Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fernandes says we should manage expectations 06:27 - Nov 9 with 12699 viewsSuffolkHoop

@tonyfernandes: Qpr fans should manage expectations. No club is more transparent than us. Lots and lots been done
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 16:20 - Nov 9 with 2131 viewsitsbiga

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 10:28 - Nov 9 by Juzzie

About 3 weeks ago; "tonyfernandes_official__Harlington looking good. Boys working hard. Let's see. I do believe. But results speak. Going up is the world for me."

https://instagram.com/p/83B_1KzLct/

And he's talking about fans not raising expectations??!!

I genuinely believe he wants the best for club but he really needs keep these things internally, not on public domain.

TF should be banned by the club of making any public statements at all about the club.
Every time he opens his mouth he makes a tit of himself and a laughing stock out of the club.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 16:24 - Nov 9 with 2121 viewsMvpeter

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 15:48 - Nov 9 by whittocksRs

He clearly wants to sell the club and is trying to make it as attractive as possible for investors. Hopefully, they've already written us off and are looking to offload for a reasonable price (around what they paid? £50-odd million?). They should be able to do that.

The problem comes when they can't sell — say they want too much money to massage their losses — and then are forced to recapitalise Tune/AirAsia, which looks like happening. Then assets, i.e. QPR and the stadium, become viable targets for banks owed monies. As it stands, Fernandes cannot make his investment on QPR back.

We've worryingly already borrowed heavily against the stadium.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 16:44 - Nov 9 with 2096 viewslondonscottish

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 16:24 - Nov 9 by Mvpeter

We've worryingly already borrowed heavily against the stadium.

Surely they wouldn't invent a stadium against which they could borrow some money. Would they.......?

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 17:09 - Nov 9 with 2071 viewsVancouverHoop

"No club is more transparent than us."

So transparent there's no substance there are at all.
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 17:34 - Nov 9 with 2014 viewsNW5Hoop

RE The equity conversion …

Seems to me that the sacking of Ramsey and the equity conversion must be linked. The owners are presumably not interested in simply writing off the best part of £200m quid, and have combined their restructuring of the finances with the decision to hire a coach, whoever that turns out to be, more likely to get the club back to the Premier League so they can try to get some of that money back. It also seems entirely possible to me this has been done with FFP in mind: if it's no longer debt, they will argue, it's not an FFP issue.

Even if they are selling, I'm sure they won't say so - if it happens, it will come as a surprise to us all. You announce you're offloading a shit club in a financial mess, and you end up with offers of peanuts.

But before anyone hails their generosity in converting debt to equity, I am sure this is not done from the goodness of their hearts. They will want to get that money back, somehow, from somewhere.
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 18:03 - Nov 9 with 1938 viewsPunteR

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

This is the point, he hasn't been unlucky ,he's made bad decisions.
He sacked Warnock after 5 months of getting us promoted.
He appointed Hughes after Hughes interviewed the club, gave Hughes and his shark agent his gold credit card,signing all and sundry.
Appointed another Hughes colleague Rigg . Who then went on to dismantle whatever coaching set up we didn't have anyway.
Sacked all that lot after not even a year.
Appointed that lying wheeler dealer, who signed another 20 players,who then jacked it in when TF wouldn't give him more funds.
Then appoints a youth team coach with limited experience with a promise of long term plans only to sack him after 3-4 months into the season.
Gets Warnock back in.
Sorry, but for me, he hasn't been unlucky ,just made bad decisions. Let alone all his ridiculous tweets, 40,000 seater stadiums, dream managers, no training ground, etc etc.
I've seen a post saying its better the devil you know with Tf. Sorry but when your talking multi millions of pounds and the future of our club, better the devil you know seems a poor excuse for TF, and it has to be said the rest of the owners.
Its quite easy for them to say to Ramsey to step up, how about they step up and stop making our club look ridiculous.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2015 21:02]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 18:32 - Nov 9 with 1878 viewsderbyhoop

In a 140 character tweet you're unlikely to be able to explain any decision in any depth. In that case, despite his love affair with Twitter he'd be well advised to think 5 times before tweeting anything.

He's made a lot of mistakes over the last 4 years and, with Air Asia struggling, any businessman would divest his peripheral interests, i.e. Caterham (already gone) and QPR. I really don't know how he's going to get out of this.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 18:51 - Nov 9 with 1828 viewsSimonJames

On the subject of new managers, who in their right mind would sign up for the job if there is a likelihood that the club will be sold?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 19:21 - Nov 9 with 1797 viewsPlanetHonneywood

So he tells us to manage our expectations, after spunking several hundred millions of cash earned and ending £250m down, I am sure there are many things we can tell him that he should have managed better!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 23:59 - Nov 9 with 1575 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Only at QPR could a chairman raise his expectations of the head coach before promptly firing him and telling the fans to manage theirs.
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 01:03 - Nov 10 with 1555 viewstimcocking

TF should just understand, most fans are stupid and actually seem to think what the newspapers and other stupid people on social media tell them, so he can't win whatever he does.
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 07:56 - Nov 10 with 1484 viewsElHoop

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 17:34 - Nov 9 by NW5Hoop

RE The equity conversion …

Seems to me that the sacking of Ramsey and the equity conversion must be linked. The owners are presumably not interested in simply writing off the best part of £200m quid, and have combined their restructuring of the finances with the decision to hire a coach, whoever that turns out to be, more likely to get the club back to the Premier League so they can try to get some of that money back. It also seems entirely possible to me this has been done with FFP in mind: if it's no longer debt, they will argue, it's not an FFP issue.

Even if they are selling, I'm sure they won't say so - if it happens, it will come as a surprise to us all. You announce you're offloading a shit club in a financial mess, and you end up with offers of peanuts.

But before anyone hails their generosity in converting debt to equity, I am sure this is not done from the goodness of their hearts. They will want to get that money back, somehow, from somewhere.

I disagree with most of that.

The debt was dead, they might as well write it off. Wherever the 'debtor' balance is sitting, whether in the books of a bank or individuals, it'll have been written off long ago. This is just signing off the reality. QPR is worth what it's worth. If we are for sale without the debt then there's some attractions to a buyer. A London club, a good core support, potential new training ground and the parachute money which you wouldn't get if you bought Charlton Brentford or Millwall or someone like that. So there's some tangibles and intangibles to sell, but no way is that worth £200m.

I don't think that FFP is about debt, it's about losses. Whether the losses are financed by debt or equity isn't an issue for the League - they don't want losses. That seems unfair as equity can't normally be recalled, but it's how it is, so I don't see how the debt write off will halp with FFP other than to complete the exercise started in the last accounts. I guess that the League would have asked why they only wrote off enough debt to cover the losses, and not the whole lot, which would be a fair question.

If we are for sale then presumably Mittal is quitting too, so it would be a whole new ballgame on the horizon.
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 07:58 - Nov 10 with 1480 viewsSuffolkHoop

Such confused messages and flipping priorities can only be product of a committee, does Fernandes agree with the rest of the board? Seems unlikely.
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 08:21 - Nov 10 with 1462 viewsCiderwithRsie

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 07:56 - Nov 10 by ElHoop

I disagree with most of that.

The debt was dead, they might as well write it off. Wherever the 'debtor' balance is sitting, whether in the books of a bank or individuals, it'll have been written off long ago. This is just signing off the reality. QPR is worth what it's worth. If we are for sale without the debt then there's some attractions to a buyer. A London club, a good core support, potential new training ground and the parachute money which you wouldn't get if you bought Charlton Brentford or Millwall or someone like that. So there's some tangibles and intangibles to sell, but no way is that worth £200m.

I don't think that FFP is about debt, it's about losses. Whether the losses are financed by debt or equity isn't an issue for the League - they don't want losses. That seems unfair as equity can't normally be recalled, but it's how it is, so I don't see how the debt write off will halp with FFP other than to complete the exercise started in the last accounts. I guess that the League would have asked why they only wrote off enough debt to cover the losses, and not the whole lot, which would be a fair question.

If we are for sale then presumably Mittal is quitting too, so it would be a whole new ballgame on the horizon.

To my little brain, that seems to stack up.

Whatever the technicalities of the equity conversion, it seems clear to me that they aren't going to see their £180 m again. If you spend a shedload of cash on assets that lose value (e.g. transfer fees for Sandro and Park) and on running expenses such as wages then you aren't going to get them back unless the business makes a shedload of profit. Not only do we not, only a handful off football clubs do. Calling the expenditure a loan to the club doesn't change that, it just means that technically you've got a debt you can secure against the club's assets if they have any. About our only asset is the ground and even if that covers the debt it hard to see how they can realise that without liquidating the while business. Alternatively they hope that purchaser will buy the club on terms that mean the club under new ownership pays off the debt, but that makes the club virtually unsellable.

Converting the debt to shares doesn't seem to me to help them get their money back unless someone wants to buy the shares at a price that covers the original expenditure, which I can't imagine anyone doing in a million years. Our shares aren't publicly quoted are they? So we won't see the value dropping on the markets, but surely if it came to an actual sale their price would reflect the true assets and value of the business at that date rather than the nominal value set now.
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 08:24 - Nov 10 with 1457 viewssuperhoopdownunder

On the podcast last night someone said the dream manager was Paul Clement and he wanted to come to QPR
If that is the case - how did we end up with Ramsey?

Also I am worried Les Ferdinand will put his own interests first in this meeting in Malaysia and try and get his mate Tim Sherwood the job so he can keep his Spurs mates together.
In my humble opinion I would like Les to leave the club too
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 09:02 - Nov 10 with 1433 viewsbaz_qpr

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 08:24 - Nov 10 by superhoopdownunder

On the podcast last night someone said the dream manager was Paul Clement and he wanted to come to QPR
If that is the case - how did we end up with Ramsey?

Also I am worried Les Ferdinand will put his own interests first in this meeting in Malaysia and try and get his mate Tim Sherwood the job so he can keep his Spurs mates together.
In my humble opinion I would like Les to leave the club too

Clement was not prepared to come mid season and would only come at the end of the season. I guess TF was persuaded by LF that in order to plan properly for recruitment we needed someone in situ earlier and thus Ramsey foolishly was given the role on a contract rather than to the end of the season
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 09:13 - Nov 10 with 1418 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 09:02 - Nov 10 by baz_qpr

Clement was not prepared to come mid season and would only come at the end of the season. I guess TF was persuaded by LF that in order to plan properly for recruitment we needed someone in situ earlier and thus Ramsey foolishly was given the role on a contract rather than to the end of the season

well based on that crazy decision - I think TF could do anything including writing off 240m GBP (in total)
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 09:49 - Nov 10 with 1397 viewsSuffolkHoop

Regarding Clement I think its a simple case of him also being offered a job at a football club with a bigger stadium, bigger fanbase, better players, better training ground and sane board of directors. He might have taken the job at QPR otherwise.
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 13:40 - Nov 10 with 1331 viewsSimonJames

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 09:49 - Nov 10 by SuffolkHoop

Regarding Clement I think its a simple case of him also being offered a job at a football club with a bigger stadium, bigger fanbase, better players, better training ground and sane board of directors. He might have taken the job at QPR otherwise.

Very shortsighted of him.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 13:42 - Nov 10 with 1327 viewsbaz_qpr

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 09:49 - Nov 10 by SuffolkHoop

Mclaren was still at Derby then and they hadn't imploded at that time. It may well of been the case that, that is how it could have panned out but it was foolish IMHO not to wait until the end of the season and see who was available
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 13:50 - Nov 10 with 1316 viewsNorthernr

Might help in the managing of expectations if we knew what the club's are. It was the club that said it would be a difficult season of consolidating, TF who said promotions is everything, then it's him saying manage expectations. If we finish 18th this year and 15th next year but we're going into a final season of parachute payments with a squad that's got half the average age, half the current wage bill and looks well set to have a dig at promotion with three or four decent signings is that success? I'd see that as success, but does he? Do we? Would we tolerate that over the next 18 months to get to that position?

Or is it dig at promotion this year at all costs, big money to spend in January? That's how it's felt over the last couple of weeks.

Kind of important we get this sorted really, both for the atmosphere at games and among the fan base and, most importantly, what sort of manager we're about to appoint.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 14:05 - Nov 10 with 1642 viewsTacticalR

We have great expectations dear boy, great expectations.

Air hostess clique

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 14:11 - Nov 10 with 1626 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ramsey wasn't consolidating, he was sending out a team to try and win every week - but just failing to do so.

If he was consolidating, he'd have been playing a mixture of younger and older players, trying to build the core of a team that could be added to next season/January.

Instead he played Henry, Green, Hoillett, Konchesky, Sandro etc etc.

2 wins in 2 months was verging on relegation form though - so i'd say that Ramsey was failing at both stated objectives.
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 14:14 - Nov 10 with 1616 viewsJamie

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 13:50 - Nov 10 by Northernr

Might help in the managing of expectations if we knew what the club's are. It was the club that said it would be a difficult season of consolidating, TF who said promotions is everything, then it's him saying manage expectations. If we finish 18th this year and 15th next year but we're going into a final season of parachute payments with a squad that's got half the average age, half the current wage bill and looks well set to have a dig at promotion with three or four decent signings is that success? I'd see that as success, but does he? Do we? Would we tolerate that over the next 18 months to get to that position?

Or is it dig at promotion this year at all costs, big money to spend in January? That's how it's felt over the last couple of weeks.

Kind of important we get this sorted really, both for the atmosphere at games and among the fan base and, most importantly, what sort of manager we're about to appoint.

This post has been edited by an administrator

18 months?!?!?

The fans have just hounded out a thoroughly decent man within 18 weeks.
Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 14:16 - Nov 10 with 1612 viewsdaveB

Fernandes says we should manage expectations on 18:03 - Nov 9 by PunteR

This is the point, he hasn't been unlucky ,he's made bad decisions.
He sacked Warnock after 5 months of getting us promoted.
He appointed Hughes after Hughes interviewed the club, gave Hughes and his shark agent his gold credit card,signing all and sundry.
Appointed another Hughes colleague Rigg . Who then went on to dismantle whatever coaching set up we didn't have anyway.
Sacked all that lot after not even a year.
Appointed that lying wheeler dealer, who signed another 20 players,who then jacked it in when TF wouldn't give him more funds.
Then appoints a youth team coach with limited experience with a promise of long term plans only to sack him after 3-4 months into the season.
Gets Warnock back in.
Sorry, but for me, he hasn't been unlucky ,just made bad decisions. Let alone all his ridiculous tweets, 40,000 seater stadiums, dream managers, no training ground, etc etc.
I've seen a post saying its better the devil you know with Tf. Sorry but when your talking multi millions of pounds and the future of our club, better the devil you know seems a poor excuse for TF, and it has to be said the rest of the owners.
Its quite easy for them to say to Ramsey to step up, how about they step up and stop making our club look ridiculous.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2015 21:02]

Sadly he has made the big decisions based on what people on Twitter have told him. The Warnock sacking was due to the stick he was getting on Twitter, same with Hughes and the change of approach to Ramsey and development again down to what was said on twitter. So whoever people on twitter ask for as the next manager will get the job
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024