Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Play Off Thread 19:08 - Apr 29 with 33595 viewsToast_R

Might as well take an interest, its actually more interesting this season then previous ones with the emergence of Luton, Coventry and Millwall having a go. No Norwich or any of the other Yo-Yo clubs as yet.
Hoping West Brom don't sneak in as I'm rather looking forward to them going into a financial mess.

Like to see Coventry go up. Unpopular opinion I know but also think it would be good for football if Luton win the ultimate prize and get in the big time with their hammer and nails stadium.
The Play Off Thread on 19:14 - Apr 29 with 9856 viewsLanhoop

Boro for me. Some reward for Gibson fighting long and hard against Mel "got them on strings".
The Play Off Thread on 19:15 - Apr 29 with 9848 viewsHAYESBOY

I don't think we will make it..............

Smells like a trout farm in here

The Play Off Thread on 19:45 - Apr 29 with 9798 viewsToast_R

True that.
The Play Off Thread on 19:58 - Apr 29 with 9768 viewsLimehouseR

I don't know about anyone else but in a season where it looks like 71/72 points would have got you in the playoffs we really really had a shocking fall from grace. A mediocre second half of the season probably would have had us pretty close to the top 6. A missed opportunity with the apparent 'talent' we had.

Also if we win the last game we were actually pretty close to our standard 16th place. Just a bit more drama either side of that coveted position this time round...
The Play Off Thread on 20:15 - Apr 29 with 9727 viewsLazyFan

Luton going up would be funny. Proper dreck ground and big prem stars must play in it every week!

Millwall going up is good for us as then they can bid more money for Dykes, who we have to sell. Might even get £3m-4m for him if they get promoted.

zzzzzzzzzz

The Play Off Thread on 20:35 - Apr 29 with 9685 viewskensalriser

The Play Off Thread on 20:15 - Apr 29 by LazyFan

Luton going up would be funny. Proper dreck ground and big prem stars must play in it every week!

Millwall going up is good for us as then they can bid more money for Dykes, who we have to sell. Might even get £3m-4m for him if they get promoted.

The only possible premier league destination for Dykes is north of the border.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Play Off Thread on 11:17 - May 9 with 9396 viewsToast_R

So Luton v Sunderland and Coventry v Middlesboro.

I'd like to see Coventry win that but I think we all know its going to be a Sunderland v Boro final with Sunderland going up and setting in place this season's Nottingham Forest style media w@ankfest. Can see it now.
The Play Off Thread on 11:25 - May 9 with 9343 viewsCamberleyR

The Play Off Thread on 11:17 - May 9 by Toast_R

So Luton v Sunderland and Coventry v Middlesboro.

I'd like to see Coventry win that but I think we all know its going to be a Sunderland v Boro final with Sunderland going up and setting in place this season's Nottingham Forest style media w@ankfest. Can see it now.

Yep.

Cue hearing:
"Sunderland's marvellous, passionate fans"
"Stadium of Light deserves Premier League football"

ad nauseam..

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

The Play Off Thread on 11:27 - May 9 with 9316 viewsLongsufferingR

Coventry would be most deserving imo but how can you predict a winner out of those four?
The Play Off Thread on 11:29 - May 9 with 9305 viewsTonto

i look at this more as a "which of those teams will collapse and be potential relegation fodder next year", and those are the teams I dont want to go up. Boro and Sunderland have some money. Coventry and Luton dont. Given money = success, i suppose i want one of the monied teams to go up as we couldn't challenge them anyway.

bit harsh, but next year will be a struggle.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

The Play Off Thread on 11:30 - May 9 with 9286 viewsTheChef

The Play Off Thread on 11:27 - May 9 by LongsufferingR

Coventry would be most deserving imo but how can you predict a winner out of those four?

True - that's the beauty of the playoffs! I think stats suggest it's quite rarely the team finishing 3rd that does it, often the teams 5th or 6th who tend to be finishing the season strongly.

Would love Sunderland to do it, but don't think they're ready at all for the level above.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The Play Off Thread on 11:34 - May 9 with 9268 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Boro are probably favourites but it just goes to show what bullshit has been swallowed by many of our supporters over the last few years about 'ambition' being a dirty word. Luton, Coventry and Sunderland all going down the leagues and zooming past us as we lose 12 out of our 23 home games in a season. Embarrassing.
The Play Off Thread on 11:52 - May 9 with 9229 viewsRangersw12

It would be funny to see Luton in the top flight but would just be another reminder that another club has over taken us.

Get rid of Boro or Sunderland as both big clubs and both long away days
The Play Off Thread on 11:53 - May 9 with 9233 viewsSuffolkHoop

Sunderland, Peterborough, Stockport
The Play Off Thread on 11:55 - May 9 with 9211 viewsloftus77

Silly I know - I want to back Coventry and what they've achieved but...Eoin Jess...nope...still can't do it.

'Boro I'd have thought would be favourites and would have the tiniest chances of surviving unlike the other 3.
The Play Off Thread on 12:21 - May 9 with 9125 viewspaulparker

The Play Off Thread on 20:15 - Apr 29 by LazyFan

If Luton go up then the rumour is they will ground share with MK dons

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Play Off Thread on 12:31 - May 9 with 9097 viewsngbqpr

The Play Off Thread on 12:21 - May 9 by paulparker

If Luton go up then the rumour is they will ground share with MK dons

Cov for me. Their fans have had to endure so much $hit, and they've stuck with Robins and got their reward.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The Play Off Thread on 12:47 - May 9 with 9046 viewsterryb

The Play Off Thread on 11:53 - May 9 by SuffolkHoop

Sunderland, Peterborough, Stockport

Luton, Bolton & Carlisle are my choices.

Barnsley have no chance of winning League One as Rotherham avoided relegation!
The Play Off Thread on 19:24 - May 12 with 8750 viewsNorthernr

Here we go then. Looking forward to this.
Boro, Sheff Wed, Stockport for me.

Wednesday mate says their team is old and knackered but big gaps in the schedule will help. Posh are apparently attacking so well.

The Play Off Thread on 19:26 - May 12 with 8741 viewsaston_hoop

Why do they always insist on ruining the playoff finals?

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/may/var-to-be-used-at-all-three-efl-play-off-final

Luton, Wednesday, Salford

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Play Off Thread on 19:35 - May 12 with 8713 viewsHarbour

Luton,
Barnsley
Salford
The Play Off Thread on 19:56 - May 12 with 8677 viewsNorthernr

The Play Off Thread on 19:26 - May 12 by aston_hoop

Why do they always insist on ruining the playoff finals?

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/may/var-to-be-used-at-all-three-efl-play-off-final

Luton, Wednesday, Salford

I mean the good news is it massively helped last year’s final and didn’t in any way lead to the meltdown of one of the clubs that will now spend the next ten years descending the leagues again.
The Play Off Thread on 20:07 - May 12 with 8664 viewsWatford_Ranger

We could really do with Sheff Wed not coming up. Peterborough, for all our nightmares there, is a great away day and not a million miles away.
The Play Off Thread on 20:11 - May 12 with 8650 viewsNorthernr

The Play Off Thread on 20:07 - May 12 by Watford_Ranger

We could really do with Sheff Wed not coming up. Peterborough, for all our nightmares there, is a great away day and not a million miles away.

Also, the quest to find 3 teams worse than us begins here
The Play Off Thread on 20:22 - May 12 with 8604 viewsaston_hoop

Wednesday's keeper has had a shocker

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024