Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beale's bailing thread... 10:03 - Nov 21 with 160603 viewsdigswellhoop

so the manager will be li ked hope he stays

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Beale's bailing thread... on 15:26 - Nov 27 with 3445 viewsDejR_vu

The Beale's bailing thread... on 15:19 - Nov 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Don’t get me wrong, while I’d like to see him have his nuts smeared in jam and then forced to sit on a wasps nest, spite is expensive.

Get him out the cheapest and quickest way and get whoever we need to get in, in.

Then we can sing about his paternal heritage and self abuse habits v Burnley.

Couldn’t disagree more Bazza. Make a stand, send a message to other clubs that they can’t take the P1ss any more. And, most importantly, protect your assets. Watch him walk out the door and tap-up Andy Belk.

Put him on gardening leave for the remainder of his contract. I don’t think any reasonable person, looking at working at QPR in the future, would consider that unreasonable. We don’t do it all the time, but are prepared to do do if someone takes the p1ss, it will deter p1ss-takers.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 15:45 - Nov 27 with 3302 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:57 - Nov 27 by Rangersw12

Surely if we haven't allowed them permission to speak him until they meet the release clause suggests we are playing hardball

Edit Quoted wrong person 🤦‍♂️
[Post edited 27 Nov 2022 15:09]

To think tapping up/talks don't take place is naive. GR by the sound of it, want him and he now wants them.

Reality is: if QPR don't want him to go but he does, or even QPR bow to the inevitable and say you can go early, the situation is that because Beale wants to terminate his contract early, then either he or GR need to comply with clause X of Beale's contract with QPR that requires sum X to be paid to QPR as compensation.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 15:46 - Nov 27 with 3290 viewsdmm

The Beale's bailing thread... on 15:26 - Nov 27 by DejR_vu

Couldn’t disagree more Bazza. Make a stand, send a message to other clubs that they can’t take the P1ss any more. And, most importantly, protect your assets. Watch him walk out the door and tap-up Andy Belk.

Put him on gardening leave for the remainder of his contract. I don’t think any reasonable person, looking at working at QPR in the future, would consider that unreasonable. We don’t do it all the time, but are prepared to do do if someone takes the p1ss, it will deter p1ss-takers.

I don't quite see how taking your approach would benefit QPR. If MB wants to leave and GR has met the release clause there's nothing the board can do to stop him from leaving.

If that's not the case and we put him on gardening leave for 2.5 years, we'd have to employ another manager thereby pissing a load of money up the wall.

I'm all for protecting our assets but can't see how your suggestions do that.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 15:50 - Nov 27 with 3234 viewsDejR_vu

The Beale's bailing thread... on 15:46 - Nov 27 by dmm

I don't quite see how taking your approach would benefit QPR. If MB wants to leave and GR has met the release clause there's nothing the board can do to stop him from leaving.

If that's not the case and we put him on gardening leave for 2.5 years, we'd have to employ another manager thereby pissing a load of money up the wall.

I'm all for protecting our assets but can't see how your suggestions do that.

I was talking about GR not paying the agreed sum under the release clause.

They shouldn’t be granted permission to speak to him unless they agree to pay it. MB shouldn’t be talking to them without permission. If all that’s in order, fine, we just have to suck it up. If it’s not he should be put on Gardening Leave.

The Beale's bailing thread... on 15:52 - Nov 27 with 3217 viewsHoosWho

Wow - so much venom.

Seems to me there has been nothing but speculation built on media rumour. All we know for a fact is that he went to a Rangers match.

If he or the club are guilty of anything, it’s failing to issue a firm press release one way or the other. This has just allowed the rumour mill to fester.

Some of the comments on here, based on what little fact we actually know, are appalling in my humble opinion.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 15:53 - Nov 27 with 3187 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The Beale's bailing thread... on 15:00 - Nov 27 by Wegerles_Stairs

I wouldn't mind putting him on gardening leave for the next couple of years.

He could hone that presentation of his.

That wouldn't happen.

As I mentioned earlier: a GL clause has to be within the employment contract before the employer can activate it.

Traditionally it is used for key employees who are in possession of key client/trade secrets. After they resign, the employer activates the GL clause which means the employee serves out their notice period at home. The employee is not supposed to work for another employer and the old employer uses the notice period to shore up clients/trade secrets and stop the departing employee from learning more information.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 15:55 - Nov 27 with 3155 viewsDejR_vu

The Beale's bailing thread... on 15:52 - Nov 27 by HoosWho

Wow - so much venom.

Seems to me there has been nothing but speculation built on media rumour. All we know for a fact is that he went to a Rangers match.

If he or the club are guilty of anything, it’s failing to issue a firm press release one way or the other. This has just allowed the rumour mill to fester.

Some of the comments on here, based on what little fact we actually know, are appalling in my humble opinion.

I would have said the Chairman ‘liking’ a tweet criticising the manager says rather a lot, even if that button should never have been pressed.

The Beale's bailing thread... on 15:58 - Nov 27 with 3130 viewsDejR_vu

The Beale's bailing thread... on 15:53 - Nov 27 by PlanetHonneywood

That wouldn't happen.

As I mentioned earlier: a GL clause has to be within the employment contract before the employer can activate it.

Traditionally it is used for key employees who are in possession of key client/trade secrets. After they resign, the employer activates the GL clause which means the employee serves out their notice period at home. The employee is not supposed to work for another employer and the old employer uses the notice period to shore up clients/trade secrets and stop the departing employee from learning more information.

Surely a professionally run football club would have incorporated the contractual terms necessary to protect itself, whatever those terms might be 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

The Beale's bailing thread... on 15:58 - Nov 27 with 3132 viewsArcticHoop

i guess he will be at the training tomorrow . that will be awkward to everyone
The Beale's bailing thread... on 16:11 - Nov 27 with 3022 viewsMelakaRanger

Wow - so much venom.

That’s my concern. There has been so much bitter narrative from “some fans” that even if he had decided against talking to GR he might now be of the opinion that “the fans” don’t want him and due to this , at times vitriol, he decides to leave even though he didn’t want to. In effect a small minority of fans have pushed him to leave.

Having said the above, he could have nipped this all in the bud by making a statement 48 hrs ago.

By not doing so he has simply poured petrol on the flames.

Sadly, one way or another I think he’ll be gone soon. If not GR then at the end of this season
The Beale's bailing thread... on 16:11 - Nov 27 with 3011 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Beale's bailing thread... on 15:26 - Nov 27 by DejR_vu

That sounds very expensive paying two managers at the same time.

Doesn’t really stop it happening again either.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 16:13 - Nov 27 with 3001 viewsQPROslo

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:56 - Nov 27 by davman

Huh?

As far as I can see, Sir Les has not simply said "you are free to leave". He has been quoted as saying, "we won't stay in his way if he really doesn't want to be here" or words to that effect, absolutely no indication if that means "no worries, mate, you can go for nowt".

The ONLY person here who is out of order is the PBBC.

You are clearly letting your prejudice against the board get in the way here. I get that they have made cock ups, but we are in the right direction since the Warburton appointment.

Yes. I heard Les mutter something about compensation after saying we wouldn't stop Beale talking to GR.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 16:25 - Nov 27 with 2896 viewsloftboy

Wow - so much venom.

Mick is that you!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The Beale's bailing thread... on 16:30 - Nov 27 with 2831 viewskensalriser

Whatever happens the club can't allow Beale to go to another club without the compensation clause being met. That would set a very poor precedent.

Harry Kane is still at Spurs and currently the second highest scorer in the division.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 16:39 - Nov 27 with 2751 viewscharmr

The fact that we have heard nothing from anyone really doesn’t heed or help the process of reactions on here. It Just let’s the mud slinging perpetuate especially in the football related media.

Personally for anyone to think Rangers FC would invite him to the Aberdeen game and not get any sense of how he felt about his future would be nieve.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2022 16:41]
The Beale's bailing thread... on 16:41 - Nov 27 with 2728 viewsHoosWho

The Beale's bailing thread... on 15:55 - Nov 27 by DejR_vu

I would have said the Chairman ‘liking’ a tweet criticising the manager says rather a lot, even if that button should never have been pressed.

Not sure we know for a fact it was Amit responding, my understanding is that such social media accounts are easy to replicate.

We should be as wary of what is posted on here as is put on any of the rag media. For instance, on planet LFW, Amit is a billionaire, when in the real world he is actually the ex-son in law of a billionaire. His worth is not remotely that of his former in-laws.

It is rumoured Amit was allegedly given the QPR role to keep him employed and away from the core Mittal family business, that too could be BS, of course.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 16:46 - Nov 27 with 2669 viewsHoosWho

The Beale's bailing thread... on 16:11 - Nov 27 by MelakaRanger

That’s my concern. There has been so much bitter narrative from “some fans” that even if he had decided against talking to GR he might now be of the opinion that “the fans” don’t want him and due to this , at times vitriol, he decides to leave even though he didn’t want to. In effect a small minority of fans have pushed him to leave.

Having said the above, he could have nipped this all in the bud by making a statement 48 hrs ago.

By not doing so he has simply poured petrol on the flames.

Sadly, one way or another I think he’ll be gone soon. If not GR then at the end of this season

I agree, the silence has done nothing to assist and the position could be fast becoming untenable.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 16:51 - Nov 27 with 2619 viewsDejR_vu

The Beale's bailing thread... on 16:41 - Nov 27 by HoosWho

Not sure we know for a fact it was Amit responding, my understanding is that such social media accounts are easy to replicate.

We should be as wary of what is posted on here as is put on any of the rag media. For instance, on planet LFW, Amit is a billionaire, when in the real world he is actually the ex-son in law of a billionaire. His worth is not remotely that of his former in-laws.

It is rumoured Amit was allegedly given the QPR role to keep him employed and away from the core Mittal family business, that too could be BS, of course.

There’s a photo of his verified account and the ‘Like’. It could have been photoshopped I guess, but I think that’s highly unlikely, particularly as, given the sensitivity of the situation, if it wasn’t genuine Amit would have said as much, rather than staying quiet and pouring petrol in the burning bin hurtling down the hill.

The Beale's bailing thread... on 16:58 - Nov 27 with 2541 viewsDejR_vu

The Beale's bailing thread... on 16:11 - Nov 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

That sounds very expensive paying two managers at the same time.

Doesn’t really stop it happening again either.

I guess that depends on the bigger picture and whether we are in agreement on your last point. In my opinion, we are a soft touch, run by people not fit for purpose, and everyone knows it. Making a stand would, at least, lay down a marker.

I think people need to ask wether all this crap that keeps happening is just an unfortunate coincidence.

The Beale's bailing thread... on 17:04 - Nov 27 with 2466 viewsrocknroland

Wow - so much venom.

Agree. Everything is speculation. If anything, all this nonsense might make his mind up for him. So far, he has done nothing but keep quiet - exactly the same as last time when it transpired he had not spoken to Wolves despite everyone assuming otherwise. Peace.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 17:07 - Nov 27 with 2425 viewsBklynRanger

The Beale's bailing thread... on 16:41 - Nov 27 by HoosWho

I think the vast majority of people on here know that Amit is the son in law, not the billionaire - though ex-son in law, didn't know that bit I must admit. Must buy Heat magazine more often.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 17:16 - Nov 27 with 2322 viewsThe_Beast1976

The Beale's bailing thread... on 17:04 - Nov 27 by rocknroland

Agree. Everything is speculation. If anything, all this nonsense might make his mind up for him. So far, he has done nothing but keep quiet - exactly the same as last time when it transpired he had not spoken to Wolves despite everyone assuming otherwise. Peace.

What would make it even more interesting is if he stays and says something like "I never spoke to GR, nor did the club agree that I could. Neither I nor the club have ever said otherwise. It's all just media speculation and conjecture. Nothing has changed in the last few weeks and I shall be continuing with what I have started here, as was always the plan"

Then what? I mean, it's not like the media don't have form for this kind of thing is it....
[Post edited 27 Nov 2022 17:19]
The Beale's bailing thread... on 17:19 - Nov 27 with 2298 viewsHoosWho

The Beale's bailing thread... on 17:07 - Nov 27 by BklynRanger

I think the vast majority of people on here know that Amit is the son in law, not the billionaire - though ex-son in law, didn't know that bit I must admit. Must buy Heat magazine more often.

Possibly more truth to be found on there about MB than on this thread.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 17:25 - Nov 27 with 2239 viewsRangersw12

The Beale's bailing thread... on 17:16 - Nov 27 by The_Beast1976

What would make it even more interesting is if he stays and says something like "I never spoke to GR, nor did the club agree that I could. Neither I nor the club have ever said otherwise. It's all just media speculation and conjecture. Nothing has changed in the last few weeks and I shall be continuing with what I have started here, as was always the plan"

Then what? I mean, it's not like the media don't have form for this kind of thing is it....
[Post edited 27 Nov 2022 17:19]

My response to that would be why didn't he say something earlier

Hopefully it will be irrelevant and he will be announced at G Rangers tomorrow
[Post edited 27 Nov 2022 17:26]
The Beale's bailing thread... on 17:35 - Nov 27 with 2138 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Beale's bailing thread... on 17:04 - Nov 27 by rocknroland

Welcome to the board lads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024