Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Dickie the new Maguire? 11:22 - Sep 15 with 7359 viewsdermyqpr

Don't think he will walk straight back in once free of his injury. Thoughts?
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:25 - Sep 15 with 3746 viewsRangersw12

I think he's our best defender and the only one who brings the ball out confidently
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:28 - Sep 15 with 3723 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I prefer Dunn any day.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:29 - Sep 15 with 3707 viewsQPRSteve

I think we might well go for three at the back when all CBs are fit. Even if we stick with two, I'm sure there will be plenty of rotation. It's nice having four solid CBs.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:31 - Sep 15 with 3693 viewsJames_Paddocks

Dickie will come back in. He's a player we must continue to develop, and eventually sell.

Balogun looks a solid signing, but he's a 34 year old on a one year deal.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:33 - Sep 15 with 3669 viewsNorthernr

He'll be straight back in and so he should be. Best defender here, and most sellable asset among them.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:34 - Sep 15 with 3659 viewsTheChef

Don't know. I'm a big fan of Dickie but not sure he's been at the top of his game so far this season. A bit ponderous maybe? I did think he had been dropped for last night, rather than an injury issue.

You should always pick who is in form, I'd stick with Balogun and Dunne for Saturday.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:36 - Sep 15 with 3646 viewsfrancisbowles

We need to get another performance out of Balogun on Saturday, a man who just played his first 90 since May. If we do then, then Rob may have to fight for his place.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:39 - Sep 15 with 3633 viewsNorthernr

Saturday, ok. Game after, maybe fine. Balogun looked great last night.

I can't stress enough though that we cannot pick a 34-year-old centre back ahead of Dickie, Dunne or JCS regularly. Useful cover? Fine. Calming influence? Great. Good trainer, leader? Excellent. But if you are benching any of those three for him as a matter of course you're fcking the club every time you do so.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:39 - Sep 15 with 3632 viewsDTIG

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:34 - Sep 15 by TheChef

Don't know. I'm a big fan of Dickie but not sure he's been at the top of his game so far this season. A bit ponderous maybe? I did think he had been dropped for last night, rather than an injury issue.

You should always pick who is in form, I'd stick with Balogun and Dunne for Saturday.

Totally agree. To me he doesn't look anywhere near as confident with the ball at his feet coming out of defense this season, and when he does try to play an attacking pass he gives the ball away half the time. Ponderous is exactly the word.
I worry when Dickie has the ball....Dunne I don't
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:41 - Sep 15 with 3610 viewsQPR_Hibs

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:39 - Sep 15 by DTIG

Totally agree. To me he doesn't look anywhere near as confident with the ball at his feet coming out of defense this season, and when he does try to play an attacking pass he gives the ball away half the time. Ponderous is exactly the word.
I worry when Dickie has the ball....Dunne I don't

Dunne seems to know when to run with it, when to pass it or when to welly it.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:43 - Sep 15 with 3586 viewsNorthernr

I'm not getting the Dunne love TBH. I think he's been poor since the turn of the year. Was great second half last night but, like a few of them, a very ropey start. I like him in general, he should play ahead of Balogun for the reasons I've given, but he's not played well in 2022 and he's cost us quite a few goals.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:43 - Sep 15 with 3581 viewsdmm

Dunne's importance to us is underlined by being a genuine two footed player.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:55 - Sep 15 with 3516 viewsRangersw12

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:43 - Sep 15 by Northernr

I'm not getting the Dunne love TBH. I think he's been poor since the turn of the year. Was great second half last night but, like a few of them, a very ropey start. I like him in general, he should play ahead of Balogun for the reasons I've given, but he's not played well in 2022 and he's cost us quite a few goals.

I think Dunne gets a free pass on here because he beats his chest, loves a header and is Irish

I like him but he does need to work on his distribution, not panicking when ball is in the box ( he miskicks alot which has costs us goals) and general positional play
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:55 - Sep 15 with 3513 viewsJames_Paddocks

You get the feeling Mick just ain't having Dunne. It'll be JCS and Dickie, with Balogun as back up.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:58 - Sep 15 with 3483 viewsNorthernr

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:55 - Sep 15 by James_Paddocks

You get the feeling Mick just ain't having Dunne. It'll be JCS and Dickie, with Balogun as back up.

That's where I think he is too. Although as he says it's not much of an issue ATM because we can't get them all fit at the same time.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 12:11 - Sep 15 with 3403 viewsTacticalR

He underwent a big improvement after he arrived and stopped making basic errors (remember when he used to grab opposing forwards by the shoulder?).

Then he added another string to his bow when he started running up from the back.

Then last season when the team lost form, he lost form.

Hopefully he will get back to where he was.

Air hostess clique

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 12:11 - Sep 15 with 3394 viewsngbqpr

"It's a nice headache to have."

There you go.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 12:14 - Sep 15 with 3381 viewsParkRoyalR

Dickie's close control and ability to step forward with the ball is his real strength, this works well in a 3 but is a greater risk in a 2, which is why we are seeing less of him doing this,

In a 2, Dickie's lack of pace is arguably more exposed as his lack of physical presence / ability to dominate his man 1 on 1,

I get the stats will say otherwise and contact is contact but Dickie regularly fails to put distance on his headed clearances and they in effect become knock-downs / 2nd balls in the oppositions favour,

Like Dickie alot, but in the same way I had reservations about Barbet being physical enough in a Championship Centre Back pairing, feel the same about Dickie,

I've seen more goals conceded this season down to Dickie's lack of dominance where we have'nt made decent 1st contact on corners and long balls rather than mistakes from Dunne.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 12:32 - Sep 15 with 3290 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

The issue for me with Dickie is that he is quiet on the pitch. This is his 3rd season now, so I was expecting him to be bossing the backline but he doesn't seem to do it from where I am in the Upper Loft.
However, I'd still have him ahead of Dunne who makes me very nervous when he has the ball at his feet. Dunne is also guilty of making too many mistakes that are costly.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 12:39 - Sep 15 with 3230 viewsSuperhoop83

No.

Suffering since 1978.

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 12:41 - Sep 15 with 3210 viewsconnell10

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:55 - Sep 15 by Rangersw12

I think Dunne gets a free pass on here because he beats his chest, loves a header and is Irish

I like him but he does need to work on his distribution, not panicking when ball is in the box ( he miskicks alot which has costs us goals) and general positional play

Because he is Irish ???

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 12:44 - Sep 15 with 3191 viewsLblock

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:43 - Sep 15 by Northernr

Disagree - I think JD is the best CB we've got IF you're talking about pure defender.

The only thing he needs to work on is some 360 awareness as sometimes players can creep away from him and he ball watches a bit. Cardinal sin I know but it's not everytime and he's still pound for pound a brilliant CB.
I think if you asked him to head his way out of a 6 inch thick solid oak door he'd do it.

Balogun very impressive last night as well.
I think any of the other three would/will benefit from playing alongside him as he seems to talk his way through games and looked very authoritive last night.
I get how that playing could hold back other players BUT.... it can also help those he's playing with. Balancing act needed there.

Did hear that Dickie wasn't too impressed he didn't get to go to West Ham when they had a little sniff. He'd of been mad to go from a footballing sense but I suppose cash is king. Lots say Rob would struggle at Prem level due to a lack of pace but as his reading of the game improves so will his positioning and he'll cut it at that level. He's great.

As Mick says.... a fantastic quandry to have in who starts etc

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 13:06 - Sep 15 with 3083 viewspaulparker

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 11:39 - Sep 15 by Northernr

Saturday, ok. Game after, maybe fine. Balogun looked great last night.

I can't stress enough though that we cannot pick a 34-year-old centre back ahead of Dickie, Dunne or JCS regularly. Useful cover? Fine. Calming influence? Great. Good trainer, leader? Excellent. But if you are benching any of those three for him as a matter of course you're fcking the club every time you do so.

I get what your saying but if Balogun is the better player on form why should he be dropped
Yes we need to develop but if the aim is to finish as high as possible and if Beale wants play offs then you have to play your best team

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 13:12 - Sep 15 with 3053 viewsNorthantsHoop

Don't want to jinx it, but our defence is looking a lot stronger than I can remember since coming back to the Championship in 2015.
Is Dickie the new Maguire? on 13:16 - Sep 15 with 3026 viewsLogman

I think Dickie has been playing well this season. He's had a couple of lapses, as have all our defenders, but on balance I think he's made a good start to the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024