Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sinclair Armstrong 19:14 - Dec 28 with 29271 viewsHooparoo

Some bloke on Twitter (yeah I know) is claiming that Sincs is leaving us and has removed all QPR pics and now closed his account. I was following him so I checked and yes, his account is completely gone. Anyone know what the hell is going on at our club?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Sinclair Armstrong on 00:32 - Dec 30 with 2978 viewsJimmyR

Thought he did alright tonight, lacks a bit of composure/confidence, a goal or two would do him the world of good. Most exciting cf we have currently
Sinclair Armstrong on 01:35 - Dec 30 with 2835 viewsNorthernr

Sinclair Armstrong on 00:32 - Dec 30 by JimmyR

Thought he did alright tonight, lacks a bit of composure/confidence, a goal or two would do him the world of good. Most exciting cf we have currently

Me too. Zero natural ability and touch but can be effective when used correctly, as we did and he was tonight.
Sinclair Armstrong on 08:39 - Dec 30 with 2436 viewsLoyalitat

Sinclair Armstrong on 00:32 - Dec 30 by JimmyR

He acquitted himself better than I thought he would last night, but if that equates to him being the most exciting centre-forward, term loosely used for our strikers, then we have failed in this area on an industrial scale as a club.

By way of contrast to Armstrong, the new coach at Sheffield Wednesday has introduced Bailey Cadamarteri ( 18 years old) who in just 10 games has scored three goals and even an assist. He already looks to have all of the traits needed to become a a very good forward at this level or even higher.

Wednesday may get relegated, but I suspect he won't be playing in division one next season.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 9:17]
Sinclair Armstrong on 08:45 - Dec 30 with 2420 viewsgazza1

Sinclair Armstrong on 01:35 - Dec 30 by Northernr

Me too. Zero natural ability and touch but can be effective when used correctly, as we did and he was tonight.

Some of the stuff he did last night, harrying defenders, pain in bum, working, letting the oppo know here's around, attitude was what was needed.....shame about his playing ability, not sure he will ever have much of it. Could end up like that Wimbledon/Wycombe black lad about 18 stone!!!!
Sinclair Armstrong on 09:48 - Dec 30 with 2300 viewsJimmyR

Sinclair Armstrong on 08:45 - Dec 30 by gazza1

Some of the stuff he did last night, harrying defenders, pain in bum, working, letting the oppo know here's around, attitude was what was needed.....shame about his playing ability, not sure he will ever have much of it. Could end up like that Wimbledon/Wycombe black lad about 18 stone!!!!

That’s it, you know he’s there and will be challenging for the ball at least, and he’s quick, very quick I think. One of his heavy touches not far past the centre circle went out for a goal kick last night!

I don’t think it’s that he can’t control a football, he’s just panicked and rushing, too enthusiastic. I think he’ll come good
Sinclair Armstrong on 10:15 - Dec 30 with 2229 viewslassel

Thought it was a perfect encapsulation of Armstrong last night - be provided a great outball and kept Ipswich on their toes all night, gave Whatmough a nightmare and it was laughable that after the absolutely scythed him down in the corner he was allowed to go and scream in the linesman’s face that he got the ball…

With that though, as per usual, once Armstrong got to the ball he never had any idea what to do with it, summed up perfectly when he got to one ball over the top, he stopped, attempted what I assume he intended to be stepovers and then played it all the way back to Cannon.

Also thought it was a bit naive when Hladcky committed to a tackle he couldn’t win and a more switched on player would’ve taken a clattering, albeit the ref probably wouldn’t have even booked him
Sinclair Armstrong on 10:25 - Dec 30 with 2162 viewsbaz_qpr

I think he has far more ability than people are giving him credit for, but he is raw and he needs to work very hard on his touch, heading and positioning but that's much harder when you are as big and strong as he is and you are doing it at a much better pace. He's really low on confidence at the moment and he needs both a loan and a lot of one on one coaching if we are to help him fulfil his potential and as a development club we have failed him and set him back a year or so by not doing that and throwing him into the 1st team in a shit team
Sinclair Armstrong on 10:49 - Dec 30 with 2077 viewsPlanetHonneywood

How did Kolli do?

What little I've seen of this boy I think he has far more about him than SA; I would love Kolli to get a goal soon, as I think he could push on.

As for SA: I fear that we'll be continually having the same brain v. brawn discussions about him for years.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Sinclair Armstrong on 10:54 - Dec 30 with 2044 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If the club are building for a life in League One then Armstrong and Kolli are going to be essential, as are most of our youth graduates.
Sinclair Armstrong on 10:58 - Dec 30 with 2030 viewsWatford_Ranger

Sinclair Armstrong on 10:49 - Dec 30 by PlanetHonneywood

How did Kolli do?

What little I've seen of this boy I think he has far more about him than SA; I would love Kolli to get a goal soon, as I think he could push on.

As for SA: I fear that we'll be continually having the same brain v. brawn discussions about him for years.

Not sure he touched the ball. Pretty sure neither him nor Sinclair are strikers and certainly not lone strikers.
Sinclair Armstrong on 11:05 - Dec 30 with 1979 viewsJimmyR

How did Kolli do?

Kolli looked bright, as you should when only coming on for the last 10 mins

Maybe you are right on SA, but has he started more than 10 games? What will he look like after 50 or 100. Just needs a goal or two imo. He cares, he tries, he runs, you are aware of his presence on the pitch, minimum standards I know, but there’s a lot you can’t say that of
Sinclair Armstrong on 11:22 - Dec 30 with 1896 viewsStreathamRanger

I'm really not convinced Armstrong has the ability. Most seem to suggest the club haven't coached him right. Maybe they have and he's just not very good. Of course he smashed it at youth level because he would have physically dominated everyone. He can't really do that any more.
Sinclair Armstrong on 11:23 - Dec 30 with 1894 viewsBurnleyhoop

How did Kolli do?

Came on for the last 10 while we’re retreating into our own half and hanging on for the draw. Never likely to see much of the ball but put himself about trying to close people down.

Would really like to see him given an opportunity earlier in a game where he might have more support around him. Personally think he could be better than both of our current cf’s.
Sinclair Armstrong on 11:55 - Dec 30 with 1795 viewsRs_Holy

Sinclair Armstrong on 01:35 - Dec 30 by Northernr

Surely at this point in time we need someone who can score 6-8 goals for us come May?
Sinclair Armstrong on 11:55 - Dec 30 with 1792 viewsLoyalitat

Sinclair Armstrong on 10:25 - Dec 30 by baz_qpr

I think he has far more ability than people are giving him credit for, but he is raw and he needs to work very hard on his touch, heading and positioning but that's much harder when you are as big and strong as he is and you are doing it at a much better pace. He's really low on confidence at the moment and he needs both a loan and a lot of one on one coaching if we are to help him fulfil his potential and as a development club we have failed him and set him back a year or so by not doing that and throwing him into the 1st team in a shit team

There's a lad at Sheffield Wednesday who in terms of the paucity of games played is rawer than raw, but already has an assured touch, decent heading ability and has the innate trait, I don't believe it can be taught, to anticipate a goal scoring opportunity, get into goal scoring positions and convert: Bailey Cadamarteri.

Only 18 years old, but is light years ahead of Sinclair Armstrong.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 12:00]
Sinclair Armstrong on 12:25 - Dec 30 with 1698 viewsQPRSteve

Sinclair reminds me a bit of Sir Les in his early days. Got pelters from the crowd and could head the ball for toffee. Came back for a loan at Besiktas and was a goal machine.

Sinclair has a lot going for him with his pace and power. We just need to nurture him. I'm sure he will come good.
Sinclair Armstrong on 13:33 - Dec 30 with 1566 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Sinclair Armstrong on 12:25 - Dec 30 by QPRSteve

Sinclair reminds me a bit of Sir Les in his early days. Got pelters from the crowd and could head the ball for toffee. Came back for a loan at Besiktas and was a goal machine.

Sinclair has a lot going for him with his pace and power. We just need to nurture him. I'm sure he will come good.

I hope you're right.

However, our issues are prescient, require imminent attention, for which our resources are ill-equipped to address.

What a huge month January is going to be.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sinclair Armstrong on 13:38 - Dec 30 with 1523 viewsRs_Holy

Edit- I take that comment back, but he does need to move on from a ‘raw talent with potential’ pretty quickly
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 13:44]
Sinclair Armstrong on 13:45 - Dec 30 with 1487 viewskensalriser

Could or couldn't head the ball?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sinclair Armstrong on 14:36 - Dec 30 with 1385 viewsJimmyR

Sinclair Armstrong on 11:55 - Dec 30 by Rs_Holy

Surely at this point in time we need someone who can score 6-8 goals for us come May?

Agree, but don’t hold your breath as it doesn’t look like SA is going to do that this year. I think someone pointed out earlier that Chris Martin probs would have just by virtue of being in the right place at the right time (however slowly he got there) I expect the £££’s dictate that we couldn’t have him and dykes. Who loans out a striker that’s Gona get 6-8 goals in half a season? Just one that doesn’t miss sitters would be a vast improvement
Sinclair Armstrong on 15:15 - Dec 30 with 1329 viewstonyQPR

Sinclair Armstrong on 11:55 - Dec 30 by Loyalitat

There's a lad at Sheffield Wednesday who in terms of the paucity of games played is rawer than raw, but already has an assured touch, decent heading ability and has the innate trait, I don't believe it can be taught, to anticipate a goal scoring opportunity, get into goal scoring positions and convert: Bailey Cadamarteri.

Only 18 years old, but is light years ahead of Sinclair Armstrong.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 12:00]

Was his dad Danny cadamarteri who played for Sheffield wen and Bradford back in the early nineties ??
Sinclair Armstrong on 15:19 - Dec 30 with 1321 viewsOldPedro

Sinclair Armstrong on 15:15 - Dec 30 by tonyQPR

Was his dad Danny cadamarteri who played for Sheffield wen and Bradford back in the early nineties ??

Yes

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Sinclair Armstrong on 15:41 - Dec 30 with 1249 viewsQPROslo

Sinclair Armstrong on 11:23 - Dec 30 by Burnleyhoop

Came on for the last 10 while we’re retreating into our own half and hanging on for the draw. Never likely to see much of the ball but put himself about trying to close people down.

Would really like to see him given an opportunity earlier in a game where he might have more support around him. Personally think he could be better than both of our current cf’s.

But is Kolli a Striker? From the little I've seen of him in clips from U18, U33 or the Development team, he's looked like he's more of an attacking midfielder.
Sinclair Armstrong on 15:59 - Dec 30 with 1185 viewsFDC

Was Ferdinand really as raw as Armstrong when he first came through? I was pretty young and only really remember him being fantastic after the loan.
Sinclair Armstrong on 16:18 - Dec 30 with 1108 viewsflynnbo

Sinclair Armstrong on 15:59 - Dec 30 by FDC

Was Ferdinand really as raw as Armstrong when he first came through? I was pretty young and only really remember him being fantastic after the loan.

Remember Ferdinand playing away at Arsenal in his early days and he had talent way above anything Armstrong has shown to date and that was against a top club. Not his fault but the comparisons are widely off the mark.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024