Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beale's bailing thread... 10:03 - Nov 21 with 160604 viewsdigswellhoop

so the manager will be li ked hope he stays

This post has been edited by an administrator
bronkhurst gone on 12:42 - Nov 27 with 2662 viewsAntti_Heinola

bronkhurst gone on 10:51 - Nov 27 by QPR_John

Can you explain how the club can hold him to his contract when it contains a release clause

Regardless of a release clause, anyone is allowed to resign from a contract, just as clubs are allowed to sack a manager whenever they want (with compo, obvs). A lot of this is just toys out of the pram from some fans. It’s poor from Beale, but very little the club can do. Some of the same fans coating Beale now about integrity would not have paid 2 seconds thought to the word if Beale had lost his first 6 games.

Bare bones.

bronkhurst gone on 13:13 - Nov 27 with 2433 viewsWegerles_Stairs

bronkhurst gone on 12:42 - Nov 27 by Antti_Heinola

Regardless of a release clause, anyone is allowed to resign from a contract, just as clubs are allowed to sack a manager whenever they want (with compo, obvs). A lot of this is just toys out of the pram from some fans. It’s poor from Beale, but very little the club can do. Some of the same fans coating Beale now about integrity would not have paid 2 seconds thought to the word if Beale had lost his first 6 games.

I disagree. We've had runs of several runs of six defeats in a row and the manager hasn't been sacked - didn't Ollie have two?

The fans are (quite rightly) pissed off at how Beale deceived us - he clearly knew the Rangers job was on when he turned down Wolves, so why come out with all that integrity bullshit? If you're leaving imminently, why say that as it makes you look like a dick?
The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:14 - Nov 27 with 2423 viewsNorthernr

Issue we've got now of course is his position here is basically untenable. Rangers know this, so no need for them to meet the release clause, which at the moment they haven't, so no permission granted. Could get very messy.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:16 - Nov 27 with 2404 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What’s the legality of appointing another manager and making Beale count paper clips until he goes?
The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:18 - Nov 27 with 2383 viewsThe_Beast1976

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:14 - Nov 27 by Northernr

Issue we've got now of course is his position here is basically untenable. Rangers know this, so no need for them to meet the release clause, which at the moment they haven't, so no permission granted. Could get very messy.

It's already a mess I'm afraid. The club should have come out right at the start and said he's going nowhere and there will be no permission to talk to anyone. End of. What Beale did after that would then have been all on him, possibly in breach of his contract if the release fee hadn't been met and permission not given
[Post edited 27 Nov 2022 13:21]
The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:18 - Nov 27 with 2391 viewsdanehoop

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:14 - Nov 27 by Northernr

I thought they had been granted permission, which means that they must have agreed to meet the release clause if they want him. If they hadnt agreed that up front I think we would have declined the approach. I may be being simplistic on that one, but that was my understanding of that process worked.

Never knowingly understood

bronkhurst gone on 13:18 - Nov 27 with 2393 viewsQPR_Jim

It's not so much about results, 6 losses on the trot and no performance would suggest something's not right, 6 losses which were tight but unlucky you could perhaps see some light. But that's not really the point.

The staff and players he's brought in don't deserve this. Those players won't have such an easy time jumping ship on their multi year contracts. He may offer some of his staff a job at GR but they may not fancy the upheaval so soon after joining a club. But for me, that's where he's loyalty is in question, not so much to the fans or the board which showed faith in him, but in the staff and players he brought here to help him build something, supposedly.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:18 - Nov 27 with 2393 viewsNorthernr

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:16 - Nov 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

What’s the legality of appointing another manager and making Beale count paper clips until he goes?

Well that's what Paladini did with Holloway isn't it? Stuck him on gardening leave for the Leicester thing and went with Waddock.
Login to get fewer ads

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:18 - Nov 27 with 2387 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:16 - Nov 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

He probably has more of an issue being unable to work elsewhere. Serves him right tbh.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:19 - Nov 27 with 2374 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:18 - Nov 27 by Northernr

Well that's what Paladini did with Holloway isn't it? Stuck him on gardening leave for the Leicester thing and went with Waddock.

It’s expensive but I’m sure the club would win the PR war.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:19 - Nov 27 with 2377 viewsNorthernr

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:18 - Nov 27 by danehoop

I thought they had been granted permission, which means that they must have agreed to meet the release clause if they want him. If they hadnt agreed that up front I think we would have declined the approach. I may be being simplistic on that one, but that was my understanding of that process worked.

That is how the process works, they made the approach yesterday, but no permission yet because they're trying to low ball it on the fee. Like really low ball it. Like... zero.

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:24 - Nov 27 with 2304 viewsThe_Beast1976

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:19 - Nov 27 by Northernr

That is how the process works, they made the approach yesterday, but no permission yet because they're trying to low ball it on the fee. Like really low ball it. Like... zero.

fcuk me, what a mess.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:25 - Nov 27 with 2292 viewsaston_hoop

I'm certainly no legal expert so forgive the naive question but can't Beale then just resign? Or would he have some clause stopping him from taking another job?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:29 - Nov 27 with 2234 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:25 - Nov 27 by aston_hoop

I'm certainly no legal expert so forgive the naive question but can't Beale then just resign? Or would he have some clause stopping him from taking another job?

Maybe he can resign whenever he wants but can’t join a new club within a certain amount of time.

Also not a legal expert 😆

Get Benny The Ball on it.
bronkhurst gone on 13:29 - Nov 27 with 2236 viewsessextaxiboy

Even if your last sentence is correct that would be about results not lies deception and disengenuity .

If he goes he has deceived us , the players he has brought in , the clubs who have loaned some of them , Wolves owners and supporters and our own board .

If he stays , he needs to get us promoted ... nothing less will do now
The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:29 - Nov 27 with 2235 viewsArcticHoop

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:25 - Nov 27 by aston_hoop

i was thinking about the same in another forum,but could it be that simple?
The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:40 - Nov 27 with 2156 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Surely they can stump up £1.5 million to get the man they've identified as their long-term manager? Are they really that skint?
The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:41 - Nov 27 with 2151 viewsNorthernr

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:40 - Nov 27 by Wegerles_Stairs

Surely they can stump up £1.5 million to get the man they've identified as their long-term manager? Are they really that skint?

Well they are a bit skint, but why would you pay £1.5m for something you think you can get for less?
The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:45 - Nov 27 with 2093 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:41 - Nov 27 by Northernr

Well they are a bit skint, but why would you pay £1.5m for something you think you can get for less?

Surely if a release clause exists, then the minute you approach a club for permission to speak to the player/manager, then the assumption is you will meet it?
The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:45 - Nov 27 with 2091 viewsdavman

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:40 - Nov 27 by Wegerles_Stairs

If PBBC wants the job, he can pay it. No doubt he can afford it and offset it against his wage demand.

But nah, not how it works. Even without an Agent, he'll know the score.

Fck him and fck them.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:47 - Nov 27 with 2073 viewsdistortR

Then they can use the £1.5m to come back for Paal or whoever, because they know the release clauses etc they've got.

Beale and GR are beneath contempt.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:54 - Nov 27 with 2019 viewscheeseydane

Look on the bright side. We might get a new manager bounce for a couple of games and tear Burnley apart.
Yeah ok... maybe not. 🙄.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:55 - Nov 27 with 2005 viewsKensalT

Rangers reached the group stage of the Champions League this season.

They got their arse handed to them week-in and week-out. But they were paid £13.5m for the privilege.

They're not skint. Just tight.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:56 - Nov 27 with 1988 viewsRangersw12

I don't understand their approach do they think we will sack him?
bronkhurst gone on 13:57 - Nov 27 with 1981 viewsAntti_Heinola

bronkhurst gone on 13:13 - Nov 27 by Wegerles_Stairs

I disagree. We've had runs of several runs of six defeats in a row and the manager hasn't been sacked - didn't Ollie have two?

The fans are (quite rightly) pissed off at how Beale deceived us - he clearly knew the Rangers job was on when he turned down Wolves, so why come out with all that integrity bullshit? If you're leaving imminently, why say that as it makes you look like a dick?

You're misundestanding what I said, though. My point is: fans don't give a sh!t about integrity when a manager is sacked. There were fans who suggested Beale should go after 4 games this season!
And I didn't say fans don't have a right to be p!ssed off - I'm p!ssed off! But that doesn't mean fans don't have extreme double standards. No fan gives a sh!t about contracts if they deem a player 'not good enough' - they just want them gone. There is no difference here between that and Beale leaving. I'm angry about it, but clubs will do exactly the same when it suits them. Ray Harford hadn't been at West Brom a year when we nicked him, for example. Did we worry about Harford's 'integrity'?
I absolutely agree Beale has handled it all badly, or at best naively, but fans screaming about integrity is a bit of a joke - especially at the club, where our fans are not exactly the most patient or understanding.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024