Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. 11:14 - May 1 with 3728 viewsJonDoeman

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-qpr/2013/05/01/hoilett-unsure-over-qpr-f

It Is What It Is !!

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 12:54 - May 1 with 696 viewsTacticalR

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 12:46 - May 1 by BlackCrowe

Exactly. A hat-trick of consecutive relegations would be unassailable record. Go for it 'Junior'.

It was mentioned on the Guardian's Football Weekly podcast that this is Rob Green's third relegation (Norwich, West Ham, QPR).

Air hostess clique

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 12:55 - May 1 with 696 viewsHunterhoop

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 12:49 - May 1 by EPN1882

relegated with two clubs from Prem aint doing him no favours plus he seems to strop like a little kid constantly, i think Redknapp rates him highly and if he was honest to himself he can use the NPC as a chance to revive his career as he didnt look prem at times for us any way

NPC??? Honestly, the EPL is bad enough.

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 13:03 - May 1 with 683 viewsEPN1882

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 12:55 - May 1 by Hunterhoop

NPC??? Honestly, the EPL is bad enough.

sorry n-power championship lol

Junglist Ranger

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 13:08 - May 1 with 679 viewsQPunkR

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 13:03 - May 1 by EPN1882

sorry n-power championship lol

No excuses

QPR - "shit but local"

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 13:11 - May 1 with 673 viewsBklynRanger

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 11:28 - May 1 by Antti_Heinola

And again fans get carried away by a few words spoken by a player to a journalist and hang him out to dry without really knowing anything about it.

Try and stop and think for a minute. Journo asks:

"Junior, QPR are going down, am I right in thinking you would prefer to stay in the Premier League?"

Now, what do you want him to say here?

"No, I want to play in the Championship"?

All he has said here is:

“I know what it sounds like, but I don’t want talk about it or anything to do with it. Of course I want to stay in the top flight — every player does, but that’s for the future after the last few games.”

If someone can possibly tell me what's wrong with this apart from a very vague hint at some talks after the season has ended, please go ahead. The last part of that sentence could mean any number of things.

I feel a bit sorry for him. He hasn't had a good season, but he's very young and he is talented. We all complain about the big name over 30s - Junior is someone we could get something out of if we get the chance.

It's not hard to suggest other things he could have said, even taking a different direction with his platitudes could have yielded this:

"I would prefer to stay in the Premier League, and so would QPR, but we as a team have been relegated. QPR pay my wages, I haven't performed as well as I know I can so it's not a time for me to be talking or looking out for myself."

Not:

"Hint hint...it's been tough for me the last couple of seasons so if someone comfortably mid-table could consider me I'd be more than happy to listen to offers after getting subbed, for yet again doing nothing, at Anfield. I'm more of a lifestyle footballer than a grafter."
JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 13:13 - May 1 with 668 viewshoops_legend

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 12:49 - May 1 by EPN1882

relegated with two clubs from Prem aint doing him no favours plus he seems to strop like a little kid constantly, i think Redknapp rates him highly and if he was honest to himself he can use the NPC as a chance to revive his career as he didnt look prem at times for us any way

He has a chance to make a name for himself with us in the championship and then bring good form to premiership if it does well...

If he signs for WBA he will become the forgotten man and if he gets relegated again - big trouble!

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 13:24 - May 1 with 644 viewsbosh67

He's been the most disappointing signing to be honest. I think everyone expected a lot more from him. He will probably sign for Southampton and be genius.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 13:35 - May 1 with 629 viewsR_from_afar

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 11:26 - May 1 by simmo

Breaking Bad is very good.

On a more football related note, I find this extremely frustrating. We obviously have a player with a lot of raw talent and ability, already he has good experience despite being very young. What do we do? We crush him.

If this club was set up correctly it would manage a talent like that and he would be what we all thought he would, a good player with a bright future as a leading player in the team to provide creativity and pace.

We need to mend relationships like this and use him. Not just for the player that we have, but to show we are a club that is worth coming to if you are a young player looking to develop and improve.

Woah there! OK, so we are not the best organised club in the world yet but it takes a while to turn the shambles that we were in 2007 into a slick outfit plus Tarbs and Remy haven't been crushed. Even Mbia has improved in his time with us.

Some of Junior's problems are of his own making. If a player can't run - and sprint, although there seems to be something about playing in our kit which prevents players from doing this - for a full match, that MUST be apparent to the player themselves, in which case they can - should - take some responsibility themselves and get to work on their fitness. Do our players need an array of coaches and fitness staff to point out that they looked like they were towing a fridge?

And then there's his lack of awareness, poor concentration and inability to track back or shoot straight. How many goals this campaign Junior?

Oh and for the record, Junior, I would prefer (Rangers) to remain in the top flight too but thanks to the frequently pathetic efforts of most of our players, I am not getting my wish. Thanks for *all* your efforts and for caring. Not.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 13:35 - May 1 with 628 viewsEPN1882

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 13:08 - May 1 by QPunkR

No excuses

lol from now on it will be this shitty leauge we are in

Junglist Ranger

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 13:36 - May 1 with 622 viewsEPN1882

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 13:13 - May 1 by hoops_legend

He has a chance to make a name for himself with us in the championship and then bring good form to premiership if it does well...

If he signs for WBA he will become the forgotten man and if he gets relegated again - big trouble!

i think that there is a massive opertunity to become that player that he should be

and if he does go to prem club he wont be #1 star like he will with us

plus his pace in the champioship will scare teams massivly

i think hoilettabs and bothroyd could be the answer this time out

Junglist Ranger

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 13:43 - May 1 with 610 viewsEalingRanger

I really really don't like this guy. Very much a 'wasteman' IMO.

Also what kind of self-respecting footballer can't play golf? Rubbish.
JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 13:43 - May 1 with 610 viewsEalingRanger

I really really don't like this guy. Very much a 'wasteman' IMO.

Also what kind of self-respecting footballer can't play golf? Rubbish.
JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 13:51 - May 1 with 593 viewsEsgaroth

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 11:22 - May 1 by Juzzie

Of course he would and so would I but here we go again where players who've contributed to their clubs relegation seemingly think it's OK to waltz into another PL club whilst the club they fked up plays in a division lower.

In this case I would be happy to see as many as possible bugger off the Premiership.

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 14:15 - May 1 with 581 viewsAntti_Heinola

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 13:11 - May 1 by BklynRanger

It's not hard to suggest other things he could have said, even taking a different direction with his platitudes could have yielded this:

"I would prefer to stay in the Premier League, and so would QPR, but we as a team have been relegated. QPR pay my wages, I haven't performed as well as I know I can so it's not a time for me to be talking or looking out for myself."

Not:

"Hint hint...it's been tough for me the last couple of seasons so if someone comfortably mid-table could consider me I'd be more than happy to listen to offers after getting subbed, for yet again doing nothing, at Anfield. I'm more of a lifestyle footballer than a grafter."

The problem is, the quote has already been broken up by the journalist. He may well have said exactly or close to what you said, but the quote has to fit the headline.

Bare bones.

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 14:23 - May 1 with 574 viewsQPRDave

I'd like him to stay in the top flight too
JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 14:25 - May 1 with 566 viewsraskolnikov

It hints at what is really wrong at the club.

We have bemoaned the failure of big-money signings who had achieved in their careers coming to us for a big fat payday, but here we bought a young, promising player believing we would develop his potential and worth. He is certainly not a Boswinga.

He was a standout player the season before who scored some great goals. We had every reason to believe we had secured a great signing. Why has he not developed? Why are we happy to see him go?
JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 14:25 - May 1 with 563 viewsWeaverQPR

Anybody signed in the summer of 2012 should be shipped out

@WeavQPR

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 14:25 - May 1 with 563 viewsBklynRanger

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 14:15 - May 1 by Antti_Heinola

The problem is, the quote has already been broken up by the journalist. He may well have said exactly or close to what you said, but the quote has to fit the headline.

Fair enough Antti, what you say is possible but not probable imo; but the other quotes don't come across with determination or anything we'd hope for from him to put things right next season.

What about this one?
“Yeah, I would agree my form has dipped, but that’s not entirely surprising given the circumstances - but you can’t look back.”

That sounds like "It's understandable I've been a bit crap but I'll be better in a better team, in the PREM. Not my fault honest."

The lad is a laid back, overpaid kunter!
JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 14:29 - May 1 with 552 viewsTacticalR

To be fair, I would prefer to remain in the top flight.

Air hostess clique

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 14:58 - May 1 with 523 viewsAntti_Heinola

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 14:25 - May 1 by BklynRanger

Fair enough Antti, what you say is possible but not probable imo; but the other quotes don't come across with determination or anything we'd hope for from him to put things right next season.

What about this one?
“Yeah, I would agree my form has dipped, but that’s not entirely surprising given the circumstances - but you can’t look back.”

That sounds like "It's understandable I've been a bit crap but I'll be better in a better team, in the PREM. Not my fault honest."

The lad is a laid back, overpaid kunter!

See, this is a growing problem with our fan base. Even we, who have spent the last 18 months bemoaning the number of signings and the quality of them, are addicted to the quick fix.

No good? Get rid. Get someone else in. He's a c***. Get someone young and hungry. We need an experienced head who can lead. We don't want Premier League cast-offs. Players from the lower league aren't good enough. Will that foreigner fancy wet tuesday nights in Blackpool, though?

And so on ad nauseam. Perhaps what we should do is slim the squad a touch, and then actually, you know, COACH WHAT WE HAVE and try and engender some team spirit, rather than just selling everyone and buying a new team for about the 5th season running.

Bare bones.

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 16:09 - May 1 with 490 viewsBklynRanger

The ideas you and I have are not mutually exclusive. I agree with what you're saying for anyone who wants to stay with us and correct these last two seasons. From what I've seen on the pitch of Hoilett and for what I'm admittedly reading into these few lines he is not one of that group.

I could be wrong, the quotes could have been set out in an inaccurate way and it's not as if I have much patience for most of our players at this moment, but I don't think Hoilett will be with us next season.

Depending on the system I think Traore, our player, could do a better job anyway.
JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 17:46 - May 1 with 458 viewsted_hendrix

He's been a huge plop, sorry flop.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 18:32 - May 1 with 438 viewsR_from_afar

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 14:58 - May 1 by Antti_Heinola

See, this is a growing problem with our fan base. Even we, who have spent the last 18 months bemoaning the number of signings and the quality of them, are addicted to the quick fix.

No good? Get rid. Get someone else in. He's a c***. Get someone young and hungry. We need an experienced head who can lead. We don't want Premier League cast-offs. Players from the lower league aren't good enough. Will that foreigner fancy wet tuesday nights in Blackpool, though?

And so on ad nauseam. Perhaps what we should do is slim the squad a touch, and then actually, you know, COACH WHAT WE HAVE and try and engender some team spirit, rather than just selling everyone and buying a new team for about the 5th season running.

I hear what you are saying but here is a player who has let us down and who is now angling for a move. As Junior himself says:

“Of course I want to stay in the top flight — every player does, but that’s for the future after the last few games.”

Thanks for your support, Junior!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 19:50 - May 1 with 399 viewsbobby

swop him for Odemwingie

http://twitter.com/#/bobbyosborne1

JUNIOR Toilett admits he would prefer to remain in the top flight. on 23:23 - May 1 with 356 viewsderbyhoop

2 relegations in 2 seasons. That's a real selling point.

Now, buckle down, put in some decent performances and you will get back to the Premiership - hopefully with QPR. But, if not, for a nice big fee.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024