Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad 21:49 - Jan 31 with 9934 viewsGloucs_R

Looking very very light now with the latest departures. Even more so when you think how injury prone we are.

Drewe
Dixon Bonner
Time to step up?

Any others?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Squad on 21:52 - Jan 31 with 5315 viewsDannyPaddox

Odemwingie?
Squad on 21:54 - Jan 31 with 5255 viewsGloucs_R

Squad on 21:52 - Jan 31 by DannyPaddox

Odemwingie?

Squad on 21:55 - Jan 31 with 5250 viewseghamranger

Alfie Lloyd doing well at Eastleigh, but he’s young and there till the end of the season
Squad on 22:26 - Jan 31 with 5059 viewsLogman

None of them are ready to step up. The Board are taking a big risk with our 16 1st team players, several of which are injury prone, not mentally/physically equipped for top level football or not good enough technically. Let's face it, we are not being prepared for progressing. We are being prepared for becoming a community club that serves the local community.
Squad on 22:29 - Jan 31 with 5014 viewsenfieldargh

I'm sorry but Thomas and Tumlauntman not being around makes no difference to the squad. The goal posts and crossbar offer more to our team than those 2

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Squad on 22:32 - Jan 31 with 4997 viewsbosh67

I am starting to shake my head at how thin this squad is and how we've managed to get to a point when we were top of the league to simply having half a team of loan players and one actual striker, who's in hospital and unlikely to be well enough to return any time soon.

We are starting to look like the footballing equivalent of the film, The Producers!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Squad on 22:39 - Jan 31 with 4947 viewsdaveB

Is the squad that thin?

We've got 4 goalkeepers, 9 defenders, 9 midfield players and 4 forwards that's without players from the B team and under 18's.
Squad on 22:40 - Jan 31 with 4938 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Clearly, they've written off the season. Got to admit it'll take something dramatic to go down as many of the clubs below us are in awful form too but they want to be careful trying to flog season tickets. When it's not just Stainrod/me being negative but their most loyal supporters who follow them home and away from the Isle of Wight, you do wonder.....

https://qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=83167
Login to get fewer ads

Squad on 22:48 - Jan 31 with 4878 viewsbosh67

Squad on 22:39 - Jan 31 by daveB

Is the squad that thin?

We've got 4 goalkeepers, 9 defenders, 9 midfield players and 4 forwards that's without players from the B team and under 18's.

You're right. A few weeks ago we had 3 goalkeepers in the match day squad with two on the bench. What the hell am I worrying about?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Squad on 22:49 - Jan 31 with 4867 viewsLogman

Squad on 22:29 - Jan 31 by enfieldargh

I'm sorry but Thomas and Tumlauntman not being around makes no difference to the squad. The goal posts and crossbar offer more to our team than those 2

But we need three or four Championship player quality players in. Otherwise we will succumb. We will get found out at left back, right back, right midfield and up front. We will not be good enough in those areas and will continuously lose games as a result.
Squad on 22:51 - Jan 31 with 4850 viewsLogman

Is the squad that thin?

Nonsense. We haven't got a good enough right midfielder, second striker or full backs if Paal or Laird get further injured/suspended, which they will. As Ollie used to say, 'you are only as good as your weakest player'. Well, we have got four or five of them ...
Squad on 22:56 - Jan 31 with 4821 viewsdaveB

Squad on 22:51 - Jan 31 by Logman

Nonsense. We haven't got a good enough right midfielder, second striker or full backs if Paal or Laird get further injured/suspended, which they will. As Ollie used to say, 'you are only as good as your weakest player'. Well, we have got four or five of them ...

I didn't say it was a good squad but it's not thin, we've got plenty of players
Squad on 23:47 - Jan 31 with 4617 viewsconnell10

Squad on 21:52 - Jan 31 by DannyPaddox

Odemwingie?

Tinky winky

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Squad on 00:03 - Feb 1 with 4542 viewsLblock

Squad on 22:40 - Jan 31 by Wegerles_Stairs

Clearly, they've written off the season. Got to admit it'll take something dramatic to go down as many of the clubs below us are in awful form too but they want to be careful trying to flog season tickets. When it's not just Stainrod/me being negative but their most loyal supporters who follow them home and away from the Isle of Wight, you do wonder.....

https://qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=83167

The one season I go on the record as saying I think we’ll stay up and……..

If any team can “do a Millwall” then it’s our boys.
No sign of this run of form being snapped and if that remains the case then maybe the rubber bedsheets might be needed yet!!!

Your point on ST renewals is bang on - I think crowds will dip massively here on in.
It’s not your floating fans who are dropping out; it’s people who have had ST’s for decades and (despite seeing far worse) the cumulative effect of everything means it’s a thank you and see you as an occasional in the future

11 years….. what a man that Bungle is

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Squad on 00:08 - Feb 1 with 4534 viewsFredManRave

Squad on 00:03 - Feb 1 by Lblock

The one season I go on the record as saying I think we’ll stay up and……..

If any team can “do a Millwall” then it’s our boys.
No sign of this run of form being snapped and if that remains the case then maybe the rubber bedsheets might be needed yet!!!

Your point on ST renewals is bang on - I think crowds will dip massively here on in.
It’s not your floating fans who are dropping out; it’s people who have had ST’s for decades and (despite seeing far worse) the cumulative effect of everything means it’s a thank you and see you as an occasional in the future

11 years….. what a man that Bungle is

You do know what the Huddersfield game is, don't you, mate?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Squad on 07:07 - Feb 1 with 4235 viewsGloucs_R

Is the squad that thin?

I thought two of the keeper are out on loan

3 defenders are injured, 2 have barely played professional football

4 midfielders are been out injured a lot this season. 2 are unknown at this level

1 striker is very poorly in hospital, 1 is very raw, 1 had just arrived and the other couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.... Especially if the cow is walking in the opposite direction

So yes, I would say that's quite thin, certainly on the quality front.

Squad on 07:18 - Feb 1 with 4173 viewsNorthernr

Whether the squad is thin or not, George Thomas and Nico Hamalainen were never going to be the difference between staying up or going down.
Squad on 09:03 - Feb 1 with 3870 viewsstantheman10

Squad on 22:26 - Jan 31 by Logman

None of them are ready to step up. The Board are taking a big risk with our 16 1st team players, several of which are injury prone, not mentally/physically equipped for top level football or not good enough technically. Let's face it, we are not being prepared for progressing. We are being prepared for becoming a community club that serves the local community.

How do you know none are ready to step up unless they are given a chance. How old and experienced do they need to be? Like loads of us on here I was playing a decent standard of mens football when I was 16 and only got experience and tougher by playing amongst them. Sunderland have got a 15 year old playing for them!
Squad on 09:03 - Feb 1 with 3876 viewsGloucs_R

Squad on 07:18 - Feb 1 by Northernr

Whether the squad is thin or not, George Thomas and Nico Hamalainen were never going to be the difference between staying up or going down.

Not sure many are saying that they think we are going down.

But if we do, at least we have a mid table League 1 squad already in place for next season 😁

Squad on 09:04 - Feb 1 with 3872 viewsdaveB

Squad on 07:07 - Feb 1 by Gloucs_R

I thought two of the keeper are out on loan

3 defenders are injured, 2 have barely played professional football

4 midfielders are been out injured a lot this season. 2 are unknown at this level

1 striker is very poorly in hospital, 1 is very raw, 1 had just arrived and the other couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.... Especially if the cow is walking in the opposite direction

So yes, I would say that's quite thin, certainly on the quality front.

I think the keeper loans are done now, Mahoney ended up staying

I'm not for a second saying everything is great or even average but adding extra back up players is not the answer imo.

If Paal is out stick Aaron Drewe in, if he's useless like Niko you at least know and are actually having a pathway to the team. if Dykes is out you have Lowe and Armstrong to start up front as well as forwards in our B and under 18's team to sit on the bench.

A few years back when Holloway went on one of his bad runs he ended that by just throwing a kid in, Manning got a game at Wolves was brilliant and off we go. Paul Smyth a year layer a similar reaction.

I've no idea how good any of these B teams lads are but stick a few on the bench, throw Armstrong in from the start add a bit of youth and the attitude of this is my opportunity and what I have worked all my life for into the team rather than woe is me that we currently have
Squad on 09:49 - Feb 1 with 3691 viewstxmw12

Is the squad that thin?

yes it is thin. there are not enough forwards and the numbers you have mentioned include players that are league 1 or 2 standard at best. it terms of championship quality players, yes the squad is thin
Squad on 09:51 - Feb 1 with 3669 viewsLazyFan

It is good enough to stay up this season; that's all that counts.
16th place again, as we have always been.

Then we shall see what the summer brings.

zzzzzzzzzz

Squad on 10:01 - Feb 1 with 3630 viewsDejR_vu

Squad on 09:51 - Feb 1 by LazyFan

It's good enough for an awful lot better than 16th, but look where we are. This lot are so gutless, we could be the best team to be relegated in years.

We've taken 8 points from the last 13 games. Carry on like that and we will end up on 48 points.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 10:05]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Squad on 10:06 - Feb 1 with 3602 viewsBAWHoops

It's a dead season now. The iteration of this team is over and there's no point adding to it with loans.
Focus needs to be on staying up (we should) and preparing for summer.

We need to build a new squad and should be actively seeking to sell in order to raise funds to do so.
Plenty of useful players out there (look at how we took Field and could probably sell him for around £5m now). We mustn't be scared to evolve

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Squad on 11:35 - Feb 1 with 3406 viewsstanistheman

Squad on 09:51 - Feb 1 by LazyFan

I like your optimism, but we are on a poor run with no reason to believe it will improve any time soon.
Huddersfield away is rarely really good for QPR.
Then it’s Millwall and Sunderland at home.
If we get 3 -5 points we will have done well, but with injuries in our squad a draw might be the best we get.

In no particularly order of fixtures we also have to play at Middlesbrough,Burnley, WBA, Blackpool, Wigan & Stoke.

At home to Norwich, Watford, Blackburn, Coventry & Preston.

It’s always difficult to accurately predict so many games in such s space of time, but I really don’t really see many points being won from these games given the form, injuries and lack of 1st team squad outfield players . We are going to need to put in some younger players in the squad and hope they fare better than the likes of Thomas, Hamalainen, Shodipo, Dozzell and even Armstrong who has yet to score.

Edit
I forgot we have an away game at Rotherham and a home game against Bristol City. Another 2 games where a defeat is the most likely outcome given recent history.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 13:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024