Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin 20:35 - Apr 28 with 33724 viewsaston_hoop

Interesting, only a two year deal if he makes enough appearances. That at least frees up some budget for someone able to contribute a bit more

https://www.westlondonsport.com/sport/austin-among-players-potentially-leaving-q

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Austin on 14:27 - Apr 29 with 5154 viewsjoe90

I have nothing against Austin, but I think we'll be better off without him.

Shouldn't have brought him back.
Austin on 14:29 - Apr 29 with 5133 viewssparkey

Austin on 14:27 - Apr 29 by joe90

He helped turn our season around last season. Hasnt worked out but at the start of this season the deal made complete sense and was a no-brainer.

Charlie will always be a club legend in my view but its better he leaves before his legacy turns sour
Austin on 14:33 - Apr 29 with 5098 viewsdaveB

Austin on 14:25 - Apr 29 by ParkRoyalR

fine, that's your take, but lets not go down the politicians route of half-truths,

he was found guilty of assault, with the complainant asserting he was attacked because he witnessed and accused him of taking drugs in a toilet cubicle, denied by the defendant as would be career ending and counter-claimed he struck the complainant only because he had filmed him whilst he was in a toilet cubicle in the nightclub,

similar 'stories', similarly unproven in a court of law, were made during his previous spell at ours, so not weird and not irrelevant,

anyway great to see the club being so cautious and commercially astute in this particular deal, be interesting to see if SJ's deal is similarly conditioned or if this is a one-off.

a court case 10 years ago and rumours from his first spell with us 5/6 years ago, again can't see how any of that is relevant to this season
Austin on 14:35 - Apr 29 with 5078 viewsrobith

Austin on 14:29 - Apr 29 by sparkey

He helped turn our season around last season. Hasnt worked out but at the start of this season the deal made complete sense and was a no-brainer.

Charlie will always be a club legend in my view but its better he leaves before his legacy turns sour

Yep, I was apprehensive about him when he first came back, but we were in real danger of going down when he came in, he gave the team a massive shot in the arm both on and off the pitch. It hasn't gone as i think both parties would've liked. But it is historical retconning to say he's done nothing in this second spell and never should've been signed.
Austin on 14:38 - Apr 29 with 5056 viewsMelakaRanger

I'd keep him on for another year on a pay as you play basis. I cant really see any other club paying good money to him . He's huffed and puffed this year. He is a shadow of his self only 18 months ago

How about £1000 a week basic. £5000 for every goal he scores, if he scores 3 in a match thats doubled, so he'd get £30,000 for a hat trick. £2500 for every 'assist'. £50,000 if he plays more than 45 mins in at least 25 games. £500,000 if we get promoted

If hes convinced he can still 'cut it' at this level and stay fit he could earn a good wage on thios basis
Austin on 15:11 - Apr 29 with 4934 viewsjoe90

Austin on 14:29 - Apr 29 by sparkey

I can't deny his loan spell was great, but not sure I'd attribute our change in form entirely to him. Equally, I wouldn't blame him for our dip in form this season.
Austin on 15:43 - Apr 29 with 4832 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Austin on 14:38 - Apr 29 by MelakaRanger

I'd keep him on for another year on a pay as you play basis. I cant really see any other club paying good money to him . He's huffed and puffed this year. He is a shadow of his self only 18 months ago

How about £1000 a week basic. £5000 for every goal he scores, if he scores 3 in a match thats doubled, so he'd get £30,000 for a hat trick. £2500 for every 'assist'. £50,000 if he plays more than 45 mins in at least 25 games. £500,000 if we get promoted

If hes convinced he can still 'cut it' at this level and stay fit he could earn a good wage on thios basis

I get the idea but the problem with such terms is:
(1) He'll probably be offered better terms elsewhere and at his age security is key;
(2) If he gets injured he'll earn £1k pw and will have to cross his fingers that the team get promoted without him;
(3) If he's fit and selected, he's unlikely to pass to a teammate in a better position.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 15:45]
Austin on 16:22 - Apr 29 with 4729 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Austin on 11:27 - Apr 29 by paulparker

Some of the posts on here are unbelievable, Austin has been a great servant to this club to compare him to the likes of Barton is ludicrous and quite frankly bang out of order
Austin came in last season and helped keep the club up he was a breath of fresh air around the place you don’t go from that to being “finished” a year later
Imo there has been a power struggle between him and Warburton and it’s effected him
Personally I’d give him another year under a different manager because I think he will have a point to prove , if any of our strikers need moving on it’s Dykes & Gray not Austin

You think he’s been involved in a power struggle with the Manager. So nothing like Barton at all then!
Login to get fewer ads

Austin on 16:43 - Apr 29 with 4654 viewspaulparker

Austin on 16:22 - Apr 29 by Beckenhamhoop

You think he’s been involved in a power struggle with the Manager. So nothing like Barton at all then!

So you think Austin is like Barton do ? After all he has done for the club

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Austin on 17:24 - Apr 29 with 4510 viewsbaz_qpr

Austin on 11:50 - Apr 29 by ParkRoyalR

I think most fans would agree you can spot the difference from the stands between a fit player (eg Field) to a player not in condition to play even a full 45 mins of championship pace football (eg Austin)

I think most fans would agree that the standards of refereeing in the championship are laughably abysmal.

You have previously disagreed on the first point and may disagree on the latter. That's your right but it does'nt make you right.

You say that but when it was pointed out that Stef Jo has clearly not been fit, multiple posts telling those he said how wrong we were, turns out he's not been training properly since November
Austin on 17:25 - Apr 29 with 4503 viewsGaryT

Austin on 21:00 - Apr 28 by daveB

makes a lot more sense as to why he hasn't started games recently when Dykes was playing poorly. Probably for the best if he goes, been a very good player for us but had a poor season.

Dykes isn't playing well, you know you need to rack up the games to trigger the 2nd year of your contract and you aren't getting games. That probably led to some interesting conversations in the managers office and would explain Austin's less than stellar performances this year? (but then again, wouldn't you want to up your game and put yourself in the shop window for other clubs?...oh forget it, what do I know!)
Austin on 18:49 - Apr 29 with 4327 viewsPinnerPaul

PFA Community Champion of the Year and he starts tonight.
Austin on 18:56 - Apr 29 with 4304 viewsJimmyR

Austin on 14:25 - Apr 29 by ParkRoyalR

fine, that's your take, but lets not go down the politicians route of half-truths,

he was found guilty of assault, with the complainant asserting he was attacked because he witnessed and accused him of taking drugs in a toilet cubicle, denied by the defendant as would be career ending and counter-claimed he struck the complainant only because he had filmed him whilst he was in a toilet cubicle in the nightclub,

similar 'stories', similarly unproven in a court of law, were made during his previous spell at ours, so not weird and not irrelevant,

anyway great to see the club being so cautious and commercially astute in this particular deal, be interesting to see if SJ's deal is similarly conditioned or if this is a one-off.

Great to see we have one of the top legal minds available on this case

If it wasn’t for you brining it up all the time I wouldn’t have even known about a footballer punching someone in a nightclub. Hardly the first time is it?

100% won’t be the last.
Austin on 20:16 - Apr 29 with 4135 viewspaulparker

Amazing when you give a striker of that ability some service isn’t it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Austin on 20:36 - Apr 29 with 4096 viewsRangersw12

Austin on 20:16 - Apr 29 by paulparker

Amazing when you give a striker of that ability some service isn’t it

Last time he had a cross like that was at WBA home
Austin on 20:48 - Apr 29 with 4023 viewsjohncharles

Austin on 14:27 - Apr 29 by joe90

Not your greatest post 😱

Strong and stable my arse.

Austin on 20:56 - Apr 29 with 4004 viewsqpr1976

Austin on 22:30 - Apr 28 by ozexile

Some of Austin's tweets recently have led me to believe there's a problem behind the scenes with him and Warburton. And I think his latest tweet proves it. Childish.

Probably just a reaction to not getting enough starts to get a second year with us.
Austin on 22:47 - Apr 29 with 3786 viewsRangersw12

Austin on 22:49 - Apr 29 with 3768 viewsStanisgod

Well, he looked fitter, faster and more on it tonight than all season, good goal, a good old fashioned shot, some good lay offs etc.
Just a coincidence I suppose 🤔🤔

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Austin on 23:24 - Apr 29 with 3607 viewsbaz_qpr

Yeah agree with that, Charlie of old tonight, great finish too. Shame it was such a shower around him. I thought after 20 we were going to get tonked 6 or 7 we were so bad, but then so we the blades.

Second half men against the boys, and shows what a difference it is when you have a keeper who will come and claim a cross. I would maintain Dieng possibly a bigger loss than Willock
Austin on 21:12 - May 4 with 2764 viewsdaveB

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/community-news/charlie-austin-wins-pfa-community-cham
Austin on 22:12 - May 4 with 2530 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Austin on 21:12 - May 4 by daveB

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/community-news/charlie-austin-wins-pfa-community-cham

Well that’s got to be with 10 points of it’s self!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Austin on 14:59 - May 5 with 1989 viewsfrancisbowles

Christ, Sinton looks huge in that photo!
Austin on 18:44 - May 5 with 1740 viewsbosh67

I'm going to go against the grain here. I think whoever the club should have a frank talk with him and say that he hadn't performed to what he can given circumstances and lack of fitness. He should have the chance to prove himself under another manager until at least Christmas, see how his season starts and go from there. I am not too sure that he is 'shot'. I think a fitter more focused Charlie next season may be a more useful part of our squad. Also if a new manager is going to play with wingers that swing the ball in then we all know what he can do. Let's face it, this is QPR. We will let him go to a Championship rival and he'll score 20 goals. You just know that's going to happen!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Austin on 19:07 - May 5 with 1646 viewsQPR_Jim

Austin on 18:44 - May 5 by bosh67

I'm going to go against the grain here. I think whoever the club should have a frank talk with him and say that he hadn't performed to what he can given circumstances and lack of fitness. He should have the chance to prove himself under another manager until at least Christmas, see how his season starts and go from there. I am not too sure that he is 'shot'. I think a fitter more focused Charlie next season may be a more useful part of our squad. Also if a new manager is going to play with wingers that swing the ball in then we all know what he can do. Let's face it, this is QPR. We will let him go to a Championship rival and he'll score 20 goals. You just know that's going to happen!

I'm not so sure, he seems distracted by his media work and other hobbies which I can't see changing. It's a shame because I think in 2-3 years time he'll be retired and won't have the opportunity to play at this level again but he'll have plenty of options for media work. So I hope he doesn't regret not at least giving himself as much game time as possible and stretching his career as much as he can.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024