Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beale's bailing thread... 10:03 - Nov 21 with 160260 viewsdigswellhoop

so the manager will be li ked hope he stays

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Beale's bailing thread.. on 09:37 - Nov 30 with 5020 viewsDWQPR

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:13 - Nov 30 by daveB

i have to say I am one of those gullible people Clive talks about in his article who fell for it all. I liked Beale, liked the way he spoke, liked how his team played and thought it was quite refreshing to hear a manager clearly believing in himself and being a bit too honest at times. I do feel an absolute prat this morning for buying into it all especially as more stuff is coming out.

It's not the first time I've been duped, I tend to believe people when they tell me stuff much to my own detriment.It all reminded me of when I was at uni, 20 years old in a new town trying to make friends. I saw an ad in the paper for a new stereo system, cd, radio etc and was only £50 which was a lot of money but a new stereo we needed one in the halls. I told everyone in my halls I'd ordered it and we could all share it, play music before a night out, my in to make some friend. I ordered it and rang my dad telling him please stay in as the delivery is coming tomorrow and as we lived on the top floor of our council estate the delivery man might need some help. I booked train tickets back and arranged for a mate to come back with me to help carry the stereo back to Middlesbrough. My Dad couldn't speak to me on the phone when it arrived as he was in his words dying with laughter. I was askign how many did it take to carry ity up, "Oh it was a 2 man job" said Mum. When I returned home I found that what I had purchased was a model of a stereo and about 8 inches wide and 2 inches high. Feeling completely conned and embarrassed I had to decide to I say it was too big to bring back or just admit it, went with the later and just had the piss taken out of me for the next few years instead.

So fair to say I am quite easily duped. I feel more stupid over trusting Beale than I did over that story
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 9:16]

Wouldn’t feel worried bout being duped by their charlatan, the real people that were duped were the owners of the club. The guy no doubt is a serial liar who is only in it for himself. The reality is that he doesn’t care about developing players to take them to the next level which is a real skill which is clearly shown with the amount of loans he saddled us with and the need to bring in Balogun, when we have JCS, Dunne and Dickie and also Kakay who can play a central defender role if needed. It’s all about developing himself and the players are his tools to achieve that, nothing more. I was uneasy after seeing Clive’s interview with him be even more so after the match against Blackpool, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and things improved. We were all chuffed to be top of the league after the Cardiff game and even more so after the push back on Wolves, and happy to ignore the warnings that Clive intimated. Problem with liars and bullshítters is that some are good and very convincing. Beale is a good liar and a total bullshítter. But he has also now been found out based on his actions over the last five months. It will take a lot of convincing for future employers to get a job if he crashes and burns at Rangers. I’m glad he is out of the club and I look forward to getting behind the new manager and hopefully this sad episode will galvanise both support and players alike to prove that cùnt wrong.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The Beale's bailing thread... on 11:11 - Nov 30 with 4793 viewsstainrods_elbow

I don't give a shit about Beale, but my main concern is the further damage it does to our reputation, which, in my view, we have colluded with, as an even more of a naive, soft touch and inferiorty-laden club than we were before - it hardly strengthens our hand in recruting top people going forwards. What lessons have the likes of Hoos and Ferdinand learned, if any? In a professional context, just because there's so much spin in the game, you draw up contracts with employees to minimise the risk of this kind of horrorshow, you test the ground at interview on release clauses etc., and your due diligence has to mean something - did they even ask Beale if he inteded to move to London, for instance?(Some employers would insist on this.) The strong impression is that Beale's interview was like Mark Hughes on steroids, and we were his bitch.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 14:20]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:21 - Nov 30 with 4725 viewsbosh67

The Beale's bailing thread... on 11:11 - Nov 30 by stainrods_elbow

I don't give a shit about Beale, but my main concern is the further damage it does to our reputation, which, in my view, we have colluded with, as an even more of a naive, soft touch and inferiorty-laden club than we were before - it hardly strengthens our hand in recruting top people going forwards. What lessons have the likes of Hoos and Ferdinand learned, if any? In a professional context, just because there's so much spin in the game, you draw up contracts with employees to minimise the risk of this kind of horrorshow, you test the ground at interview on release clauses etc., and your due diligence has to mean something - did they even ask Beale if he inteded to move to London, for instance?(Some employers would insist on this.) The strong impression is that Beale's interview was like Mark Hughes on steroids, and we were his bitch.

I think the thing we take away from this is that if a candidate turns up with a powerpoint then tell them to f*ck off immediately.

I still find it hard to believe Rangers didn't consider Dyche. Highly experienced Prem manager. He obviously doesn't have a powerpoint handy.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:33 - Nov 30 with 4670 viewsJuzzie

The Beale's bailing thread... on 11:11 - Nov 30 by stainrods_elbow

I think part of the problem is football is not like other businesses and seems to operate in different spheres. Managers have a short shelf life (a couple of years) so i doubt they’ll be buying houses each time. Do they then rent? Sometimes Managers (and maybe players) have clauses that allow them to live further away.
We don’t know though, we’re not privy to the ins and outs of any player or manager contracts and some players (quite a lot probably) have outrageous clauses that just would not happen in the normal world.
Most of what we think is generally speculation based on what we perceive in our own business environments.
Not saying things aren’t right but we just don’t know.

[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 14:16]
The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:41 - Nov 30 with 4635 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:21 - Nov 30 by bosh67

I think the thing we take away from this is that if a candidate turns up with a powerpoint then tell them to f*ck off immediately.

I still find it hard to believe Rangers didn't consider Dyche. Highly experienced Prem manager. He obviously doesn't have a powerpoint handy.

Still being paid by Burnley allegedly so doubt we could even afford him.
Nor would I like to watch his style of football to be honest.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:01 - Nov 30 with 4540 viewsCamberleyR

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:41 - Nov 30 by CroydonCaptJack

Still being paid by Burnley allegedly so doubt we could even afford him.
Nor would I like to watch his style of football to be honest.

He means the 'other' Rangers CCJ.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 16:16 - Nov 30 with 4366 viewsTacticalR

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:33 - Nov 30 by Juzzie

I think part of the problem is football is not like other businesses and seems to operate in different spheres. Managers have a short shelf life (a couple of years) so i doubt they’ll be buying houses each time. Do they then rent? Sometimes Managers (and maybe players) have clauses that allow them to live further away.
We don’t know though, we’re not privy to the ins and outs of any player or manager contracts and some players (quite a lot probably) have outrageous clauses that just would not happen in the normal world.
Most of what we think is generally speculation based on what we perceive in our own business environments.
Not saying things aren’t right but we just don’t know.

[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 14:16]

Couldn't he have stayed at Mittal's mansion? His house has many rooms.

Air hostess clique

The Beale's bailing thread... on 17:39 - Nov 30 with 4203 viewsdistortR

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:13 - Nov 30 by daveB

i have to say I am one of those gullible people Clive talks about in his article who fell for it all. I liked Beale, liked the way he spoke, liked how his team played and thought it was quite refreshing to hear a manager clearly believing in himself and being a bit too honest at times. I do feel an absolute prat this morning for buying into it all especially as more stuff is coming out.

It's not the first time I've been duped, I tend to believe people when they tell me stuff much to my own detriment.It all reminded me of when I was at uni, 20 years old in a new town trying to make friends. I saw an ad in the paper for a new stereo system, cd, radio etc and was only £50 which was a lot of money but a new stereo we needed one in the halls. I told everyone in my halls I'd ordered it and we could all share it, play music before a night out, my in to make some friend. I ordered it and rang my dad telling him please stay in as the delivery is coming tomorrow and as we lived on the top floor of our council estate the delivery man might need some help. I booked train tickets back and arranged for a mate to come back with me to help carry the stereo back to Middlesbrough. My Dad couldn't speak to me on the phone when it arrived as he was in his words dying with laughter. I was askign how many did it take to carry ity up, "Oh it was a 2 man job" said Mum. When I returned home I found that what I had purchased was a model of a stereo and about 8 inches wide and 2 inches high. Feeling completely conned and embarrassed I had to decide to I say it was too big to bring back or just admit it, went with the later and just had the piss taken out of me for the next few years instead.

So fair to say I am quite easily duped. I feel more stupid over trusting Beale than I did over that story
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 9:16]

Hi Dave, have I told you about how I can save you £££'s by you sending all your money to me, in the tax free paradise of the Isle of Man. Me and Michelle Mone will then invest etc etc
Login to get fewer ads

The Beale's bailing thread... on 17:47 - Nov 30 with 4175 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:01 - Nov 30 by CamberleyR

He means the 'other' Rangers CCJ.

Ah I see.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 18:08 - Nov 30 with 4090 viewsphegarty

I'm ashamed to say that when Beale made his "integrity" speech at the time of the Wolves offer, I actually felt quite moved that someone would feel a degree of loyalty to the club that had shown faith in him, and to the players he'd brought in. Not that I thought he'd be at QPR forever - - but maybe for more than five minutes. Cheers, Mick. Thanks for playing all of us as complete mugs. I'll know better next time.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 18:10 - Nov 30 with 4081 viewsDixie_CT

The sooner snake chops is off my QPR news now feed, the better!
The Beale's bailing thread... on 18:13 - Nov 30 with 4056 viewsQPRSteve

Beale has shown such loyalty and integrity that may I suggest that he be inducted into the Forever R's club.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 18:34 - Nov 30 with 3963 viewsstainrods_elbow

Assuming it's beyond Ferdinand and Hoos, would it really be asking too much to hope Amit and/or Sinton (as Club President) might make a modest statement to condemn Beale on behalf of the club and its fans and stand up for our values? If I were Sinton, I'd feel morally obligated.

(Sorry - just remembered this is pro football. We'll be more likely to sell Willock to the Great Spotted Shit in January.)

The Beale's bailing thread... on 18:35 - Nov 30 with 3998 viewsCamberleyR

The Beale's bailing thread... on 18:13 - Nov 30 by QPRSteve

Beale has shown such loyalty and integrity that may I suggest that he be inducted into the Forever R's club.

Forever Arse club more like.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 21:03 - Nov 30 with 3818 viewsdmm

The Moral Harm of Michael Beale by Terence Blacker: https://terenceblacker.com/the-moral-harm-of-michael-beale/
The Beale's bailing thread... on 21:09 - Nov 30 with 3793 viewsGloryHunter

The Beale's bailing thread... on 21:03 - Nov 30 by dmm

The Moral Harm of Michael Beale by Terence Blacker: https://terenceblacker.com/the-moral-harm-of-michael-beale/

That's very good.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 22:26 - Nov 30 with 3575 viewsRanger_1969

The Beale's bailing thread... on 21:03 - Nov 30 by dmm

Exceptionally well put....agree with every word.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 01:29 - Dec 1 with 3387 viewsLoftgirl

The Beale's bailing thread... on 22:26 - Nov 30 by Ranger_1969

Exceptionally well put....agree with every word.

Maybe, for the Burnley match, the team could run out to "won't get fooled again".
The Beale's bailing thread... on 23:15 - Dec 1 with 2939 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sorry to put everyone in a shit mood:

https://theathletic.com/3957428/2022/12/01/michael-beale-apologises-qpr/?source=
The Beale's bailing thread... on 02:58 - Dec 2 with 2800 viewsstainrods_elbow

Thankfully it's behind a paywall!

Tosser - end of! Perhaps the nterviewing process at the club could be handed to Jude the Cat, who I imagine couldn't be less gullible at least.

The Beale's bailing thread... on 03:42 - Dec 2 with 2799 viewsnix

The Beale's bailing thread... on 23:15 - Dec 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Sorry to put everyone in a shit mood:

https://theathletic.com/3957428/2022/12/01/michael-beale-apologises-qpr/?source=

Not for me Bazz as I'm pretty much over Beale having been completely duped by the guy. Just don't believe any of it and knew it would be a pile of self serving slop. He's clearly got a lot of journalist mates though spinning furiously on his behalf. Trying to pretend it was out of the blue when the Rangers job came up just a few weeks after people on here commented about the inappropriateness of his being up there when the previous manager was in trouble and around the same time as he'd turned down the Wolves job. I didn't buy our fans' cynicism at the time but I was wrong. Would have more respect for him if he just came out and said that football is a brutal profession and he has to guide his career accordingly.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 07:27 - Dec 2 with 2683 viewsdistortR

The Beale's bailing thread... on 03:42 - Dec 2 by nix

Not for me Bazz as I'm pretty much over Beale having been completely duped by the guy. Just don't believe any of it and knew it would be a pile of self serving slop. He's clearly got a lot of journalist mates though spinning furiously on his behalf. Trying to pretend it was out of the blue when the Rangers job came up just a few weeks after people on here commented about the inappropriateness of his being up there when the previous manager was in trouble and around the same time as he'd turned down the Wolves job. I didn't buy our fans' cynicism at the time but I was wrong. Would have more respect for him if he just came out and said that football is a brutal profession and he has to guide his career accordingly.

"Didn't buy our fans cynicism"
You can have mine for half price, Nix - I've had enough of it.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:32 - Dec 2 with 2504 viewsSonofpugwash

Both Willock and Chair have unfollowed Beale on Instagram.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:39 - Dec 2 with 2482 viewsNorthernr

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:32 - Dec 2 by Sonofpugwash

Both Willock and Chair have unfollowed Beale on Instagram.

I'm clinging to the hope this galvanises them all a bit.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:43 - Dec 2 with 2469 viewsdaveB

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:39 - Dec 2 by Northernr

I'm clinging to the hope this galvanises them all a bit.

It should galvanise all of us, get behind the players and the club and have an exciting end to the season. Shame we have such a tough set of games when we come back though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024