Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin 20:35 - Apr 28 with 33725 viewsaston_hoop

Interesting, only a two year deal if he makes enough appearances. That at least frees up some budget for someone able to contribute a bit more

https://www.westlondonsport.com/sport/austin-among-players-potentially-leaving-q

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Austin on 19:21 - May 6 with 3631 viewsgolborne

“club told him they are moving in a different direction and they can’t offer him anything”.

So are we going for total development? They best sort their scouting out first. Even with good scouting it didn’t exactly work out well for Crewe.

Brentford model is what Warbs was working towards
Austin on 19:39 - May 6 with 3558 viewsSonofpugwash

What a shit show we have become.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Austin on 19:45 - May 6 with 3543 viewsArcticHoop

it would be nice to know what is that"new direction"
Austin on 19:49 - May 6 with 3502 viewsSonofpugwash

Austin on 19:45 - May 6 by ArcticHoop

Probably south by southwest.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Austin on 19:53 - May 6 with 3495 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

ok, I’ll do it.

Austin on 19:53 - May 6 with 3489 viewsdistortR

well, isn't that the club being nice about it?

Who really wanted to see him offered a new contract after his form for most of last season? What were they supposed to say?

The retiring line might also be connected with his other jobs.
Austin on 20:26 - May 6 with 3399 viewsted_hendrix

First and foremost we're a football club trying to run a business, we're not some pox ridden Netflix drama programme whereby the leading goalscorer gets binned because he's 33 bloody years old and the daft paying audience sat at home watching the gogglebox all burst into tears.
Jesus bloody wept I couldn't give two flying f uckpig f ucks what Hoos or Ferdinand said, and to be honest I have little or no sympathy for the 'wealthy' Charlie Austin, he's made a bloody good living out of football and he'll sure as hell get another club.

I've spent the most part of my working life in the construction industry watching and listening to people not getting paid--getting laid off at the end of the day as they're respective companies have gone bust overnight so I don't buy into this outpouring of grief for Charlie, he'll be alright don't worry about that, or do worry about that if It helps.

Put it another way If by the 17th December 2022 we're sitting third in the Championship one player who won't be cause for discussion will be Charlie, he'll be long forgotten.

Maybe the club could have handled It better, you know got him in and said here's a bouquet of flowers goodbye.

Loved the bloke no question about that but the club comes first all day long, I've got no choice about it whether I like I or not I have to have faith in the people running our club.

Charlie don't need our sympathy votes.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Austin on 20:39 - May 6 with 3350 viewsdavman

Austin on 20:26 - May 6 by ted_hendrix

First and foremost we're a football club trying to run a business, we're not some pox ridden Netflix drama programme whereby the leading goalscorer gets binned because he's 33 bloody years old and the daft paying audience sat at home watching the gogglebox all burst into tears.
Jesus bloody wept I couldn't give two flying f uckpig f ucks what Hoos or Ferdinand said, and to be honest I have little or no sympathy for the 'wealthy' Charlie Austin, he's made a bloody good living out of football and he'll sure as hell get another club.

I've spent the most part of my working life in the construction industry watching and listening to people not getting paid--getting laid off at the end of the day as they're respective companies have gone bust overnight so I don't buy into this outpouring of grief for Charlie, he'll be alright don't worry about that, or do worry about that if It helps.

Put it another way If by the 17th December 2022 we're sitting third in the Championship one player who won't be cause for discussion will be Charlie, he'll be long forgotten.

Maybe the club could have handled It better, you know got him in and said here's a bouquet of flowers goodbye.

Loved the bloke no question about that but the club comes first all day long, I've got no choice about it whether I like I or not I have to have faith in the people running our club.

Too bloody right.

Yes he deserves respect for what he has done in his first stint and last season and yes kudos to him and the missus for the Community Work they have put in, but this season, two games aside, he has been absolute pony. Not average, not "slightly below par", but utter crap.

Most games he can't run, can't close defenders down, can't hold the ball up and spends a fair bit of time in trying to kick out / rile opposition players as he can't get near them. Yes, he can control a ball, yes, his range of passing has improved and yes, on the few occasions we deliver quality into the box, he can find that space and is great in the air.

BUT his contribution has been shocking.

As a reminder, he sits 30th in our interactive ratings this season with an average of 5.47, so it isn't just me that thinks he has been pony - you all agree too!
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/match-ratings/summary/m

So, it bloody well is a fair question as to whether he is going to retire; he has looked completely shot at times this season.

Sorry of that goes against the grain and you think I am being disrespectful to a "club legend"...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Austin on 20:47 - May 6 with 3315 viewsToast_R

Austin on 20:26 - May 6 by ted_hendrix

Well, when you put it like that... you're probably right.

It's ironic really, my childhood hero in Les giving the bullet to my adultish hero the Austinator. Maybe there is some kind of Netflix'ish melodrama to be had in that.
Austin on 21:24 - May 6 with 3225 viewsBakes

Part 2

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Austin on 22:12 - May 6 with 3110 viewsqueensparker

A proper club legend shouldn’t put the boot in on the club he’s a legend at on the way out.

It will get the Talksport and Twitter mouth breathers on his side and on the club’s back but if he cares about QPR it’s not exactly helpful. It’s just good for his media career.

I don’t blame him as a proud professional and someone with his eye on the next gig, but he can barely run anymore and we were right to let him go. His role in our 20/21 renaissance was immense, no doubt, but time ticks into the legs. His are gone.

Who here would honestly want the 2022/23 Charlie Austin leading our attack?

Thanks for the memories Charlie
Austin on 22:24 - May 6 with 3058 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Austin on 20:39 - May 6 by davman

Too bloody right.

Yes he deserves respect for what he has done in his first stint and last season and yes kudos to him and the missus for the Community Work they have put in, but this season, two games aside, he has been absolute pony. Not average, not "slightly below par", but utter crap.

Most games he can't run, can't close defenders down, can't hold the ball up and spends a fair bit of time in trying to kick out / rile opposition players as he can't get near them. Yes, he can control a ball, yes, his range of passing has improved and yes, on the few occasions we deliver quality into the box, he can find that space and is great in the air.

BUT his contribution has been shocking.

As a reminder, he sits 30th in our interactive ratings this season with an average of 5.47, so it isn't just me that thinks he has been pony - you all agree too!
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/match-ratings/summary/m

So, it bloody well is a fair question as to whether he is going to retire; he has looked completely shot at times this season.

Sorry of that goes against the grain and you think I am being disrespectful to a "club legend"...

30th.

I knew he was very poor, but that is surprising.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Austin on 22:34 - May 6 with 3030 viewsdistortR

Austin on 22:24 - May 6 by BrianMcCarthy

30th.

I knew he was very poor, but that is surprising.

And he was outscored in the league by Luke Amos, who also started less and made less appearances of the bench.
Charlie's piece for his talksport employer is nothing less then we should expect, a puff piece for Charlie without a hint of introspection.
Austin on 22:56 - May 6 with 2931 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Austin on 18:53 - May 6 by Toast_R

Maybe so but he certainly seemed to take offense to it.

What I find, hard to fathom I suppose, is at what point can a striker find form when the club has already decided to use their get out clause by having a word in the managers ear and telling him not to start said player because they don't want to trigger a second year on their contract. Murky road isn't it? Manager takes the flak for not using him or bringing him on when desperate for a goal because his peers have told him not to. You can see where the discourse starts.

We don't know that happened, to be fair.

After all, if Austin had been fit and playing well the manager, club and fans would all have been delighted to see him start him continually and for him to be kept for another year.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Austin on 23:17 - May 6 with 2858 viewsdigswellhoop

hes a has been sorry tosay over weight to slow
Austin on 03:05 - May 7 with 2708 viewsnumptydumpty

Good luck to him.

Last season he was brilliant.

Most of this season average.

It did appear like he was losing motivation to keep fit, interested etc and his form, whether that's been due to personal circumstances or we not playing to his strengths but he wasn't as impactful as he previously always has been.

A great man for the club. Another year here and I feel more and more fans potentially could have begun to got frustrated with the man, hence slightly blurring his great legacy here.

So feel best all round.

His wages for his potential impact next season suggests this is the correct decision. Good luck to him and maybe one day, striker coach be a role he could achieve.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Austin on 04:26 - May 7 with 2683 viewsnadera78

Austin on 03:05 - May 7 by numptydumpty

Good luck to him.

Last season he was brilliant.

Most of this season average.

It did appear like he was losing motivation to keep fit, interested etc and his form, whether that's been due to personal circumstances or we not playing to his strengths but he wasn't as impactful as he previously always has been.

A great man for the club. Another year here and I feel more and more fans potentially could have begun to got frustrated with the man, hence slightly blurring his great legacy here.

So feel best all round.

His wages for his potential impact next season suggests this is the correct decision. Good luck to him and maybe one day, striker coach be a role he could achieve.

Mischievous, at best, from Austin. Could easily argue it was more than that.
Austin on 08:45 - May 7 with 2539 viewsderbyhoop

Given the high wages he has been drawing, allegedly, this is the right decision.
The clubs handling of it has been far from ideal. Nut Austin hasn't helped himself. He's looked overweight and unfit. He's spent more time building a media career than contributing to QPR.

Will always be remembered for his 1st spell and the 2nd half of last season.
Nobody comes out of this with any real credit.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Austin on 09:23 - May 7 with 2492 viewsParkRoyalR

Feels let down by the club, you couldn't make this up.

Not a word of thanks for the compassionate leave they gave him at who knows what cost, being allowed to double-job, the million pound contract he blagged before returning not fit for the season, all of which us mugs will now be paying for with increased season ticket prices whilst he moves on to groom the next gullible mugs at Swindon Town or whoever falls for that crypto-type nonsense he's peddling.

A good finisher in his prime but I'll reserve legend status for players who care about the club as much as themselves, Lee Cook, Jamie Mackie etc this lad is not.
Austin on 09:29 - May 7 with 2483 viewsDieByYourSide

A legend for his first spell, seriously got us out of the shit back end of last season but so disappointing this time around.

Let’s not get it twisted though - it’s all about him. Wish we’d seen more of him running around and looking as arsed as vs Sheff U in a dead rubber when he obviously knew it was his swansong.

The self announced departure and bleating on Talksport (which people are lapping up) could be put down as his “direct” style of communication but let’s be honest the bloke is an egomaniac.

Thanks for the memories but best it ends here, well done the board for negotiating this exit clause.
[Post edited 7 May 2022 9:30]

Poll: And it's hi ho

Austin on 09:44 - May 7 with 2453 viewsParkRoyalR

Austin on 09:29 - May 7 by DieByYourSide

A legend for his first spell, seriously got us out of the shit back end of last season but so disappointing this time around.

Let’s not get it twisted though - it’s all about him. Wish we’d seen more of him running around and looking as arsed as vs Sheff U in a dead rubber when he obviously knew it was his swansong.

The self announced departure and bleating on Talksport (which people are lapping up) could be put down as his “direct” style of communication but let’s be honest the bloke is an egomaniac.

Thanks for the memories but best it ends here, well done the board for negotiating this exit clause.
[Post edited 7 May 2022 9:30]

Yep, the brand moves on whilst the likes of Chris Ramsey and others will be quietly + selflessly doing his regular stint at a homeless shelter + Lee Hoos and others will be working their socks off to fill the ever larger financial blackhole. At least the back of house staff won't have to tolerate his big-time behaviour and us fans can enjoy watching respectful and humble players do their best for the shirt.
Austin on 09:57 - May 7 with 2439 viewssilverbirch

Austin on 19:21 - May 6 by RBlock

This is of course poor from the club. However he's done this season, don't go in with that question. It's clumsy and a bit offensive. That being said, Charlie's comment about "couldn't have done much from the bench" is bollocks. If he'd been anywhere near fit he would have played more, and when he has played he's been gassed. Can't complain about not getting minutes when you let yourself get wildly of shape.

This exactly. The retirement comment sounds harsh but how disappointed they must have been to watch his media career grow along with his waistline, and our high hopes for the season fade away.
Love him and his wife but very relieved it’s a contract we could get out of. How could he expect to stick around when he isn’t training or eating properly?
Thanks for a massive positive contribution to our club and all the best.
Austin on 11:42 - May 7 with 2357 viewsLanhoop

Austin on 14:43 - May 7 with 2172 viewsdavman

...and to add to my negativity, why the hell was he given a pass for today's game? I would have thought he remains under contract and simply couldn't be bothered. Not like we had a glut of plyers to choose from, was it?

Compare that attitude to Adomah, Barbet and especially Dom Ball, all of who turned up and put a decent shift in today.

daveb was so right when he said Austin would have lost his hero status if he'd stayed around next season; to me, on the pitch anyway, he's already lost a bit with me for this season's "contribution".

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Austin on 16:27 - May 7 with 2024 viewsRangersw12

League 1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024