Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beale's bailing thread... 10:03 - Nov 21 with 160257 viewsdigswellhoop

so the manager will be li ked hope he stays

This post has been edited by an administrator
bronkhurst gone on 13:52 - Nov 24 with 4194 viewsdanehoop

bronkhurst gone on 13:28 - Nov 24 by numptydumpty

To be fair, I was one of us that was hoodwinked with Beale

Was gutted when thought we were losing him to Wolves but the words "Rod for" and "own back" shout loud.

All the players that have come to us because of Beale will view him as simply an opportunist and one not to be trusted.

His words after Wolves have been shown to have zero truth.

I don't think he will have the career he believes he will have and I am not sad he is likely to be on his way.

Someone with more of a genuine interest in ourselves as to constantly putting himself out there.

His behaviour in any workplace puts him as one of those loudmouths that's climbs the ladder but with no respect for those around him or indeed no real proven ability to do the job at hand either.

Please go sir. You are no longer wanted here as Les himself says.

It's been a very disappointing fall from grace.

Not sure that is entirely fair.

He is undoubtedly a very very good coach and we have seen just how players have improved and just how much more the team played as a team under him. He is though only on his first manager's job (something we can forget when implying he is less trustworthy than bagpuss).

We do know that he is highly rated and so when a premiership club came knocking after such a short time it was hardly surprising. His response was perhaps naive and I do think that after the initial flattery that he realised the challenge at Wolves was likely to be a hiding to nothing, whereas he already had a supportive and encouraging position at QPR. He didnt handle it well initially - but suspect that would have been same for any new manager this early in their career.

The Rangers thing though feels different. He has spent much of the past 6 months or more keeping in close touch with his former club and clearly enjoyed his time there with Gerrard. But his positioning, timing of his comments concerning the club and appearances in Glasgow dont seem coincidental (and unlikely to have been welcomed by Bronkhurst). Its tough to see his continued engagement with Rangers and we can assume contact with Ranger senior management have been interpreted as interest in the managers job there. It could just be journo's looking for comments from him and then creating a situation on paper to sell copy, but it doesnt really feel like that.

Possibly most telling for me is that after the Wolves approach we are rumoured to have tripled the release clause in his contract. That strikes me as Les and Lee realising that he was likely to be in demand (with Glasgow already sniffing around one suspects) and were fireproofing the situation somewhat so we could have more choice on a replacement.

I genuinely hope he stays and if he does turn this assumed approach down then I would suspect lift the dressing room somewhat. Can't help but feel that uncertainty has had an impact on performance, even if it wasnt the main reason for loss of form. I don't wish him ill at all, but hope he makes a decision quickly if there is a formal approach

Never knowingly understood

bronkhurst gone on 14:21 - Nov 24 with 3937 viewsdmm

bronkhurst gone on 13:35 - Nov 24 by bosh67

I can't say he won't but he was a gonna with the Wolves job and didn't go. Made it clear he was committed to us. Hasn't said otherwise.

You've got more faith in him than I do, bosh but maybe I'm just an old cynic.

Even though he's not actually said he's not committed to QPR, his actions say otherwise. It's hard to see his flirting with the Gers any other way. It was reported that van Bronckhorst saw it like that when Beale was a guest at a Gers match and afterwards spent time with their supporters at a well known Rangers pub. And that was only one of a number of recent GRangers linked occurrences.

It's entirely within his rights to move to a different job, as it is with everyone. But to sign a 3 years contract, be strongly linked with a new job after a few months and then another new job a few months later shows a lack of respect for QPR and a lack of personal integrity. Whatever happens now, he may well find he's rather sullied his reputation.
bronkhurst gone on 16:01 - Nov 24 with 3551 viewsbosh67

bronkhurst gone on 14:21 - Nov 24 by dmm

You've got more faith in him than I do, bosh but maybe I'm just an old cynic.

Even though he's not actually said he's not committed to QPR, his actions say otherwise. It's hard to see his flirting with the Gers any other way. It was reported that van Bronckhorst saw it like that when Beale was a guest at a Gers match and afterwards spent time with their supporters at a well known Rangers pub. And that was only one of a number of recent GRangers linked occurrences.

It's entirely within his rights to move to a different job, as it is with everyone. But to sign a 3 years contract, be strongly linked with a new job after a few months and then another new job a few months later shows a lack of respect for QPR and a lack of personal integrity. Whatever happens now, he may well find he's rather sullied his reputation.

I can't say he won't go of course but unless there is an official approach it is just speculation.

I make TV shows when I am actually employed, which is infrequently, but it's kind of like people in the my media papers saying I am lined up to be the next Star Wars director. I have nothing to say about that until someone actually asks me. I just get on with whatever I am doing, which is generally being unemployed! :)

It's easy for fans to shout he should say something, the club should say something. I am sure if the club is approached they will say something. As yet it is just a lot of papers and fans going mental until it happens, or not.

The thing that it dents his reputation really is a bit too much. He's coaching the players at the training ground. As it stands he is being true to what he said after the Wolves approach.

I may be proved wrong of course. If that is the case then I stand corrected. If not and this doesn't happen and he stays then the fans really have to get behind him because how could we then fault someone who stays despite two approaches and why should he be tarred with the press brush before anything has actually happened.

They may well approach. He may well say no. In which case onwards and upwards.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

bronkhurst gone on 16:04 - Nov 24 with 3523 viewsR_from_afar

It's probably a load of old mince but an Italian football website has Sinisa Mihajlovic - until recently, Sampdoria manager - and the current Maccabi Haifa manager, Barak Bakhar, down as possible rivals for the Gers job:

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

bronkhurst gone on 16:17 - Nov 24 with 3412 viewsLblock

I hope he goes.

We cannot have these constant distractions

It didn't sit well with me after the Wolves saga that his job here became a "one season gig" with the assumption a plum job would be there for the picking in the summer no matter what. That is totally out of order and I'm amazed (no I'm not really) that the clowns running our show felt that was acceptable -- are we basically saying, "yeah sign your contract and shape the club but if you jaff off in nine months time then so be it"

He will regret this, of that I am sure and even more so if that other thread is from a real Gers fan and they aren't behind this appointment. Climb the ladder carefully and keep your reputation intact; if you don't you'll be in the wilderness.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

bronkhurst gone on 16:27 - Nov 24 with 3353 viewsPinnerPaul

bronkhurst gone on 21:21 - Nov 23 by HAYESBOY

With respect, that isn't proof, that is an article in a newspaper. I would highly doubt he was interviewed twice.

No one knows, but you're wasting your time looking for 'proof', some respected posters on here convinced he did, but who really knows?

All sorts of stories around football, some true, most not.

As I've said before the self same Telegraph said he doesn't have an agent, people on here convinced his agent talking to Wolves for weeks!

One of those isn't true!
bronkhurst gone on 16:31 - Nov 24 with 3329 viewsNorthernr

For someone with no agent, no representative, and who never speaks to other clubs, he isn't half getting appointed to and linked with some great jobs on the basis of getting QPR to seventh in the Championship after 20 games.
bronkhurst gone on 16:36 - Nov 24 with 3280 viewsPinnerPaul

bronkhurst gone on 09:05 - Nov 24 by Wilkinswatercarrier

That is that then. I think it is better for QPR for Beale to move on, all this noise is destabilising and winding us all up. The team performances have not been great either ever since the Wolves saga which suggests that the players may not be 100% happy either.
If he goes I can't say i would hold him in very high regard. Hopefully Critchley will be straight in.

I'm not buying the team performances bit. IF he wanted to join Wolves and WAS talking to them for 'ages', surely the results would have dropped off earlier. We won on his 'last night' and again 3 days later.

That rather dispels the other theory that he is losing on purpose - how a manager does that who knows, but in either scenario you would have expected results to drop earlier than they did.

Still we've lost a few games in a row, its nearly Christmas, so everyone now seems quite happy to get another manager and then blame, him , Les, Lee when it all goes wrong - again!

I've said this before, but funny how its never the players fault?
Login to get fewer ads

bronkhurst gone on 16:36 - Nov 24 with 3277 viewsdmm

There is nothing wrong with being ambitious. Nothing wrong in wanting to achieve and working toward the highest possible position in your chosen field of work. But, where you get to in life isn't the only important thing. How you get there is just as important and possibly more so.

bronkhurst gone on 16:42 - Nov 24 with 3230 viewsPinnerPaul

bronkhurst gone on 11:04 - Nov 24 by Northernr

also last time this happened we were flying, now we've got one point and one goal in 5 games.

Yep and that's the crux of the matter.

New bloke comes and starts off/carries on the same way and see how "calm and rational" we are then!
bronkhurst gone on 16:44 - Nov 24 with 3196 viewsPinnerPaul

bronkhurst gone on 11:10 - Nov 24 by Hayesender

I think we're all just fed up with the "noises" around him

and nothing to do with 1 point in 5 games?
bronkhurst gone on 16:47 - Nov 24 with 3156 viewsPinnerPaul

bronkhurst gone on 11:57 - Nov 24 by Stanisgod

I wonder if Willock, Chair or Field fancy Scotland

They will if the money's right.
bronkhurst gone on 16:54 - Nov 24 with 3088 viewsPinnerPaul

bronkhurst gone on 13:52 - Nov 24 by danehoop

He is undoubtedly a very very good coach and we have seen just how players have improved and just how much more the team played as a team under him. He is though only on his first manager's job (something we can forget when implying he is less trustworthy than bagpuss).

We do know that he is highly rated and so when a premiership club came knocking after such a short time it was hardly surprising. His response was perhaps naive and I do think that after the initial flattery that he realised the challenge at Wolves was likely to be a hiding to nothing, whereas he already had a supportive and encouraging position at QPR. He didnt handle it well initially - but suspect that would have been same for any new manager this early in their career.

The Rangers thing though feels different. He has spent much of the past 6 months or more keeping in close touch with his former club and clearly enjoyed his time there with Gerrard. But his positioning, timing of his comments concerning the club and appearances in Glasgow dont seem coincidental (and unlikely to have been welcomed by Bronkhurst). Its tough to see his continued engagement with Rangers and we can assume contact with Ranger senior management have been interpreted as interest in the managers job there. It could just be journo's looking for comments from him and then creating a situation on paper to sell copy, but it doesnt really feel like that.

Possibly most telling for me is that after the Wolves approach we are rumoured to have tripled the release clause in his contract. That strikes me as Les and Lee realising that he was likely to be in demand (with Glasgow already sniffing around one suspects) and were fireproofing the situation somewhat so we could have more choice on a replacement.

I genuinely hope he stays and if he does turn this assumed approach down then I would suspect lift the dressing room somewhat. Can't help but feel that uncertainty has had an impact on performance, even if it wasnt the main reason for loss of form. I don't wish him ill at all, but hope he makes a decision quickly if there is a formal approach

Very sensible post indeed!
bronkhurst gone on 16:57 - Nov 24 with 3031 viewsHayesender

bronkhurst gone on 16:44 - Nov 24 by PinnerPaul

and nothing to do with 1 point in 5 games?

Err no. I was actually quite looking forward to him getting a couple of weeks on the training ground and getting the injured players fit again before we played Burnley

Poll: Shamima Beghum

bronkhurst gone on 17:09 - Nov 24 with 2902 viewsbenhurst

bronkhurst gone on 13:52 - Nov 24 by danehoop

If the tripling of the release clause is true, that's an excellent piece of business from the club. That'd be £4.5m potentially going towards the transfer/wage budget in January / next season which could be enough for the mythical 20-goal-a-season striker we've been craving and/or some more depth reinforcements.
bronkhurst gone on 17:14 - Nov 24 with 2864 viewsDubaiR

No, we tripled it to 1.5m
bronkhurst gone on 17:18 - Nov 24 with 2823 viewsJuzzie

bronkhurst gone on 16:31 - Nov 24 by Northernr

For someone with no agent, no representative, and who never speaks to other clubs, he isn't half getting appointed to and linked with some great jobs on the basis of getting QPR to seventh in the Championship after 20 games.

Apart from Wolves and now GR, what other clubs has he been linked with? genuinely curious.
bronkhurst gone on 17:21 - Nov 24 with 2799 viewsNorthernr

bronkhurst gone on 17:18 - Nov 24 by Juzzie

Apart from Wolves and now GR, what other clubs has he been linked with? genuinely curious.

Well I'm led to believe that Wolves wasn't the first, but unfortunately I can't say any more than that. Two in the first 20 games of your managerial career is a lot anyway!!
bronkhurst gone on 17:27 - Nov 24 with 2724 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

bronkhurst gone on 17:21 - Nov 24 by Northernr

Well I'm led to believe that Wolves wasn't the first, but unfortunately I can't say any more than that. Two in the first 20 games of your managerial career is a lot anyway!!

Why do you think he took this job in the first place Norf? Couldn’t he have slipped himself into one of these clubs from the assistant’s position?
bronkhurst gone on 17:38 - Nov 24 with 2648 viewsHAYESBOY

bronkhurst gone on 16:27 - Nov 24 by PinnerPaul

No one knows, but you're wasting your time looking for 'proof', some respected posters on here convinced he did, but who really knows?

All sorts of stories around football, some true, most not.

As I've said before the self same Telegraph said he doesn't have an agent, people on here convinced his agent talking to Wolves for weeks!

One of those isn't true!

From memory, the official approach came in directly after a game. Then within 48hrs Beale had made it clear he would not talk to Wolves as he had made a commitment here.
But supposedly he spoke with Wolves twice in this time? Come on.
Beale does not have an agent, he confirmed this in an interview on the offy.

Really do think some people are going over the top again. Slating Beale because he hasn't said anything. If it's true, he has closed his Twitter account because of all the abuse he is getting, then there are some fans who really do need to take a look at themselves.
Shirley you don't comment on something that hasn't happened yet. Maybe he just wants to get on with coaching and not have to respond to every rumour and press report out there.

It might be that an approach comes in and he does go, but from some of the posts on here it is already signed and done.

Chill and wait and see.

Smells like a trout farm in here

bronkhurst gone on 17:40 - Nov 24 with 2615 viewsJuzzie

bronkhurst gone on 17:21 - Nov 24 by Northernr

What can any manager do about be linked and also, if clubs do make an approach are the club he's employed to not allowed to refuse?

Just trying to be devil's advocate here. I mean, if a rival company wanted to approach me, could my employers stop them?

Yes, it's annoying & probably disruptive when a manager is constantly linked but what can be done about it that doesn't contravene any laws?

It just feels to me all these comments that 'he has to go' 'just go now' and so on really don't help if there's nothing he or the club can do about being approached even if he says 100 times he's not interested.
bronkhurst gone on 17:46 - Nov 24 with 2526 viewsdmm

Beale deleted his Twitter account today. I'd imagine the QPR nutters went for him.
bronkhurst gone on 17:50 - Nov 24 with 2486 viewsRangersw12

bronkhurst gone on 17:46 - Nov 24 by dmm

Beale deleted his Twitter account today. I'd imagine the QPR nutters went for him.

The snake deserves everything he gets tbh
bronkhurst gone on 17:55 - Nov 24 with 2440 viewsNorthernr

bronkhurst gone on 17:40 - Nov 24 by Juzzie

What can any manager do about be linked and also, if clubs do make an approach are the club he's employed to not allowed to refuse?

Just trying to be devil's advocate here. I mean, if a rival company wanted to approach me, could my employers stop them?

Yes, it's annoying & probably disruptive when a manager is constantly linked but what can be done about it that doesn't contravene any laws?

It just feels to me all these comments that 'he has to go' 'just go now' and so on really don't help if there's nothing he or the club can do about being approached even if he says 100 times he's not interested.

Well, in the case of Wolves, he could have said what he said on the Thursday on the Monday. Killed it stone dead.

Except he couldn't, because what he said on the Thursday wasn't true, and he was very interested in that job and spoke to them about it on more than one occasion.
bronkhurst gone on 18:02 - Nov 24 with 2368 viewsessextaxiboy

If ends up staying he has burnt through a lot of credit with the fanbase. If we slide down the table LR will go toxic .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024