Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
International Break 12:53 - Sep 22 with 16362 viewsRedbourneR

Anyone know who's off and playing for their country? Jimmy Dunne and Harvey Vale for RoI,I guess, and Paul Smyth for the North, so who else is going to be missing from the training ground? Nothing on the offish.
0
International Break on 19:51 - Oct 2 with 1581 viewskensalriser

Good, he should arrive back fresh and uninjured.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

0
International Break on 20:00 - Oct 2 with 1547 viewsconnell10

International Break on 19:51 - Oct 2 by kensalriser

Good, he should arrive back fresh and uninjured.


True 👍

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

0
International Break on 20:11 - Oct 2 with 1513 viewsBklynRanger

0-2 to the green white army so far
0
International Break on 20:23 - Oct 2 with 1474 viewsFDC

International Break on 08:35 - Oct 2 by Paddyhoops

Ireland has very few premier leauge players .
The few we do have are centre halfs.
Collins, Egan and O shea.
Tough to break into that part of the side.


What are the goalkeepers like?
1
International Break on 20:25 - Oct 2 with 1462 viewsBrazilNutR

Dennis Cirkin played another full 90 minutes for Latvia, thats 3 full games for him, despite not being fit enough to play a single 90 for us yet.. looks like played left wing back in a 5 today, and lost 2-1 to the mighty Montenegro. That's 2 losses and a draw for Dennis, I'd imagine that is less than he'd have hoped for.
2
International Break on 20:35 - Oct 2 with 1430 viewsMrSheen

It’s a good thing Xi Jinping doesn’t seem the sort of bloke to bear a grudge.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/fo
1
International Break on 21:09 - Oct 2 with 1322 viewsconnell10

International Break on 20:23 - Oct 2 by FDC

What are the goalkeepers like?


Better than the Ukraine one lol

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

0
International Break on 21:13 - Oct 2 with 1301 viewsbosh67

3-0 to NI now. Goalkeeping disaster for the Ukraine keeper. Charles so far having a stormer and just launched a 70 yard pass that almost got them through for 4. I really think we should buy Charles' contract off Man City as they'll be playing in a pub league next season (perhaps).

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

5
Login to get fewer ads

International Break on 21:24 - Oct 2 with 1263 viewsconnell10

International Break on 21:13 - Oct 2 by bosh67

3-0 to NI now. Goalkeeping disaster for the Ukraine keeper. Charles so far having a stormer and just launched a 70 yard pass that almost got them through for 4. I really think we should buy Charles' contract off Man City as they'll be playing in a pub league next season (perhaps).


Id rather buy his brother he is very classy.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

0
International Break on 21:29 - Oct 2 with 1232 viewsconnell10

Smyth must be pissed off

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

0
International Break on 21:42 - Oct 2 with 1197 viewsbosh67

International Break on 21:29 - Oct 2 by connell10

Smyth must be pissed off


Yes I think they brought on 3 fans and a lady with her unborn child before him but I have to say that Northern Ireland were superb against a fairly subdued Ukraine. Charles in goal faultless. 3-0 NI and well deserved.

At least Smyth won't come back injured unless he's got a splinter in his arse from the bench.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

1
International Break on 06:30 - Oct 3 with 905 viewsdmm

Varane scored in Martinique's 2-1 win v Honduras.

No sign of Burrell in Jamaica's 2-0 win v El Salvador.
0
International Break on 07:13 - Oct 3 with 825 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Another faultless display down the catwalk from Gorgeous Ronnie at Paris Fashion Week.

Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

1
International Break on 08:54 - Oct 3 with 713 viewsHAYESBOY

International Break on 06:30 - Oct 3 by dmm

Varane scored in Martinique's 2-1 win v Honduras.

No sign of Burrell in Jamaica's 2-0 win v El Salvador.


Burrell back with us as of approx 5 days ago. Injured. Hopefully its a Palmer type injury and he can be available next Friday.

Smells like a trout farm in here

0
International Break on 09:16 - Oct 3 with 672 viewsJamesB1979

Shame that Smyth is barely getting any minutes but good for us. Same with Dunne not playing. We want Varane to be playing as he lacks game time. Also good to see Cirkin is playing full minutes so he must be back to full match fitness. Fingers crossed Kamara doesn’t play much. Rather he spent this week off and ready for West Ham.
1
International Break on 09:34 - Oct 3 with 637 viewsstevec

Am I right in thinking, if a player gets injured on international duty, their club gets a payout to cover player costs?
0
International Break on 09:58 - Oct 3 with 596 viewsBrianMcCarthy

International Break on 09:34 - Oct 3 by stevec

Am I right in thinking, if a player gets injured on international duty, their club gets a payout to cover player costs?


Great question. A quick Google led me to a BBC article by the excellently named Jonty Coleman. What Ho, Jonty!!:

If a player on international duty sustains a new injury that prevents them from taking part in full training or matches for a minimum of 28 days, the club they play for will be entitled to financial compensation from the Fifa Club Protection Programme."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/foot

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

1
International Break on 11:20 - Oct 3 with 488 viewsMyke

International Break on 09:58 - Oct 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Great question. A quick Google led me to a BBC article by the excellently named Jonty Coleman. What Ho, Jonty!!:

If a player on international duty sustains a new injury that prevents them from taking part in full training or matches for a minimum of 28 days, the club they play for will be entitled to financial compensation from the Fifa Club Protection Programme."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/foot


Wait so am I reading this right. The first month the club doesn’t get compensated but from day 29 it does?
0
International Break on 11:24 - Oct 3 with 482 viewsMyke

International Break on 21:29 - Oct 2 by connell10

Smyth must be pissed off


I think we tend to over-rate our players. Egan who had more or less retired preferred over Dunne. Smyth not getting game time. Chair never gets any meaningful time for Morocco. The Ozzie guy that many thought was the bees knees, never got a kick for Australia in that World Cup, despite them losing all three group games.
2
International Break on 12:24 - Oct 3 with 403 viewsSK_hoops

Charles got an assist for N. Ireland.
1
International Break on 14:03 - Oct 3 with 301 viewsCLAREMAN1995

International Break on 11:24 - Oct 3 by Myke

I think we tend to over-rate our players. Egan who had more or less retired preferred over Dunne. Smyth not getting game time. Chair never gets any meaningful time for Morocco. The Ozzie guy that many thought was the bees knees, never got a kick for Australia in that World Cup, despite them losing all three group games.


Come on now Myke we know Egan is selected because he does that pre match Gaelic football routine and hits the target most of the time .
If Jimmy Dunne does not start for Ireland tomorrow with Collins and O Shea backin England he will never get breakthrough IMO.
Maybe it would be better for QPR if he does not play I expect Isreal to kick the crap out of the ROI players its already a tenderbox waiting to explode
0
International Break on 15:19 - Oct 3 with 207 viewsdublinr

RTE quoting halgrimsson saying 'Jimmy is fit'. I would imagine he'll play tomorrow.


0
International Break on 15:21 - Oct 3 with 206 viewsWatford_Ranger

International Break on 12:24 - Oct 3 by SK_hoops

Charles got an assist for N. Ireland.


One of the great goalkeeper clangers of the century from his opposite number.
0
International Break on 15:47 - Oct 3 with 166 viewsHAYESBOY

Kamara on at half time for Finland in 2pm kick off.

Smells like a trout farm in here

0
International Break on 16:13 - Oct 3 with 130 viewsdmm

There was mention of a behind closed door first team friendly game this weekend. Has anyone heard anything?
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026