Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic 17:57 - Mar 9 with 84978 viewsE17hoop

I'm beginning to think maybe he isn't that great after all. Is it time for him to be dropped?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Begovic on 09:57 - May 5 with 3809 viewsWatford_Ranger

Begovic on 09:21 - May 5 by stevec

That’s a good point.

That thing of not coming out on through balls would get most keepers a much bigger bollocking from the CB’s than actually happens, suggests they have faith in him generally.

Also, in my head, when he’s presented with one on one situations he seems to save a lot more than most keepers. Doesn’t drop too early and spreads himself well. Smithies was good at that but apart from him, probably the best over the last decade.

He is getting on but if he can teach the kid who played yesterday these techniques then I’m not opposed to another season.

Also, and I’m guilty of jumping on many of his mistakes as much as anyone and found much of his goalkeeping infuriating, we don’t know what instructions they’re given. The one against Leeds looked like he should be claiming it easily at the time but the replay suggested he probably just about made the right call or at least an understandable one. Then you see Blackburn’s second goal yesterday and see the folly of goalkeepers sometimes trying to come for something they’re getting nowhere near.
Begovic on 11:47 - May 5 with 3601 viewsmart_Goblin

Begovic on 08:55 - May 5 by Watford_Ranger

Cook was very complimentary in the comments which is probably a better insight than any of us can give. Appreciate social media for footballers is often performative but I get the impression he’s popular in the ‘group’.

On the contrary, I’ve heard slightly different from people around the club on match days .
Begovic on 12:08 - May 5 with 3511 viewsNed_Kennedys

Begovic on 11:47 - May 5 by mart_Goblin

On the contrary, I’ve heard slightly different from people around the club on match days .

Ah a nice snippet of ‘in the know’.

What have you heard?
Begovic on 10:34 - Jun 27 with 2767 viewsNorthernr

Bye then.

Begovic on 10:37 - Jun 27 with 2731 viewsBklynRanger

Announce the French bloke!
Begovic on 10:44 - Jun 27 with 2614 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Begovic on 10:37 - Jun 27 by BklynRanger

Announce the French bloke!

Annonce l'homme Francais!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Begovic on 10:50 - Jun 27 with 2534 viewsdm97

Begovic on 10:34 - Jun 27 by Northernr

Bye then.

Whisper it quietly, so far they’ve made adult calls…Willock on £40k pw, 4 year deal it is then
Begovic on 10:57 - Jun 27 with 2472 viewscolinallcars

Begovic on 10:44 - Jun 27 by PlanetHonneywood

Annonce l'homme Francais!

Je m’appelle Ted, 'oo are you ?
Login to get fewer ads

Begovic on 11:24 - Jun 27 with 2294 viewsRangersw12

Bye then.

Best news of the summer so far
Begovic on 11:27 - Jun 27 with 2259 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Begovic on 10:57 - Jun 27 by colinallcars

Je m’appelle Ted, 'oo are you ?

Bye Beggi.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Begovic on 11:33 - Jun 27 with 2186 viewsWelsh_Ranger

No Nourry announcement soundbites on his professionalism and wishing him luck says alot?
Begovic on 11:45 - Jun 27 with 2074 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Wanted to stay, but told by MC he would not be first choice according to WLS.

See ya.
Begovic on 11:47 - Jun 27 with 2045 viewsLoyalitat

Announce Steve Cook as the new captain, please.

If the figures that have been mentioned re: Begovic's wages are true, then they can now be better utilised too.

Wish him all the best, but glad that there will be no second season.
Begovic on 12:14 - Jun 27 with 1924 viewsdmm

Begovic on 11:47 - Jun 27 by Loyalitat

Announce Steve Cook as the new captain, please.

If the figures that have been mentioned re: Begovic's wages are true, then they can now be better utilised too.

Wish him all the best, but glad that there will be no second season.

I wonder what plans Cifuentes has for Walsh next season? The no 1 jersey, as cover or a loan out? If it's not as first pick I hope he gets a good loan.as he needs to keep playing.
Begovic on 13:00 - Jun 27 with 1636 viewsbosh67

Well good luck to Begs but that is £30K+ a week off the wage bill for a 37 year old.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Begovic on 13:03 - Jun 27 with 1592 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Bye then.

Begovic on 13:24 - Jun 27 with 1475 viewsTheChef

Begovic on 13:00 - Jun 27 by bosh67

Well good luck to Begs but that is £30K+ a week off the wage bill for a 37 year old.

People keep waving these wage figures but does anyone actually know how much he was on??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Begovic on 13:27 - Jun 27 with 1447 viewsQPROslo

Begovic on 13:24 - Jun 27 by TheChef

People keep waving these wage figures but does anyone actually know how much he was on??

Probably not.
Begovic on 13:31 - Jun 27 with 1409 viewsBAWHoops

He did a job (just about) for a season. Now very obviously time to move on

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Begovic on 13:31 - Jun 27 with 1407 viewsNed_Kennedys

Begovic on 13:24 - Jun 27 by TheChef

Someone on the internet claimed they knew he was on well over £30k a week so it must be true.
Begovic on 13:49 - Jun 27 with 1264 viewspeterlund_dk

Begovic on 13:31 - Jun 27 by Ned_Kennedys

Someone on the internet claimed they knew he was on well over £30k a week so it must be true.

According to Football Manager 24, he's on € 9360/w. So now we've got two unreliable figures floating around :)

But whatever the figure is, it can now be spend on something else.
[Post edited 27 Jun 13:50]
Begovic on 14:25 - Jun 27 with 1002 viewsLanhoop

Interesting that he's put it out there but 4 hours later and there's still nothing from the club.
Begovic on 14:27 - Jun 27 with 987 viewsdaveB

Begovic on 13:00 - Jun 27 by bosh67

he can't have been on 30k a week, I know QPR are a basket case at times but that would have been insane
Begovic on 14:45 - Jun 27 with 889 viewsRBlock

Begovic on 14:25 - Jun 27 by Lanhoop

Interesting that he's put it out there but 4 hours later and there's still nothing from the club.

This is the next part of Nourry's master plan after not letting anyone know about contract lengths. Don't announce any departures or signings in the first team squad, so opposition scouts and managers have no idea who's going to turn up on the 10th August
Begovic on 14:47 - Jun 27 with 874 viewsbosh67

Begovic on 14:27 - Jun 27 by daveB

he can't have been on 30k a week, I know QPR are a basket case at times but that would have been insane

That's what seems to have been quoted with Hayden on a similar figure. Everyone else seems to be on what you would call 'vaguely sensible wages'.

https://footiehound.com/queen-park-rangers-f-c-players-wages-and-salaries/
Clearly no one on this site can actually add up!!
https://salarysport.com/football/championship/queens-park-rangers/

being the two sources that may be right or wrong. Cook is very highly paid but took a huge drop from his salary at Bournemouth... and he's been amazing.

Both sites actual figures vary quite wildly so who knows. Taylor Richards really is a problem if either of these figures is correct?
[Post edited 27 Jun 14:51]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024