Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beale's bailing thread... 10:03 - Nov 21 with 160599 viewsdigswellhoop

so the manager will be li ked hope he stays

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Beale's bailing thread... on 21:34 - Nov 27 with 5278 viewsdistortR

The Beale's bailing thread... on 20:48 - Nov 27 by Northernr

5,500 words of it currently. We’re not in a good spot.

The Beale's bailing thread... on 21:46 - Nov 27 with 5142 viewsbosh67

The great shame of this is that although a lot of people feel that the recent run of poor results is to do with him not being focussed on us after the Wolves approach I don't really buy it. Teams have poor runs and we have been depleted. Had he come out when the first press knocking came out and said to them I refer you to the answer I gave 4 weeks ago then this would have been defused quickly and I actually think we would have kicked on. Why not see if you can get us to play-offs or better in a full season? Prove something. Prove you are good enough.

For me I really have thought he has been improving from what Warbs left behind, but because of the way it has been handled if he turns around and says, I'm staying again he has lost so much support from the fanbase and that won't do the team any good. He obviously has a lot of skill as a coach but my only fear has been that this would be a one year thing unless we got promoted. That has started to feel obvious recently.

As I say, it is a shame because from doing the right thing last time his total lack of communication with the fans on this has kind of made his position untenable, even if most of this has been press hype. Not sure what happens if he doesn't get or take the job now. Where do we stand? Where does the club stand? Would be impossible to put him on garden leave. Would cost too much.

There was a big article in a paper earlier. I don't like the press much but this was really damning of his behaviour on this and sadly some of it is starting to ring true, even with me. A great shame. He should have been flattered and used that to really prove a point here this season, which he really could have done.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 22:04 - Nov 27 with 4941 viewsDorse

The Beale's bailing thread... on 20:48 - Nov 27 by Northernr

5,500 words of it currently. We’re not in a good spot.

You poor bastard. On the bright side, there's always, er... hang on... no, wait, I can get this.

Let me get back to you.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Beale's bailing thread... on 22:53 - Nov 27 with 4618 viewsNorthernr

The Beale's bailing thread... on 22:56 - Nov 27 with 4579 viewsLblock

The Beale's bailing thread... on 22:53 - Nov 27 by Northernr

So long Leon Brittan

“I wouldn’t have left for any other club, this is a special place”

Crash
And
Burn
You
Mother

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Beale's bailing thread... on 23:22 - Nov 27 with 4345 viewsSonofpugwash

Beale's Wiki page has come under attack I believe..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Filr-DkWQAAiSQi?format=jpg&name=medium

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 23:56 - Nov 27 with 4163 viewsstainrods_elbow

The Beale's bailing thread... on 23:22 - Nov 27 by Sonofpugwash

Beale's Wiki page has come under attack I believe..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Filr-DkWQAAiSQi?format=jpg&name=medium

So much for him managing his brand (and the supposed democracy of Wikipedia). Whether this goes through or not, he's been clearly holed! Meanwhile, as a mere fan, what I'm worrying about is the impact on our trough-sunken team when we all get back to playing football.

[Post edited 28 Nov 2022 0:11]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The Beale's bailing thread... on 00:33 - Nov 28 with 4080 viewscharmr

Surely worth considering that he may have thought QPR wasn’t the gig for him or the gig wasn’t what it turned out to be and either not what was promised or promoted.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2022 1:27]
Login to get fewer ads

The Beale's bailing thread... on 06:12 - Nov 28 with 3658 viewsconnell10

The Beale's bailing thread... on 00:33 - Nov 28 by charmr

Surely worth considering that he may have thought QPR wasn’t the gig for him or the gig wasn’t what it turned out to be and either not what was promised or promoted.

Nope and don't call me Shirley.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 06:14 - Nov 28 with 3651 viewsNorthantsHoop

Things don't work out for people sometimes, or they work it to their own advantage. I think he knew the score at QPR, put down some of his own markers, got the team up and running and has used it to his advantage, it all probably came sooner than he planned. There are positives, we are in a decent league position, competitive etc, get compensation from Glasgow Rangers. Major negative which cannot go away unless promoted are the financial constraints. I still think we are an attractive club, moving in the right direction, get the managerial appointment right like we did with Warburton and Beale to a certain extent and we will be looking up again.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 06:18 - Nov 28 with 3625 viewsSimplyNico

It will be interesting to see if he is the next Pep or the next Paul Clement
The Beale's bailing thread... on 07:03 - Nov 28 with 3438 viewsLoftgirl

The Beale's bailing thread... on 06:18 - Nov 28 by SimplyNico

It will be interesting to see if he is the next Pep or the next Paul Clement

I am usually reluctant to wish ill on anyone but in this instance I hope he falls flat on his lumpy face.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 07:13 - Nov 28 with 3382 viewsnix

What, and he couldn't have just stuck it out until the end of the season? Apart from the fact I don't believe that for a minute, as I think Les and the Board were totally honest about the financial situation and the issues at the club.

There are three things that make this pretty unacceptable to me:

The fact he only had to stick it out for another five months and he would have been thanked by most of the fans for giving us a season.

The fact he talked about integrity, when it was actually more likely, 'f*ck, we're top of the league, we've maybe got a chance here to make me look good, and Wolves are a bit of a basket case that might make me look bad'.

The fact he schmoozed those players into uprooting their lives when he was going to be the first one to abandon the 'Project', leaving us with a bunch of over-promised, disaffected young guys.

Anyhow, I just hope it's over today because his position is untenable with the fans who've given him the benefit of the doubt from day one but only have so much patience.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 07:43 - Nov 28 with 3241 viewstraininvain

Maybe he didn’t like the food at the training ground canteen.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 07:46 - Nov 28 with 3199 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Beale's bailing thread... on 22:53 - Nov 27 by Northernr

We got our asking price so.

Well done, (our) Rangers.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Beale's bailing thread... on 08:03 - Nov 28 with 3050 viewsCFW

The past few months have not been great for the club, players and supporters. When MW was let go I was disappointed but could fully appreciate that it was time for change. Mark left out club with his head held high, he did his very best right to the end, did not slag off the club and left with dignity which, to be fair was typical of him as a man.

I thought we would then get caught up in the 'manager merry-go-round' these people who go from club to club without any real end result. So, I was very pleased when we tried something different, we gave a young experienced coach (but not an experienced manager) his first job in charge.

It should be remembered that he jumped ship with Stevie G to go to Villa so if if was that well thought of at Rangers why did they not ask him to stay at that time? Beale is no fool and could see quite clearly that whilst SG was a great player, he was/is an awful manager and his days were numbered at Villa.

So the chance to get his first opportunity to be number one at a club obviously appealed. The club and board backed him and we managed to bring in a few loan players. Some have done very well, others not so well. He had a good run and took us to the top of the Championship, that really turned his head and he got caught up in his own hype.

And so the sorry saga started - the Wolves debacle - he clearly lied out of his back teeth but to be fair both he and the club did not handle that situation very well. So, finally after what seamed ages "Wolvesgate' was finally put to bed. He and the club finally made a statement which we all hoped would finally end all the speculation and we could look forward to the rest of the season.

Given our performance away to Birmingham it was then very odd that he would even think of going to Scotland to watch Rangers? He obviously knew the manager was on thin ice and whilst we have no proof whatsoever, clearly he made it clear that he would be up for the job.

I sincerely hope today he goes and we can rid our club of a man who has no moral compass whatsoever and we can finally put this sorry tale behind us once and for all. Perhaps he will find out the hard way what it is like to be in the ring with the big boys, Rangers are not in great shape at the moment, no money and way behind Celtic. Wonder how long he can bullshit them until he gets moved on, at that point good luck to him trying to explain his conduct.

Horrible, lying, selfish individual.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 08:19 - Nov 28 with 2911 viewsdmm

The Beale's bailing thread... on 07:13 - Nov 28 by nix

What, and he couldn't have just stuck it out until the end of the season? Apart from the fact I don't believe that for a minute, as I think Les and the Board were totally honest about the financial situation and the issues at the club.

There are three things that make this pretty unacceptable to me:

The fact he only had to stick it out for another five months and he would have been thanked by most of the fans for giving us a season.

The fact he talked about integrity, when it was actually more likely, 'f*ck, we're top of the league, we've maybe got a chance here to make me look good, and Wolves are a bit of a basket case that might make me look bad'.

The fact he schmoozed those players into uprooting their lives when he was going to be the first one to abandon the 'Project', leaving us with a bunch of over-promised, disaffected young guys.

Anyhow, I just hope it's over today because his position is untenable with the fans who've given him the benefit of the doubt from day one but only have so much patience.

You know nix, it's a tad worse than that.

Many believe, including Clive I think, that the reason he turned down Wolves was that he knew he was going to be in line for the GR job. If that's true, and I can quite easily believe it, it makes his integrity and loyalty speech even more insincere. He lied through his back teeth.

I wouldn't trust him to make a cup of tea.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 08:23 - Nov 28 with 2895 viewsnix

The Beale's bailing thread... on 08:19 - Nov 28 by dmm

You know nix, it's a tad worse than that.

Many believe, including Clive I think, that the reason he turned down Wolves was that he knew he was going to be in line for the GR job. If that's true, and I can quite easily believe it, it makes his integrity and loyalty speech even more insincere. He lied through his back teeth.

I wouldn't trust him to make a cup of tea.

You're right DMM it does make it worse...
The Beale's bailing thread... on 08:27 - Nov 28 with 2855 viewsdavman

If that is really the case, then I'd only suggest that he is not very clever or not as connected as he claims. Everyone should know the true situation at QPR; it is hardly football's best kept secret.

As with everything, there will be those that spin this as the QPR Board's fault; this one is not; it is all of Mr. Honesty and Integrity, the PBBC.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 08:28 - Nov 28 with 2832 viewstkqpr

It seems we got our asking price rumoured to be £1.5 million (release clause) but didnt we pay Villa £600-750k for his initial release?

So its not like we made a £1.5m out of him, but that wont stop some fans from saying "why dont we spend the £1.5m we got for Beale" come January.

Seems Beale has been "released" more times than Joey Barton!!
The Beale's bailing thread... on 08:29 - Nov 28 with 2816 viewsolderR

Please tell me I misheard Talksport say the comp is 1.5 mill.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 08:39 - Nov 28 with 2716 viewsdmm

The Beale's bailing thread... on 08:29 - Nov 28 by olderR

Please tell me I misheard Talksport say the comp is 1.5 mill.

That's the widely reported figure. In fact, I don't think I've seen any other amount mentioned.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 08:52 - Nov 28 with 2606 viewsHayesender

Well I hope when the club do make a statement regarding him leaving, there's none of that thanking him, wishing him well etc.

Treat him with the disdain he has treated our club

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The Beale's bailing thread... on 08:56 - Nov 28 with 2519 viewsSakura

That can't be true. It's been reported he was in contract extension negotiations when Glasgow Rangers approached. Also as has been said his thinking to turned Wolves down.

Let's not always try and blame our club. The guy is just a d*ckhead

It is an absolute touch to get £1.5m for him and be rid of him. He's clearly good on the training ground. But as a manager making decisions pre and in game it's clear there's loads of managers better than him out there.

I genuinely think he's a bit sh*t as a manager. When he came up against a good manager like Corberan with West Brom. They absolutely battered us. Tactically he had his pants pulled down. He froze in that game. Made subs way too late. Like the knackered Tim staying on till 85th. That was the game my opinion of him really changed and I saw through him but warning signs were there sooner

Teams had figured out. Press our full backs and crowd Willock and Chair. We were done and he could/did not adjust.

If we were to lose our next game against Burnley we will be lower in the league after that then when he took over. That Huddersfield game was just embarrassing. He didn't have a scooby

Needs to go off to Scotland and just be a flat track bully with one difficult game a season. I'm delighted he's gone and we're getting money. £1.5m is good. Villa have just paid £5m for Emery and he's won how many European cups.

Where as Beale underachieved with this team in his short time as a manager. Willock's hot streak where every long range shot he took went in temporarily made Beale look a better manager than he is
[Post edited 28 Nov 2022 8:58]
The Beale's bailing thread... on 08:58 - Nov 28 with 2512 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think a lot of his behaviour can be put down to naivety, inexperience and/or differing standards, so there's a lot of it I find myself unable to assess properly, and reluctant to condemn.

However, there are two things that I find hard to square, to understand:

1) He started meeting Wolves thirteen weeks after signing his first managerial contract. Thirteen weeks. And he may have met Stoke prior to that.

Now, perhaps he felt that he'd been sold a pup here, that the players weren't as good as he'd been led to believe, or that there wasn't as much money as he'd believed. But, football is a small industry, so i'm not sure I'm buying that he didn't know that.

So, I'm left with "thirteen weeks - everyone deserves more loyalty than that".

2) After deciding against Wolves, he gave it the big speech about loyalty and integrity, about no direct contact, about not having an agent. I found that disappointing and insulting. If he was an adult and treated us like adults he could have said "yes, I met them, but I'm staying here and looking forward to it" and I think we would have been fine with that. But the self-aggrandising and bullshítting speech insulted us all, and made a fool out of himself.

All in all, while we await Clive's report with interest, it's hard to defend or understand Beale. Integrity is how morality performs under pressure. In these instances, when Beale's morality came under pressure, it was found badly wanting.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2022 9:03]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024