Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beale's bailing thread... 10:03 - Nov 21 with 160393 viewsdigswellhoop

so the manager will be li ked hope he stays

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Beale's bailing thread... on 08:59 - Nov 28 with 3268 viewsdaveB

The Beale's bailing thread... on 00:33 - Nov 28 by charmr

Surely worth considering that he may have thought QPR wasn’t the gig for him or the gig wasn’t what it turned out to be and either not what was promised or promoted.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2022 1:27]

he's only been here 5 minutes
The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:02 - Nov 28 with 3242 viewsdaveB

The Beale's bailing thread... on 08:58 - Nov 28 by BrianMcCarthy

I think a lot of his behaviour can be put down to naivety, inexperience and/or differing standards, so there's a lot of it I find myself unable to assess properly, and reluctant to condemn.

However, there are two things that I find hard to square, to understand:

1) He started meeting Wolves thirteen weeks after signing his first managerial contract. Thirteen weeks. And he may have met Stoke prior to that.

Now, perhaps he felt that he'd been sold a pup here, that the players weren't as good as he'd been led to believe, or that there wasn't as much money as he'd believed. But, football is a small industry, so i'm not sure I'm buying that he didn't know that.

So, I'm left with "thirteen weeks - everyone deserves more loyalty than that".

2) After deciding against Wolves, he gave it the big speech about loyalty and integrity, about no direct contact, about not having an agent. I found that disappointing and insulting. If he was an adult and treated us like adults he could have said "yes, I met them, but I'm staying here and looking forward to it" and I think we would have been fine with that. But the self-aggrandising and bullshítting speech insulted us all, and made a fool out of himself.

All in all, while we await Clive's report with interest, it's hard to defend or understand Beale. Integrity is how morality performs under pressure. In these instances, when Beale's morality came under pressure, it was found badly wanting.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2022 9:03]

For someone who claims to know inside out every player in the league I can't buy that he didn't know how good our players were, he said he watched all the games from last season so that would have given him a clue
The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:04 - Nov 28 with 3219 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:02 - Nov 28 by daveB

For someone who claims to know inside out every player in the league I can't buy that he didn't know how good our players were, he said he watched all the games from last season so that would have given him a clue

I agree, Dave. If that were to be one of his defences, then I wouldn't buy it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:07 - Nov 28 with 3177 viewsStanFan

The Beale's bailing thread... on 08:58 - Nov 28 by BrianMcCarthy

I think a lot of his behaviour can be put down to naivety, inexperience and/or differing standards, so there's a lot of it I find myself unable to assess properly, and reluctant to condemn.

However, there are two things that I find hard to square, to understand:

1) He started meeting Wolves thirteen weeks after signing his first managerial contract. Thirteen weeks. And he may have met Stoke prior to that.

Now, perhaps he felt that he'd been sold a pup here, that the players weren't as good as he'd been led to believe, or that there wasn't as much money as he'd believed. But, football is a small industry, so i'm not sure I'm buying that he didn't know that.

So, I'm left with "thirteen weeks - everyone deserves more loyalty than that".

2) After deciding against Wolves, he gave it the big speech about loyalty and integrity, about no direct contact, about not having an agent. I found that disappointing and insulting. If he was an adult and treated us like adults he could have said "yes, I met them, but I'm staying here and looking forward to it" and I think we would have been fine with that. But the self-aggrandising and bullshítting speech insulted us all, and made a fool out of himself.

All in all, while we await Clive's report with interest, it's hard to defend or understand Beale. Integrity is how morality performs under pressure. In these instances, when Beale's morality came under pressure, it was found badly wanting.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2022 9:03]

Spot on!

Unfortunately this is going to get messy. Once he's at GR he is going to try to justify himself which will mean plenty of sh!t coming in the direction of our club. This will be a 3rd point to add to your list.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:12 - Nov 28 with 3081 viewsHayesender

That's the first I've heard of him meeting Stoke Brian!

We really are better off without him

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:13 - Nov 28 with 3073 viewsdaveB

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:04 - Nov 28 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree, Dave. If that were to be one of his defences, then I wouldn't buy it.

It's a shame as he had a chance to build something here but has seemed to have itchy feet from day one
The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:16 - Nov 28 with 3032 viewshubble

The Beale's bailing thread... on 08:27 - Nov 28 by davman

If that is really the case, then I'd only suggest that he is not very clever or not as connected as he claims. Everyone should know the true situation at QPR; it is hardly football's best kept secret.

As with everything, there will be those that spin this as the QPR Board's fault; this one is not; it is all of Mr. Honesty and Integrity, the PBBC.

"As with everything, there will be those that spin this as the QPR Board's fault; this one is not; it is all of Mr. Honesty and Integrity, the PBBC."

Or is it? According to this article: https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/11/28/rangers-michael-beale-qpr-job/

"Sky Sports claim that Beale has wanted to become Rangers manager for some time and that QPR were made aware of that dream when they appointed him over the summer.

Beale seemingly told QPR that if Rangers came calling, it was a move he would be very keen to make.

QPR accepted that as they gave him the job but surely didn’t expect the move to happen so quickly."

So, if the board *did* know that this scenario was lurking in the background, do they have to bear some of the blame? Were they so wowed by Beale that they ignored the warning signs? We'll probably never know the full story, but... oh gawd, like so many of you have said, it just seems so QPR. Just a couple of short months ago we were riding high on adrenalin and expectation as we stormed up the league and now look at us. Not quite back to square one, because whatever we think about MB, that he has improved the squad, but still in a bit of a mess.

But you never know - things often turn out very differently from what we expect, and maybe his departure will be a blessing in disguise and lead us to a new manager who really *is* right for this club. For some reason, I feel strangely optimistic on a Monday morning!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:24 - Nov 28 with 2937 viewsWatfordR

I've deliberately avoided the forum since the WC break started, and with all this ongoing nonsense, I think that's probably been a good move.

I have to say I find MB's behaviour a bit unhinged tbh. Can't see how the way he's behaved enhances his reputation in football circles in any way. I know everyone talks about the lack of loyalty in football, but I can't recall many instances like this. He's been a manager for five minutes, but all of a sudden he feels he's entitled to do what he wants as and when he wants with no regard for the club that employs him, and more particularly the players he's signed.

Fine, some might point to how little loyalty he would be shown if the club sacks him, but he's going to get a pay off in that instance. What does the club get out of this? Compo maybe but think also about the cost to the club of signing the players he wanted, who will no doubt be unsettled now.

Very very poor behaviour I think, not particularly sensible, and as I mentioned at the top, not just a little bit irrational.
Login to get fewer ads

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:27 - Nov 28 with 2892 viewsE15Hoop

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:16 - Nov 28 by hubble

"As with everything, there will be those that spin this as the QPR Board's fault; this one is not; it is all of Mr. Honesty and Integrity, the PBBC."

Or is it? According to this article: https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/11/28/rangers-michael-beale-qpr-job/

"Sky Sports claim that Beale has wanted to become Rangers manager for some time and that QPR were made aware of that dream when they appointed him over the summer.

Beale seemingly told QPR that if Rangers came calling, it was a move he would be very keen to make.

QPR accepted that as they gave him the job but surely didn’t expect the move to happen so quickly."

So, if the board *did* know that this scenario was lurking in the background, do they have to bear some of the blame? Were they so wowed by Beale that they ignored the warning signs? We'll probably never know the full story, but... oh gawd, like so many of you have said, it just seems so QPR. Just a couple of short months ago we were riding high on adrenalin and expectation as we stormed up the league and now look at us. Not quite back to square one, because whatever we think about MB, that he has improved the squad, but still in a bit of a mess.

But you never know - things often turn out very differently from what we expect, and maybe his departure will be a blessing in disguise and lead us to a new manager who really *is* right for this club. For some reason, I feel strangely optimistic on a Monday morning!

Clive will soon cure that, Hubble! 5500 words, which is what he's up to now, apparently, doesn't sound like he's going to be saying: "don't panic, Mr Mainwaring.."
The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:31 - Nov 28 with 2827 viewsHayesender

Just been announced on ssn that Neil Banfield will also be joining him at GR, wilt Paul Hull taking training a QPR

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:32 - Nov 28 with 2811 viewsHayesender

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:31 - Nov 28 by Hayesender

Just been announced on ssn that Neil Banfield will also be joining him at GR, wilt Paul Hull taking training a QPR

Which has now got me thinking that they'll be coming back to us in January to try and get Willock on the cheap

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:33 - Nov 28 with 2801 viewsBuckR

Fcuk him! Hes hardly Pep is he

Whoever comes in next should get the players thinking they need to prove him wrong and go all out for promotion to make him look even more of knob then he is - lets use this to our advantage
The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:34 - Nov 28 with 2782 viewsloftus77

Yep - all really dispiriting - but this is the line that is going to be spun by all parties, I'm sure.

This is an idea that Beale HAS shown integrity all along - its just that, even in the cold world of modern football, GRangers were always the one (and only...) 'special, heart-felt, emotional, exception' all along to the project he was committed to at the Real Rangers, and our club knew this and accepted this. What could anyone do? C'est la vie.

Hmm.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:39 - Nov 28 with 2734 viewsNW10Hoop

I Just want him gone now.

We've got a good little squad here, there's no reason we can't still push for the playoffs.... unless we decide to loan our best to Celtic for the rest of the season.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:41 - Nov 28 with 2708 viewsDieByYourSide

You can take the bloke out of Chelsea but you can't take the Chelsea out of the bloke.

Poll: And it's hi ho

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:42 - Nov 28 with 2701 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:32 - Nov 28 by Hayesender

Which has now got me thinking that they'll be coming back to us in January to try and get Willock on the cheap

A blow to lose Banfield, Hayes, but I wouldn't worry about them coming back for Willock. They haven't much cash, Willock would hardly fancy settling for them and also, the more clubs that want him the better for us.

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:45 - Nov 28 with 2639 viewsPlanetHonneywood

If the GR job is his dream job and he raised it from the outset, then so be it. QPR may and justifiably so, have proceeded on the basis that GVB wouldn't get sacked so early in the season given the relative success he'd enjoyed. But hey, it's football, this crap happens.

Yes I'm disappointed in MB, and he really doesn't come out of this well. However, it has/is happening and it seems that it was a permutation that was considered, but I don't blame the board. They took a calculated gamble that has worked out in its own way. Which is encouraging of itself and I'm reasonably confident that they've got a decent process to find another replacement. And as has been stated, we're not a bad proposition for a number of touted successors for which MW and MB have played their roles.

I can understand the reluctance of GR fans, but MB really has little wriggle room to get it wrong. It's arguably a poisoned chalice of a job: lose your dead; win and so what, its Scotland!

But seems like he's not our problem anymore and I'm no more bothered by Scottish football today then I was this time last week. Good luck to our board and trust they can make another solid appointment

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:53 - Nov 28 with 2559 viewsslmrstid

I don't think we need worry about him coming back for any of our good players to go to Rangers - I'm not going to try and argue Rangers aren't a bigger club than than us because they are - but the league is not by a million miles and I'd be surprised if they pay that much bigger wages than we do in the Championship either.

Willock/Chair/Dieng et al are going to have no interest in moving to Glasgow to be playing Hearts/Hibernian/Kilmarnock/St Johnstone all the time - it would be a backward move for all of them when they want to play in the Premiership here.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 10:00 - Nov 28 with 2454 viewssoops

The warning lights were flashing early on when he said on more than one occasion that he was "more than ready" to take the QPR manager position. Inferring he was bigger than us anyway. Arrogant twunt / Mark Hughes wannabe.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 10:00 - Nov 28 with 2450 viewsloftus77

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:53 - Nov 28 by slmrstid

I don't think we need worry about him coming back for any of our good players to go to Rangers - I'm not going to try and argue Rangers aren't a bigger club than than us because they are - but the league is not by a million miles and I'd be surprised if they pay that much bigger wages than we do in the Championship either.

Willock/Chair/Dieng et al are going to have no interest in moving to Glasgow to be playing Hearts/Hibernian/Kilmarnock/St Johnstone all the time - it would be a backward move for all of them when they want to play in the Premiership here.

You're forgetting the tantalising incentive of Ross County, the Buddies or the chance to grace the turf of the Tony Macaroni Arena. Massive draw for 'em.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 10:01 - Nov 28 with 2438 viewsdaveB

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:16 - Nov 28 by hubble

After he told the club 5 weeks ago he was loyal and wouldn't be leaving I'm not sure you can blame them for this. Stoke and Wolves were not his dream jobs but he had a good sniff around those.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 10:03 - Nov 28 with 2421 viewsBerkoRanger

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:33 - Nov 28 by BuckR

Fcuk him! Hes hardly Pep is he

Whoever comes in next should get the players thinking they need to prove him wrong and go all out for promotion to make him look even more of knob then he is - lets use this to our advantage

Certainly agree with this fighting talk, BuckR.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 10:04 - Nov 28 with 2408 viewssprocket

The Beale's bailing thread... on 10:01 - Nov 28 by daveB

After he told the club 5 weeks ago he was loyal and wouldn't be leaving I'm not sure you can blame them for this. Stoke and Wolves were not his dream jobs but he had a good sniff around those.

He's been a manger for 5 minutes and very well maybe the next Pep but FFS it's become very tiresome now. We move on, get a new coach and continue dreaming.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 10:04 - Nov 28 with 2402 viewsMaggsinho

The Beale's bailing thread... on 10:01 - Nov 28 by daveB

That's the second time Stoke has been mentioned, what's the story there?
The Beale's bailing thread... on 10:06 - Nov 28 with 2363 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Beale's bailing thread... on 10:04 - Nov 28 by Maggsinho

That's the second time Stoke has been mentioned, what's the story there?

Read somehwhere that he might have met Stoke as well, prior to meeting Wolves. Can't find the source, though, hence I'm not swearing on it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024