Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beale's bailing thread... 10:03 - Nov 21 with 160390 viewsdigswellhoop

so the manager will be li ked hope he stays

This post has been edited by an administrator
bronkhurst gone on 21:57 - Nov 24 with 4204 viewsgigiisourgod

bronkhurst gone on 19:02 - Nov 24 by CLAREMAN1995

When Mick Beale turned down down Wolves to stay with us that thread became the most uplifting , funny and hopeful one in years IMO.
Some brilliant poster just simply typed " time for a wa*k I think " and it truly made me burst out laughing .
This thread is starting to get ugly slowly I wish the same poster would repeat his amazing post today we need it

I’ll have one for you mate…
bronkhurst gone on 21:59 - Nov 24 with 4188 viewsNorthernr

bronkhurst gone on 21:48 - Nov 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Solidarity with Paul Morrissey in planning the video for this scenario.

Can you imagine being Paul? Guy must be absolutely terrified of his phone.

Worse luck, his lad has got into QPR as a fan now. Spent the first day of his holiday last week… in the away end at Coventry
bronkhurst gone on 22:42 - Nov 24 with 3933 viewsqueensparker

Been out of the loop for a week or so but has our manager done anything wrong other than not said anything?

Seems an awful lot of vitriol and supposition aimed his way for essentially being linked with a job in the papers / by a bookies. Not a lot he can do about that.
bronkhurst gone on 22:56 - Nov 24 with 3818 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

bronkhurst gone on 21:59 - Nov 24 by Northernr

Can you imagine being Paul? Guy must be absolutely terrified of his phone.

Worse luck, his lad has got into QPR as a fan now. Spent the first day of his holiday last week… in the away end at Coventry

Haha yeah I saw him there and he looked immersed in it all.
bronkhurst gone on 22:57 - Nov 24 with 3827 viewsBurnleyhoop

bronkhurst gone on 22:42 - Nov 24 by queensparker

Been out of the loop for a week or so but has our manager done anything wrong other than not said anything?

Seems an awful lot of vitriol and supposition aimed his way for essentially being linked with a job in the papers / by a bookies. Not a lot he can do about that.

After the Wolves debacle, he should have nipped the speculation in the bud by stating he was not interested in the G Rangers job.

He hasn’t, so he clearly is. Ultimately he has messed this club around and created angst and instability across the club, the fan base and the players.

Why did he even bother coming to us when his intention was to bale out as soon as a supposed better gig came up?

Are the players that he brought in now going to give 100% for the rest of the season, or will they be looking for a sharp exit as well?

Wouldn’t surprise me if he started picking off the likes of Willock, Balogun and Tim once he gets his feet under the table. The man clearly has no shame.
bronkhurst gone on 23:06 - Nov 24 with 3785 viewsqueensparker

bronkhurst gone on 22:57 - Nov 24 by Burnleyhoop

After the Wolves debacle, he should have nipped the speculation in the bud by stating he was not interested in the G Rangers job.

He hasn’t, so he clearly is. Ultimately he has messed this club around and created angst and instability across the club, the fan base and the players.

Why did he even bother coming to us when his intention was to bale out as soon as a supposed better gig came up?

Are the players that he brought in now going to give 100% for the rest of the season, or will they be looking for a sharp exit as well?

Wouldn’t surprise me if he started picking off the likes of Willock, Balogun and Tim once he gets his feet under the table. The man clearly has no shame.

I dunno - all he’s done is… nothing.

He’s been linked with a job while he’s on holiday and then during a weird World Cup close season.

Seems a bit much to go to town on him based on loads of speculation, some of the posts here are way over the top IMO
bronkhurst gone on 23:14 - Nov 24 with 3717 viewsSydneyRs

bronkhurst gone on 23:06 - Nov 24 by queensparker

I dunno - all he’s done is… nothing.

He’s been linked with a job while he’s on holiday and then during a weird World Cup close season.

Seems a bit much to go to town on him based on loads of speculation, some of the posts here are way over the top IMO

He could shut it down easily if he wanted to.

He doesn't want to.
bronkhurst gone on 23:19 - Nov 24 with 3689 viewsMaggsinho

Dave Mc just retweeted this.

Login to get fewer ads

bronkhurst gone on 23:29 - Nov 24 with 3657 viewsFredManRave

In this situation, which MB is obviously well aware of, there are basically 2 options.

1. Announce immediately, or even waiting until your return from holiday, something along the lines of, "I've recently stated how I'm committed to QPR, the board, the players, the fans and the plans that we are all working hard to achieve and nothing has changed. These rumours are nothing more than that. I'm staying and I'll see you at Loftus Road on December the 11th. U R's"

2. Or say absolutely nothing, fueling the fenzy and being sufficiently self aware, which he must be, that the silence is not only destablising for the club, which gave you a break, but also creates uncertainty and doubt with the board and players and understandble angst amongst the fans.

MB is obviously inteligent so if option 1 was true he would have made a statement along those lines as soon as word reached his holiday cottage in Glasgow, let alone when he returned to London.

So, the fact he's chosen option 2 makes it quite clear that option 1 is not the case.

I personally think it's naive in the extreme (and that's being kind) and he's hedging his bets because he's interested but, similar to the Wolves situation, it's not a guarantee that he will take/be offered the job so would "happily" return if things don't go as planned.

I struggle to understand how some posters are still misssing the simplicity with which this whole saga could be avoided with a one liner confirming "Not interested" and the fact he hasn't done that means you can only draw one realistic conclusion of, he's interested.

Or maybe MB is just thick and needs a good representive and agent?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

bronkhurst gone on 23:41 - Nov 24 with 3591 viewsHunterhoop

bronkhurst gone on 23:29 - Nov 24 by FredManRave

In this situation, which MB is obviously well aware of, there are basically 2 options.

1. Announce immediately, or even waiting until your return from holiday, something along the lines of, "I've recently stated how I'm committed to QPR, the board, the players, the fans and the plans that we are all working hard to achieve and nothing has changed. These rumours are nothing more than that. I'm staying and I'll see you at Loftus Road on December the 11th. U R's"

2. Or say absolutely nothing, fueling the fenzy and being sufficiently self aware, which he must be, that the silence is not only destablising for the club, which gave you a break, but also creates uncertainty and doubt with the board and players and understandble angst amongst the fans.

MB is obviously inteligent so if option 1 was true he would have made a statement along those lines as soon as word reached his holiday cottage in Glasgow, let alone when he returned to London.

So, the fact he's chosen option 2 makes it quite clear that option 1 is not the case.

I personally think it's naive in the extreme (and that's being kind) and he's hedging his bets because he's interested but, similar to the Wolves situation, it's not a guarantee that he will take/be offered the job so would "happily" return if things don't go as planned.

I struggle to understand how some posters are still misssing the simplicity with which this whole saga could be avoided with a one liner confirming "Not interested" and the fact he hasn't done that means you can only draw one realistic conclusion of, he's interested.

Quite.

His number 1 interest is clearly himself and he’s playing along to see what happens. If he’s offered it, he’ll go, but he’s not 100% sure he will be so he’s trying not to burn bridges by keeping silent.

Nothing particularly wrong with looking after no. 1. However it does jar with the spiel post Wolves about integrity, seeing the job through, etc.

I can’t imagine Hoos and Les are best pleased, which, if he stays, is not a good place to be if results continue to be bad through December. If you were one of those two, you wouldn’t be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

My concern is whether the trust between him and the players has gone. If it has, he can’t stay, whether he wants to or not.
bronkhurst gone on 00:13 - Nov 25 with 3471 viewsLblock

bronkhurst gone on 23:29 - Nov 24 by FredManRave

Nailed it.

The interesting slant is the Teflon Les position publicly stating won’t stand in his way
I don’t get that unless there is a specific clause Or the Release dosh is significantly worth it

What a fking circus as per

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

bronkhurst gone on 00:17 - Nov 25 with 3461 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

bronkhurst gone on 00:13 - Nov 25 by Lblock

Nailed it.

The interesting slant is the Teflon Les position publicly stating won’t stand in his way
I don’t get that unless there is a specific clause Or the Release dosh is significantly worth it

Don’t see how this is Les or the clubs fault at all.

We all got a stiff one when Beale was appointed. None of us would have him down as being stupid / greedy / ambitious enough to leave the club after 4 months.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2022 0:18]
bronkhurst gone on 00:32 - Nov 25 with 3435 viewsPunteR

Beale would look a total dick head if he took the Rangers job after saying all those things after the Wolves fiasco.
He's not that daft surely?
Unless the board have been playing silly buggers with him which let's be honest that is very plausible.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

bronkhurst gone on 06:27 - Nov 25 with 3127 viewsdmm

bronkhurst gone on 00:32 - Nov 25 by PunteR

Beale would look a total dick head if he took the Rangers job after saying all those things after the Wolves fiasco.
He's not that daft surely?
Unless the board have been playing silly buggers with him which let's be honest that is very plausible.

He'll also look like a dickhead if he stays. What could he possibly say that would convince us he didn't flirt with GR and is committed to QPR? His bridges are all but ashes now. I shudder to think what the atmosphere at the Burnley game would be like if Beale's still here.

The best outcome is he gets the job at GR and we bring in a decent replacement.
bronkhurst gone on 06:44 - Nov 25 with 3105 viewsSydneyRs

bronkhurst gone on 00:17 - Nov 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Don’t see how this is Les or the clubs fault at all.

We all got a stiff one when Beale was appointed. None of us would have him down as being stupid / greedy / ambitious enough to leave the club after 4 months.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2022 0:18]

Or a self proclaimed giant club wanting someone so inexperienced.
bronkhurst gone on 07:00 - Nov 25 with 3064 viewsPunteR

bronkhurst gone on 06:27 - Nov 25 by dmm

He'll also look like a dickhead if he stays. What could he possibly say that would convince us he didn't flirt with GR and is committed to QPR? His bridges are all but ashes now. I shudder to think what the atmosphere at the Burnley game would be like if Beale's still here.

The best outcome is he gets the job at GR and we bring in a decent replacement.

Really ??

Ive must have missed something then. Ive switched off from the internet this week.
I havent read this thread properly either.

FFS.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

bronkhurst gone on 07:18 - Nov 25 with 2988 viewstraininvain

Nailed it.

I thought it was widely reported that Wolves activated a release clause in Beale’s contract? M

Someone as ambitious as Beale is always going to have a release clause. Not much the owners and upper management can do about that one.
bronkhurst gone on 07:31 - Nov 25 with 2927 viewsdistortR

bronkhurst gone on 07:00 - Nov 25 by PunteR

Really ??

Ive must have missed something then. Ive switched off from the internet this week.

FFS.

Yeah, if he's here and we beat Burnley, I don't think too many will complain. The silence at the moment is deafening, though.

I must say, the trail off in our form since all the wolves stuff has been attributed by some as Beale having had his head turned, personally I thought it was more to do with the loss of Jojo, and everything he brings, both in game management and playing ability.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2022 7:56]
bronkhurst gone on 08:02 - Nov 25 with 2771 viewsPhildo

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23147547.michael-beale-will-either-sink-swi
bronkhurst gone on 08:04 - Nov 25 with 2754 viewsozranger

bronkhurst gone on 07:00 - Nov 25 by PunteR

Really ??

FFS.

Fully agree. Fans will be fans and so we can't change that or criticise it either. They have their opinions, whether founded or not. Sometimes, I just sit back and laugh at some of the comments on this forum and want to write something, but think it's just best to take in all the rubbish that gets posted and have a good chuckle.

To me, and I can see with you as well, we need 100% belief that something has happened, not something posted on social media or in a newspaper. That is for the fans that are swayed by this rubbish. If you want that, you can go to the rumour web sites and give them your clicks. There are plenty of those. When Glasgow Rangers or QPR make a statement, I will believe it and nothing more.

Just sit back and laugh.
bronkhurst gone on 08:20 - Nov 25 with 2660 viewstraininvain

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-consider-alte

If Beale’s the No. 1 choice then it’s taking a long time for G Rangers to make a formal approach. This is beginning to feel a bit awkward.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2022 8:22]
bronkhurst gone on 08:23 - Nov 25 with 2643 viewsNorthernr

bronkhurst gone on 08:20 - Nov 25 by traininvain

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-consider-alte

If Beale’s the No. 1 choice then it’s taking a long time for G Rangers to make a formal approach. This is beginning to feel a bit awkward.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2022 8:22]

Hahahaha, potentially amazing. What a club.
bronkhurst gone on 08:29 - Nov 25 with 2608 viewstraininvain

DaveB’s prophecy is going to happen. It’s the most QPR outcome possible.
bronkhurst gone on 08:40 - Nov 25 with 2543 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Nailed it.

Not sure the club can be blamed for this. Most, if not all, young managers would have a release clause.
I think we all hoped he would stay for 3 or 4 years, learning on the job, and hopefully get us promoted. Pretty sure he would of then gone with a lot of goodwill from the fans and the club.
I imagine Les etc are as disappointed as the fans in all this, especially when giving someone their break. But, their hands are tied, can't sack him, too much money, so are left in a kind of destabilising limbo.

For those that dont think this is affecting the team, yes look at the results since the Wolves approach, but also the performances. I can take losing, but it has been a shambles performance wise.
bronkhurst gone on 09:01 - Nov 25 with 2407 viewsToast_R

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024