Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Renewal? 21:11 - Mar 21 with 6704 viewsMrSheen

1) Only if we stay up
2) Only if we go down
3) Either way
4) No fckng chance

More inclined towards 2 myself if anything. Not sure I can bear watching us at this level too often.
Season Ticket Renewal? on 11:26 - Mar 22 with 2503 viewsngbqpr

Suspect we'll renew 2 of our 4 and share them more - less to do with the football / division, more with the fact that none of us will be living within 100 miles of the ground by early next season.

Clinging onto hopes of 'Gareth's Cave'.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Season Ticket Renewal? on 11:33 - Mar 22 with 2469 viewsjoe90

Personally I've always enjoyed the mid week games with lower attendance. Always felt the crowd was better. Next season I'm guessing all those who renew will be those types so count me in!

Happy for the fair weather fans to stay at home.
Season Ticket Renewal? on 11:35 - Mar 22 with 2469 viewsenfieldargh

3. its what I do

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Season Ticket Renewal? on 11:50 - Mar 22 with 2418 viewsNorthernr

Season Ticket Renewal? on 11:35 - Mar 22 by enfieldargh

3. its what I do

Plus you get the spectacle of my mind slowly unravelling before you.
Season Ticket Renewal? on 12:07 - Mar 22 with 2322 viewsRangersw12

I'm in for the long haul 😕
Season Ticket Renewal? on 12:12 - Mar 22 with 2295 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I'm 4.

Only because my son is off to Uni though, else I'd of been 3. Cant afford Uni costs and QPR, gutted.
It will be nice to go to the odd game though with him during half terms etc.
Season Ticket Renewal? on 12:46 - Mar 22 with 2224 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Season Ticket Renewal? on 11:33 - Mar 22 by joe90

Personally I've always enjoyed the mid week games with lower attendance. Always felt the crowd was better. Next season I'm guessing all those who renew will be those types so count me in!

Happy for the fair weather fans to stay at home.

The only fairweather fans we have are those who pop up when we reach a play-off final. I think anyone who has been going for the last decade, even semi-regularly, is a proper fan. It's not like we've been competing for anything, even the fourth round of the cup.

Not everyone can afford a season ticket - without a discount, our season tickets are pretty expensive in comparison to other clubs, including Premier League ones, and the RoI on them this season must be close to zero.
Season Ticket Renewal? on 13:14 - Mar 22 with 2231 viewsjoe90

Season Ticket Renewal? on 12:46 - Mar 22 by Wegerles_Stairs

The only fairweather fans we have are those who pop up when we reach a play-off final. I think anyone who has been going for the last decade, even semi-regularly, is a proper fan. It's not like we've been competing for anything, even the fourth round of the cup.

Not everyone can afford a season ticket - without a discount, our season tickets are pretty expensive in comparison to other clubs, including Premier League ones, and the RoI on them this season must be close to zero.

I get what your saying in relation to my post.

What I'm actually talking about (and should have said in my post) is an attitude towards attending games. That's what I mean when talking about 'fair weather' fan.

I fully appreciate not everyone can attend games or may not even want to. The key difference for me is the attitude some fans have when the chips are down.

To give one example; Last season, Fulham at home. Had a fella sat behind me, never seen him before. The entire game he's trying to get songs started and moaning when people don't join in. As the game goes on he starts berating other fans for making the atmosphere rubbish. Not seen him since his big day out. People like that I'd gladly never see at Loftus Road.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2023 13:17]
Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Renewal? on 13:27 - Mar 22 with 2210 viewsthame_hoops

Season Ticket Renewal? on 12:46 - Mar 22 by Wegerles_Stairs

I can afford a ST but i pick and choose games depending on my mood, date, travel etc, Team form/what div we are in doesn't come into it. much happier doing this method.
When i had a ST in upper loft i felt obliged to get to every game, became a chore.
Although this year i have purchased tickets for 3 games and then not made it due to train strikes/M4O troubles
Season Ticket Renewal? on 17:22 - Mar 26 with 1949 viewsPinnerPaul

3 for me
Season Ticket Renewal? on 18:09 - Mar 26 with 1877 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Season Ticket Renewal? on 08:27 - Mar 22 by Esox_Lucius

Mine's on auto renew so I will be there.

Same (3).

Good to take a break though.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2023 18:32]
Season Ticket Renewal? on 19:05 - Mar 26 with 1805 viewsCiderwithRsie

Season Ticket Renewal? on 10:09 - Mar 22 by Northernr

Yeh, I'll pop down every now and again I suppose.

We have players like that.
Season Ticket Renewal? on 19:18 - Mar 26 with 1785 viewsNorthantsHoop

Yes will renew, but may start to go to more Northampton Town games in the future, good vibe there and especially once my grandson is old enough to go to games.
Season Ticket Renewal? on 19:39 - Mar 26 with 1766 viewsNoelmc

3 for me too.

It's hard to break a habit I've had for most of my lifetime. Also, as others have mentioned it's not just about the football it's about the people you sit with and those you meet in the pub pre-match. I missed that camaraderie so much during Covid and I'd not want to experience it again.

As an aside I have a couple of friends who were long-term Arsenal season ticket holders who gave them up in recent years when the Club was struggling compared to the early Wenger years. Both absolutely gutted this season as they can't get tickets for their games even though they are members. Both wished they had held on to their season tickets.
Season Ticket Renewal? on 20:27 - Mar 26 with 1721 viewsJames_Paddocks

3. I still enjoy the buzz of match day and live football.
Season Ticket Renewal? on 22:24 - Mar 26 with 1658 viewscolinallcars

I think the last day in April is the last day for early bird applications. Maybe an announcement after the Wigan game.
Me, I'll renew while blood still courses through my ever-narrowing veins.
“By Jupiter Watson, there'll be the deuce to pay if we don't renew”.
Season Ticket Renewal? on 10:04 - Mar 27 with 1526 viewsrobith

I've always been 3, but am leaning towards 2 at the moment.

I've bored everyone enough about struggling to go without Dad. And I can deal with us being bad. But this year I haven't been able to keep the usual lid on how being bad effects my day to day life. I open twitter and it serves me nothing but "sack the board" posts. I got for pints after games about by pint 3, the point at which I just want to chat shit, everyone's debating Les' role and director of football models. At work it's like people seek me out to talk about how bad we are.

I swear it wasn't like this during even the Redknapp days. Maybe I'm a casual, but I like to go to games, have a laugh, post some opinions online on occasion. The way the negativity seems to permeate outwards at the moment is not for me.

During the World Cup, I found I actually enjoyed not going and it took months for me to go back. I worry the summer will have the same effect for me. But if we went down I feel like I'd actually have to keep going. Don't know why? Think it would be proving something. To who I don't know
Season Ticket Renewal? on 10:51 - Mar 27 with 1475 viewsterryb

Season Ticket Renewal? on 19:39 - Mar 26 by Noelmc

3 for me too.

It's hard to break a habit I've had for most of my lifetime. Also, as others have mentioned it's not just about the football it's about the people you sit with and those you meet in the pub pre-match. I missed that camaraderie so much during Covid and I'd not want to experience it again.

As an aside I have a couple of friends who were long-term Arsenal season ticket holders who gave them up in recent years when the Club was struggling compared to the early Wenger years. Both absolutely gutted this season as they can't get tickets for their games even though they are members. Both wished they had held on to their season tickets.

" Also, as others have mentioned it's not just about the football it's about the people you sit with and those you meet in the pub pre-match. I missed that camaraderie so much during Covid and I'd not want to experience it again. "

This will be a major factor for myself. Five of us meet in the pub (2 from Ipswich, I from Warwickshire, I from North Bucks & I from South London) & if three of the others renew I definitely will, but if it's just down to a couple of us, thought will have to be given. Three of us only pay the discounted senior price, so that won't be part of my consideration unless they still try to charge Premier prices for League 1 football. I can't imagine being a regular again without this companionship!

What might make a difference though, is the amount of weekends that RailTrack dig up the track & use bus replacement services. Not anything the club can do about this, but it doesn't help customer satisfaction!
Season Ticket Renewal? on 11:23 - Mar 27 with 1453 viewslondonscottish

I'll keep mine.

Not sure about my son's though. He's off travelling now will be off to uni in September.

My daughter and my wife are making noises about using it but I'm not convinced that they'd make more than a handful of games.

I'll test their dedication between now and the end of the season.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Season Ticket Renewal? on 16:20 - Mar 27 with 1350 viewsnumptydumpty

Season Ticket Renewal? on 11:23 - Mar 27 by londonscottish

I'll keep mine.

Not sure about my son's though. He's off travelling now will be off to uni in September.

My daughter and my wife are making noises about using it but I'm not convinced that they'd make more than a handful of games.

I'll test their dedication between now and the end of the season.

I did get a reasonable slice of the QPR bond issue so am obviously committed to the club.

Had season ticket for last five or six seasons after a few years nor due to money and personal circumstances but yes can afford it.

Thought about not renewing as its around 14 to 15 games, is it that if you attend less, financially worse off.

I usually miss around four or five home games for variety reasons but sure will renew if only because am now used to where I am sitting and the people around me, we all console ourselves at our awful performances and say it can't get any worse then turn up the next week and it frigging does !!

Probably three games in, I will be questioning my sanity but that will make Jack Sh*t of difference....

As they say, you get less of a sentence for murder !!!

Being a follower of QPR is a far from stable experience!!!!
[Post edited 27 Mar 2023 16:23]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Season Ticket Renewal? on 14:18 - Mar 29 with 1190 viewskingsburyR

No whispers when the club will be brave enough to release info?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Season Ticket Renewal? on 14:32 - Mar 29 with 1163 viewsPaddyhoops

3. Midweek games are a killer especially when you’ve been whacked.
I work in London most of the time . It’s a case of finish work . Travel back to Watford. Then back into London and back to Watford again. Although oddly some of our finest nights are when there’s a half empty Loftus road In midweek.
I’ll keep coming regardless of what division we’re in .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024