Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin 20:35 - Apr 28 with 34210 viewsaston_hoop

Interesting, only a two year deal if he makes enough appearances. That at least frees up some budget for someone able to contribute a bit more

https://www.westlondonsport.com/sport/austin-among-players-potentially-leaving-q

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Austin on 22:47 - Apr 28 with 4014 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Austin on 22:28 - Apr 28 by Northernr

A senior player posting "goodbye pet" as the manager gets binned?

Couldn't it be about himself leaving though?
Austin on 22:50 - Apr 28 with 4004 viewsDejR_vu

Austin on 22:12 - Apr 28 by Northernr

This is poor.

I remember a wise Brian McCarthy raising eyebrows when he said "I don't trust him".

And after the season he’s had, he’s a wrongun (Austin, not Brian 😉)

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Austin on 22:52 - Apr 28 with 3990 viewsNorthernr

Austin on 22:47 - Apr 28 by Wegerles_Stairs

Yes you’re right, it could. Probably more likely that as well.
Austin on 22:53 - Apr 28 with 3982 viewsE17hoop

Austin on 22:32 - Apr 28 by Northernr

That Rotherham game was never right.

Sitting in an empty stand because you didn't want to sit on the bench after being subbed was fúcking stupid. Lost a lot of respect from that point on.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Austin on 22:57 - Apr 28 with 3950 viewsDejR_vu

Austin on 22:47 - Apr 28 by Wegerles_Stairs

If it’s that, it’s incredibly crass under the circumstances.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Austin on 23:07 - Apr 28 with 3884 viewsdaveB

This is poor.

I remember a wise Brian McCarthy raising eyebrows when he said "I don't trust him".

he's probably just tweeting about the West Ham game
Austin on 23:12 - Apr 28 with 3855 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Austin on 22:28 - Apr 28 by Northernr

A senior player posting "goodbye pet" as the manager gets binned?

It could be read as 'Goodbye to Warburton' or 'Goodbye (from Austin himself) to Rangers'.

Either way, it's not good. If it's the latter, he could have had the grace to let Warburton have his night of thanks and congrats. If it's the former, well...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Austin on 23:15 - Apr 28 with 3816 viewsdaveB

Austin on 23:12 - Apr 28 by BrianMcCarthy

It could be read as 'Goodbye to Warburton' or 'Goodbye (from Austin himself) to Rangers'.

Either way, it's not good. If it's the latter, he could have had the grace to let Warburton have his night of thanks and congrats. If it's the former, well...

it's probably neither, was posted the same time the Germans scored against West Ham
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 23:16]
Login to get fewer ads

Austin on 23:17 - Apr 28 with 3785 viewsParkRoyalR

Austin on 23:07 - Apr 28 by daveB

he's probably just tweeting about the West Ham game

Could be payback for how they treated his good pal and bagman Wally D!
Austin on 23:23 - Apr 28 with 3747 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Austin on 23:15 - Apr 28 by daveB

it's probably neither, was posted the same time the Germans scored against West Ham
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 23:16]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Austin on 23:30 - Apr 28 with 3702 viewsdaveB

Austin on 23:17 - Apr 28 by ParkRoyalR

I'd ask for a translation to that as makes no sense but imagine it will be slanderous
Austin on 05:06 - Apr 29 with 3370 viewsDixie_CT

Injections just to get through and well done to the club for safeguarding themselves with the contract.

An owners signing forced upon the manager doesn’t often work out well. I thought the DoF was supposed to stop this sort of thing?

The Auf Weidershen tweet is clumsy at best but then you have a man tweeting his annoyance at a bookies for challenging his bets and putting how much he has wagered up. Not really that in touch is he?

Fragile ego covered by wealth. See ya 👋🏼
Austin on 06:42 - Apr 29 with 3303 viewsPunteR

This is poor.

Is he going back on the trowel in Germany?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Austin on 06:56 - Apr 29 with 3265 viewsdistortR

This is poor.

an aside, but he wasn't raising his eyebrows. Bloke doesn't age, he's clearly had work done. It'll come back to bite him one day, mark my words.....................
Austin on 07:08 - Apr 29 with 3233 viewsSydneyRs

Austin is a legend for his first spell and was good last season. However this year he looks finished and way beyond his actual age. Not good enough and a waste of a significant wage. In the circs the news about his contract is good as we won't be forced to hold onto him for another year.

Have to say the absolute tank in form since Jan suggests something not right behind the scenes. Whether Warbs is responsible for this or not, he seems to be the one taking the fall.

I'm not optimistic about what lies ahead after some great progress the last couple of years. Hope I'm wrong.
Austin on 09:28 - Apr 29 with 2937 viewsslmrstid

Been lots of big talk from Mr Austin and Mrs Austin this year but sadly if you're going to talk that talk, then you need to deliver.

And he hasn't, for the most part, in the slightest. In fact he has been shockingly poor.

And others are right in saying how old he looks - he's actually only a few weeks older than me yet looks a good 7-8 years older. I get that injuries have probably taken their toll on him, but at the same time he's aged quite substantially.
Austin on 09:55 - Apr 29 with 2827 viewsdaveB

It is funny how much can be read into a tweet. Real character assassination's going on and some wild accusations against him over a 5 word tweet, no comments about the other ones he made last night about Ronaldo or arranging to give a QPR shirt to a fan after the game tomorrow. Maybe he was trying to have a dig at Warburton, maybe hinting he is leaving, maybe he's off to Germany or laughing at West Ham or maybe he's about to watch an 80's tv show after watching the football. Only he knows really but the reaction like most things at QPR is all a bit mad and over the top.
Austin on 10:02 - Apr 29 with 2787 viewsDixie_CT

I do hear what you are saying and I don’t think he is the devil incarnate but wouldn’t it have been better not to tweet it? Or at least smarter?

What was to be gained by it?
Austin on 10:12 - Apr 29 with 2721 viewsdaveB

Austin on 10:02 - Apr 29 by Dixie_CT

I do hear what you are saying and I don’t think he is the devil incarnate but wouldn’t it have been better not to tweet it? Or at least smarter?

What was to be gained by it?

not much can be gained from any tweet anyone sends but do think if that was the only thing he sent out last night Id agree it would be at best bad timing but he sent several tweets about various things last night. Austin is not very popular at the moment so people think the worst.
Austin on 10:16 - Apr 29 with 2678 viewsBeckenhamhoop

The timing and wording was provocative and he knew that. He likes to get a reaction. He reminds me, in several ways, of Joey Barton.
Austin on 10:54 - Apr 29 with 2527 viewsPinnerPaul

Austin on 23:17 - Apr 28 by ParkRoyalR

Gold or Sullivan also said he only had one leg and only scored pens.

Conspiracy theory number 1,234,541 in the very large bin.
Austin on 11:03 - Apr 29 with 2459 viewsrobith

Austin on 09:55 - Apr 29 by daveB

It is funny how much can be read into a tweet. Real character assassination's going on and some wild accusations against him over a 5 word tweet, no comments about the other ones he made last night about Ronaldo or arranging to give a QPR shirt to a fan after the game tomorrow. Maybe he was trying to have a dig at Warburton, maybe hinting he is leaving, maybe he's off to Germany or laughing at West Ham or maybe he's about to watch an 80's tv show after watching the football. Only he knows really but the reaction like most things at QPR is all a bit mad and over the top.

Have to agree - I initially thought it was terrible, but on reflection, he was clearly talking about West Ham. Probably shows how tightly strung everyone is right now
Austin on 11:06 - Apr 29 with 2420 viewsPinnerPaul

Austin on 11:03 - Apr 29 by robith

Have to agree - I initially thought it was terrible, but on reflection, he was clearly talking about West Ham. Probably shows how tightly strung everyone is right now

Spot on and Dave B is as well.

Although, being an old git, its not just a QPR 'thing' is it - overreaction and blame are the watch words some live their lives by, it seems to me.
Austin on 11:14 - Apr 29 with 2368 viewswombat

Austin on 11:06 - Apr 29 by PinnerPaul

Spot on and Dave B is as well.

Although, being an old git, its not just a QPR 'thing' is it - overreaction and blame are the watch words some live their lives by, it seems to me.

100% about the west ham game last night but cant beat a good with hunt for some .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Austin on 11:25 - Apr 29 with 2311 viewsJuzzie

This is why I hate Twitter from both the way people post on it and how words are (mis)interpreted.

For this one in particular it's read as potentially three ways and already people are judge, jury and executioner.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024