Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? 16:38 - May 4 with 3230 viewssmudgehoop

With Begovic, Ozzie & Drewe all having their contracts now expiring does this mean the only remaining weak link in our defence is cannon?

Is he worth holding onto for a season to see if comes good or should we sell or loan him out?

Imho, he's yet to fully prove his fitness and I think he's also too small

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 16:42 - May 4 with 2779 viewspaulparker

Thought he played well today considering he hasn’t played in months
Worth keeping and developing imo

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 16:45 - May 4 with 2754 viewsMedwayR

He's not impressed me this season, seems to be a marginal upgrade on Kakay and that's about it.

However, he joined part way through the season, moving to a new league and country, and has had niggly injuries so it's only fair to judge him after a pre-season and full season at this level.

Poll: Who’s better?

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 16:51 - May 4 with 2700 viewslassel

Decent player who spent his first 4 months essentially injured but forced to play.

As said before I suspect he will end up at Fulham or Palace this summer as a squad option.
Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 16:55 - May 4 with 2654 viewsMedwayR

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 16:51 - May 4 by lassel

Decent player who spent his first 4 months essentially injured but forced to play.

As said before I suspect he will end up at Fulham or Palace this summer as a squad option.

Why on earth would Palace or Fulham, or anyone, pay money to sign a player that's been injured or sat on the bench watching a CB play in his position.

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 16:58 - May 4 with 2608 viewsEsox_Lucius

Is this a precursor to "Who is going to be a scapegoat next season?"

The grass is always greener.

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 17:03 - May 4 with 2550 viewscorse

Solid enough today and IMO not a weak link. Worth keeping if he wants to stay.
Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 17:11 - May 4 with 2444 viewsLblock

Looked a bit sus on the cross for their goal but I like him

When he joined he was lorded don’t forget.
He had a great couple of games and that was even when clearly unfit and carrying an injury

I hope he stays and has a great season next year

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 17:15 - May 4 with 2421 viewsNorthantsHoop

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 17:11 - May 4 by Lblock

He had a great couple of games and that was even when clearly unfit and carrying an injury

You could see he was nervy early on but grew into the game.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 17:39 - May 4 with 2315 viewslassel

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 16:55 - May 4 by MedwayR

Why on earth would Palace or Fulham, or anyone, pay money to sign a player that's been injured or sat on the bench watching a CB play in his position.

They were both interested before he came here but neither was willing to take the risk of legal action from Boavista for a squad player.

We will definitely get offers this summer imo, wouldn’t be surprised if we let him go for a pretty nominal fee.
Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 17:44 - May 4 with 2267 viewsGloucs_R

I don't he has been anything more than average this season but by all accounts has been playing with an injury.

I really don't see him being here next season. I think he would want a guaranteed starting place which obviously he won't get here now.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 17:45 - May 4 with 2263 viewsenfieldargh

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 17:03 - May 4 by corse

Solid enough today and IMO not a weak link. Worth keeping if he wants to stay.

echo

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 17:46 - May 4 with 2248 viewsQuillPenRiot

We should worry about having cover for injuires
Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 17:52 - May 4 with 2207 viewsMedwayR

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 17:39 - May 4 by lassel

They were both interested before he came here but neither was willing to take the risk of legal action from Boavista for a squad player.

We will definitely get offers this summer imo, wouldn’t be surprised if we let him go for a pretty nominal fee.

Fair enough if true, I'd be surprised though. It would be interesting to see if Marti could work his magic on him.

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 18:19 - May 4 with 2089 viewslassel

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 17:44 - May 4 by Gloucs_R

I don't he has been anything more than average this season but by all accounts has been playing with an injury.

I really don't see him being here next season. I think he would want a guaranteed starting place which obviously he won't get here now.

He will 100% be starting RB if he decides to stick around.

Dunne has done an admirable job of filling in but he was there for his height at set pieces which as we all know our defending of was a war crime until recently.

We will be going 4-3-3 next season and Marti will want his FBs bombing on.
Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 18:32 - May 4 with 2009 viewsessextaxiboy

I get that he was carrying an injury but it seemed to me that the physicality of this league surprised him . He kept getting muscled out of position at set pieces and crosses . Hopefully Marti can get him fit and ready to compete for a start
Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 19:07 - May 4 with 1887 viewsVancouverHoop

FWIW Marti spoke very positively about him in the post-match presser. Of course the cynic in me thinks that he's just trying to boost the transfer fee.
Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 19:10 - May 4 with 1857 viewsstevec

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 17:11 - May 4 by Lblock

Thought the same about the goal, just doesn’t close down and snap into tackles like Dunne. Not good in the air either.

Sub yes but not a first teamer.
Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 22:14 - May 4 with 1594 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I think he's a decent player considering he was injured.

I'd start Jimmy Cafu at right back next season though assuming we keep hold of everyone else.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 22:39 - May 4 with 1509 viewssevenhoop

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 18:19 - May 4 by lassel

He will 100% be starting RB if he decides to stick around.

Dunne has done an admirable job of filling in but he was there for his height at set pieces which as we all know our defending of was a war crime until recently.

We will be going 4-3-3 next season and Marti will want his FBs bombing on.

Don’t see it at all. Don’t rate him. Dunne is a very good right back in my opinion, easily the best since Simpson and you have to go back to Bardsley before that(ignoring Kyle Walker, obviously). Dunne’s heading ability, at the back and offensively, is hugely important, and he has plenty of skill and strength going forward. We shouldn’t be looking beyond him as a starter imho
Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 12:32 - May 5 with 1162 viewslassel

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 22:39 - May 4 by sevenhoop

Don’t see it at all. Don’t rate him. Dunne is a very good right back in my opinion, easily the best since Simpson and you have to go back to Bardsley before that(ignoring Kyle Walker, obviously). Dunne’s heading ability, at the back and offensively, is hugely important, and he has plenty of skill and strength going forward. We shouldn’t be looking beyond him as a starter imho

I wasn’t passing any comment on Dunne who has done a great job filling in, the simple fact though is that Marti will change the way we play this summer to a more fluid 4-3-3 and unfortunately several of those who have done a great job this season cannot play that way.
Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 12:50 - May 5 with 1100 viewsdmm

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 12:32 - May 5 by lassel

I wasn’t passing any comment on Dunne who has done a great job filling in, the simple fact though is that Marti will change the way we play this summer to a more fluid 4-3-3 and unfortunately several of those who have done a great job this season cannot play that way.

I don't think you can categorically say Cifuentes will switch to 433 next season. I'm sure he'd like to but if the players needed for that system cannot be brought in, it's likely he'll stick to the 4231 formation that's worked this season.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:33 - May 5 with 1008 views1JD

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 13:36 - May 5 with 1000 views1JD

Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 12:32 - May 5 by lassel

Understand you have some inside knowledge. But what I’m not following here is the idea that Cannon walks into the side fully fit because he just doesn’t seem a marti type of player to me.

Fully fit or not, he hasn’t looked at all comfortable playing out from the back, or in tight spaces, which seems a pre-requisite for a full back under MC with license to build the team next season.
Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 13:45 - May 5 with 985 viewsRangersw12

I thought Cannon was fine and I think we will see an improved player with a proper preseason under his belt
Is Reggy Cannon now the only weak link in our defence? on 14:28 - May 5 with 903 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Firstly, I don't consider Reggie a weak link. He needs an opportunity to show what he can do with a full pre-season under his belt. With Dunne shining at RB, Cannon is now a decent back-up option. The issue here will be whether Dunne sees himself as a RB long-term or still harbours ambitions at CB.

Next, the defensive unit as a whole may still require some tinkering in the summer. It's clear that the fitness of Steve Cook and JCS were crucial to its performance this season. If either is injured or leaves then we have another problem to solve.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024