Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other championship teams transfers 13:59 - May 15 with 81606 viewsloftboy

Ashley Barnes possibly going to Norwich.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Other championship teams transfers on 16:49 - Jun 1 with 5777 viewsNorthernr

Other championship teams transfers on 16:42 - Jun 1 by benhurst

Wikipedia says he's 26? Regardless, would be a very good signing, especially if Dieng is on his way out (although I'm a little wary given that I haven't watched him play once outside of that final)

Where have I got 23 from? Yes, you're right, 26.
Seen Barnsley four times this season and he was good, Barnsley accounts seem to rate him highly.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Other championship teams transfers on 19:51 - Jun 1 with 5450 viewsJeff

Other championship teams transfers on 16:49 - Jun 1 by Northernr

Where have I got 23 from? Yes, you're right, 26.
Seen Barnsley four times this season and he was good, Barnsley accounts seem to rate him highly.

He’s 23 until he’s 26, that’s how it works…

Can we not knock it?

Other championship teams transfers on 23:23 - Jun 1 with 5181 viewsenfieldargh

Other championship teams transfers on 16:23 - Jun 1 by Northernr

Luton have released Harry Isted, the miracle working Barnsley goalkeeper from the weekend. 23 years old. If Dieng is off that could be a nice, cheap start.

Liked the look of Carlisles Moxon, central defender look really assured on the ball. Also Carlisle's keeper Czeck Thomas Holy apparently tallest in the league looked good too

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Other championship teams transfers on 10:53 - Jun 9 with 4657 viewsNorthernr

Norwich really are going thick Championship stodge this summer - Shane Duffy in to join Ashley Barnes. A 3 year contract for him too, he'll be 35 when it expires.

Other championship teams transfers on 11:21 - Jun 9 with 4543 viewsterryb

Other championship teams transfers on 10:53 - Jun 9 by Northernr

Norwich really are going thick Championship stodge this summer - Shane Duffy in to join Ashley Barnes. A 3 year contract for him too, he'll be 35 when it expires.

Is this another club moving away from their development program & playing style?

I can't imagine the fanbase being happy about it.
Other championship teams transfers on 11:33 - Jun 9 with 4500 viewsCamberleyR

Other championship teams transfers on 20:52 - May 30 by Northernr

General consensus among Cov fans I follow is “unlucky, but plagued by injury for two seasons” - sounds like an Oakland A already.

Sounds perfect company for Glass-Salter in the treatment room.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Other championship teams transfers on 11:36 - Jun 9 with 4484 viewsNorthernr

Other championship teams transfers on 11:21 - Jun 9 by terryb

Is this another club moving away from their development program & playing style?

I can't imagine the fanbase being happy about it.

There's a good deal of unrest with their Les equivalent, Stuart Webber.

When he was last with Wagner at Huddersfield they raided Germany and built a promotion side. Weird to see them making signings like this now.
Other championship teams transfers on 19:56 - Jun 12 with 4149 viewsNorthernr

Scott Parker new Leicester manager apparently. Must interview as well as Honest Mick.
Login to get fewer ads

Other championship teams transfers on 20:29 - Jun 12 with 4011 viewskensalriser

Other championship teams transfers on 10:53 - Jun 9 by Northernr

We'll be keeping tabs for picking him up on a free in 2026 then.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Other championship teams transfers on 20:55 - Jun 12 with 3911 viewsaston_hoop

I suppose Parker has a habit of taking squads that are far too good and far too wealthy and leading them to second place. They might as well do that at Leicester and then sack him off immediately

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Other championship teams transfers on 09:55 - Jun 13 with 3529 viewsterryb

Other championship teams transfers on 19:56 - Jun 12 by Northernr

Scott Parker new Leicester manager apparently. Must interview as well as Honest Mick.

Leicester fans are in denial & calling this a vicious rumour!

At least their fans who a Rangers friend goes on footballing trips do! He thought he had gained bragging rights with them, but they are still hopeful that Smith & his sidekick will be in charge. Solely because they want to see the treatment they receive at loftus Road!
[Post edited 13 Jun 2023 10:02]
Other championship teams transfers on 13:48 - Jun 14 with 3249 viewsNorthernr

Paper talk - Ipswich trying to sign Ellis Simms from Everton for as little as £3.5m, and loaning Palace winger Jesurun Rak-Sakyi who was a bit lively at Charlton last season.

Punchy.
Other championship teams transfers on 13:58 - Jun 14 with 3188 viewsterryb

Other championship teams transfers on 13:48 - Jun 14 by Northernr

Paper talk - Ipswich trying to sign Ellis Simms from Everton for as little as £3.5m, and loaning Palace winger Jesurun Rak-Sakyi who was a bit lively at Charlton last season.

Punchy.

Luongo signed a one year contract for them yesterday.

The fans like him.
Other championship teams transfers on 14:34 - Jun 14 with 3120 viewsHunterhoop

Other championship teams transfers on 13:48 - Jun 14 by Northernr

Punchy.

Can see Ipswich being top half, if not 10, this season. Decent sized club, surfing a wave, decent side, seem to be strengthening.
Other championship teams transfers on 14:41 - Jun 14 with 3099 viewsNorthernr

Other championship teams transfers on 14:34 - Jun 14 by Hunterhoop

Can see Ipswich being top half, if not 10, this season. Decent sized club, surfing a wave, decent side, seem to be strengthening.

V promising manager too.
Other championship teams transfers on 15:07 - Jun 14 with 3022 viewsSuffolkHoop

Other championship teams transfers on 14:41 - Jun 14 by Northernr

V promising manager too.

Worth mentioning that Portman Road is a beautiful football stadium. When its full and Town are doing well they'll take some stopping.
Other championship teams transfers on 15:41 - Jun 14 with 2938 viewsHayesender

If Ipswich are bidding £3.5 million for players, we're proper fcked

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Other championship teams transfers on 15:56 - Jun 14 with 2878 viewsstantheman10

Other championship teams transfers on 15:41 - Jun 14 by Hayesender

If Ipswich are bidding £3.5 million for players, we're proper fcked

A mate of mine left it too late to get his Ipswich season ticket renewed and now they are sold out. 24000 season tickets sold before the end of June. I would say they are a way bigger club than us
Other championship teams transfers on 16:33 - Jun 14 with 2811 viewsderbyhoop

Joao Pedro gone from Watford to Brighton. £30m
Leeds bidding £8.2m for Osayi Samuel. Hope we got a sell on clause. Otherwise 450k was a steal.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2023 16:34]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Other championship teams transfers on 19:05 - Jun 14 with 2658 viewsaston_hoop

Bristol City adding 25 year old Scottish centre back Ross McCrorie and 21 year old Brighton full back Haydon Roberts on permanent deals to join Rob Dickie. Feels like they're making good early moves this summer

Other championship teams transfers on 20:10 - Jun 14 with 2579 viewsThird_Division_South

Other championship teams transfers on 19:05 - Jun 14 by aston_hoop

Bristol City adding 25 year old Scottish centre back Ross McCrorie and 21 year old Brighton full back Haydon Roberts on permanent deals to join Rob Dickie. Feels like they're making good early moves this summer

Spending the Alex Scott money before his sale to keep incoming prices down?
Other championship teams transfers on 20:12 - Jun 14 with 2568 viewsaston_hoop

Other championship teams transfers on 20:10 - Jun 14 by Third_Division_South

Spending the Alex Scott money before his sale to keep incoming prices down?

Or spending the money they already got for Semenyo. Feels like they're everything we should be at the moment either way

Other championship teams transfers on 21:35 - Jun 14 with 2418 viewsjeffranger

Other championship teams transfers on 20:12 - Jun 14 by aston_hoop

Or spending the money they already got for Semenyo. Feels like they're everything we should be at the moment either way

Yeah but difference is we got stung by FFP & they didn’t
Other championship teams transfers on 21:59 - Jun 14 with 2375 viewsdavman

Other championship teams transfers on 15:56 - Jun 14 by stantheman10

A mate of mine left it too late to get his Ipswich season ticket renewed and now they are sold out. 24000 season tickets sold before the end of June. I would say they are a way bigger club than us

Nah, they are on the up, that's all.

Kinda confirms what I wrote on another thread though about these L1 clubs coming up on the crest of a wave without the shackles of FFP we have. They all seem to come back stronger after a period out to reset don't they?

If they have £3.5m to throw around on one player they are WAAAAAAY more solvent than we are.

Looking less and less likely we can compete in this division next season, isn't it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Other championship teams transfers on 23:12 - Jun 14 with 2285 viewsNorthernr

Other championship teams transfers on 21:59 - Jun 14 by davman

Nah, they are on the up, that's all.

Kinda confirms what I wrote on another thread though about these L1 clubs coming up on the crest of a wave without the shackles of FFP we have. They all seem to come back stronger after a period out to reset don't they?

If they have £3.5m to throw around on one player they are WAAAAAAY more solvent than we are.

Looking less and less likely we can compete in this division next season, isn't it?

I'll be very interested to see how the three of them do this year, because this "crest of a wave" thing is all very well and obviously they all got 100 fcking points last season which had never happened before so maybe yeh. But we do hear every year that the three relegated clubs will be strong because of the cash and the three promoted clubs "know how to win" etc etc and it rarely works like that.

Actually in recent years the gap between Lg 1 and the Champ has been growing, and teams like Wigan, Barnsley, Rotherham, Charlton have repeatedly found it very difficult to bridge. I think at least one of the promoted teams has been relegated back in each of the last 6/7 seasons, in a couple of years it was two, and in a couple of other examples (Blackpool last year) they went back down in year two.

The three promoted teams are very different this year, and it's interesting because the perception is Ipswich have done that Sunderland thing of building a Championship team, young players, ready to go, while Sheff Wed bullied their way up with a team of pensioners that will now need major surgery.

Sheff Wed did, their average age was 28.2, second only to Derby because of course Derby - somebody take their fcking credit card off them for goodness sake. Of the top 30 oldest starting 11s in that division last year Sheff Wed fielded 24 of them (Wycombe the other six, You R's). Sheff Wed having overspent massively to scrape up now have all the same FFP headaches that fcked them last time, plus an ageing squad on its ars. They're in a really tough spot already for me.

Ipswich though, seventh highest, 26.5. Not a young squad, and they used by far and away the most players in the division 34. By way of comparison Sunderland the previous year used a (frankly fcking ludicrous) 55 players, but they were the seventh youngest in League One at 23.2.

Plymouth are the most interesting. They had the second youngest squad in the league in 21/22, and the third last year. But their big thing is the manager said their entire budget for the season - wages, transfer fees, agent, accom, travel, meals - was £4.1m. That's nuts. Sheff Wed spent £24m on wages alone. Rotherham have not been able to compete in the Championshop trying to do it on two or three times that. Plymouth also had five loans last season, all of whom were very successful. As we know, loans are hit and miss. If they try and do the Championship on even double that budget, £8.2m, that's bringing Conor Washington to Alan Shearer's birthday party.

Anyway, as you can tell, the season preview writing is underway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024