Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dieng to Boro for £2m 11:13 - Jul 6 with 30527 viewsE17hoop

Being suggested by a Talksport reporter.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 10:53 - Jul 8 with 4407 viewspaulparker

I would of liked to have seen more cash but if we can bank some of the money and get a few experienced players in on a free then it’s a good deal for the club
I thought his form had massively dipped so to get 2 million and maybe a promotion bonus then it had to be done
I I trust Ainsworth with the purse strings

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 11:47 - Jul 8 with 4095 viewsHooparoo

I don’t get why Seny would leave us for Boro. Surely he’d be a bit more ambitious than that

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 11:53 - Jul 8 with 4047 viewsJigsore

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 11:47 - Jul 8 by Hooparoo

I don’t get why Seny would leave us for Boro. Surely he’d be a bit more ambitious than that

idk if this is bait but they've been in the Premier League more recently than us and were in the playoffs last season...

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 11:56 - Jul 8 with 4025 viewsHOOPNO7

Gone https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/seny-dieng-departs-080723/
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 12:18 - Jul 8 with 3889 viewsDejR_vu

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 11:56 - Jul 8 by HOOPNO7

Gone https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/seny-dieng-departs-080723/

He was a massive upgrade on Lumley but, as others have said, he was very ropey last year. It’s not as if he stood out and kept us in games single-handedly in the way Smithies used to. If he had followed a half decent keeper I’m not sure he would have been held in such high regard, it was just a relief to have a competent keeper between the sticks. I think he may gave also been one of the players who wasn’t averse to the high life as well? He may well be missed but, despite his limitations, I would have been far more concerned about replacing Dykes.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 12:28 - Jul 8 with 3817 viewsGloucs_R

Dave Mc also tweeted that we likely to get a highly experienced goalkeeper but it seems deleted this...

🧐

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 12:43 - Jul 8 with 3734 views08olesen

Think there are a few with short memories who don’t recall Lumley, Ingram etc.

We probably have no choice but to sell, but it’s not going to be easy to bring someone in on the cheap who is at his level IMO.

Was impressed with Begovic on Ben Foster podcast but he probably wants high wages.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 12:55 - Jul 8 with 3657 viewsQPROslo

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 04:21 - Jul 8 by stainrods_elbow

Of our last 18 games under Warbs, we lost 11 of them and won 4. Replicated over the whole campaign, that a half season's form (not the '6-8 weeks' of his revisionist history) that would have seen us relegated as the bottom club. And, as we know, brief Beale-bounce notwithstanding, it really set the tone for the next one too. Dems da facts, I'm afraid. As a manager, he worked hard, but was half-baked and came up badly short.

You ignore completely other facts like injuries to key players when no doubt due to our financial situation, our back was, and is, low standard.
Login to get fewer ads

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:20 - Jul 8 with 3520 viewshoops_legend

Oh dear. Can’t believe he’s gone, probably was my favourite player last 2 seasons. I reckon we will regret it. Don’t blame him the last 6 months must have been horrible behind our defence
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:23 - Jul 8 with 3495 viewsDejR_vu

Of our last 18 games under Warbs, we lost 11 of them and won 4. Replicated over the whole campaign, that a half season's form (not the '6-8 weeks' of his revisionist history) that would have seen us relegated as the bottom club. And, as we know, brief Beale-bounce notwithstanding, it really set the tone for the next one too. Dems da facts, I'm afraid. As a manager, he worked hard, but was half-baked and came up badly short.

Dems da selective facts.

If you look at his three seasons, the scores on the board were 58, 68, and 66, averaging 64 points. Nothing selective, positive or negative. Last season we declared on 50. Dems the actual facts.

But, like I say, if you prefer where we are now, good for you, crack on and enjoy.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:49 - Jul 8 with 3355 viewsPinnerPaul

Simplistic maybe, but the facts are we were 2nd worse defence in the whole league conceding over 70 goals, so not going to bemoan anyone form that 'unit' leaving if I'm honest.

Both him and Dickie could be marvellous next season or like Manning, Smithies, Freeman actually go backwards a little career/appearance wise.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 15:09 - Jul 8 with 3097 viewsDrewster

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 12:28 - Jul 8 by Gloucs_R

Dave Mc also tweeted that we likely to get a highly experienced goalkeeper but it seems deleted this...

🧐

De Gea has left Man U…
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 15:17 - Jul 8 with 3048 viewscolinallcars

I say old bean, I wish you wouldn't use these slang expressions on this erudite forum.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 15:20 - Jul 8 with 3031 viewsnumptydumpty

Think Dickie will perform way better after leaving us.

I question Diengs attitude myself.

Think we will do better.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 16:01 - Jul 8 with 2901 viewsdistortR

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:20 - Jul 8 by hoops_legend

Oh dear. Can’t believe he’s gone, probably was my favourite player last 2 seasons. I reckon we will regret it. Don’t blame him the last 6 months must have been horrible behind our defence

Especially after going to the wc and not getting a look in, then coming back to the shit show that was QPR post October.

I miss him already.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 17:04 - Jul 8 with 2743 viewsDavieQPR

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 15:20 - Jul 8 by numptydumpty

Think Dickie will perform way better after leaving us.

I question Diengs attitude myself.

Think we will do better.

Dickie might get found wanting on a much bigger home pitch.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 17:48 - Jul 8 with 2632 viewsqpr1976

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 11:47 - Jul 8 by Hooparoo

Because he wants to be in a team challenging for Playoffs & Promotion, and not trying to fight off Relegation…..
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 19:56 - Jul 8 with 2462 viewsStevenageRanger

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 13:49 - Jul 8 by PinnerPaul

Simplistic maybe, but the facts are we were 2nd worse defence in the whole league conceding over 70 goals, so not going to bemoan anyone form that 'unit' leaving if I'm honest.

Both him and Dickie could be marvellous next season or like Manning, Smithies, Freeman actually go backwards a little career/appearance wise.

Not sure Manning has gone backwards from my Swansea ST wok colleague says. he said he has been excellent.

Jut looked him up and see he won Supporters POTY last season. They had this to say about him on their official site.......

Ryan Manning has been named Swansea City Supporters’ Player of the Season for the 2022-23 campaign at the club’s annual awards dinner.

The Republic of Ireland international has enjoyed an outstanding campaign, scoring five goals and contributing nine assists.

No Championship player has created more clear chances than Manning, and his exploits saw him come out on top in our supporter vote via the club’s website and social media channels.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 22:49 - Jul 9 with 1994 viewsnumptydumpty

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 19:56 - Jul 8 by StevenageRanger

Not sure Manning has gone backwards from my Swansea ST wok colleague says. he said he has been excellent.

Jut looked him up and see he won Supporters POTY last season. They had this to say about him on their official site.......

Ryan Manning has been named Swansea City Supporters’ Player of the Season for the 2022-23 campaign at the club’s annual awards dinner.

The Republic of Ireland international has enjoyed an outstanding campaign, scoring five goals and contributing nine assists.

No Championship player has created more clear chances than Manning, and his exploits saw him come out on top in our supporter vote via the club’s website and social media channels.

I can't completely recall the circumstances around Mannings departure.

Know we got him from the Irish leagues and he was much improved. Was it that his agent was not happy with our offers to Manning so he went elsewhere.

I know I liked him as a player myself. Tried hard.

And was learning all the time.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 00:17 - Jul 10 with 1890 viewsLblock

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 16:01 - Jul 8 by distortR

Especially after going to the wc and not getting a look in, then coming back to the shit show that was QPR post October.

I miss him already.

If you go to the wc and don’t get a look in then it’s desperate times

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 07:42 - Jul 10 with 1725 viewsdistortR

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 00:17 - Jul 10 by Lblock

well, you can see why he couldn't hold on any longer and chose to leave.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 08:34 - Jul 10 with 1650 viewsStevenageRanger

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 22:49 - Jul 9 by numptydumpty

I can't completely recall the circumstances around Mannings departure.

Know we got him from the Irish leagues and he was much improved. Was it that his agent was not happy with our offers to Manning so he went elsewhere.

I know I liked him as a player myself. Tried hard.

And was learning all the time.

Manning didnt/wouldnt sign a new contract with us, run it down and left on a free. Joined Swansea and just done the same there when they really rated him!!
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 12:12 - Jul 10 with 1477 viewskernowhoop

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 00:17 - Jul 10 by Lblock

It can, indeed, be a desperate time, going to the wc.
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 15:23 - Jul 11 with 1153 viewsPinnerPaul

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 19:56 - Jul 8 by StevenageRanger

Fair enough BUT he was kept out of the team for a year by Mr Bidwell.

Has he signed a new contract?
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 18:21 - Jul 11 with 989 viewsterryb

Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 on 15:23 - Jul 11 by PinnerPaul

Fair enough BUT he was kept out of the team for a year by Mr Bidwell.

Has he signed a new contract?

He was offered one, but refused to accept it. He is currently in talks to join Southampton as Russell Martin highly rates him.

It is true that he only made 17 appearances in his first season at Swansea, but he has left after playing 98 times for them.

Overall, he has already played over 200 times for Rangers, Rotherham & Swansea combined. That would appear to me to be a very decent career!
[Post edited 11 Jul 2023 18:27]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024