set pieces
Came back from 1 down
Scored 5
4 goals (that last bordering on indirectly) scored from set pieces

First team take note.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Next manager and reasons why... on 15:12 - Aug 24 with 5184 views442Dale

Next manager and reasons why... on 14:49 - Aug 24 by SuddenLad

His lad could play left back on Saturday then.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Next manager and reasons why... on 15:30 - Aug 24 with 5053 viewsrkershaw

Next manager and reasons why... on 15:12 - Aug 24 by 442Dale

His lad could play left back on Saturday then.

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1142102595?-1906:1007
Next manager and reasons why... on 16:32 - Aug 24 with 4705 viewsBrierls

Next manager and reasons why... on 15:30 - Aug 24 by rkershaw

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1142102595?-1906:1007

Well, that's not a denial!

(I'll take any positive possible re new manager!)
Next manager and reasons why... on 16:56 - Aug 24 with 4565 viewsSuddenLad

Story emerging that the first two candidates to be offered the job have turned it down. We'll soon find out, I guess.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Next manager and reasons why... on 17:13 - Aug 24 with 4484 viewsBrierls

Next manager and reasons why... on 16:56 - Aug 24 by SuddenLad

Story emerging that the first two candidates to be offered the job have turned it down. We'll soon find out, I guess.

I doubt we'll hear of any rejection officially, nor should we. It doesn't benefit Dale or whoever is appointed.

It does make me wonder how often average clubs in L1/L2 get their first (or second) choice, whether it be a player or manager.
Next manager and reasons why... on 18:01 - Aug 24 with 4180 viewsNewbury_Dale

Next manager and reasons why... on 16:56 - Aug 24 by SuddenLad

No foundation to this whatsoever
Login to get fewer ads

Next manager and reasons why... on 18:19 - Aug 24 with 4058 viewsJames1980

Next manager and reasons why... on 18:01 - Aug 24 by Newbury_Dale

No foundation to this whatsoever

If we assume that the comment is founded, Who is leaking this information?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Next manager and reasons why... on 19:01 - Aug 24 with 3836 viewsNorthernDale

I accept that we need to appoint the right manager, but at the same time, we need to appoint somebody soon, the deadline for signings is next Wednesday and we need bodies in. I suspect McNulty will be in charge on Saturday, playing the same useless team selection and formation, hoping that we manage at least a shot.

The rumours about the first two turning us down, may be based on mischievous people sh*t stirring with hidden or obvious blatant agenda's of destabilising the club. However on Tuesday, according to one poster, Graham Coughlan was waiting to see, if he had got the post. so rumours can be dangerous, if incorrect.
Next manager and reasons why... on 19:10 - Aug 24 with 3787 viewselectricblue

We assume that McNulty doesnt want the Job but you would think he would instill some passion into the team on match day.

No matter how bad its going the players need to put in some effort and pride as they are not doing themselves any favours in the shop window for future moves.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Next manager and reasons why... on 19:18 - Aug 24 with 3726 viewsBrierls

Next manager and reasons why... on 19:01 - Aug 24 by NorthernDale

I accept that we need to appoint the right manager, but at the same time, we need to appoint somebody soon, the deadline for signings is next Wednesday and we need bodies in. I suspect McNulty will be in charge on Saturday, playing the same useless team selection and formation, hoping that we manage at least a shot.

The rumours about the first two turning us down, may be based on mischievous people sh*t stirring with hidden or obvious blatant agenda's of destabilising the club. However on Tuesday, according to one poster, Graham Coughlan was waiting to see, if he had got the post. so rumours can be dangerous, if incorrect.

The Coughlan rumour, or more him being interviewed, is very easy to start.

I would expect Coughlan to apply for the job. He's an out of work manager and has been for 22 months (as a manager I mean, he's had a spell coaching at Sheffield United).

The fact that he was at Hillsborough last night means nothing. He lives in Sheffield and often takes in games.
Next manager and reasons why... on 19:41 - Aug 24 with 3550 viewsrichfoad32

Next manager and reasons why... on 19:01 - Aug 24 by NorthernDale

Is there anything left in the pot to get bodies in? We've recently had to pay off a managerial duo, not to mention that Stockdale spent quite liberally (by our standards) though I concede that this was offset by outgoings.
Next manager and reasons why... on 19:49 - Aug 24 with 3450 viewsSheffield_dale

Next manager and reasons why... on 19:18 - Aug 24 by Brierls

The Coughlan rumour, or more him being interviewed, is very easy to start.

I would expect Coughlan to apply for the job. He's an out of work manager and has been for 22 months (as a manager I mean, he's had a spell coaching at Sheffield United).

The fact that he was at Hillsborough last night means nothing. He lives in Sheffield and often takes in games.

Totally understandable that our first choice candidates mentioned either reject the offer or didn't want to apply in the first place. To be honest maybe we need to be more realistic and accept that a Coughlan-esque appointment is what we should expect. By that I mean a league 1/2 manager that's been out of the game for 18 months plus
[Post edited 24 Aug 2022 20:23]
Next manager and reasons why... on 19:54 - Aug 24 with 3408 views442Dale

Next manager and reasons why... on 19:49 - Aug 24 by Sheffield_dale

Totally understandable that our first choice candidates mentioned either reject the offer or didn't want to apply in the first place. To be honest maybe we need to be more realistic and accept that a Coughlan-esque appointment is what we should expect. By that I mean a league 1/2 manager that's been out of the game for 18 months plus

Unless Coughlan told someone how would anyone know enough to make it public? Similar to other rumours.

Next manager and reasons why... on 19:54 - Aug 24 with 3406 viewsTVOS1907

How can you assure us?

Sneaky edit there, SD.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2022 21:41]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Next manager and reasons why... on 20:17 - Aug 24 with 3273 viewsscarrow

You'd hope the club could go slightly above the likes of Coughlan - 2 poor managerial attempts.

Poll: Final position

Next manager and reasons why... on 20:20 - Aug 24 with 3240 views442Dale

Next manager and reasons why... on 20:17 - Aug 24 by scarrow

You'd hope the club could go slightly above the likes of Coughlan - 2 poor managerial attempts.

How was his record at Bristol Rovers poor? Won nearly half his games there and they were fourth in L1 when he left.

Next manager and reasons why... on 20:30 - Aug 24 with 3180 viewsBrierls

Next manager and reasons why... on 20:17 - Aug 24 by scarrow

Kinell. You’ll take some pleasing if you consider Coughlan’s spell at Bristol Rovers poor.
Next manager and reasons why... on 21:36 - Aug 24 with 2789 viewsjoecooke

Brent Peters not in the frame yet?

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Next manager and reasons why... on 22:11 - Aug 24 with 2588 viewsJames1980

Next manager and reasons why... on 21:36 - Aug 24 by joecooke

Brent Peters not in the frame yet?

How about Gannon?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Next manager and reasons why... on 22:18 - Aug 24 with 2547 viewsseasidedale

Next manager and reasons why... on 22:11 - Aug 24 by James1980

How about Gannon?

God no I’d rather have hill then gannon
Next manager and reasons why... on 22:21 - Aug 24 with 2517 views49thseason

Next manager and reasons why... on 19:41 - Aug 24 by richfoad32

Is there anything left in the pot to get bodies in? We've recently had to pay off a managerial duo, not to mention that Stockdale spent quite liberally (by our standards) though I concede that this was offset by outgoings.

Part of the Boards decision to sack Stockdale was predicated on last season, any Board assessing threats to the business this season would have foreseen the possibility of having to replace the manager. A prudent approach would be to keep some " rainy day money" in reserve in case a new manager were needed to cover the cost of paying out contracts and to allow a new man some flexibility to bring in new people. I doubt there is much of a war chest but I think there will be enough to bring in maybe one or two more players immediately... January may be a different story.
Next manager and reasons why... on 22:37 - Aug 24 with 2426 views49thseason

Being away from the gqme isnt neccessarily a bad thing, it allows batteries to recharge, the reconsideration of decisions and reformulation what works and what does not.
Anyone who is made redundant or dismissed will know that their next appointment has to be the right one, especially if there is little financial pressure for a while ( as in having their contract paid up) but eventually the itch to get back needs to be scratched. If we can get someone with a decent track record who has kept in touch with the game and his contacts and perhaps completed a few extra courses, length of time out of the game may not be detrimental to an appointment particularly if its measured in months not years.
Next manager and reasons why... on 23:29 - Aug 24 with 2263 viewsD_Alien

Next manager and reasons why... on 22:18 - Aug 24 by seasidedale

God no I’d rather have hill then gannon

You'd rather have Hill THEN Gannon? One after the other?

That's what your sentence means. What you actually meant of course is:

You'd rather have Hill than Gannon

No "grammar policing" here: it's about making sense rather than making a trivial point

Anyone else reading this who uses "then" when they mean "than", please take note

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024