Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin 20:35 - Apr 28 with 33721 viewsaston_hoop

Interesting, only a two year deal if he makes enough appearances. That at least frees up some budget for someone able to contribute a bit more

https://www.westlondonsport.com/sport/austin-among-players-potentially-leaving-q

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Austin on 19:32 - May 5 with 3515 viewsLanhoop

Just posted on Instagram that his time at QPR is up.
Austin on 19:40 - May 5 with 3477 viewsBakes

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Austin on 20:09 - May 5 with 3327 viewsRangersw12

Good luck to him

It hasn't worked out this season but still a legend in my eyes
Austin on 21:00 - May 5 with 3089 viewsbosh67

So much for me thinking we should give him a chance under a new manager until Christmas. A great shame. Absolutely love the guy. A QPR hero.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Austin on 21:04 - May 5 with 3072 viewsdaveB

I think thats the right decision for both parties, I think another season and the number of fans giving him abuse is only going to increase.

Despite all the recent and upcoming character assassinations against him is worth remembering he came back at a time when we were heading for league one, a club going absolutely nowhere and played a massive part in not only turning that around but giving a bit of hope and excitement to QPR fans. The work him and his family do with the community trust, the way he has always tried to make time to talk to fans, he's unique and should be applauded. This season didn't work out for a number of reasons but he should leave with his head held high.

Sone of the best moments of the last 10 years at QPR have involved Austin, I look forward to him coming back into the forever Rs club one day
Austin on 21:13 - May 5 with 3012 viewsStanisgod

Austin on 21:04 - May 5 by daveB

I think thats the right decision for both parties, I think another season and the number of fans giving him abuse is only going to increase.

Despite all the recent and upcoming character assassinations against him is worth remembering he came back at a time when we were heading for league one, a club going absolutely nowhere and played a massive part in not only turning that around but giving a bit of hope and excitement to QPR fans. The work him and his family do with the community trust, the way he has always tried to make time to talk to fans, he's unique and should be applauded. This season didn't work out for a number of reasons but he should leave with his head held high.

Sone of the best moments of the last 10 years at QPR have involved Austin, I look forward to him coming back into the forever Rs club one day

Great post.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Austin on 21:16 - May 5 with 2997 viewsbosh67

Brilliant post.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Austin on 21:42 - May 5 with 2886 viewsNortholt_Rs

100%. Thanks for everything Chazza.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

Austin on 21:52 - May 5 with 2841 viewsBlackCrowe

Absolute Rangers hero (which i don't use lightly, ever). Combination of his advancing years and lack of any quantity of quality supply in the second half of the season made this inevitable but god the goals, many of them crucial, his passion sprinkled with proper sh!thousery makes him a Ranger i will remember very warmly until my memory prevents it.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Austin on 22:05 - May 5 with 2781 viewsLblock

Good luck Charles

Best natural striker I’ve seen for us since Sir Leslie of the Ferdinands.
Didn’t work out this season and the second job stuff was annoying, but I still feel he kept us up last year.

Good luck at Swindon Chaz

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Austin on 00:50 - May 6 with 2513 viewsSydneyRs

Two minds on this. I feel like he was maybe affected by personal issues this season and we also didn't play to his strengths. He'd looked sharp in pre season. His goal in the last game showed the old instincts are very much still there. If he does well elsewhere we may regret this. That said, it probably does make a bit of room wage wise.
Austin on 08:23 - May 6 with 2216 viewsconnell10

To me the bloke is a total Rangers legend and the community work him and his family have been involved in makes him loved even more by me! MISS YA CHAZ!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Austin on 08:51 - May 6 with 2159 viewsTheChef

Good luck Charlie, and thank you!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Austin on 14:29 - May 6 with 1931 viewsderbyhoop

Confirmed on Official site

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Austin on 17:48 - May 6 with 1773 viewsPinnerPaul

Scored some very important goals against some very good teams.

The stadium shaker winner in the play off semi my personal favourite.
Austin on 17:50 - May 6 with 1771 viewsBakes

Charlie has just been on talkSPORT, says Lee and Les called him into the office and asked if he was retiring, feels let down by the club given the relationship he has with QPR, club told him they are moving in a different direction and they can’t offer him anything.

Confirmed he has now left the club and said goodbye to all the staff today and won’t be involved at Swansea.

Austin on 18:05 - May 6 with 1729 viewsbosh67

Austin on 17:50 - May 6 by Bakes

Charlie has just been on talkSPORT, says Lee and Les called him into the office and asked if he was retiring, feels let down by the club given the relationship he has with QPR, club told him they are moving in a different direction and they can’t offer him anything.

Confirmed he has now left the club and said goodbye to all the staff today and won’t be involved at Swansea.

Yes, just heard that. He’s absolutely gutted. The retiring line was such an insult! Just appalling crass disregard and disrespectful.

Never knowingly right.

Austin on 18:07 - May 6 with 1721 viewsToast_R

Chaz - Just been on the Talksport now.

Quite emotional about it and he feels let down by the club. Sounds like as North mentioned earlier, had a Zoom chat with the CEO and after the small talk he was told there would be no offer for a second season, the club is going in a different direction and that's it. What irked him most apparently as he was asked if he was going to be retiring now. He said he was shocked by that remark, he's only 33!

He won't be involved in anyway whatsoever tomorrow that's him done. He said he did some emotional farewells to the staff earlier and he's going to be looking for a new club. He also expressed his gratitude to the fans who he says he will miss terribly and after scoring last Friday at the KPF he really wanted more of it and if it was up to him he'd be staying. That was it in a nutshell.

Well, I can't help but feel very sad about that. A club legend cast off like a bad habit. The club says it is going in a new direction but I fear its that same bloody direction it's been going since February. This is not a good look for Rangers at all. All this Forever R's"We R Together" bollocks just seems rather like a signal of virtue now. I get the need to look after the accounts and that trumps all but as has been said on here, there are ways to go about this and what Rangers appear to be doing is arrogant, disrespectful and feels like we as fans are being rather mugged off to be honest. Embarrassing.

There better be some kind of master plan brewing but my gut instinct tells me we're back to shambolic "it'll be alright on the night" attitude. I don't want to be reading any remarks in the future when a player i.e Manning or BOS want's to leave at the end of their deal. All that bad feeling we as fans get towards players, we need to remember how things are the other side of the coin. How very sad.
Austin on 18:26 - May 6 with 1672 viewsPunteR

Austin on 18:07 - May 6 by Toast_R

Quite emotional about it and he feels let down by the club. Sounds like as North mentioned earlier, had a Zoom chat with the CEO and after the small talk he was told there would be no offer for a second season, the club is going in a different direction and that's it. What irked him most apparently as he was asked if he was going to be retiring now. He said he was shocked by that remark, he's only 33!

He won't be involved in anyway whatsoever tomorrow that's him done. He said he did some emotional farewells to the staff earlier and he's going to be looking for a new club. He also expressed his gratitude to the fans who he says he will miss terribly and after scoring last Friday at the KPF he really wanted more of it and if it was up to him he'd be staying. That was it in a nutshell.

Well, I can't help but feel very sad about that. A club legend cast off like a bad habit. The club says it is going in a new direction but I fear its that same bloody direction it's been going since February. This is not a good look for Rangers at all. All this Forever R's"We R Together" bollocks just seems rather like a signal of virtue now. I get the need to look after the accounts and that trumps all but as has been said on here, there are ways to go about this and what Rangers appear to be doing is arrogant, disrespectful and feels like we as fans are being rather mugged off to be honest. Embarrassing.

There better be some kind of master plan brewing but my gut instinct tells me we're back to shambolic "it'll be alright on the night" attitude. I don't want to be reading any remarks in the future when a player i.e Manning or BOS want's to leave at the end of their deal. All that bad feeling we as fans get towards players, we need to remember how things are the other side of the coin. How very sad.

It is sad and looks badly handled by the club.
You could argue here though that if he wasn't played in the season because of his contract extension clause then he's probably known for a while.
Another factor to our downward spiral perhaps and the agitated dressing room.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Austin on 18:32 - May 6 with 1646 viewsQPR_Jim

To be honest I don't think asking him if he's planning on retiring is an outrageous question. If he was dead set on playing until 35 or 37 you'd imagine that he'd currently be closer to his peak but he already seems to have dropped a few levels in performance in the last 18 months and I guess they saw little to suggest he was going to reverse that trend.
Austin on 18:43 - May 6 with 1621 viewsMyke

Austin on 18:32 - May 6 by QPR_Jim

To be honest I don't think asking him if he's planning on retiring is an outrageous question. If he was dead set on playing until 35 or 37 you'd imagine that he'd currently be closer to his peak but he already seems to have dropped a few levels in performance in the last 18 months and I guess they saw little to suggest he was going to reverse that trend.

Yes,he had the look of a man that was slowly winding down so a legitimate question. Especially when you consider they were watching him every day in training. When you compare him to Ronaldo (not ability wise, but in terms of fitness and desire) you can see how it looks as if Charlie nearing his end. No doubt all the serious injuries taking their toll too.
Great servant to the club. Superb the first time around. Great first 6 months second time. Should not have made deal permanent, but I didn't think that last summer. Thanks for the memories Austin
Austin on 18:53 - May 6 with 1612 viewsToast_R

Austin on 18:32 - May 6 by QPR_Jim

Maybe so but he certainly seemed to take offense to it.

What I find, hard to fathom I suppose, is at what point can a striker find form when the club has already decided to use their get out clause by having a word in the managers ear and telling him not to start said player because they don't want to trigger a second year on their contract. Murky road isn't it? Manager takes the flak for not using him or bringing him on when desperate for a goal because his peers have told him not to. You can see where the discourse starts.
Austin on 18:59 - May 6 with 1603 viewsBakes

Austin on 19:12 - May 6 with 1581 viewsdistortR

First sentence not quite right mate - Les was on zoom as not well but the CEO was in the office, where they spoke.
Probably been very well paid within our budget and has not performed, fitness wise looks ready to retire.
So what are the club supposed to do?
Shame he didn't choose to celebrate Friday's goal with his own fans, but he leaves with my thanks for all the good times.
Austin on 19:21 - May 6 with 1558 viewsRBlock

This is of course poor from the club. However he's done this season, don't go in with that question. It's clumsy and a bit offensive. That being said, Charlie's comment about "couldn't have done much from the bench" is bollocks. If he'd been anywhere near fit he would have played more, and when he has played he's been gassed. Can't complain about not getting minutes when you let yourself get wildly of shape.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024