Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beale's bailing thread... 10:03 - Nov 21 with 160263 viewsdigswellhoop

so the manager will be li ked hope he stays

This post has been edited by an administrator
bronkhurst gone on 11:44 - Nov 24 with 3605 viewsNorthantsHoop

bronkhurst gone on 11:25 - Nov 24 by benhurst

Honestly, this makes me a lot more relaxed about Beale leaving if we can get Critchley in quickly - the club was quick to point to the extensive data-backed process that resulted in Beale joining, so Critchley also being backed by the same process (and without a buyout this time) makes me optimistic that we can still do something this season. If we're able to spend that 1.5 mil in January, even better.

Beale has been going through the motions for me since the Luton game, where we failed to turn up as at most of the last few away games, except Norwich. The perfomance at Coventry was off as well. If we look at it the only significant wins he had this season was at Watford, Millwall and Sheff Utd, since Sheff Utd been lacklustre. Never really got his Fortress LR mantra as home results never mirrored this. Overall we are at the same point we were with Warburton( good at winning away, home form patchy), who I really liked as our manager, but if the Critchley deal comes off quickly then happy with that.
bronkhurst gone on 11:51 - Nov 24 with 3512 viewsngbqpr

I hope he spares us the "this is the only job I would have left for" bollux (but he won't).

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

bronkhurst gone on 11:53 - Nov 24 with 3497 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

bronkhurst gone on 11:25 - Nov 24 by benhurst

Honestly, this makes me a lot more relaxed about Beale leaving if we can get Critchley in quickly - the club was quick to point to the extensive data-backed process that resulted in Beale joining, so Critchley also being backed by the same process (and without a buyout this time) makes me optimistic that we can still do something this season. If we're able to spend that 1.5 mil in January, even better.

As long as we get Critchley I'll be happy. It's clear Beale thinks he is bigger than us and wants out. It's a shame as I was convinced that under him we would go up this or next season.
The Wolves approach though changed everything and it hasn't been right on the pitch since.
I wont wish him well, and hopefully he and QPR will cross paths in the Premier league in the not to distant future and we can all give it to him both barrels.
Now to find his Panini sticker and deface it.
bronkhurst gone on 11:56 - Nov 24 with 3437 viewsYokelR

Agree with the above. If you are committed you simply say I made my position clear last time there will be no further comment.
If he goes to Rangers then going forward I'd say wherever he ends up no player, fan or board should trust a single thing he says.
Anyone he signs and makes promises to should know he'll be off the moment a better offer comes along.
He'll fit the Sky premiership nicely.
bronkhurst gone on 11:57 - Nov 24 with 3430 viewsStanisgod

I wonder if Willock, Chair or Field fancy Scotland

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

bronkhurst gone on 11:59 - Nov 24 with 3399 viewsMick_S

bronkhurst gone on 11:57 - Nov 24 by Stanisgod

Oh feck!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

bronkhurst gone on 12:01 - Nov 24 with 3368 viewsdaveB

If they pay big enough fees they can go as well, doubt they would though
bronkhurst gone on 12:05 - Nov 24 with 3324 viewsNorthernr

Rangers by all accounts have no money to spend either so doubt they could afford.
It's the sort of move that could work for Chair though, he'd absolutely carve that league up, play in Europe etc.
Login to get fewer ads

bronkhurst gone on 12:09 - Nov 24 with 3272 viewsRangersw12

Rangers wouldn't be able to afford them

Tim on the other hand might fancy a loan up there
bronkhurst gone on 12:12 - Nov 24 with 3220 viewsslmrstid

bronkhurst gone on 12:05 - Nov 24 by Northernr

Rangers by all accounts have no money to spend either so doubt they could afford.
It's the sort of move that could work for Chair though, he'd absolutely carve that league up, play in Europe etc.

I always thought the Old Firm were absolutely made for Adel Taarabt - he could have his half-arsed lifestyle but still blitz his way through everyone in that league and have hero status, as well as playing in Europe regularly.

A bit like how Shunsuke Nakamura was loved at Celtic, despite the fact he only managed to play for Reggina in Serie A.

As far as Beale goes, well like everyone else I'm a bit weary of it now. He might as well go and show himself to be an absolute snake.

As someone else said, makes you wonder why he bothered coming here in the first place if he's spent time since eyeing up other positions, suggests he never really wanted to be here in the first place.
bronkhurst gone on 12:22 - Nov 24 with 3097 viewsSydneyRs

You're confusing Sevco with the original Rangers who were quite rich in the 90s.
bronkhurst gone on 12:23 - Nov 24 with 3087 viewsBerkoRanger

Yep - I was thinking the same.
bronkhurst gone on 12:23 - Nov 24 with 3079 viewsBAWHoops

bronkhurst gone on 12:12 - Nov 24 by slmrstid

I always thought the Old Firm were absolutely made for Adel Taarabt - he could have his half-arsed lifestyle but still blitz his way through everyone in that league and have hero status, as well as playing in Europe regularly.

A bit like how Shunsuke Nakamura was loved at Celtic, despite the fact he only managed to play for Reggina in Serie A.

As far as Beale goes, well like everyone else I'm a bit weary of it now. He might as well go and show himself to be an absolute snake.

As someone else said, makes you wonder why he bothered coming here in the first place if he's spent time since eyeing up other positions, suggests he never really wanted to be here in the first place.

I think a few porkies were told to MB about how good our youth was and how much money we had to spend.

Made the best of a not perfect situation but was happy to leave ASAP

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

bronkhurst gone on 12:28 - Nov 24 with 3012 viewsJuzzie

I find it astronomical that a club like GR has such a financial debt considering their fan base and near 50k attendance figures.

Depending on how accurate the info is, their player salary is around £24.5m a year. Celtic is a bit more. By contrast, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs around £4m each.

Rangers and Celtic are basically just trying to out-spend each other to insane levels in order to finish first over the other.
That's how Barcelona got into so much debt.

In many ways, I have little sympathy for clubs like that.

Considering what happened to Rangers not that long ago they should have the bollox to say they are not going into that kind of debt again, even if it means finishing 2nd a lot of the time.
Their fans will froth at the mouth but the club should not be dictated too by what their fans think, so often clubs cave in.
bronkhurst gone on 12:39 - Nov 24 with 2893 viewsSydneyRs

bronkhurst gone on 12:28 - Nov 24 by Juzzie

I find it astronomical that a club like GR has such a financial debt considering their fan base and near 50k attendance figures.

Depending on how accurate the info is, their player salary is around £24.5m a year. Celtic is a bit more. By contrast, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs around £4m each.

Rangers and Celtic are basically just trying to out-spend each other to insane levels in order to finish first over the other.
That's how Barcelona got into so much debt.

In many ways, I have little sympathy for clubs like that.

Considering what happened to Rangers not that long ago they should have the bollox to say they are not going into that kind of debt again, even if it means finishing 2nd a lot of the time.
Their fans will froth at the mouth but the club should not be dictated too by what their fans think, so often clubs cave in.

And that's without the tax bills they didn't pay that caused the original club to be liquidated. What happened to them is that they no longer exist and a replacement tribute act club does. Hence the constant and desperate references to "55" when they last won the league, references they didn't feel the need to make for 54, 53, etc....

They were already concerned about the cost of paying off Van Bronkhorst's contract, will now have to pay us for Beale and are also being sued by Hummel for about 10 million.

Both would have made money from their brief stints in the champions league and Celtic were quite handsomely paid for playing two friendlies here in Oz recently. Rangers pulled out of that tour, largely because they couldn't cope with Celtic being paid more.

There will be no patience with Beale there if they remain behind Celtic. But initially he will walk in wearing a club tie, do his PR thing, talk about how massive they are and massage their fragile egos. Lose to Livingston or Dundee and the mood will swiftly change.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2022 12:45]
bronkhurst gone on 12:59 - Nov 24 with 2666 viewsdmm

With the yearning after Neil Critchley it's occurred to me how quickly Liam Manning has fallen off the wanted list. I suppose MK Dons being in 21st place is a bit of a bummer.
bronkhurst gone on 13:01 - Nov 24 with 2645 viewsNorthernr

bronkhurst gone on 12:59 - Nov 24 by dmm

With the yearning after Neil Critchley it's occurred to me how quickly Liam Manning has fallen off the wanted list. I suppose MK Dons being in 21st place is a bit of a bummer.

Couple of things on that, when I was writing him up as a runner and rider in the summer we were told that a lot of the heavy lifting there was being done by a DOF who i beliiiiieeeeeve might have left. Not sure, will check.
Also, if you're a League One team with Troy Parrott and Scott Twine up front, and then suddenly you're a league One team with neither, that's going to make a huge difference.

But it does speak to what we said about Rob Edwards and flavour of the month types in the summer - be a little bit aware of managers achieving things on good budgets at clubs with owners that give you space and time, small support bases and zero expectations, because we're none of those things.
bronkhurst gone on 13:06 - Nov 24 with 2575 viewsbosh67

Meanwhile Mick is leading coaching as normal.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

bronkhurst gone on 13:08 - Nov 24 with 2556 viewsAntti_Heinola

bronkhurst gone on 12:23 - Nov 24 by BAWHoops

I think a few porkies were told to MB about how good our youth was and how much money we had to spend.

Made the best of a not perfect situation but was happy to leave ASAP

Very much doubt that - he will have known what sort of players we have at that level; you can't keep that a secret, and nor would Les have said 'we've got 4 ready to burst into the first team, Mick!' and Mick have just taken that as gospel. He's not an idiot.

Bare bones.

bronkhurst gone on 13:09 - Nov 24 with 2543 viewsconnell10

bronkhurst gone on 08:48 - Nov 24 by BAWHoops

He turned down Wolves because he looked at it and decided he wanted to stay.

This is a different offer entirely. Bigger club than Wolves, likely European football next season, has a relationship already with fans.

If Shaun Derry was doing fantastically in Lg 2 but turned down the Blackpool job for the reasons Beale turned down Wolves, then we came in for him a few months later and he decided to come to us it would be the same thing.

Like I said before... Critchley out of work, pocket the compensation from Beale and bring in a v good Champ manager for nothing

Dosent change my opinion that If he goes he is a two faced rat .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

bronkhurst gone on 13:10 - Nov 24 with 2525 viewsdmm

bronkhurst gone on 13:06 - Nov 24 by bosh67

Meanwhile Mick is leading coaching as normal.

Yes bosh, but that is the job he's paid to do even if he might jump ship tomorrow.
bronkhurst gone on 13:28 - Nov 24 with 2333 viewsnumptydumpty

To be fair, I was one of us that was hoodwinked with Beale

Was gutted when thought we were losing him to Wolves but the words "Rod for" and "own back" shout loud.

All the players that have come to us because of Beale will view him as simply an opportunist and one not to be trusted.

His words after Wolves have been shown to have zero truth.

I don't think he will have the career he believes he will have and I am not sad he is likely to be on his way.

Someone with more of a genuine interest in ourselves as to constantly putting himself out there.

His behaviour in any workplace puts him as one of those loudmouths that's climbs the ladder but with no respect for those around him or indeed no real proven ability to do the job at hand either.

Please go sir. You are no longer wanted here as Les himself says.

It's been a very disappointing fall from grace.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

bronkhurst gone on 13:32 - Nov 24 with 2290 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

bronkhurst gone on 13:08 - Nov 24 by Antti_Heinola

Very much doubt that - he will have known what sort of players we have at that level; you can't keep that a secret, and nor would Les have said 'we've got 4 ready to burst into the first team, Mick!' and Mick have just taken that as gospel. He's not an idiot.

Agreed. I get the impression that every decision Mick Beale makes is to the benefit of Mick Beale. He would of known full well the financial situation and the youth system etc etc and calculated that he could do something to enhance his career.
I'm starting to wonder if he left Villa as he could see the writing on the wall there. If you look at Villas form, the rot set in while Beale was still there back in March.
Makes me think he feels staying at QPR will damage his 'brand's as perhaps it is a little harder than he expected, especially for a untested coach who in his own words was 'over qualified for the job's. As Clive said, 'full of bullsh#t'.
bronkhurst gone on 13:34 - Nov 24 with 2262 viewsdaveB

bronkhurst gone on 13:08 - Nov 24 by Antti_Heinola

He's someone who seems to know every player in the world, he's coached most of them by the sound of it so even if Les and co said we have some gems here when we don't he surley would have known about it or maybe done a bit of research himself.
bronkhurst gone on 13:35 - Nov 24 with 2249 viewsbosh67

bronkhurst gone on 13:10 - Nov 24 by dmm

Yes bosh, but that is the job he's paid to do even if he might jump ship tomorrow.

I can't say he won't but he was a gonna with the Wolves job and didn't go. Made it clear he was committed to us. Hasn't said otherwise.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024