Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window Rumours 10:51 - Dec 30 with 142810 viewsnumptydumpty

What we have got.
What we need.
And what we can afford.

My personal view.

No one to sell currently.

Our saleable assets are at their lowest valuations currently given recent form.

Others will know contract situations and wages. Etc.

I understand there is zero money to spend.

Am personally expecting three or four loanees, at least one striker, one full back, and one centre midfielder in Johansen style. No signings though.

Bonne, Thomas, Nico and possibly Roberts - I would try to loan back, loan elsewhere or sell.

Shodipo I think if someone on a par or better is available likely attempt be loaned out.

It's though a notoriously quiet window so could perhaps only be two or three deals done and if we can't get certain players off our books , be it temporarily or permanently, I feel sadly the replacements will not be incoming !!

The comments well we need two strikers that can put ball in back of the net !! Pure genius insight !!

Money talks. Hopefully Critchley has his own contacts and we shall see...

Crikey - apologies for crappy post - happy new year Rangers joys and girls !!!

[Post edited 30 Dec 2022 11:02]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:51 - Dec 31 with 5690 viewsed_83

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:19 - Dec 31 by GroveR

The last time we went for a Dom Ball / Josh Scowen or ageing Premier League loanable equivalent we ended up with Jeff Hendrick.

This is a very fair point. I should have clarified that when looking for players in that mould “not being completely useless” should be one of the criteria.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:20 - Dec 31 with 5592 viewsLblock

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:16 - Dec 31 by traininvain

Source re Willock or speculation based upon his recent performances?

Thought it due to his demeanour but then also got a message third or fourth hand from “someone who knows Les well” that he’s been tapped up and the atmosphere has turned sour.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:21 - Dec 31 with 5601 viewsmonners1969

January Transfer Window Rumours on 14:41 - Dec 31 by andrew1302

noone is talking about what happens if Dykes gets injured? Bonne goes and we are left with Armstrong.

That could a blessing in Disguise - 20 game run in the team to develops
And see if he can make it

50 game rule deffo applies for forwards
January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:25 - Dec 31 with 5583 viewsLblock

January Transfer Window Rumours on 13:18 - Dec 31 by QPR_John

“ I've heard in the past that the owners want to invest but can't due to P&S rules.
I think that's bollox and they want out. ”

I don’t think the training ground suggests they want out. Prepared to spend on infrastructure so it is possible they would spend on players but for Financial Unfair Play.

There’s all sorts of inventive ways we could get to spend money and work around the stupid rules.

I wouldn’t be putting my hands in my pockets either if the people doing the spending are coming back from the shops with Bonnes, Dykes, Thomas’s and such like.
The transfer policy at this club has been flawed for years and I don’t see it changing anytime soon. We simply do not have a plan and yet again don’t seem to have playing identity.

Happy New Year!!!!

January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:28 - Dec 31 with 5571 viewsLblock

noone is talking about what happens if Dykes gets injured? Bonne goes and we are left with Armstrong.

I’d settle for that.

In fact I’d sooner play a kid from the development squad than Bonne.
He’s on the record of not wanting to be here, he’s disrespected the club and we should’ve loaned him out ANYWHERE last window.
Even if the receiving club were only paying £500 a week of his wages it’s mitigation of money we are paying for absolutely zero return.

January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:43 - Dec 31 with 5528 viewsdmm

No head coach or DoF would allow that scenario to happen. Unless a new striker can be brought in, none of those three will be going anywhere.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:53 - Dec 31 with 5477 views08olesen

I wouldnt spend anything in Jan while Les is still at the top. Clear the decks in the Summer and replace him before locking ourselves into long term contracts this month.

The only bit of spending I would do is to extend Field. If we get a half decent bid for Willock I would sell too.

Try and shift Bonne, Shodipo, Dykes, Albert, Roberts, Balogun, Kakay, Hamalinan, Masterson, Amos, Thomas. They are all not good enough.

Top down refresh other than Lee Hoos.

Poll: Who will the other play off

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:19 - Dec 31 with 5414 viewsdmm

January Transfer Window Rumours on 15:53 - Dec 31 by 08olesen

I wouldnt spend anything in Jan while Les is still at the top. Clear the decks in the Summer and replace him before locking ourselves into long term contracts this month.

The only bit of spending I would do is to extend Field. If we get a half decent bid for Willock I would sell too.

Try and shift Bonne, Shodipo, Dykes, Albert, Roberts, Balogun, Kakay, Hamalinan, Masterson, Amos, Thomas. They are all not good enough.

Top down refresh other than Lee Hoos.

While I agree we have players who will need to be moved on or their contracts not renewed, it would be an act of self harm to shift out nearly half the squad in January. With whom would we replace them?!
Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:27 - Dec 31 with 5375 viewsSonofpugwash

You will own nothing.
You will sign nothing.
You will have no leg room.
And you will be happy.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:01 - Dec 31 with 5279 viewsgobbles

I love threads like this. It's like reading a forum on Football Manager set to easy level.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:14 - Dec 31 with 5233 viewsjohnhoop

January Transfer Window Rumours on 16:27 - Dec 31 by Sonofpugwash

You will own nothing.
You will sign nothing.
You will have no leg room.
And you will be happy.

Nice picture of Ernst Stavro Blofeld.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:20 - Dec 31 with 5189 viewsvanrrrr

Best chance of getting some dosh in looks like an EzE sell on… what a goal today

Come on the Toon - £60m and he is yours!
January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:37 - Dec 31 with 5135 viewsgolborne

January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:01 - Dec 31 by gobbles

I love threads like this. It's like reading a forum on Football Manager set to easy level.

Juvenile…
January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:48 - Dec 31 with 5099 viewsnumptydumpty

January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:01 - Dec 31 by gobbles

The thread I posted up is for any of us to post what we think will or won't happen and what we would wish to happen.

And also if anyone however random hears any rumours in next month or has bona fide news of transfers etc then that's the reason for the thread.

Don't understand what you are saying!!!
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 17:49]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:30 - Dec 31 with 5014 viewsgobbles

January Transfer Window Rumours on 17:48 - Dec 31 by numptydumpty

The thread I posted up is for any of us to post what we think will or won't happen and what we would wish to happen.

And also if anyone however random hears any rumours in next month or has bona fide news of transfers etc then that's the reason for the thread.

Don't understand what you are saying!!!
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 17:49]

Your implication is that our problems can be solved simply by buying and selling players. Thus you get posts saying get rid of half the squad as they are not good enough, whereas anyone with a basic knowledge of even relatively recent QPR history would know that wholesale changes are a recipe for disaster, as they create factions in the squad, makes it impossible to build any sort of club ethos and makes us only a draw for mercenary players, while all our better players want out.
Personally, I would rather Critchley gets to the bottom of why we are under performing and gets into the head of the players we have. Why are guys like Dickie a shadow of what they were and how can we get them back? How do we involve Dykes better? Why don't Field and Dozzell get further up the pitch? What they hell has happened with Amos? These are players who should have some sort of upside and future yet so many are just saying 'they're sh*t, dump them'. Guys like Thomas come in and people see it as '45 minutes to save your career'. What sort of business is that?
Even when the wheels fell off at the end of last season, this squad had some spirit about them. Now there doesn't seem to be any. If we don't create a bit of a squad feeling, no one with anything about them would come here anyway.
PS: If we need anyone incoming, we need cover for Johansen, a midfielder who can pass the ball forward.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 18:35]
January Transfer Window Rumours on 19:51 - Dec 31 with 4848 viewsWestbourneR

January Transfer Window Rumours on 11:37 - Dec 31 by ed_83

Willock will be sold if an offer, any offer, comes in for him. I was laughed at in the summer for saying I’d take £10m for him, but between his form and his contract situation we’d be lucky to get half that now. Laird and Tim will be recalled, suspect one or both might head up to Glasgow.

All very well saying we should sell Thomas, Bonne etc but who’s going to buy them? League One teams don’t have the money and they’re clearly not Championship players. Would be very very surprised if we shift anyone at all from the fringes of the squad, unless we’re paying up their contract, in which case what would be the point?

In terms of incomings, I think it’ll be a right back on loan to replace Laird if he goes, and that’s it. What I’d like to see, and what we’ve needed for the last five years or more, is a nasty little scrote to play alongside Field, a proper hard man who’s willing to get in people’s faces and demand more from our nice team of polite boys, but who can also play a bit. Come back Dom Ball / Josh Scowen or your ageing Premier League loanable equivalents, all is forgiven. If we’re going completely insane then a right winger with pace and ability to replace Shodipo and Adomah would be useful too, but I don’t see it happening.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 11:38]

'His form'? This is laughable - a few people saying Willock's 'form' has halved his value or he's only worth £4mill now. What are you talking about?? He's been injured and then had two or three bad games (probably because he's about to leave).

Aside from that he was on fire for the whole of last season and even more on fire for the start of this one.

He's still a £10million pound player - easy - and if we weren't in such a weak position it'd be a lot more. He's not as talented as Eze but he's easily as effective, if not more so.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

January Transfer Window Rumours on 20:44 - Dec 31 with 4707 viewsLoyalitat

January Transfer Window Rumours on 18:30 - Dec 31 by gobbles

Your implication is that our problems can be solved simply by buying and selling players. Thus you get posts saying get rid of half the squad as they are not good enough, whereas anyone with a basic knowledge of even relatively recent QPR history would know that wholesale changes are a recipe for disaster, as they create factions in the squad, makes it impossible to build any sort of club ethos and makes us only a draw for mercenary players, while all our better players want out.
Personally, I would rather Critchley gets to the bottom of why we are under performing and gets into the head of the players we have. Why are guys like Dickie a shadow of what they were and how can we get them back? How do we involve Dykes better? Why don't Field and Dozzell get further up the pitch? What they hell has happened with Amos? These are players who should have some sort of upside and future yet so many are just saying 'they're sh*t, dump them'. Guys like Thomas come in and people see it as '45 minutes to save your career'. What sort of business is that?
Even when the wheels fell off at the end of last season, this squad had some spirit about them. Now there doesn't seem to be any. If we don't create a bit of a squad feeling, no one with anything about them would come here anyway.
PS: If we need anyone incoming, we need cover for Johansen, a midfielder who can pass the ball forward.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 18:35]

I can't help but think that the loan signings have blocked the paths/chances to progress of some of the players named. A quick look at Luton's squad suggests that they have only signed one player on loan, the goalkeeper, Hovarth. Happy to be corrected if wrong.
Brentford used the loan system sparingly when in this division too.

Of the ones we have signed on loan and started a sufficient number of games, only Laird has been worthy of his place in my opinion. Luke Amos may not be to everyone's liking, but he has the ability to score goals from midfield as proved last season with his 6 goals, as well as hitting the post on a couple of other occasions . He seems to have a knack of getting into scoring positions, which neither Iroegbunam nor Roberts have managed to any great effect.

We should be persisting with players like Amos and Dozzell, when fit, ahead of the above named loanees. The primary focus should be on improving what we have, and like you, I believe they along with Field, all have scope for improvement and shouldn't be written off.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 20:50 - Dec 31 with 4689 viewsBenny_the_Ball

January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:19 - Dec 30 by monners1969

Out of contract

Balogun
Shodipo
Amos
Masterton
Bonne
Bettache
Archer

Thomas (year option)
Willock (year option)

Loans
Laird
Tim I
Richards (option to buy £400k?)

9 players due to go in summer 2023 including the loans…

The question is more do you keep any of them if you can

Goodness, from that list I'd happily let all bar Willock go (and, sadly, I think he'll be off). Critchley's style of play doesn't really suit the personnel at his disposal so some rebuilding of the squad will be required in the summer if he is to persist with the same tactics.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 20:51]
January Transfer Window Rumours on 20:54 - Dec 31 with 4673 viewsBenny_the_Ball

January Transfer Window Rumours on 20:44 - Dec 31 by Loyalitat

I can't help but think that the loan signings have blocked the paths/chances to progress of some of the players named. A quick look at Luton's squad suggests that they have only signed one player on loan, the goalkeeper, Hovarth. Happy to be corrected if wrong.

Of the ones we have signed on loan and started a sufficient number of games, only Laird has been worthy of his place in my opinion. Luke Amos may not be to everyone's liking, but he has the ability to score goals from midfield as proved last season with his 6 goals, as well as hitting the post on a couple of other occasions . He seems to have a knack of getting into scoring positions, which neither Iroegbunam nor Roberts have managed to any great effect.

We should be persisting with players like Amos and Dozzell, when fit, ahead of the above named loanees. The primary focus should be on improving what we have, and like you, I believe they along with Field, all have scope for improvement and shouldn't be written off.

Sorry but a midfield of Amos, Dozzell and Field is just too nice for the cut and thrust of the championship. It needs more bite and desire.
January Transfer Window Rumours on 21:12 - Dec 31 with 4631 viewsLoyalitat

January Transfer Window Rumours on 20:54 - Dec 31 by Benny_the_Ball

Sorry but a midfield of Amos, Dozzell and Field is just too nice for the cut and thrust of the championship. It needs more bite and desire.

Which hasn't been improved with the loanees.

I agree with you and if our scouting for that type of player in the divisions below for instance, were where it should be, then we may have picked up the kind of players Luton have in those positions: Clark (Accrington Stanley), Campbell (Motherwell)
January Transfer Window Rumours on 23:43 - Dec 31 with 4461 viewsdanehoop

I think the issue is that the manager says what type of player he wants and then discusses with DOF, scouts and Analytics Team. They come back with what is available within the budget for manager to think about. So it may not be that the system hasnt worked, but that the manager has identified a a different need to the ones where the talent that you mention exists.

Never knowingly understood

January Transfer Window Rumours on 23:56 - Dec 31 with 4420 viewsAntti_Heinola

January Transfer Window Rumours on 20:44 - Dec 31 by Loyalitat

Struggling to think who’s been held back by the loans. The players in their positions have been injured half the time

Bare bones.

January Transfer Window Rumours on 23:59 - Dec 31 with 4409 viewsLblock

Simms incoming on loan from Everton after they play FA Cup

Saucey!!!

January Transfer Window Rumours on 00:39 - Jan 1 with 4353 viewstraininvain

January Transfer Window Rumours on 23:59 - Dec 31 by Lblock

Simms incoming on loan from Everton after they play FA Cup

Saucey!!!

Yes please and happy new year Lblock!
January Transfer Window Rumours on 08:37 - Jan 1 with 4072 viewsdavman

January Transfer Window Rumours on 09:56 - Dec 31 by Third_Division_South

Hopefully, this new partnership will yield some results

Looking to buy in that market, or preparing for life at that level?

These "long term" plans to buy cheap and sell high were all well and good when a) we bought well and b) there was market for us to sell on to out there.

Not now, not now.

No idea what the answer is, but it HAS to involve good coaching and some time,; have we got either?

Happy New Year!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024