Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beale's bailing thread... 10:03 - Nov 21 with 160600 viewsdigswellhoop

so the manager will be li ked hope he stays

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Beale's bailing thread... on 17:35 - Nov 27 with 4942 viewsdmm

The Beale's bailing thread... on 17:25 - Nov 27 by Rangersw12

My response to that would be why didn't he say something earlier

Hopefully it will be irrelevant and he will be announced at G Rangers tomorrow
[Post edited 27 Nov 2022 17:26]

Yes, indeed, and I think there are plenty of people who'd challenge such a statement. After all, it's not only the clickbait sites that have been pushing stories about Beale and GR. The BBC, Sky Sports, The Daily Record, The Scottish Dail Express, The Daily Record, to name but some, have all been on this story for a good few days now.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 17:42 - Nov 27 with 4892 viewsBklynRanger

The Beale's bailing thread... on 17:35 - Nov 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Welcome to the board lads.

Or lad...
The Beale's bailing thread... on 18:39 - Nov 27 with 4489 viewsMungoJezza

As this latest sorry chapter in our beloved club's history drags on, I can't help feeling this is self-inflicted by the club and was so avoidable. With the financial constraints we have to work with, the only viable approach we can adopt is to aim for gradual season-on-season progress. This demands careful planning, sticking to said plan, patience and commitment, having key personnel with the right character in place.
Sorry to go over old ground, but Mark Warburton's tenure was a successful one by any metric. Yes, the team's form fell off a cliff during the second half of last season, but there were obvious and definite mitigating circumstances, and as far as not making enough use of players coming through the ranks, well the honest truth is that they're not good enough. Crucially, Warbs was keen to stick it out but the board decided to bin him.
Six months on and are we in a better overall postition? Sure, the squad is stronger in certain areas, but crucially we have fewer options up front, seemingly more sick notes, whilst retaining a weak underbelly and a lack of a winning mentality. Then we have a first team coach who is ready to bail after the first significant drop in form, someone who is only to keen to believe in his own hype and who clearly feels we are beneath him. I had a feeling that we would regret not sticking with Warbs....
Sir Les quite rightly bangs on about getting people in with the right character, so why is it we keep getting seduced by shysters like Mick Beale?!
The Beale's bailing thread... on 18:42 - Nov 27 with 4454 viewskensalriser

The Beale's bailing thread... on 16:58 - Nov 27 by DejR_vu

I guess that depends on the bigger picture and whether we are in agreement on your last point. In my opinion, we are a soft touch, run by people not fit for purpose, and everyone knows it. Making a stand would, at least, lay down a marker.

I think people need to ask wether all this crap that keeps happening is just an unfortunate coincidence.

Any examples from the last three years of how the club has been 'a soft touch'?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 18:44 - Nov 27 with 4423 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:19 - Nov 27 by Northernr

That is how the process works, they made the approach yesterday, but no permission yet because they're trying to low ball it on the fee. Like really low ball it. Like... zero.

The Beale's bailing thread... on 18:46 - Nov 27 with 4402 viewsdavman

Every now and then Newsnow seems to have a glitch and lists historic articles under "Latest" news. No idea whether that is an issue with Newsnow or with the outlets they get their articles from, but the fact that this has just popped up on their feed makes all this even more galling...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/decision-has-given-us-extra-belief-211022/

That was just over a month ago...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 18:49 - Nov 27 with 4362 viewshorshamHoop

I still think it is the boards fault for having a contract with a release clause that can be activated within the first year of his contract.

There should have been a stipulation that MB cannot bail until he has completed at least 1 year of his contract and the we would not be in this position now,

If he would not sigh such a contract, then don't take him on as the club and players he brings in need commitment of at least one year
The Beale's bailing thread... on 18:50 - Nov 27 with 4328 viewsHayesender

Mick Beales Wikipedia

Michael Beale (born 4 September 1980) is a disloyal, lying and hypocritical English football coach who is currently manager of EFL Championship side Queens Park Rangers for the next 6 weeks.

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

The Beale's bailing thread... on 18:57 - Nov 27 with 4233 viewscolinallcars

Maybe Beale didn't like the cheese at QPR
The Beale's bailing thread... on 19:02 - Nov 27 with 4188 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I cant believe some people on here believe that MB can stay after this, or that he hasn't instigated this whole saga.
Considering what he is doing I think most people on here are being very restrained. We had a cracking chance of playoffs minimum this season and he has decided that it's not for him.
The club must be strong and get that money for the release clause. Could be a interesting atmosphere if he is still with us come the Burnley game. 😂
The Beale's bailing thread... on 19:02 - Nov 27 with 4188 viewsdanehoop

The Beale's bailing thread... on 18:49 - Nov 27 by horshamHoop

I still think it is the boards fault for having a contract with a release clause that can be activated within the first year of his contract.

There should have been a stipulation that MB cannot bail until he has completed at least 1 year of his contract and the we would not be in this position now,

If he would not sigh such a contract, then don't take him on as the club and players he brings in need commitment of at least one year

Hindsight is a wonderful thing eh? Very much doubt that QPR felt that was an immediate risk for a new manager in his first job who was seemingly very keen on being part of the project.

The contract has to be one that both parties agree to and the clause covering compensation was apparently trebled after Beale's "Dances with Wolves" moment. They did a pretty reasonable job with that by the look of it as both a deterrent to any other suitors and to tie Beale in after his wobble.

Never knowingly understood

The Beale's bailing thread... on 19:06 - Nov 27 with 4163 viewsCamberleyR

The Beale's bailing thread... on 17:04 - Nov 27 by rocknroland

Agree. Everything is speculation. If anything, all this nonsense might make his mind up for him. So far, he has done nothing but keep quiet - exactly the same as last time when it transpired he had not spoken to Wolves despite everyone assuming otherwise. Peace.

Is this you as well Mick?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 19:13 - Nov 27 with 4084 viewsLoyalitat

The Beale's bailing thread... on 18:39 - Nov 27 by MungoJezza

As this latest sorry chapter in our beloved club's history drags on, I can't help feeling this is self-inflicted by the club and was so avoidable. With the financial constraints we have to work with, the only viable approach we can adopt is to aim for gradual season-on-season progress. This demands careful planning, sticking to said plan, patience and commitment, having key personnel with the right character in place.
Sorry to go over old ground, but Mark Warburton's tenure was a successful one by any metric. Yes, the team's form fell off a cliff during the second half of last season, but there were obvious and definite mitigating circumstances, and as far as not making enough use of players coming through the ranks, well the honest truth is that they're not good enough. Crucially, Warbs was keen to stick it out but the board decided to bin him.
Six months on and are we in a better overall postition? Sure, the squad is stronger in certain areas, but crucially we have fewer options up front, seemingly more sick notes, whilst retaining a weak underbelly and a lack of a winning mentality. Then we have a first team coach who is ready to bail after the first significant drop in form, someone who is only to keen to believe in his own hype and who clearly feels we are beneath him. I had a feeling that we would regret not sticking with Warbs....
Sir Les quite rightly bangs on about getting people in with the right character, so why is it we keep getting seduced by shysters like Mick Beale?!

This. Great post.
Sometimes, the steady state as offered by Warburton trumps something seemingly more appealing and enticing. Coventry City had no hesitation in correctly extending Robbins' contract after many years of continued good service: steady state. We should have done the same with Warbs.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 19:26 - Nov 27 with 3983 viewsNorthernr

The Beale's bailing thread... on 18:49 - Nov 27 by horshamHoop

He probably wouldn’t have come without it. He already told them he wouldn’t come if Dieng, Chair or Willock were going this season. QPR Is not an attractive proposition atm. Anybody coming in needs to find us £10m+ in the next two transfer windows or it’s points deduction time a year or so from now.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 19:29 - Nov 27 with 3947 viewsNorthernr

Even now ppl believing he didn’t speak with Wolves. Priceless.
No wonder you can make so much money selling used cars.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 19:30 - Nov 27 with 3932 viewsNorthernr

The Beale's bailing thread... on 17:16 - Nov 27 by The_Beast1976

What would make it even more interesting is if he stays and says something like "I never spoke to GR, nor did the club agree that I could. Neither I nor the club have ever said otherwise. It's all just media speculation and conjecture. Nothing has changed in the last few weeks and I shall be continuing with what I have started here, as was always the plan"

Then what? I mean, it's not like the media don't have form for this kind of thing is it....
[Post edited 27 Nov 2022 17:19]

How many times are you going to let this guy lie to you and accept it because he’s not a newspaper?
The Beale's bailing thread... on 19:47 - Nov 27 with 3770 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

The Beale's bailing thread... on 19:26 - Nov 27 by Northernr

He probably wouldn’t have come without it. He already told them he wouldn’t come if Dieng, Chair or Willock were going this season. QPR Is not an attractive proposition atm. Anybody coming in needs to find us £10m+ in the next two transfer windows or it’s points deduction time a year or so from now.

I think the phrase is "we're fu#@ed". Beale realises he ain't getting promoted this season, the team will be sold off in the summer and then what. Rather than wait, he is jumping now.
What I find really annoying is he would have known all this before he signed, so why bother?
The Beale's bailing thread... on 20:01 - Nov 27 with 3604 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Wait - I thought the collective geniuses running the club had everything in hand? Well, I never.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 20:05 - Nov 27 with 3564 viewsRangersw12

That's ridiculous as we need to sell one of Willock, Chair or Dieng so stupid of the club to agree to it

This sounds similar to the Hughes appointment by the day in that he interviewed us than the other way round

I hope when he goes tomorrow your leaving piece will reveal all these little things warts and all
The Beale's bailing thread... on 20:15 - Nov 27 with 3412 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Beale's bailing thread... on 20:01 - Nov 27 by Wegerles_Stairs

Wait - I thought the collective geniuses running the club had everything in hand? Well, I never.

Keeping the club afloat is having everything in hand for 90% of football clubs sadly.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 20:18 - Nov 27 with 3374 viewsgazza1

Whilst I never thought he would leave QPR for Wolves, probably wrongly for the wrong reasons but in fact he didn't, I believe he will be offered the job and he will leave us and sign for Glasgow Rangers - it just to big an opportunity not to take. He could return and sign some of our players too which is a big concern. There is very little loyalty in the game now, its all about themselves.

My worries are about how the players will take it, how they deal with the situation that they find themselves in, especially, the players that MB has brought into the club.

We will see and I hope I have got it all wrong but I am rather shocked, in some ways, that Glasgow Rangers have come in for him because he hasn't really set the world alight, just about done ok, as a No1.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 20:28 - Nov 27 with 3278 viewsBklynRanger

The Beale's bailing thread... on 18:44 - Nov 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Couldn't that direct contact just be an endlessly repeating version of:

"You have to pay the release clause",
“But we don't want to",
"Yeah but you have to"...
The Beale's bailing thread... on 20:48 - Nov 27 with 3104 viewsNorthernr

The Beale's bailing thread... on 20:05 - Nov 27 by Rangersw12

That's ridiculous as we need to sell one of Willock, Chair or Dieng so stupid of the club to agree to it

This sounds similar to the Hughes appointment by the day in that he interviewed us than the other way round

I hope when he goes tomorrow your leaving piece will reveal all these little things warts and all

5,500 words of it currently. We’re not in a good spot.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 20:58 - Nov 27 with 3022 viewsR_from_afar

The Beale's bailing thread... on 20:01 - Nov 27 by Wegerles_Stairs

That's the spirit

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Beale's bailing thread... on 21:18 - Nov 27 with 2808 viewsStanisgod

I bet the half season tickets are going well 😁😁

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024