Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ravel Morrison 12:25 - Jun 11 with 25748 viewsSnipper

According to SSN, we've held initial talks with Ravel Morrison in regard to joining us. An agreement will have to be had with Lazio as he signed a pre contract with them.

Sounds very weird.
Ravel Morrison on 23:15 - Jun 11 with 3146 viewsfrancisbowles

Ravel Morrison on 14:20 - Jun 11 by Suffolk

Adel - Ravel
Frying pan - Fire

Adel puts the fat in the frying pan, Ravel could fire up the team!
Ravel Morrison on 00:11 - Jun 12 with 3077 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Thought he played well on loan and think he's a decent player. If he could fit in he'd be an asset to any Championship side.
Ravel Morrison on 00:15 - Jun 12 with 3068 viewsconnell10

Ravel Morrison on 22:43 - Jun 11 by thompsonridd

He was pretty poor for us under Redknapp but any player would have been under Harry.

Ramsey could get the best out of him and still 22 and very talented....yes for me now we've got a manager who gives a sh.it!!!!

Pretty poor for us????? you and i must have been watching a different player! He was like a beacon of light in a sea of shite when he played for us!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ravel Morrison on 00:29 - Jun 12 with 3048 viewsWilloW4

Ravel Morrison on 00:11 - Jun 12 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Thought he played well on loan and think he's a decent player. If he could fit in he'd be an asset to any Championship side.

He's a very unpleasant young man... Wouldn't have him any where near loftus road again..definitely NO!
Ravel Morrison on 01:40 - Jun 12 with 2996 viewsSydneyRs

Very talented and played some excellent games for us while on loan. Unfortunately he's also a bit of a d1ckhead and turning characters like that around has hardly been our forte over the least few years has it? Let's face it, if he wasn't a d1ckhead we would have no chance of signing him.
Ravel Morrison on 08:08 - Jun 12 with 2906 viewsGloucs_R

Good left sided players are hard to come by and Ravel is what we need. But I would have a clause in his contract that says if you screw up once, you are out.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ravel Morrison on 08:31 - Jun 12 with 2885 viewsMonahoop

Ravel Morrison on 08:08 - Jun 12 by Gloucs_R

Good left sided players are hard to come by and Ravel is what we need. But I would have a clause in his contract that says if you screw up once, you are out.

Agree. Give him a chance and see what he can or cannot do. I don't particularly like him, he is typical of the breed of modern day player who think they are better than they really are, but he did put in some half decent shifts for us when on loan. If he wants to behave like a certain petulant player who has recently departed the hooped ranks, then seek your fortune elsewhere matey.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Ravel Morrison on 08:44 - Jun 12 with 2861 viewsMvpeter

Ravel Morrison on 12:49 - Jun 11 by californiahoop

For us worked very hard, I remember Wigan away in the semi's played a very unselfish role that night, a yes for me.

The one where he was hauled off for not running once leading to him being dropped entirely for the rest of the season?

Are you insane?

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Login to get fewer ads

Ravel Morrison on 08:54 - Jun 12 with 2845 viewsPinnerPaul

Ravel Morrison on 14:39 - Jun 11 by Discodroids

i thought he was more of a playmaker /number 10 type player PP ??? than a forward..

I thought that gladwin geezer we got from swindon was an attacking midfielder and the other lad from swindon a playmaker. i might be wrong.

your right though mate, its a right lesbians larder in the forward department.

would like to see a center back and right full back before its a wonderful night for a moondance ravel.

flogging poor old clint as a player is becoming quite a goulish sado masochistic event to me now. cant see caulker being here, and darnell is nowhere near ready ..other than that, the defence is looking tighter than inter milans circa 1981.

[Post edited 11 Jun 2015 14:44]

Morning,

I'm not exactly overjoyed with the defence as it stands, but without CA we don't have ANYONE as an out & out forward we can have a moan about/predict he's rubbish/say he's a waste of the Charlie money etc!
Ravel Morrison on 08:56 - Jun 12 with 2834 viewsqprewan

I would absolutely love to have him back; could be the difference between being midtable and a promotion push. To all those with a negative view; what exactly did he do wrong when he was with us. thought he had a good attitude myself and scored some good goals too. sign him up!
Ravel Morrison on 09:51 - Jun 12 with 2764 viewsWeaverQPR

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ravel-morrison-quit-lazio-d

@WeavQPR

Ravel Morrison on 10:07 - Jun 12 with 2729 viewsQPunkR

Ravel Morrison on 09:51 - Jun 12 by WeaverQPR

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ravel-morrison-quit-lazio-d

Homesickness??! What a fúcking melt.

Also, any English player who has their first name on the back of their shirt should be forcibly retired from the game. Even if they aren't little wannabe rudebwoi gangstaz like 'Ravel'

QPR - "shit but local"

Ravel Morrison on 10:17 - Jun 12 with 2709 viewstoboboly

So he has bombed out of Man U, West Ham and Cardiff, hasn't even played for Lazio and wants out. He was also dropped in our run in and didn't see any time at Wembley.

Yet because he did well in a team that was so much better than most they were playing we are willing to bend over and spread 'em?

My, we're easily pleased.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Ravel Morrison on 10:45 - Jun 12 with 2665 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fact is, Morrison saved our season after Austin got injured. At times he was the only light in a very, very dark tunnel. Clearly an immensely talented player.
BUT have to agree with others on here - he's a very unpleasant human. Would rather we didn't go for him.

Bare bones.

Ravel Morrison on 14:13 - Jun 12 with 2546 viewsbrad

why not?a yes for me
Ravel Morrison on 14:37 - Jun 12 with 2489 viewsstansleftfoot

This is a real test for QPR and its management, Ravel Morrisons agent can produce a telling video of what the lad did to Champioship side Birmingham plus other evidence of talent.
What he cannot prove is how often and how consistently can he produce what is undoubted match winning form.
So the test for Sir Les a
Ravel Morrison on 14:47 - Jun 12 with 2443 viewswombat

Ravel Morrison on 14:37 - Jun 12 by stansleftfoot

This is a real test for QPR and its management, Ravel Morrisons agent can produce a telling video of what the lad did to Champioship side Birmingham plus other evidence of talent.
What he cannot prove is how often and how consistently can he produce what is undoubted match winning form.
So the test for Sir Les a

imagine the work rate from a midfield from a mid field combining fer and ravel on a bad saturday two players who normally cant be @rsed tracking back even on a good day

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Ravel Morrison on 14:53 - Jun 12 with 2424 viewsterryb

Even Redknapp gave up on him!

More talent than most of our squad but is he really worth the risk?

Allan at Hibs looks twice the player to me!
Ravel Morrison on 14:55 - Jun 12 with 2417 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Whether his (not so) private life has resolved since he was last with us I can't say, but the court case is over, the girl at the centre of the court case is back as his girlfriend, who knows if that is better or just a problem in waiting.

Over the years the risky buys have allways proved interesting, remember a certain Mr Bowles bombed out of Man City after disciplinary issues?

Some you win and some you lose.

And he is a very capable footballer, best comment I have seen on this thread is give him a comfort contract but with clauses relating to contract termination for disciplinary issues.
Ravel Morrison on 15:27 - Jun 12 with 2338 viewsstansleftfoot

Ravel Morrison on 14:55 - Jun 12 by WrightUp5hit___

Whether his (not so) private life has resolved since he was last with us I can't say, but the court case is over, the girl at the centre of the court case is back as his girlfriend, who knows if that is better or just a problem in waiting.

Over the years the risky buys have allways proved interesting, remember a certain Mr Bowles bombed out of Man City after disciplinary issues?

Some you win and some you lose.

And he is a very capable footballer, best comment I have seen on this thread is give him a comfort contract but with clauses relating to contract termination for disciplinary issues.

I was going to say the test is to create a contract that mitigates the risk....one would think its a simple job but somehow it seems to have been out of reach for QPR's recruitment team for many years.
Surely contracts can outline behaviours that cover incidents involving drink, drugs, women, social media, police, the media and why not discipline on the pitch during training and during the match.
You are failing the terms of the contract if issues arriving from behaviour or incidents that involve these disciplinary issues
Seems simple enough, good business men would use employment policy to protect their investment.....? There, perhaps, hangs the tale.....Fernandes or Beard....maybe both?
Obviously sign Ravel Morrison immediately on the right contract!
Ravel Morrison on 15:34 - Jun 12 with 2310 viewsbatmanhoop

pay as you play, first hint of trouble out the door, personally love him down the r's
Ravel Morrison on 15:53 - Jun 12 with 2274 viewsQPunkR

Christ, people saying Tarbs is overrated and yet here is "Ravel" being lauded as the best player we've had in years! Fúck me sideways with a lunchbox, I'll never understand some people!

QPR - "shit but local"

Ravel Morrison on 16:28 - Jun 12 with 2221 viewsVancouverHoop

Ravel Morrison on 15:27 - Jun 12 by stansleftfoot

I was going to say the test is to create a contract that mitigates the risk....one would think its a simple job but somehow it seems to have been out of reach for QPR's recruitment team for many years.
Surely contracts can outline behaviours that cover incidents involving drink, drugs, women, social media, police, the media and why not discipline on the pitch during training and during the match.
You are failing the terms of the contract if issues arriving from behaviour or incidents that involve these disciplinary issues
Seems simple enough, good business men would use employment policy to protect their investment.....? There, perhaps, hangs the tale.....Fernandes or Beard....maybe both?
Obviously sign Ravel Morrison immediately on the right contract!

That's a good question, but I'd guess that if it was legally possible it would have been done long ago. I mean there's a much longer history of movie stars and other celebs behaving appallingly than footballers, but contractually it only hurts them if it prevents them performing.

I'm no lawyer, but I'm guessing that the typical contract can cover football related activities only. Everything else is off limits.

In Canada (and maybe elsewhere) there's a thing called a Personal Services Contract. Which means that we could ask Ravel Morrison to be in bed by 10:00pm and ingest nothing stronger than porridge. Wayne Gretzky had one when he signed with the Edmonton Oilers, but (I think) it was because he was under 18, and the club was acting 'in loco parentis.'
[Post edited 12 Jun 2015 16:29]
Ravel Morrison on 17:07 - Jun 12 with 2172 viewsderbyhoop

Morrison is a young lad from a rough part of Manchester (and that is rough, believe me). His off field troubles are well documented but he wouldn't be the first kid who got in trouble as a young man and then grew up. Somebody mentioned Bowles getting kicked out of Man City and I don't think Sir Les was much of a role model before he had his spell with Besiktas.

Clearly very talented. But obviously flawed. Otherwise QPR wouldn't even be a possible destination. Any offer would need to include a number of clauses relating to behaviour.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ravel Morrison on 17:58 - Jun 12 with 2121 viewsPBLOCK

I would probably take a chance

Did well when on loan and a player who can do a bit of magic in the Championship could be the difference between mid table or play off contenders

It would be in the proviso of a water tight contract that if he messes up he is out and would be a lower basic wage with big appearance / man if the match / goals incentives

I would also send him to meet Leon Jeanne ( currently holidaying at her majesty's) to show him what could happen if he doesn't sort his life out
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024