Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window Rumours 10:51 - Dec 30 with 142892 viewsnumptydumpty

What we have got.
What we need.
And what we can afford.

My personal view.

No one to sell currently.

Our saleable assets are at their lowest valuations currently given recent form.

Others will know contract situations and wages. Etc.

I understand there is zero money to spend.

Am personally expecting three or four loanees, at least one striker, one full back, and one centre midfielder in Johansen style. No signings though.

Bonne, Thomas, Nico and possibly Roberts - I would try to loan back, loan elsewhere or sell.

Shodipo I think if someone on a par or better is available likely attempt be loaned out.

It's though a notoriously quiet window so could perhaps only be two or three deals done and if we can't get certain players off our books , be it temporarily or permanently, I feel sadly the replacements will not be incoming !!

The comments well we need two strikers that can put ball in back of the net !! Pure genius insight !!

Money talks. Hopefully Critchley has his own contacts and we shall see...

Crikey - apologies for crappy post - happy new year Rangers joys and girls !!!

[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 11:02]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:19 - Jan 9 with 5168 viewsdannyblue

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:25 - Jan 9 by Sonofpugwash

Yes,but could the "stock journalist"actually be him?If not who is it?

https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/
January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:52 - Jan 9 with 4977 viewsWalnut

January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:53 - Jan 9 by Watford_Ranger

He’s handy at that level for sure. Seems to have a bit of everything but he’s 28 (not Finnish, he’s 28).

Top reference :-)
January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:03 - Jan 9 with 4926 viewsdistortR

January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:03 - Jan 9 by derbyhoop

Frankly, if Grangers are serious, we should demand a sizeable premium.

You want him back?
January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:24 - Jan 9 with 4755 viewsNewBee

Often when a new manager comes in, he gets a "bounce", if only because the players fear that he's been promised a transfer budget on being appointed, so their places are on the line.

But what if they know that Critchley doesn't have that leverage i.e. only one or two incoming in January, or short-term loans etc? At least some of those who still have a couple of years left on their contracts may be thinking that they'll still be at QPR after Critchley's been binned, hence the half-arsed approach v Fleetwood?
January Transfer Window Rumours on 19:14 - Jan 9 with 4546 viewsSonofpugwash

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:27 - Jan 9 by aston_hoop

The photos are from a photoset by a South African photographer so it'll be some South African model. You can go through the full set if you want

https://www.shutterstock.com/g/michaeljung?q=journalist

Good lord,so if the image doesn't tally then the account is bogus/false?
And there's me thinking you were a real Viking who likes mead...

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 19:47 - Jan 9 with 4450 viewsDorse

January Transfer Window Rumours on 19:14 - Jan 9 by Sonofpugwash

Good lord,so if the image doesn't tally then the account is bogus/false?
And there's me thinking you were a real Viking who likes mead...

Mine really is me.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

January Transfer Window Rumours on 20:47 - Jan 9 with 4188 viewsDannyPaddox

Same here -100% bona fide selfie
January Transfer Window Rumours on 20:50 - Jan 9 with 4151 viewsdistortR

January Transfer Window Rumours on 20:47 - Jan 9 by DannyPaddox

Same here -100% bona fide selfie

I can vouch for Dorse.
Beer goggles and all that, wake up in the morning, so embarrassed, the walk of shame.....I wish he'd stop banging on about it.
Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window Rumours on 20:54 - Jan 9 with 4131 viewsHayesender

I agree

Poll: Shamima Beghum

January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:15 - Jan 9 with 4028 viewsslmrstid

Sounds like the Hugill thing is a load of old bollocks, but to be honest I would take him back, he's miles better than Dykes is.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:29 - Jan 9 with 3922 viewswombat

January Transfer Window Rumours on 20:54 - Jan 9 by Hayesender

I agree

We could have got him for nothing during derbys fire sale I believe and was one of the stand out players in that team ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:50 - Jan 9 with 3768 viewsLongsufferingR

January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:24 - Jan 9 by NewBee

Often when a new manager comes in, he gets a "bounce", if only because the players fear that he's been promised a transfer budget on being appointed, so their places are on the line.

But what if they know that Critchley doesn't have that leverage i.e. only one or two incoming in January, or short-term loans etc? At least some of those who still have a couple of years left on their contracts may be thinking that they'll still be at QPR after Critchley's been binned, hence the half-arsed approach v Fleetwood?

"half-arsed approach"? If only we'd actually put that much effort in.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 00:56 - Jan 10 with 3453 viewsMonkey_Roots

Jamal Lowe being linked with us (and everyone else to be fair).
January Transfer Window Rumours on 01:00 - Jan 10 with 3449 viewsNorthernr

January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:15 - Jan 9 by slmrstid

Sounds like the Hugill thing is a load of old bollocks, but to be honest I would take him back, he's miles better than Dykes is.

IMO the people in the first three or four rows of the Upper Loft have had it too easy for too long.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:23 - Jan 10 with 3078 viewsnix

January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:15 - Jan 9 by slmrstid

Trouble is the stats don't really bear this out, particularly in recent seasons. It's true that he did pretty well for us, in a very high scoring team that season, though. We scored the fifth most goals that season and he was lucky enough to play with Nahki, BOS and Eze. That season it was our goals against that let us down (third most goals conceded when we finished in 10th!). Incidentally the highest scorers, Brentford, only scored 13 more goals than us but let in 38 fewer. If we'd had the Seny of this season in that team we could have arguably made the playoffs.

Last season Jordan scored a goal every 413 minutes and an assist every 1208 minutes compared to Lyndon's 302 and 805. This season Jordan isn't even getting picked and hasn't scored in 61 minutes of play, whereas Lyndon's stats are goals every 320 minutes and no assists. Also neither of the teams Jordan played for last season, WBA nor Cardiff, have tried to buy him or take him on loan, which says something. He's also three years older than Lyndon and I would say doesn't contribute as much to the team in other ways like defensively or in link play.

I actually liked it when Jordan played for us as he was whole hearted and seemed to give his all. But I don't think I'd take him back now.

I still don't think we play to Lyndon's strengths. I think he and we would score more if we moved the ball quicker, broke through the lines and got more people in the box. But if we think Lyndon is the problem, I don't think Jordan is the answer.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:27 - Jan 10 with 3050 viewsdaveB

January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:29 - Jan 9 by wombat

We could have got him for nothing during derbys fire sale I believe and was one of the stand out players in that team ,

Probably should have got him before he went to Derby, was trialing at clubs all across London and the rest of the country after Arsenal released him.

He did work with Liam Rosenior last year who was the real Derby manager so imagine that played a big part in this loan
January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:31 - Jan 10 with 3027 viewsTheChef

January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:23 - Jan 10 by nix

Trouble is the stats don't really bear this out, particularly in recent seasons. It's true that he did pretty well for us, in a very high scoring team that season, though. We scored the fifth most goals that season and he was lucky enough to play with Nahki, BOS and Eze. That season it was our goals against that let us down (third most goals conceded when we finished in 10th!). Incidentally the highest scorers, Brentford, only scored 13 more goals than us but let in 38 fewer. If we'd had the Seny of this season in that team we could have arguably made the playoffs.

Last season Jordan scored a goal every 413 minutes and an assist every 1208 minutes compared to Lyndon's 302 and 805. This season Jordan isn't even getting picked and hasn't scored in 61 minutes of play, whereas Lyndon's stats are goals every 320 minutes and no assists. Also neither of the teams Jordan played for last season, WBA nor Cardiff, have tried to buy him or take him on loan, which says something. He's also three years older than Lyndon and I would say doesn't contribute as much to the team in other ways like defensively or in link play.

I actually liked it when Jordan played for us as he was whole hearted and seemed to give his all. But I don't think I'd take him back now.

I still don't think we play to Lyndon's strengths. I think he and we would score more if we moved the ball quicker, broke through the lines and got more people in the box. But if we think Lyndon is the problem, I don't think Jordan is the answer.

Well if we're not playing to Dykes' strengths and sticking crosses in the box, then it's unlikely we'll do it for Hugill either.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:39 - Jan 10 with 2951 viewsDixie_CT

On one hand I’m hoping Hugill to be a made up rumour because I do think his best years are behind him.

On the other hand, if he is on a free and brought in for a 6-18 month period and we make a return on Dykes, then it isn’t the worst move we can make.

A move for Hugill should be should be dependent on if Lyndon is to move as there is not much point in having two similar strikers and not playing to their strengths.

We do need another type of striker as well, perhaps Jamal Lowe, who we had a real chance of signing when he was at Hampton & Richmond and went onto join Pompey, but the club never even spoke to the agent despite him trying to contact us.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:55 - Jan 10 with 2896 viewsEastR

January Transfer Window Rumours on 01:00 - Jan 10 by Northernr

IMO the people in the first three or four rows of the Upper Loft have had it too easy for too long.

There’s a scurrilous notion doing the rounds amongst our Gen Z fan base that the must have Jordan Airs are named after the preferred shooting style of our former loanee.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:06 - Jan 10 with 2827 viewsdistortR

January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:39 - Jan 10 by Dixie_CT

On one hand I’m hoping Hugill to be a made up rumour because I do think his best years are behind him.

On the other hand, if he is on a free and brought in for a 6-18 month period and we make a return on Dykes, then it isn’t the worst move we can make.

A move for Hugill should be should be dependent on if Lyndon is to move as there is not much point in having two similar strikers and not playing to their strengths.

We do need another type of striker as well, perhaps Jamal Lowe, who we had a real chance of signing when he was at Hampton & Richmond and went onto join Pompey, but the club never even spoke to the agent despite him trying to contact us.

year, best year.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:11 - Jan 10 with 2798 viewsstevec

I believe the entire Loft and Loft end goal are a designated ‘safe place’ this season so highly unlikely Hugill will be coming back.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:13 - Jan 10 with 2783 viewsgazza1

January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:23 - Jan 10 by nix

1 - I am not keen on Hugill.
2 - What is LD strengths??? please
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 9:15]
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:34 - Jan 10 with 2600 viewsnix

January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:31 - Jan 10 by TheChef

Well if we're not playing to Dykes' strengths and sticking crosses in the box, then it's unlikely we'll do it for Hugill either.

Well quite.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:54 - Jan 10 with 2505 viewsMonkey_Roots

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fresh-update-emerges-regarding-qprs-transfer-p

Jamal Lowe - Now we’re the front runners apparently.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2023 10:55]
January Transfer Window Rumours on 10:58 - Jan 10 with 2485 viewsmonners1969

And the advertising hoardings are all pretty clean with no dents in them
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024