Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. 18:06 - Jan 11 with 27549 viewsconnell10

Bit early but as its my birthday tomorrow what the hell. I will go for a plucky 1-1 draw. With all the snow forcast tomorrow anyone going to the match please be careful!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 18:07 - Jan 11 with 8309 viewsStanisgod

Prediction time 3-0.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2017 18:08]

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 18:17 - Jan 11 with 8289 viewsNorthernr

Furlong, Doughty, Manning all likely to play. Sylla is back.
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 18:21 - Jan 11 with 8277 viewsted_hendrix

Assistant manager previews meeting with QPR

Royals assistant manager Andries Ulderink feels that hard work and demonstrable quality will be the key to earning a sixth straight win at home when Queens Park Rangers visit on Thursday evening.

He reasserted his belief that Reading’s impressive home form should give confidence — but not complacency.

“Our home form can give us a lot of confidence — but not that much that the team or staff can think the next home game means the next three points,” Andries explained. “It doesn’t work like that, because when you think like that, there will be a moment where you will lose some expensive points.

“We have to give everything again — 100%. And then hopefully after the game we will again have three points.

“It would be arrogant and misplaced to think that in any game in the Championship we are going three points very easily. We have to work very hard and show some quality on the ball, otherwise a well-organised team like QPR can be very hard to score goals against.”

Visitors QPR have made changes at the top since the sides met in West London in October — Dutchman Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has been replaced at the helm by Ian Holloway.

Rangers went on to register six straight league defeats, but they come into this game on the back of consecutive wins against Wolves and Ipswich.

“After QPR switched managers, they have been a little bit unlucky when their new manager started. And in the last couple of games they have got some good results — winning at Wolves was a difficult one, so I think their team will have a little bit more confidence than they had five or six weeks ago.

“It is a good and well-organised team, with some quick players up front, so we have to be sharp and at 100%, and show good quality for getting the three points this Thursday.

“We look more at the recent games they have played — especially since they have switched manager, so it’s not so useful to look back at the game we played over there.

“You see that there is a mentality in that group where they work very hard on the pitch, so it’s going to be a very tough game for us.”

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 18:23 - Jan 11 with 8266 viewsHunterhoop

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 18:17 - Jan 11 by Northernr

Victory!! 2-1 Rangers! I called Wolves correct. We're a similar bogey club for Reading at their gaff in recent years.

With Holloway likely to play Wszolek AND Lua Lua (2 wingers! Praise the Lord!), and Youth in the side keen to impress, plus a returning Sylla, this points to victory! I hope Readinh defend as badly as they did against Utd. Should have been a cricket score that match.
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 18:28 - Jan 11 with 8261 viewsfrancisbowles

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 18:17 - Jan 11 by Northernr

Might depend on how Lynch plays. Seems like he is lurching from triumph to disaster at the moment. Poor game on Saturday, and at home to Villa,whilst very good at Wolves. Must be his turn for another good away performance
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 18:44 - Jan 11 with 8231 viewsDorse

Smithies
Furlong, Lynch, Onouha, Bidwell
Hall, Luongo, Doughty
Wzsolek, Sylla, Lua Lua

Yep - that might work

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 18:45 - Jan 11 with 8235 viewsrsonist

“We’ve sent Perchy home. He absolutely looked totally dreadful — he really felt quite ill.”

“I put Furlong in and my God he looked magnificent. (Osman) Kakay can play there but Furlong is more experienced,” Holloway said.
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 18:57 - Jan 11 with 8212 viewsfrancisbowles

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 18:44 - Jan 11 by Dorse

Smithies
Hall, Luongo, Doughty
Wzsolek, Sylla, Lua Lua

Yep - that might work

Yeh, that line up is quite exciting but Hall in the mid and Luongo on the right of the three. Mackiie will play though, so one of those will probably be on the bench.
Login to get fewer ads

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 18:58 - Jan 11 with 8210 viewsfrancisbowles

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 18:45 - Jan 11 by rsonist

“We’ve sent Perchy home. He absolutely looked totally dreadful — he really felt quite ill.”

“I put Furlong in and my God he looked magnificent. (Osman) Kakay can play there but Furlong is more experienced,” Holloway said.

Not quite sure if his enthusiasm has me excited or worried?
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 19:05 - Jan 11 with 8192 viewsNorthernr

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 18:44 - Jan 11 by Dorse

Smithies
Hall, Luongo, Doughty
Wzsolek, Sylla, Lua Lua

Yep - that might work

I think it's going to be

Smithies
Furlong Onuoha Lynch Bidwell
Manning Hall Doughty
Wzsolek Sylla Mackie

With Lua Lua, who's played hardly any football, to come off the bench
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 19:44 - Jan 11 with 8122 viewsTacticalR

Ian Holloway's interview with Jaap The Rock Stam earlier this season

At 3:30 Stam talks about moving Reading from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3
At 16:50 Holloway seems to agree

Air hostess clique

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 22:27 - Jan 11 with 8016 viewsterryb

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 19:05 - Jan 11 by Northernr

I think it's going to be

Smithies
Furlong Onuoha Lynch Bidwell
Manning Hall Doughty
Wzsolek Sylla Mackie

With Lua Lua, who's played hardly any football, to come off the bench

I'd be very happy with that side.

I just hope that if it went pear shape we would give the youngsters a few more games before any of us start roasting them!
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 22:28 - Jan 11 with 8013 viewsNorthernr

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 22:27 - Jan 11 by terryb

I just hope that if it went pear shape we would give the youngsters a few more games before any of us start roasting them!

Actual lol.
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 22:33 - Jan 11 with 7986 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 22:27 - Jan 11 by terryb

More chance of a David Blunket treble 20.
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 22:47 - Jan 11 with 7955 viewsterryb

Forgot to say Happy Birthday to Connell for tomorrow!

See you next Saturday Sir.
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 00:07 - Jan 12 with 7915 viewsPunteR

Dont normally do away games but as i havnt got Sky anymore and Reading is just down the road, what else am i gonna do on a Thursday night..?.
2-3 QPR.
I know i'm being stupidly optimistic..
You never know though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 00:22 - Jan 12 with 7903 viewsFredManRave

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 00:07 - Jan 12 by PunteR

Dont normally do away games but as i havnt got Sky anymore and Reading is just down the road, what else am i gonna do on a Thursday night..?.
2-3 QPR.
I know i'm being stupidly optimistic..
You never know though.

You'll have a more enjoyable time if you just go reading, even at Holloways place of work, although he's not been seen at his desk much lately...

Fakes 2 - 0 Real

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 04:09 - Jan 12 with 7847 viewsozranger

I'm reading on the Met that heavy rain followed by snow is predicted for today in Reading and then the game tonight. I wonder if this may either (a) see the game called off or (b) alter the dimensions in our favour or not? I'm guessing that Sylla will not be pleased.
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 05:30 - Jan 12 with 7822 viewsJAPRANGERS

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 04:09 - Jan 12 by ozranger

I'm reading on the Met that heavy rain followed by snow is predicted for today in Reading and then the game tonight. I wonder if this may either (a) see the game called off or (b) alter the dimensions in our favour or not? I'm guessing that Sylla will not be pleased.

You've got snow down sarf?? We have 5 months a year of it, gets fkin boring! But life goes on I guess!

Reading 2 QPR 0
[Post edited 12 Jan 2017 5:30]
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 06:36 - Jan 12 with 7773 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Happy Birthday Connell 🎈

Lynch and Shodipo to bang in one each for you 0-2.
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 08:19 - Jan 12 with 7695 viewsDorse

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 04:09 - Jan 12 by ozranger

Within the limitless scope of The Curse, we should expect heavy rain, snow, plague of locusts, the Thames to turn to blood and the death of any homegrown players in the side.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 08:25 - Jan 12 with 7688 viewsDraytonR

Happy Birthday Connell , I think we can get a sneaky draw too !!!

I also think we could get stuffed 5-0 !!!!!
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 08:26 - Jan 12 with 7684 viewsconnell10

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 22:47 - Jan 11 by terryb

Forgot to say Happy Birthday to Connell for tomorrow!

See you next Saturday Sir.

Cheers mate, i would say ill bring you a slice of birthday cake but i would have ate all by then!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 09:12 - Jan 12 with 7638 viewsElHoop

Could be a funny old game tonight - I think that something fairly extreme will happen but I'm not sure what!

Can't see Doughty starting tonight. Reading aren't great at the back so we might as well have a go. There could be plenty of goals tonight.

Smithies
Furlong Hall Lynch Bidwell
Mackie Borysiuk Manning Wszolek
Sylla Washington
its my party and ill cry, Reading Match thread. on 09:28 - Jan 12 with 7616 viewsaston_hoop

I'd go with

Smithies
Furlong Hall Lynch Bidwell
Wszołek Luongo Boris Shodipo
Sylla Mackie

Will Expect
Smithies
Furlong Onouha Lynch Bidwell
Hall Luongo
Mackie Manning Wszołek
Sylla

Either way, I think we're reliant on the Wszołek-Sylla combo coming up trumps and Mackie running around a lot. Cut out the silly defensive mistakes and we can give them a game. Failing that, alcohol will help I'm sure.

1-1 Mackie scoring

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024