Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin 20:35 - Apr 28 with 34209 viewsaston_hoop

Interesting, only a two year deal if he makes enough appearances. That at least frees up some budget for someone able to contribute a bit more

https://www.westlondonsport.com/sport/austin-among-players-potentially-leaving-q

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Austin on 11:26 - Apr 29 with 2782 viewsPaddyhoops

Before we all throw Charlie under a bus just remember he had one poor season for us.
Got us to a large degree out of the shite last season .
He has been poor but Lyndon is scoring goals at a rate less than Washington so let's give Charlie a send off if he does go this season.
Austin on 11:27 - Apr 29 with 2751 viewspaulparker

Some of the posts on here are unbelievable, Austin has been a great servant to this club to compare him to the likes of Barton is ludicrous and quite frankly bang out of order
Austin came in last season and helped keep the club up he was a breath of fresh air around the place you don’t go from that to being “finished” a year later
Imo there has been a power struggle between him and Warburton and it’s effected him
Personally I’d give him another year under a different manager because I think he will have a point to prove , if any of our strikers need moving on it’s Dykes & Gray not Austin

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Austin on 11:28 - Apr 29 with 2763 viewsTheChef

Austin on 10:02 - Apr 29 by Dixie_CT

I do hear what you are saying and I don’t think he is the devil incarnate but wouldn’t it have been better not to tweet it? Or at least smarter?

What was to be gained by it?

Remember folks! Footballers generally are not very clever.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Austin on 11:30 - Apr 29 with 2718 viewsParkRoyalR

Austin on 10:54 - Apr 29 by PinnerPaul

Gold or Sullivan also said he only had one leg and only scored pens.

Conspiracy theory number 1,234,541 in the very large bin.

Wally D being his bagman is far from a conspiracy theory, although being out of condition and taking (some) Rangers fans for mugs is a conspiracy theory for some, despite a season's worth of evidence.

Similar to your previous post that fans could'nt comment on a players fitness by using their eyes as they did'nt have access to their GPS tracking data, a baffling comment from a fully qualified Referee, or maybe not when you consider the laughably abysmal standard of refereeing in this country.

Anyway sure anyone with any integrity would feel regret at throwing a good man like Warburton under the bus, as was the case that night when getting the hump (Austin's words) and sulking in the stand.
Austin on 11:32 - Apr 29 with 2707 viewsdaveB

Austin on 11:30 - Apr 29 by ParkRoyalR

Wally D being his bagman is far from a conspiracy theory, although being out of condition and taking (some) Rangers fans for mugs is a conspiracy theory for some, despite a season's worth of evidence.

Similar to your previous post that fans could'nt comment on a players fitness by using their eyes as they did'nt have access to their GPS tracking data, a baffling comment from a fully qualified Referee, or maybe not when you consider the laughably abysmal standard of refereeing in this country.

Anyway sure anyone with any integrity would feel regret at throwing a good man like Warburton under the bus, as was the case that night when getting the hump (Austin's words) and sulking in the stand.

you might want to add the word allegedly in there
Austin on 11:37 - Apr 29 with 2641 viewsParkRoyalR

Austin on 11:26 - Apr 29 by Paddyhoops

Before we all throw Charlie under a bus just remember he had one poor season for us.
Got us to a large degree out of the shite last season .
He has been poor but Lyndon is scoring goals at a rate less than Washington so let's give Charlie a send off if he does go this season.

I'll let you do the maths but...Washington 13 in 92 compares to Dykes 20 in 67?

I'm sure the million quid wasted on Austin this season is more than enough of a send-off.
Austin on 11:40 - Apr 29 with 2644 viewsPinnerPaul

Austin on 11:30 - Apr 29 by ParkRoyalR

The documented insults and untruths spouted by Gold and Sullivan won't have had anything to do with it then?

I don't recall there being much about player fitness on the referee course and it hasn't come up much in the 650 games I've done - but hey ho if your argument feels a bit weak just throw in the old personal insult.

The ignore button is calling - again!
Austin on 11:49 - Apr 29 with 2601 viewsPinnerPaul

Nice fans as well!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61268852
Login to get fewer ads

Austin on 11:50 - Apr 29 with 2586 viewsParkRoyalR

Austin on 11:40 - Apr 29 by PinnerPaul

The documented insults and untruths spouted by Gold and Sullivan won't have had anything to do with it then?

I don't recall there being much about player fitness on the referee course and it hasn't come up much in the 650 games I've done - but hey ho if your argument feels a bit weak just throw in the old personal insult.

The ignore button is calling - again!

I think most fans would agree you can spot the difference from the stands between a fit player (eg Field) to a player not in condition to play even a full 45 mins of championship pace football (eg Austin)

I think most fans would agree that the standards of refereeing in the championship are laughably abysmal.

You have previously disagreed on the first point and may disagree on the latter. That's your right but it does'nt make you right.
Austin on 11:57 - Apr 29 with 2553 viewsPinnerPaul

Austin on 11:50 - Apr 29 by ParkRoyalR

I think most fans would agree you can spot the difference from the stands between a fit player (eg Field) to a player not in condition to play even a full 45 mins of championship pace football (eg Austin)

I think most fans would agree that the standards of refereeing in the championship are laughably abysmal.

You have previously disagreed on the first point and may disagree on the latter. That's your right but it does'nt make you right.

and what do both points have to do with each other?

THAT's my point and what's with the insult?

You don't concede that Austin's tweet COULD have something to do with the frankly disgusting personal comments by the West Ham owners?
Austin on 11:59 - Apr 29 with 2541 viewsdaveB

at least when he goes we can look forward to you showing the same concern about every other players personal life and fitness regime.
Austin on 12:00 - Apr 29 with 2532 viewsAntti_Heinola

'laughably abysmal' - laughable in itself. We can all disagree on decisions, and some refs have had some bad games this season, but fans would do well to spend far less time dwelling over what the refs do. In only very, very rare cases do they affect the result of a match.

Bare bones.

Austin on 12:04 - Apr 29 with 2513 viewsPinnerPaul

Austin on 12:00 - Apr 29 by Antti_Heinola

'laughably abysmal' - laughable in itself. We can all disagree on decisions, and some refs have had some bad games this season, but fans would do well to spend far less time dwelling over what the refs do. In only very, very rare cases do they affect the result of a match.

Indeed, I could write a page in response to that - thankfully for you all, I really can't be bothered!
Austin on 12:24 - Apr 29 with 2411 viewsParkRoyalR

Austin on 11:59 - Apr 29 by daveB

at least when he goes we can look forward to you showing the same concern about every other players personal life and fitness regime.

I have absolutely zero interest in his personal life.

My only interest is that he is fit for service, earns his wages and in doing so shows he has respect for the fans and his employers who are keeping our club out of administration.

I am sure if Jeff Hendrick or Lyndon Dykes take to sulking in The Ellerslie Road Stand, I will have no need to post as this board will be red-hot and we won't be seeing the 'well it was raining maybe he was trying to stay out of the rain' banalities we read on here after the Austin incident.
Austin on 12:29 - Apr 29 with 2386 viewsrobith

Austin on 11:06 - Apr 29 by PinnerPaul

Spot on and Dave B is as well.

Although, being an old git, its not just a QPR 'thing' is it - overreaction and blame are the watch words some live their lives by, it seems to me.

Remember Moses posting a sweating laugh emoji when we won in injury time and Sheff Weds fans had a melt down about it being about them. Football twitter is bananas
Austin on 12:33 - Apr 29 with 2358 viewsfrancisbowles

Austin on 11:27 - Apr 29 by paulparker

Some of the posts on here are unbelievable, Austin has been a great servant to this club to compare him to the likes of Barton is ludicrous and quite frankly bang out of order
Austin came in last season and helped keep the club up he was a breath of fresh air around the place you don’t go from that to being “finished” a year later
Imo there has been a power struggle between him and Warburton and it’s effected him
Personally I’d give him another year under a different manager because I think he will have a point to prove , if any of our strikers need moving on it’s Dykes & Gray not Austin

At least Lyndon can run. Even Andre can muster a bit more than a jog but Charlie doesn't seem to have anything left in his legs.
Austin on 12:46 - Apr 29 with 2317 viewsdaveB

Austin on 12:24 - Apr 29 by ParkRoyalR

I have absolutely zero interest in his personal life.

My only interest is that he is fit for service, earns his wages and in doing so shows he has respect for the fans and his employers who are keeping our club out of administration.

I am sure if Jeff Hendrick or Lyndon Dykes take to sulking in The Ellerslie Road Stand, I will have no need to post as this board will be red-hot and we won't be seeing the 'well it was raining maybe he was trying to stay out of the rain' banalities we read on here after the Austin incident.

if you have zero interest why do you keep mentioning these allegations about his personal life then? You've written several messages about affairs, alleged drug use, drinking etc over last few weeks/months with nothing to back it up, it's all a bit weird.

I get that you don't think he's been very good this season and you'd be happy to see him go but it all feels very personal from you. On the Ellerslise road thing he was clearly in the wrong but he's not the first and won't be the last player to get the hump at being taken off. A week later he got the winner against West Brom and was hugging the manager.
Austin on 13:06 - Apr 29 with 2221 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I'm not interested in all the speculation on his personal life or analysis of his tweets. From a professional footballing perspective, he simply hasn't been anywhere near good enough this season and should be released if possible. I did hope that the team's form pre-February would reignite his passion and provide impetus for a strong 2nd half of the season but it just hasn't happened. This has been big factor in why the squad hasn't been able to get over the line.

Ultimately, Charlie was brought in to score goals and provide leadership. Instead he's been unfit, disinterested, and largely indifferent to the cause. At 33, he won't be improving any time soon and he's in danger of ruining his legacy at the club. If contractually possible, it's time to thank him for past endeavours, wish him well for the future, and bookmark a future spot in the Forever Rs club.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 15:36]
Austin on 13:07 - Apr 29 with 2213 viewsLazyFan

We shall see, but I suspect no Champ club will pick him up in this market.

Chesterfield might though and it's handy for the GeeGee's.

zzzzzzzzzz

Austin on 13:11 - Apr 29 with 2181 viewsPinnerPaul

Austin on 12:46 - Apr 29 by daveB

if you have zero interest why do you keep mentioning these allegations about his personal life then? You've written several messages about affairs, alleged drug use, drinking etc over last few weeks/months with nothing to back it up, it's all a bit weird.

I get that you don't think he's been very good this season and you'd be happy to see him go but it all feels very personal from you. On the Ellerslise road thing he was clearly in the wrong but he's not the first and won't be the last player to get the hump at being taken off. A week later he got the winner against West Brom and was hugging the manager.

as I've said countless times, he was laughing and joking with the manager at that very game.

I'm still struggling to see the link between Austin's fitness and refereeing, but then I've struggled all season to see the links to Charlie Austin Mr Royal brings to most threads!
Austin on 13:15 - Apr 29 with 2154 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Austin on 13:06 - Apr 29 by Benny_the_Ball

I'm not interested in all the speculation on his personal life or analysis of his tweets. From a professional footballing perspective, he simply hasn't been anywhere near good enough this season and should be released if possible. I did hope that the team's form pre-February would reignite his passion and provide impetus for a strong 2nd half of the season but it just hasn't happened. This has been big factor in why the squad hasn't been able to get over the line.

Ultimately, Charlie was brought in to score goals and provide leadership. Instead he's been unfit, disinterested, and largely indifferent to the cause. At 33, he won't be improving any time soon and he's in danger of ruining his legacy at the club. If contractually possible, it's time to thank him for past endeavours, wish him well for the future, and bookmark a future spot in the Forever Rs club.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 15:36]

Agree 100% you've put that perfectly for me. The reason he was loved and revered first time around was for his goals and influence on the team, we have simply not seen that this season.
Austin on 13:18 - Apr 29 with 2128 views89_50

To get back to the original post, the foresight should be applauded if we do indeed have that clause in his contract.

In the sea of this Warbs fall-out, it's worth remembering that we do have the pragmatism of Hoos running the books, which in itself is priceless, and offers a ray of hope that we're not going to turn into Derby overnight.

Regarding Austin, it was always either going to be a total success or risk him becoming a detriment to the squad. His impact last season cannot be ignored and rightly furthered his legacy at the club (if it was ever in doubt). But this season hasn't been great and it may be smart for both parties to shake hands and walk off into the sunset while they still get along.
Austin on 13:23 - Apr 29 with 2104 viewsParkRoyalR

Austin on 12:46 - Apr 29 by daveB

A players lifestyle (not their personal life) only becomes relevant when you watch a player exhausted as has been the case at times this year (imo) after 15 minutes of football. I was genuinely surprised he re-appeared after HT v Rotherham and was not surprised he climbed into the stands after 55 mins as could see he was completely exhausted. Why?

This is when lifestyle is relevant, as if you think the right thing to do after struggling for 55 mins against a League 1 team is to head to the local for a few post-match pints, your judgement (and lifestyle) do come into question.

Other than Rio Ferdinand (who hardly counts as an R's player), I can't think of another of our players who's been in court accused of drug-taking (and / or staged a sit down protest in the stands, although Taarabt at Fulham comes close). Austin ticks both those boxes.

I don't think commenting on the above is weird, I think its being honest and not being taken for a fool. Some might think it weird that Warburton preferred Ilias Chair as his 2nd forward as presumably did not trust Austin's fitness / workrate. I for one completely understood why he was forced to make that call this season, and believe its a contributing factor to our missing out on the play-offs and Warburton being let go.
Austin on 14:00 - Apr 29 with 1976 viewsdaveB

Austin on 13:23 - Apr 29 by ParkRoyalR

A players lifestyle (not their personal life) only becomes relevant when you watch a player exhausted as has been the case at times this year (imo) after 15 minutes of football. I was genuinely surprised he re-appeared after HT v Rotherham and was not surprised he climbed into the stands after 55 mins as could see he was completely exhausted. Why?

This is when lifestyle is relevant, as if you think the right thing to do after struggling for 55 mins against a League 1 team is to head to the local for a few post-match pints, your judgement (and lifestyle) do come into question.

Other than Rio Ferdinand (who hardly counts as an R's player), I can't think of another of our players who's been in court accused of drug-taking (and / or staged a sit down protest in the stands, although Taarabt at Fulham comes close). Austin ticks both those boxes.

I don't think commenting on the above is weird, I think its being honest and not being taken for a fool. Some might think it weird that Warburton preferred Ilias Chair as his 2nd forward as presumably did not trust Austin's fitness / workrate. I for one completely understood why he was forced to make that call this season, and believe its a contributing factor to our missing out on the play-offs and Warburton being let go.

he was in court over assault which took place in 2012, not over drug taking, helps to clarify so Clive avoids any legal issues. I think to raise that case which happened before he signed for QPR in 2013 is a bit weird to be honest and has no relevance to his performances this season.

maybe he was wrong to play Chair up front and should have gone with Austin or Gray with Chair in his more natural deeper role, all very well slating his fitness, lifestyle etc but only have to look at our record this season with or without him
First half of the season he started 12 league games and we finished 2021 in the top 6
2022 he's started 2 league games and we've dropped to 10th. Maybe he should have been picked a bit more, maybe it wouldn't have made a difference who knows but not sure he quite deserves the regular kicking you are giving him.

Certainly feels right to shake hands with him and go separate ways in the summer, one of very few players in the last 30 years to score more than 50 goals for us, Gallen was another who managed that and also liked a pint after games with fans, Austin deserves far more respect imo.
Austin on 14:25 - Apr 29 with 1865 viewsParkRoyalR

Austin on 14:00 - Apr 29 by daveB

he was in court over assault which took place in 2012, not over drug taking, helps to clarify so Clive avoids any legal issues. I think to raise that case which happened before he signed for QPR in 2013 is a bit weird to be honest and has no relevance to his performances this season.

maybe he was wrong to play Chair up front and should have gone with Austin or Gray with Chair in his more natural deeper role, all very well slating his fitness, lifestyle etc but only have to look at our record this season with or without him
First half of the season he started 12 league games and we finished 2021 in the top 6
2022 he's started 2 league games and we've dropped to 10th. Maybe he should have been picked a bit more, maybe it wouldn't have made a difference who knows but not sure he quite deserves the regular kicking you are giving him.

Certainly feels right to shake hands with him and go separate ways in the summer, one of very few players in the last 30 years to score more than 50 goals for us, Gallen was another who managed that and also liked a pint after games with fans, Austin deserves far more respect imo.

fine, that's your take, but lets not go down the politicians route of half-truths,

he was found guilty of assault, with the complainant asserting he was attacked because he witnessed and accused him of taking drugs in a toilet cubicle, denied by the defendant as would be career ending and counter-claimed he struck the complainant only because he had filmed him whilst he was in a toilet cubicle in the nightclub,

similar 'stories', similarly unproven in a court of law, were made during his previous spell at ours, so not weird and not irrelevant,

anyway great to see the club being so cautious and commercially astute in this particular deal, be interesting to see if SJ's deal is similarly conditioned or if this is a one-off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024